Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

poty posted:

and im a straight man
whats up girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

poty posted:

just thinking of him looking at me in the club and going whats up girl makes my knees go weak

same but because i have rickets

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

I didn't screenshot it but I just saw a girl on tinder who listed her BBM and I can't help but wonder who the gently caress is <24 with a blackberry even remotely ITYOOL 2014

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Grandmaster.flv posted:

I didn't screenshot it but I just saw a girl on tinder who listed her BBM and I can't help but wonder who the gently caress is <24 with a blackberry even remotely ITYOOL 2014

indians/indonesians, with family back home

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Grandmaster.flv posted:

its the hot new fetish that's sweeping the nation, along with retro-icq

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

mishaq posted:

I'm Indonesian and my cousins all have iPhones or those retarded 2 sim dumb phones. they're from the Indonesian equivalent of Cleveland. I'm sure the people in the sticks are all about bbm tho

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!
One of my friends started at a big law consultancy whatever firm recently and got issued a blackberry

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

graph posted:

does the passport deal coke

i don't think so tim

cammy14
Apr 5, 2011
Probably an iphone/android haver with the BBM app. I'm also Indonesian and some of my friends who've had blackberries for ~5 years and have switched are too used to using it as an IM client (iMessage in this country is unreliable at best)

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

mishaq posted:

this is all whatsapp now
they crushed the gently caress out of blackberrys market

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

what up indonesian yosposers :whatup:

im visiting in december for some scuba diving

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Grandmaster.flv posted:

I know a 25 year old woman who can't live without a hardware keyboard for some reason

she's odd in other ways too

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my gf is from jakarta and we are going there and to bali next summer

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
looks like they figured out supply and demand
http://business.financialpost.com/2...__lsa=fda5-e2d9

quote:

“I’m glad to have inventory issues. It shows that people want the phone,” said Chen, 59. “We took a very conservative approach and didn’t order too many.”

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Fib posted:

One of my friends started at a big law consultancy whatever firm recently and got issued a blackberry

one of my clients (the one with the big bby investor on the board) is trying to push for byod and BB10 blackberrys for there next round of deployments. apparently the last three years of using iphones were too problem free for them so they need to get serious phones for business™. i expect at least three months before their tools not toys start driving them up the wall with constant sync fuckups and reboots, just like they were before we pushed them to iPhone.

after the one board member basically accused me of lying to them i'm willing to say gently caress it and let them burn.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Here we go again. http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/blackberry-shares-jump-on-rumour-of-lenovo-takeover-1.2805978?cmp=rss&utm

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

holy lol. this is brilliant, they're probably doomed without the buyout but there's no loving way the provider of critical "secure" comms infrastructure for pretty much all of the canadian (and us) government will be sold to a chinese company.

i wonder how long before the harper government just gives up and makes bby a crown corp.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Canada laughs here indeed

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
lol, just loving lol

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

quote:

Under federal rules, any purchase of a Canadian asset worth more than $331 million is subject to approval by Ottawa under Industry Canada rules

liiitle bit longerr.... liiiiitle biiiit loooongerrrr......

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
saw a blackberry on the train this morning
dude was trying to browse the web on an old bold and it was pretty painful to watch

pagoe
Feb 19, 2013
“Bloggers and critics are whining about Snapchat not being natively available on the Passport while the global infrastructure of the Internet of Things is being built by BlackBerry for the imperative industries our world relies on daily”

:wtc:

David Garrison
October 13, 2014 at 12:50 am
"Good article. We, as a species, have become dumber. 99% are 99% because of a reason… they are sheep."

:wtc:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Fib posted:

must be a piece of poo poo firm.

my fiance works at a modern good law firm and they get 10% off apple products with their emp id at the store and also everyone even down to summer interns gets issued newest iphone (she just got an email to turn in her 5S to get a 6 yesterday).

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

infernal machines posted:

the provider of critical "secure" comms infrastructure for pretty much all of the canadian (and us) government
what is it they provide beyond the phones themselves? us gov't is moving towards apple anyways now that they meet industry standards

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

what is it they provide beyond the phones themselves? us gov't is moving towards apple anyways now that they meet industry standards

they handle all te infrastructure "securely" connects the phones to the government's servers as well. any phones managed through BES have all their data routed through bby's servers in both directions.

that's why something like 90% of the blackberrys in north america were down for almost a week a couple yeas ago when rim had the datacenter outage.

lenovo buying bby would mean that all this data would pass though their servers, and they hold the encryption keys.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

wasnt it rumoured that after the european blackberry infrastructure fell over they just left it all routing through north america because nobody really used the things anyway and all the people who knew how to fail everything back across had bailed years previously?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

wasnt it rumoured that after the european blackberry infrastructure fell over they just left it all routing through north america because nobody really used the things anyway and all the people who knew how to fail everything back across had bailed years previously?

