Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
On a 2 weeker down the refinery for work. God I forgot how much I hate 75% of the people here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Viggen posted:

Nah its more of the combination of the two..

Like if you buy a baseball bat, and a tub of Crisco.
A DVD collection of cartoons, and several boxes of D-Con.
Jumper cables, and a Tu-Tu.
A Bob Dylan Greatest Hits CD (and anything else).

a cucumber and the largest container of icy-hot they have.

Knobjockey
Jul 21, 2003

Crush your enemies.
Bang! and the alien is gone.
Hear the lamentation of Dr. Vahlen.

kastein posted:

a cucumber and the largest container of icy-hot they have.

Shoot a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
http://www.vwvortex.com/news/aftermarket-and-industry-news/asgard-performance-stuffs-biturbo-v10-golf/?COLLCC=687723062

"The finished product- technically now an R52, is claimed to have 1500ps (1479hp) and 1760Nm (1298 ft-lbs) of torque, and comes in just 900kg (1984lbs)."

Dang :getin:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Baller Witness Bro posted:

http://www.vwvortex.com/news/aftermarket-and-industry-news/asgard-performance-stuffs-biturbo-v10-golf/?COLLCC=687723062

"The finished product- technically now an R52, is claimed to have 1500ps (1479hp) and 1760Nm (1298 ft-lbs) of torque, and comes in just 900kg (1984lbs)."

Dang :getin:

So.....a lot of power and no weight to really give it any traction?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 226 days!)

CommieGIR posted:

So.....a lot of power and no weight to really give it any traction?

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads. *flips shades, then car*

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Whatever man. They haven't added the 4 foot tall wing for downforce yet.

This is EXACTLY what every car I've ever built in GT / Forza becomes once I fill it with mods /engine swaps. A completely useless tire-burner in all gears. That being said, I want to drive it. I'm guessing it wouldn't take more than a few minutes in the car to put it into a wall.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Needs more widebody

CorelDRAW McGraw
Oct 12, 2014

Yeah, some flares would help immensely.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

If we camber the poo poo out of the tires we can make it unwieldy even at no speed!

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
It has the aerodynamic profile of a brick. It needs all that power just to get up to 150mph

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

The Midniter posted:

It is such a drat shame when novelty handcuffs break before you even get to use them in an amorous setting.

Luckily a set of real-deal metal ones is less than $13 on Amazon, so I'll be getting them Thursday. :getin:

Careful. They can leave some nasty bruises that are hard to explain.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

goatse guy posted:

Careful. They can leave some nasty bruises that are hard to explain.

Sound advice! Never even thought of that.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I still have my original aol address that lil babby fucknag made in 1996. :corsair:

It's pure inertia at this point, just can't be assed to pick a memorable address on gmail or whatever.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Man, Aramark's WebTMA asset management program sucks, it is the slowest responding piece of poo poo. Click the edit button, wait 5 seconds for it to even notice, and another 10-20 seconds for it to update the page so you can edit. Then saving your edit takes another 30 seconds, as does switching to the next asset task.

So what should be a 20 second process at most takes the better part of 2 minutes. gently caress you, Aramark.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Terrible Robot posted:

Man, Aramark's WebTMA asset management program sucks, it is the slowest responding piece of poo poo. Click the edit button, wait 5 seconds for it to even notice, and another 10-20 seconds for it to update the page so you can edit. Then saving your edit takes another 30 seconds, as does switching to the next asset task.

So what should be a 20 second process at most takes the better part of 2 minutes. gently caress you, Aramark.

My guess is each select/update is locking. Welcome to Babbys first Web Applet. The local hospital has an apostrophe in the name, so I get receipts which have \\\' in them. In 2014. Guess COBOL has finally given its way to PHP3. :gonk:

Fucknag posted:

I still have my original aol address that lil babby fucknag made in 1996. :corsair:

You are far too late to get a good name on DaGoog, now. I still remember my prodigy logins. :corsair:

Alighieri posted:

Was able to grab first.last@gmail.com for myself. Lots of people seem to add that . when entering form information since apparently I am a UVA grad with a child failing school in Arkansas as well as a West Virginia school of engineering bachelors. Also my two weddings were great and the offer on my three houses were accepted, rejected, accepted.

