Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
In a professional context him resigning is the only reasonable course of action. That's how you deal with it when you gently caress up that badly, you resign or you get fired. Man, the whole thing is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

From the comments of that apology blog post, written by the Guncraft dev:

quote:

I had the "pleasure" of being acquainted with Mike and Travis during a Groupees bundle we shared last year in May. They were harassing customers in chat and I stepped in to tell them to stop. After Mike and Travis retargeted their harassment at me, Mike and I proceeded to chat in private messages. I told him "you need to learn to act a bit more professional" after a short discussion about how he can't treat his customers that way. He said "You can't teach a lesson to God."

After a little bit of talk like this (I remained civil and he kept saying things like this. I have the entire transcript saved btw.), Mike proceeded to get his followers and famous YouTubers to go and attack our Desura page, putting in 1/10's for reviews over and over. He also got people to talk poo poo on Twitter about our game, despite them not playing it at all. It was petty and pointless and all because I defended customers he was harassing.

I've followed his progress closely and silently ever since then. I documented several of his outbursts and waited for him to implode. That day finally came.

Mike is not a good person. He got what he deserved and anyone feeling sorry for him really shouldn't. Maybe one day he'll become a halfway decent human being, but it won't be in the game industry. He's done here, as seen from this terrible apology. "lovely corporations" really?! You haven't learned ANYTHING Mike.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Unbearable posted:

"You can't teach a lesson to God."

There is no God but Steam, and GabeN is its only prophet. And this dude got off lucky. Only got kicked off Steam. He could've been assassinated by some zealous TF2 fan for threatening the Lord of Hats.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Niggurath posted:

Also it currently appears that Payday 2 is on sale for 75% off till Oct. 28th.

Yeah, and all the DLC bar the latest one (which is a Hotline Miami tie-in and is :krad:) is also 75% off. But yeah, now is the time to jump in, free DLC is flowing and now is a pretty decent time to jump in. (Do at the very least join the Steam group if you do buy it for some free stuff. Also recommended: the soundtrack, which is awesome and is also constantly updated, so you can blast out Evil Eye on demand)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Unbearable posted:

Holy :aslol: how do you get through life like that.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Niggurath posted:

Gods was an interesting concept that was horribly marred by bullshit RNG and annoying game play that tried way too hard to be difficult. Thankfully they patched in some options to make the game more simple, but at release it was a massively not fun experience.

ya, Gods Will Be Watching seems like it could be cool but I just have to wait for it to be in a bundle, because I know there's a good chance I'll put it down after 10mins and never touch it again

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Palpek posted:

I don't know how he could tell that a future company he'll work at is lovely. He has never been employed in his life.

Any company he doesn't run is lovely, in his mind.

I had a friend in high school whose brother was like that. 30 years old, had an MBA and never worked a day in his life. His parents were loaded and just supported him until they finally got tired of him sitting around home playing games and wishing he was God so they bought him a factory in China and sent him off to run it.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
So, a new beta update window just popped up and I clicked OK to let it update and... now Steam can't connect to the network anymore? Anyone else getting this?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Delusibeta posted:

Yeah, and all the DLC bar the latest one (which is a Hotline Miami tie-in and is :krad:) is also 75% off. But yeah, now is the time to jump in, free DLC is flowing and now is a pretty decent time to jump in. (Do at the very least join the Steam group if you do buy it for some free stuff. Also recommended: the soundtrack, which is awesome and is also constantly updated, so you can blast out Evil Eye on demand)

They're also running an anniversary event right now which is culminating in a new free heist next week and them adding back the Hoxton from the first game, as well as overhauling the skill system, so now is a great time to get the game.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, is any of the midweek madness games worth a look? I've kind of had my eye on Battlemage since I've been hankering something fierce for something that can come close to the fun I had with Dark Messiah.

Gods Will Be Watching confused me for a while but what I can gather it's an adventure game that's trying to be gritty sci-fi drama but I'm always open for something new if it turns out that it could be a diamond in the rough.

It is not an adventure game at all. It's a puzzle game where you have to balance fifty things happening at once. Often you have to lose to figure out how one thing affects another which can be arbitrary or follow its own internal logic. The devs supported this and thought it was good gameplay until everyone told them they were stupid and they patched in easier modes.

So just know that you're going into a puzzle game and not an adventure game. I didn't get past the second level but I can tell you the writing has that stiff English-as-a-second-language quality so don't even come for the story.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
Has anyone ever bought games that aren't part of a bundle from Bundlestars before? Because they've got Shadow of Mordor for £20 and I'm wondering how much of a risk it is.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Mechathief posted:

So, a new beta update window just popped up and I clicked OK to let it update and... now Steam can't connect to the network anymore? Anyone else getting this?

I just booted it there now and it updated, and I can't connect either. For the moment I'm putting it down to Tuesday maintenance, though

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ChrisAsmadi posted:

Has anyone ever bought games that aren't part of a bundle from Bundlestars before? Because they've got Shadow of Mordor for £20 and I'm wondering how much of a risk it is.

I've bought a few "bundles" that were just a game and its DLC. They are legit.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

ChrisAsmadi posted:

AFAIK they're Focus Home Interactive, who are a publisher, probably best known for the Sherlock Holmes games and Bloodbowl. So, yeah, super-legit.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

InfiniteZero posted:

Your error is that your suggestion is a very rational and adult kind of thing to do.

I once threatened an ex-boss with stealing his best client on the way out of the door. I've since learned that the best retorts are those you do in your car, to yourself a couple of weeks later. And never *tell* them you're going to steal their clients, just loving do it.

