Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

An intelligent gorilla?

Hey! He's a super-intelligent, psychic gorilla! And he's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Kin posted:

...meaning he cant just walk up to some super strong dude and punch him a few thousand times.

Flash should get a knife.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kin posted:

By limiting him to 700MPH and giving him limits like low glucose levels i suppose.

During the multiplex megafight you saw him knocking guys out of his way, but he wasn't really flicking them through the air Matrix reloaded style. So, while he might have been holding back to not turn them into mush, it could also be that while he's fast due to mcguffin, he doesn't have the super force/strength that would follow that (again due to mcguffin) meaning he cant just walk up to some super strong dude and punch him a few thousand times.

To be honest, it would be quite good for a series of episodes that pretty much spell out his powers and limitations so that it gets rid of any "well he could just whip up a tornado" issues.

He actually did launch a couple of them like 10 feet into the air.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aphrodite posted:

Having him name the villains is a great idea, because then all the dumb ones make sense.

I hope they do a bit where the villian finds out about their dumb nickname and it makes them rage into even greater villainous acts.

"Seriously? Captain Cold? Is this a joke? FINE I WILL NOW FREEZE THE WORLDS OCEANS :doom:"

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I was disappointed when he did that superspeed emotional :goonsay: reveal to Iris but not a hair on her head was disturbed by his running around.

:argh:

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Drifter posted:

I was disappointed when he did that superspeed emotional :goonsay: reveal to Iris but not a hair on her head was disturbed by his running around.

:argh:

Given that he can't move faster than the speed of sound at the moment, I figured it was just a mental representation of how he wanted to express himself. *sperg* Otherwise when he's all angsty about a girl he can essentially stop time.

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, but I think Blackgate and Iron Heights are just regular prisons. For, like, non-superpowered villains like Penguin.

From what I remember in the comics Iron Heights is normals up top, hilariously grim medieval super-Gitmo below. It was introduced relatively recently (as in this millennium) as your standard unbreakable prison, then installed a revolving door after its first story.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

devoir posted:

Given that he can't move faster than the speed of sound at the moment, I figured it was just a mental representation of how he wanted to express himself. *sperg* Otherwise when he's all angsty about a girl he can essentially stop time.

Yeah it was all in his head imagining how he would do it. I thought that was really obvious?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Didn't Barry just visit his dad in iron heights?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

greatn posted:

Didn't Barry just visit his dad in iron heights?

Yes. It's in Keystone city. Where that is in relation to everything else is a mystery. Except that it's east of Starling City.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Phylodox posted:

Yes. It's in Keystone city. Where that is in relation to everything else is a mystery. Except that it's east of Starling City.

Close enough for 11 year old Barry to sneak out there I guess.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I don't know, which name is better? Captain Cold or Leonard Snart?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How about Ice Dagger, or Fane McFrost?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Chilly McFreeze?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Blast Hardfreeze!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Phylodox posted:

Has it ever been stated that iron heights is in a different city on the show? Because an early plotline of season 2 of arrow stated that the prison was damaged in Malcolm's earthquake, leading to a mass escape.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They got kind of stuck because they used the name early in Arrow, but now with The Flash they put it in Keystone which makes some of the travel to it in Arrow crazy.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mr Beens posted:

Yeah it was all in his head imagining how he would do it. I thought that was really obvious?

Great, now it's part Scrubs, too. :rolleyes:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ya know, after watching Justice League, I came to the conclusion that the Flash is a great character but the villains he faces are pretty dumb. Like, Captain Cold is the lamest of all the cold-themed villains (though it's good there are breadcrumbs for another). An intelligent gorilla? And then there's Captain Boomerang. Two captains! What the hell.

When Johns (iirc) rewrote some of the Rogues, he tried to make their powers make sense in the context of facing the Flash. In Cold's case, his gun didn't just fire cryonic chemicals like Freeze, it literally slowed the particles in the bath of its beam to a near stop.

Kin posted:

Isn't that going to be a problem in the show if all his enemies are now powered through Meta?

Basically, without anywhere to lock these guys up, they'll all have to be killed off as they appear.

edit: Or get away to come back in a later episode.