Yes. Ask anyone in Waterloo and they will tell you that's where the European and Asia Pacific "NOC" is. When you start the hemorrhage money, it's easier to just host everything in one datacenter.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Bonzo posted:

Yes. Ask anyone in Waterloo and they will tell you that's where the European and Asia Pacific "NOC" is. When you start the hemorrhage money, it's easier to just host everything in one datacenter.

it's fairly interesting to know that you can take out mobile communications for half the western world's civilian governments with a single building in a lovely little canadian university town.

aaaand now i'm on a list somewhere...

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

must be a piece of poo poo firm.

my fiance works at a modern good law firm and they get 10% off apple products with their emp id at the store and also everyone even down to summer interns gets issued newest iphone (she just got an email to turn in her 5S to get a 6 yesterday).

my work discount is 10% off Apple products retail price which includes 12% GST but charges the tax on top anyways making things actually 2% more expensive

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

how is it terrorism if he shot a soldier and we're literally at war now?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

PleasureKevin posted:

:confused:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

PleasureKevin posted:

keep ur pleasure promises kevin

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

gimme smth blackberry related to make up for this

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
But none of this changes one fact: The Passport is big. Super big. So big that I could show it to my kids’ friends and convince most of them that it is some sort of Cro-Magnon relic from the 1990s. My iPhone often ended up in a shirt pocket. But that feels awkward with the Passport. In fact, there are a few shirts I own that actually do not permit this without busting the pocket stitching. When I asked my wife to try it with some of her blouses, she couldn’t get the Passport to fit in any of them. Even in my pants, the Passport was an awkward fit. It really only makes sense in a jacket, briefcase or purse. So to state the obvious: This business-oriented phone is hardly the ideal phone for, say, the beach or hiking trail.

This may explain the intensely gendered response I got to my Passport when I was seen using it in public places like Starbucks, McDonalds, Taco Del Mar or office-building elevators. Over the last month, numerous strangers have approached me to ask about the device. They are always men. The women I’ve shown the Passport to — including female colleagues, my wife and her friends — seem vaguely horrified by the thing. Even with two hands, the Passport feels like something that fell off the bottom of an old fridge. I assure them that they’d get used to it in a few days, if they give it a chance. But the starkly boxy aesthetics scare them off.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

theadder posted:

gimme smth blackberry related to make up for this

apple sold more ipods than blackberry sold phones in each company's most recent quarter.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

harper is determined to repeat all the key neo-conservative mistakes the U.S. has made over the past decades, as quickly as possible.

build more prisons, then fill them using mandatory minimum sentences for drugs.

climate denial.

xenophobia and bullying immigrants.

saying the country is a christian nation under the queen of england lmfao.

now going to war in iraq.

he neurotically mimics and strokes old power structures at any opportunity. he's a power-hungry contrarian. you can't have a conscience to know factually the USA policies have been apocalyptic and try repeat them anyway for pathocratic reasons.

he literally takes every play out of the GOP handbook. maybe i'm naive but i've never seen anything like him in canada, not in politics or my social life. he's the one-man NRA, israel-lobby, bill kristol, etc of canada.

this event is so predictable, and so is his response, and whatever PATRIOT act he'll introduce. even if it looks bad on him right now because he started this with ISIL, it still sickens me to know he wanted this and loves it.

RIP soldier guy, we failed you :canada:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

PleasureKevin posted:

someone in d&d was saying it was a justified and proportional response lmbo

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Luigi Thirty posted:

someone in d&d was saying it was a justified and proportional response lmbo

someone will defend this

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ahmeni posted:

This may explain the intensely gendered response I got to my Passport when I was seen using it in public places like Starbucks, McDonalds, Taco Del Mar or office-building elevators. Over the last month, numerous strangers have approached me to ask about the device. They are always men. The women I’ve shown the Passport to — including female colleagues, my wife and her friends — seem vaguely horrified by the thing. Even with two hands, the Passport feels like something that fell off the bottom of an old fridge. I assure them that they’d get used to it in a few days, if they give it a chance. But the starkly boxy aesthetics scare them off.

this makes me almost want a passport. hell, give me one with big boxy buttons that look like they came off a vcr. that would be fun. for a while, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
well the shooter was born in canada so it's domestic terrorism

• Locked thread