There was an interesting story about root@hotmail.com being had by a free account, so they had to setup crontabs on every machine with an environmental variable. Now that I typed that, I want to punch myself in the face, too.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 21, 2014

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Fucknag posted:

It's pure inertia at this point, just can't be assed to pick a memorable address on gmail or whatever.

Was able to grab first.last@gmail.com for myself. Lots of people seem to add that . when entering form information since apparently I am a UVA grad with a child failing school in Arkansas as well as a West Virginia school of engineering bachelors. Also my two weddings were great and the offer on my three houses were accepted, rejected, accepted.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Alighieri posted:

The . should be ignored, IIRC it is supposed to be exactly the same as firstlast@gmail.com

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Yay another sinus infection. third one in a year, what the hell.

Good news is, hydraulic pump is working perfectly, and I caught it before it migrated to the lungs.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Pham Nuwen posted:

The . should be ignored, IIRC it is supposed to be exactly the same as firstlast@gmail.com

I bet it's for somebody like an "Alex Smith" who didn't get firstlast or first.last (or, as you said, f.i.r.s.t.last because the . doesn't matter) and instead had to put a number or letter in there that gets his email entered incorrectly by HR or something. alexssmith vs alexsmith vs alexsmith87 vs alexsmith88, etc. I got lucky and got my first.last, but my name is not too common, so I've never gotten spam like that. My friend who also got first.last has an fairly common name, though, so I wonder if get gets junk like that.

cursedshitbox posted:

Yay another sinus infection. third one in a year, what the hell.

Good news is, hydraulic pump is working perfectly, and I caught it before it migrated to the lungs.
The way this is written, I'm not entirely sure whether you're talking about your car, or your face. Sinus -> Air filter, lungs -> turbo, infection -> dust storm? Or hydraulic pump -> neti pot?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Geirskogul posted:

The way this is written, I'm not entirely sure whether you're talking about your car, or your face. Sinus -> Air filter, lungs -> turbo, infection -> dust storm? Or hydraulic pump -> neti pot?

His cars often give him infections.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Fucknag posted:

I still have my original hotmail account, also dated 1996. I didn't log in for over three months back around 2002, and they kept my account for me but deleted everything. I had some cool forwards, man.

I wish yahoo hadn't bought rocketmail, I loving loved my rocketmail account.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Pham Nuwen posted:

:spergin: I don't remember this being part of any RFC. The . is only used as a denotation of the end of mail marker if it is ^\.$, and nothing is stated about it in names, only domains (postdating UUCP bullshit)

E: I miss my metacrawler address. It worked up until like 2 years ago if you followed the SMTP servers upstream to the web interface. :smith:

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 21, 2014

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Tires were looking a little low on the zx2. Turns out they were all at 20psi and under when they should be about 35psi, and one of them was so low the stick-type pressure gauge with the plastic bit that pops out the end wouldn't even move when I tried to check it. Maybe thats why it was so loud on the highway when I drove it home. :shepface:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goddamn I love PB Blaster. Had to break loose a bunch of giant rear end 15/16 and 1-1/16 bolts that hold the piping to our main well, and they were rusted on solid. Liberal application of PB Blaster and brute force with a big rear end ratchet managed to solve that problem at least :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I used to be the world's biggest adherent of PB blaster but I've had a few jobs now where I've gotten Deep Creep to foam up just right and it soaks in without dripping out everywhere.

Now I buy both at the store, but I tend to use a lot more PB than Seafoam DC.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 21, 2014

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Hey. Huge nerds. Buy my Science Fair X in one collection. Kastein, Motronic, you can do a bidding war, I don't mind. I really want that drat Sonett.

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Tires were looking a little low on the zx2. Turns out they were all at 20psi and under when they should be about 35psi, and one of them was so low the stick-type pressure gauge with the plastic bit that pops out the end wouldn't even move when I tried to check it. Maybe thats why it was so loud on the highway when I drove it home. :shepface:

20psi low is common for a ZX2. You can do mad burnouts in first gear. Then, when you nearly get to 10mph, you get second and it just draaaags.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Viggen posted:

You are far too late to get a good name on DaGoog, now. I still remember my prodigy logins. :corsair:

I still remember my Prodigy login from way back in 1992, when we first got online. Dad dropped like $3000 on a 486DX with a whopping 1mb of ram and a 120mb hard drive, borrowed a 2400 baud external modem from work, and had us online 22 years ago. The only thing I remember doing online at that point was playing Where In The World Is Carmen San Diego. I had (and still have) the original Broderbund game, but I liked the additional difficulty the online version provided.

