Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

I am going with this, as he was doing the role as the Superhero boom happened.

The Superman I feel bad for is Routh. He's a good actor and the guy that got cast just a couple of years after him is set for loving life.

Also not this week but next week: Felicity and CC :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Routh's doing all right. He's in all kinds of stuff, most of it entertaining, and they still used his shadow for the Smallville s10 DVD cover.

Tom Welling is, ... Hoping they make Cheaper By The Dozen 3, I guess?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

The Superman I feel bad for is Routh. He's a good actor and the guy that got cast just a couple of years after him is set for loving life.

Also not this week but next week: Felicity and CC :eyepop:

Routh also seems like a good dude and he got stuck in a movie that had so much baggage that he was in a no win situation. The fact that it was so tied to the original two is a huge problem. Its a good movie but the fact its a love letter makes it a super flawed movie.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

zoux posted:

On the other hand, now he's Ray Palmer in the superior DC series. I think it kind of worked out for him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

On the other hand, now he's Ray Palmer in the superior DC series. I think it kind of worked out for him.

Cavill's going to make a billion loving dollars man. I'm glad that Routh is in one of my favorite shows and he's been killing it as Palmer but I imagine he'd probably like to be the face of the DC movie franchise.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Cavill's going to make a billion loving dollars man. I'm glad that Routh is in one of my favorite shows and he's been killing it as Palmer but I imagine he'd probably like to be the face of the DC movie franchise.

After all the pre-production-fuckery that went on to get Supreman Returns out the door, I'd imagine that he's probably glad to be out of that situation.

Plus it was a couple of years before Iron Man and any hint of shared studio/cinematic universes so who knew?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Routh was also in Chuck when the show was, I think, passable, but the writing for his character was pretty ho-hum.

I also don't know whether I'd be able to re-watch a show with Adam Baldwin in it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm not blaming him or anything and yeah it's a total hindsight thing but I wonder how many times Routh thinks "that lucky motherfucker..." whenever he sees the latest BvS leak.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Thwomp posted:

Plus it was a couple of years before Iron Man and any hint of shared studio/cinematic universes so who knew?

Interestingly, this is still a completely accurate sentence taken literally.

But I'm pretty sure it was closer to a decade between Superman Returns and Man of Steel.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It was exactly seven years.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Thwomp posted:

A heck of a lot of people must have worked on that film for the credits keep rolling for a couple of years.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Some Numbers posted:

Interestingly, this is still a completely accurate sentence taken literally.

But I'm pretty sure it was closer to a decade between Superman Returns and Man of Steel.

:confused: I was referring to the fact that no one had any inkling of the current 7-film deals for actors in big shared studio projects until 2008 with RDJ and Iron Man. Which was two years after Superman Returns came out.

And then another three years after that before work on Man of Steel started production.

Edit:

BSam posted:

A heck of a lot of people must have worked on that film for the credits keep rolling for a couple of years.

Singer joined the production in mid-2004 so add two more years.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 21, 2014

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
As someone who go only knows the DCU through the movies, Justice League cartoons, Teen Titans/YJ, and Arrow, how does Gorilla Grodd compare with Monsieur Mallah?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

As someone who go only knows the DCU through the movies, Justice League cartoons, Teen Titans/YJ, and Arrow, how does Gorilla Grodd compare with Monsieur Mallah?

Less French, less gay.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

More ruthless too?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Blue Devil movie reference again.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

How are you not fat?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Heh, museum.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Robbie Amell in credits so I guess he's showing up sooner rather than later.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nerd Squad crimefighters are the best.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I feel like I've waited for this day for centuries.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wells just waiting for people to call him out on being a time traveler.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Is everything out of Wells' mouth going to be a time or speed pun?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I know this is nitpicky, but Detective West does realize that he has to tell people where he plans to keep prisoners? And I don't think it lies within the authority of a policy detective to issue new prisons.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Grant Gustin is so tall. :allears:

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
The museum reference made me chuckle.

And I'm glad that they're addressing the obvious problem of, "Uh, metahumans are a new thing, we don't have anywhere that can really jail them.." Amusing that they noted the whole thing about killing everyone they've fought until now, too.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

BrianWilly posted:

Is everything out of Wells' mouth going to be a time or speed pun?

I wouldn't have it any other way :allears:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Ayyyy Robbie Amell

Oh man, I hope Stephen and Robbie end up fighting in the crossover

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hopefully they use Robbie Amell's character as the first superhero member of Team Flash

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I get a David Cross vibe from the guy who plays Cisco. I'm probably just weird.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Deadpool posted:

I feel like I've waited for this day for centuries.

Yyyyyup, something is going on there.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Revol posted:

Yyyyyup, something is going on there.

Who is the immortal DC villain? Savage something?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Heh, like fire and ice. Comic book references!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

XboxPants posted:

Who is the immortal DC villain? Savage something?

Vandal Savage. He's a caveman who found a magic meteorite which made him immortal.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

"Like fire and ice..." I really hope they end up doing something with Killer Frost.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Okay that fire and ice line was super hackneyed, but Gotham still surpasses hack lines.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
"How did someone else's DNA get inside the victim' lungs?"

Oh I can think of several ways.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
Well, that was cool as poo poo.

For some content, that whole scene was great. The walk and talk with the judge was really well shot.

Recursive fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 22, 2014

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I'm liking the science team backstory. It's cool seeing what happened that night from their perspective and it's making them a lot less two-dimensional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
He could be Professor Zoom who came back when Flash came back to stop his mothers murder from the future, and thus created a paradox. However, both were trapped here and Professor Zoom/Wells tried to use the particle accelerator to get back to the future and failed. That last shot in the pilot hints that future Flash didn't make it back too and he is out there somewhere as well.

• Locked thread