Anyone got a link to the Guncraft dev's stuff?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

ChrisAsmadi posted:

Definitely legit, bought from them before.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Oh Tuesday maintenance. All I want is to buy legends of grimrock 2.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Mechathief posted:

No problem reconnecting after updating the beta here.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Yeah, seems to be fixed now. Carry on!

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

So I just beat the Legend of Korra game. Decent, overall, with a couple of nitpicks-one, the camera. I played through MGR and (most of) Bayonetta in the last month or so and I cannot believe Platinum just sucks this bad at camera work in the game. The lock on system is really stupid too, I can't tell if it chooses an enemy at random (likely) or if it goes for what it deems the most dangerous, but either way it's not reliable in any way. The fighting itself is pretty good though. I feel like the mecha tanks have too much health but there aren't really boss fights as such so I guess it helps break up the story. There also isn't the kind of synergy I would hope for in terms of switching bending on the fly-when you switch styles, it begins a new combo string, so you can't do like, the first two hits as water and then finish with earth or something. It should be a lot more fun to play through the second time though because you don't have access to all styles from the beginning (air is hilariously overpowered too) so playing a "new game+" type of thing will be a lot of fun.

Total time was just under 4 and half hours to beat the main story. You might be able to shave off some time if you don't fail/die as often as I did, or just stick to the main path and don't look for the bonus treasure rooms (which are not hidden at all, really). There's also the pro-bending mode I haven't touched yet (except the couple of times the story forces you into it).

If you like the show, and have $15, you could spend it worse. Otherwise I'd say wait for a sale but it's Activision so who knows if that will happen.

If you want to be spoilered and watch me be not very good at it, I have the whole thing up on my twitch, for now. I told it to upload to YouTube but it doesn't seem like it's done yet, or something. I've never really used twitch before.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
http://store.steampowered.com/app/256010/
Oh dear, seems like Jagged alliance Flashback ran out of money and pushed out of EA into Release and seems to be gunning on the Modding scene to fix it (From what the JA2 thread seems to be saying) :( It's cheaper now though, $23.
That and no game ever will live up to the die-hard JA2 1.13 fans. They've been personally customising that game for years, no dev team building a new game is going to ever touch a good solid game + years of super-nerd tweaking.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unbearable posted:

Imho if a dude refers to himself as a god he is mentally unwell

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

We are attempting to play Devil's Dare. Every time we attempt to rebind any keys in the key config menu, it automatically sets the key we selected to change to being "joy1 Axis-4" if we have a controller plugged in. Is there anyway to rebind controls in this game to a ds4 or is it just straight up broken? it's a brand new ds4 and works fine with any xinput games using x360ce.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 21, 2014

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dominic White posted:

Weird Patch Notes 2014:

Added Sunglasses
Added Akimbo Pistols
Added Keanu Reeves

GOTY 2014.

Although, I hear they ruined the balance in Payday 2 after tons of "rebalancing" since its release that now it's rather unfun to play?

Nevett
Aug 31, 2001

Saoshyant posted:

GOTY 2014.

Although, I hear they ruined the balance in Payday 2 after tons of "rebalancing" since its release that now it's rather unfun to play?

Nope it's great and amazingly well supported.

Rebalances always upset some people but overall the game is far better than release

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Is there any reason to get Shadow of Mordor right now, like some sort of multy-player element that might lose relevance, or can we safely wait for a seasonal sale ?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Did Payday 2 fix the cheater problem yet? It's really unfun when a cheater removes any and all challenge from your game. I prefer the ones that sabotage the games n purpose since that's at least a little funny, but they seem to be rare.

admataY posted:

Is there any reason to get Shadow of Mordor right now, like some sort of multy-player element that might lose relevance, or can we safely wait for a seasonal sale ?

You can wait.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Saoshyant posted:

GOTY 2014.

Payday 2 went through a period of punishing balance changes that killed effective strategies and increased the game's grind. However, since their lead dev left the project (whether there's a correlation is a matter of opinion but the timing lines up) most of these have been corrected. (Admittedly, at least one problem was corrected via paid DLC.)

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Is Crysis 3 worth it? It's on sale on Origin for $14

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Deakul posted:

Well, uh, he's not much better than the other guy.
Seems to me that social media has turned a lot of people into idiots, it gives them a platform to cry about everything no matter how much it digs them into a hole.

If only Valve wasn't so big, our death threat would have been OK!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Croccers posted:

It's cheaper now though, $23.

I can wait until it's $5. Weren't these the same guys that left Space Hulk wanting?

^^^: If it's the end of the story, is he shutting up?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Verdugo posted:

"If only Steam wasn't a monopoly then I could threaten the lives of as many digital store employees as I wanted to. loving system, man."

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Man, I've been thinking about getting that game for awhile but always held off because of the poor reviews. Glad I did.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Verdugo posted:

Holy gently caress, what is wrong with these people? Is it really so hard to just say "my teammate screwed up real bad" and then shut up? Nobody would have been paying any attention to him if he'd just kept quiet.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Acquire Currency! posted:

Imho if a dude refers to himself as a god he is mentally unwell
Who are you to criticize a god? :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Pierzak posted:

Who are you to criticize a god? :v:

What does God need with a Steam sale?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Paradoxish posted:

Holy gently caress, what is wrong with these people? Is it really so hard to just say "my teammate screwed up real bad" and then shut up? Nobody would have been paying any attention to him if he'd just kept quiet.

I dunno dude Twitter has some magical power that forces people to dig deeper and deeper holes

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
"Blame Gaben or God"

I think I'll go with God on this one.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

clearly a man who gets it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Don't spoil your kid or he'll make death threats at a succesful billionaire he's almost completely dependant on for any sort of success in his line of work.

• Locked thread