My parents ISP history goes something like:

Prodigy -> Compuserve -> AOL -> Mindspring/Earthlink (first DSL connection)-> BellSouth/AT&T U-verse, which is what they have now.

Gotta go meet tonight with my friend whose wedding I'm officiating this weekend. We've been friends for about 20 years now and I'm super excited to do the honors, so to speak.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Viggen posted:

:spergin: I don't remember this being part of any RFC. The . is only used as a denotation of the end of mail marker if it is ^\.$, and nothing is stated about it in names, only domains (postdating UUCP bullshit)

E: I miss my metacrawler address. It worked up until like 2 years ago if you followed the SMTP servers upstream to the web interface. :smith:

Maybe I'm remembering backwards, and the . is supposed to be allowed but Google used to have some issue with it, meaning john.doe and johndoe would sometimes get each other's mail or some poo poo.

I definitely remember there being A Thing about periods in the local part of email addresses.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Viggen posted:

Hey. Huge nerds. Buy my Science Fair X in one collection. Kastein, Motronic, you can do a bidding war, I don't mind. I really want that drat Sonett.

ahahaha man I haven't seen one of those since I was like 11. Sadly I have absolutely no need for such a thing.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Pham Nuwen posted:

Maybe I'm remembering backwards, and the . is supposed to be allowed but Google used to have some issue with it, meaning john.doe and johndoe would sometimes get each other's mail or some poo poo.

I definitely remember there being A Thing about periods in the local part of email addresses.

Beats the hell out of me. I've had a period in my username on gmail since at least 2008. Never had an issue.

kastein posted:

ahahaha man I haven't seen one of those since I was like 11. Sadly I have absolutely no need for such a thing.

They've been, uh, likely difficult to obtain since then. Have kids. :colbert:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I was on CompuServe from 90-94. In retrospect it was hella expensive for its time. Fortunately the software let you cache things like forums messages and emails.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Viggen posted:

Good to have ya back! :glomp:

I'm totally gonna buy this '85 Celica GT-S because life is not fun without TERRIBLE DECISIONS.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Viggen posted:

They've been, uh, likely difficult to obtain since then. Have kids. :colbert:

Got any daughters you're looking to marry off? :colbert:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Rhyno posted:

I'm totally gonna buy this '85 Celica GT-S because life is not fun without TERRIBLE DECISIONS.

Get a 1st gen Celica RA28 instead because holy poo poo those things are sexy as hell.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Rhyno posted:

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DOITDOITDOIT

Then you would have the best trim level for the last year of RWD and I have the best trim level for the first year of FWD.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Just ordered a 1 year subscription to Asimovs Science Fiction because why the hell not, please send me a magazine of science fiction stories every month.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Terrible Robot posted:

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DOITDOITDOIT

Then you would have the best trim level for the last year of RWD and I have the best trim level for the first year of FWD.

Son of a bitch ain't answering my emails or texts.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

You're supposed to be able to just add a . anywhere in the Gmail username portion and have it still work. However, I've got first.last@gmail.com and someone else either must have registered firstlast@gmail.com or just doesn't realize they don't own it - because I occasionally get emails meant for someone who is very much not me, living in another state :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

From more than a few pages back:

Measly Twerp posted:

Didn't know internet jukeboxes existed :( I'd definitely put this on though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V18SztTlxpQ

Was... was that a German re-imagining of Queen's One Vision from Iron Eagle?

(I love the constant drumbeats.)

Oh, wow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7muCRio2nQ

Mosh pits: They're fun, but I fear for my glasses. Got caught in one at Ozfest in Frisco years ago. Fortunately I'm a big enough guy that I can bash my way through. It was a chance to let loose the side of me that just wants to wreck stuff. :)

• Locked thread