I believe one of the leaked photos of Captain Cold shows him holding some sort of gun so he may not be a Meta

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Drifter posted:

Great, now it's part Scrubs, too. :rolleyes:

Good :colbert:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Yannick_B posted:

As for Iris, I really like the actress and what's great about the character so far is that she's the only normal person in the show, not a superhero, scientist or a cop. I do hope they pull what was the big relationship bit of Iris & Barry to me: her knowing his secret ID WAY before he told her.

That would be awesome. Have her figure it out before the mid-season finale and then just spend the rest of the season alternately covering for him and loving with him. :laugh:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Flash should get a knife.

Wells could help him out with that!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ya know, after watching Justice League, I came to the conclusion that the Flash is a great character but the villains he faces are pretty dumb. Like, Captain Cold is the lamest of all the cold-themed villains (though it's good there are breadcrumbs for another). An intelligent gorilla? And then there's Captain Boomerang. Two captains! What the hell.

What kinda works about the Rogues is that they banter with each other, and it feels like they're a bunch of Teamsters out for a night bitching about the boss, and also they're supervillains.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Was kind of hoping Multiplex would've escaped at the end by either:

a) creating clones to lower himself to the ground

or

b) just create a big ol' pile of clones on the ground to land on.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
I was honestly happy to see him die, if for no other reason than my disliking the actor they cast for him. He was really wooden, and looked kind of inbred.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Davros1 posted:

or

You watch too much Naruto

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

hiddenriverninja posted:

You watch too much Naruto

Never even seen one second of Naruto, I can proudly say.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davros1 posted:

or

IMO, since he can transmit thoughts and commands to his duplicates, he can probably transmit his entire consciousness to at least one of them. Otoh, someone might've found one of the duplicates and figures out how to replicate it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Crossposting from the Arrow thread because it's regarding the big crossover and therefore relevant:

Scyantific posted:

http://screenrant.com/flash-arrow-tv-show-crossover-fight/

Here's some insight into the big crossover from the actors themselves. Really interesting how they're doing the fighting between Barry and Oliver and how they're having to adapt to each show's filming style.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

They're running ads on Reddit. Should bring some new viewers since they show up even with my Adblock:

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I finally watched the second episode after kind of falling asleep and missing the tag at the end of the first episode so the very end of episode two where Harrison gets out of the chair was a huge HOLY poo poo moment for me and I'm loving digging this show now.

I know almost nothing about The Flash and never really cared much for him but this show is making me change my mind real fast.

EDIT: Although I do know enough to have gotten a big nerd boner on seeing the busted cage with the "GRODD" sign.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Stunt Rock posted:

I finally watched the second episode after kind of falling asleep and missing the tag at the end of the first episode so the very end of episode two where Harrison gets out of the chair was a huge HOLY poo poo moment for me and I'm loving digging this show now.

It's kind of obvious that they repeated a lot of plot points from the first episode for new viewers.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Second episodes are almost always a network-mandated repeat (rehash if you're unkind) of the pilot's themes and tone.

While there were some promising moments last episode, things don't really get a chance to kick off until tonight's episode.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Zaggitz posted:

Don't watch Smallville. Unless it's this video, then definitely watch Smallvile.

Hahaha, did the actor really refuse to wear the S, or did they just decide to CG it for some insane reason?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
In today's news-that-surprises-no-one, the Flash gets a full season order.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dexo posted:

Hahaha, did the actor really refuse to wear the S, or did they just decide to CG it for some insane reason?

Tom Welling for some reason said he would never wear the costume.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

Probably didn't want the Reeve comparisons.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Spergatory posted:

In today's news-that-surprises-no-one, the Flash gets a full season order.

Awesome.

muscles like this? posted:

In a pre-X-men movie world, superhero media was generally terrible and one didn't want to be permanently associated with it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Maybe he believed in the Superman curse. Or maybe he was just a whiny dude that just didn't want to put on tights because he thought he was above it for some strange reason. The fact that he didn't even do it for the finale leads me to believe it was the latter.

zoux posted:

In a pre-X-men movie world, superhero media was generally terrible and one didn't want to be permanently associated with it.

Well none of Smallville took place in a Pre-X-Men Movie world so that probably wasn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Deadpool posted:

Maybe he believed in the Superman curse. Or maybe he was just a whiny dude that just didn't want to put on tights because he thought he was above it for some strange reason.

I am going with this, as he was doing the role as the Superhero boom happened.

• Locked thread