Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

You call THAT a gravity falls anime!???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2-g5Cc_0KE

(from alex's twitter, no less)

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Chexoid posted:

This is a pro click. Holy poo poo is this a pro click.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SHE IS MY WAIFU!!!!!!!!

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I hope whoever made that makes another with Stan as Old Joseph. It's too perfect to pass up. OH NO!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Chexoid posted:

Read the name of the video. My eyes kept going down, kinda in shock, and I saw that amazing thumbnail and I clicked it and oh my god

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
They never "You are already dead"-d, so thumbs down.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Geirskogul posted:

They never "You are already dead"-d, so thumbs down.

Wrong anime. Though Fist of the North Shack would be good to watch.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Chexoid posted:

Mabel as Dipper's stand, my god.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TwoPair posted:

Wrong anime. Though Fist of the North Shack would be good to watch.

"You don't know it yet, but you're already dancing to Icelandic pop group Babba's hit song Disco Girl."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Potentially huge spoilers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlcmYwT3uD0

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Soos' license plate is clearly the most important thing.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
The new theory is that the big now-original theory for who wrote the journals is wrong. Dipper will reach that conclusion in the first half of the episode, and then realize that it's wrong (possibly without finding the original author) at the end.

So, basically, if Old Man McGucket is actually the author as this trailer states pretty much outright, Disney has no qualms about what they put in trailers and that production leak from ages ago is real. But if someone else, like Stanley Pines, is actually the author, it was all a long con by Alex Hirsch. This trailer and that production leak were meant to mislead us. :tinfoil:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
If Simpsons is anything to go by, Waddles wrote it

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

pksage posted:

So, basically, if Old Man McGucket is actually the author as this trailer states pretty much outright, Disney has no qualms about what they put in trailers and that production leak from ages ago is real. But if someone else, like Stanley Pines, is actually the author, it was all a long con by Alex Hirsch. This trailer and that production leak were meant to mislead us. :tinfoil:
I'm sorry to be that guy, but could you please explain to me where in the trailer it's stated outright? Because I didn't catch it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dipper has a line that's half bleeped out that ends with "wrote the journal?" Listen to it again.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Some Numbers posted:

Dipper has a line that's half bleeped out that ends with "wrote the journal?" Listen to it again.

Yep, that's what I had in mind. Each syllable is there, and several of the phonemes are more or less intact. With the care given to the rest of the trailer (like the hidden messages in the "artifacting"), it's clearly intentional.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
It must be hard for a one-eyed pyramid man to wink suggestively.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

pksage posted:

The new theory is that the big now-original theory for who wrote the journals is wrong. Dipper will reach that conclusion in the first half of the episode, and then realize that it's wrong (possibly without finding the original author) at the end.

Since there are multiple journals, can't there be multiple authors?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The three journals are designed and bound like volumes from a set, not like unrelated books.

There's also the fact that each volume had a piece of the blueprint for the device in the bunker below the Shack. Seems odd for three different authors to have a piece of a blueprint and put it in their book.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Also, later journals have things like the Bill entry, where the author corrects an earlier thing and admits to being wrong.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Also, later journals have things like the Bill entry, where the author corrects an earlier thing and admits to being wrong.

Looking at Journal 3, at least, it's possible there was a previous owner before Dipper and after the writer since there's a number of section in red ink as addendums or edits to the text in black ink and the handwriting is different.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oh, certainly that's possible. I'm just thinking about the difference between journal 2 and 3 on that guy.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Teach kids about information freedom by having Dipper scan and transcribe the journal's contents and upload it to the internet so no one can just take it from him again.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Bill, I will not draw you like one of my french girls.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

PassTheRemote posted:

Bill, I will not draw you like one of my french girls.

"Why not, you did it for that hack Dennis Leary"

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Light Gun Man posted:

Teach kids about information freedom by having Dipper scan and transcribe the journal's contents and upload it to the internet so no one can just take it from him again.

There's actually a pretty good reason why this wouldn't work - some of the messages are coded into the paper itself. There was a large blacklight annotation section we saw at the beginning of this season, and who knows how much more information was hidden in them, and how.

I mean, maybe there's something you only know if you overlay five consecutive pages and shine a light through the embedded wires to project it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Glazius posted:

There's actually a pretty good reason why this wouldn't work - some of the messages are coded into the paper itself. There was a large blacklight annotation section we saw at the beginning of this season, and who knows how much more information was hidden in them, and how.

I mean, maybe there's something you only know if you overlay five consecutive pages and shine a light through the embedded wires to project it.

Having access to some of the info is better than losing it all. :colbert:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Glazius posted:

Huh...can camera's record otherwise invisible ink when a blacklight is being shined on it? Serious question.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Season 3, Dipper uploads the journal to SA to get goon backup decrypting it. Goons proceed to make dickbutt photoshops.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Light Gun Man posted:

Season 3, Dipper uploads the journal to SA to get goon backup decrypting it. Goons proceed to make dickbutt photoshops.

Ragnarok happens because goons get caught up in a derail argument about the author's possible sexism.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Light Gun Man posted:

It turns out Bill Cipher was actually Dickbutt the whole time!

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
New episode tonight! Last chance to guess who the real author is before the show doesn't tell us!

It was Mabel. It was Mabel all along. Anything to keep her insane little brother happy.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

don Jaime posted:

New episode tonight! Last chance to guess who the real author is before the show doesn't tell us!

obviously it was time baby

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It was Dipper, living out an endless groundhog summer

heytallman
Aug 30, 2013

Is not actually tall.
It was Old Man McGucket. What, you were expecting something original here? Shame on you.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tunicate posted:

It was Dipper, living out an endless groundhog summer

Toby Determined: "It's a DOOOZY!"

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
It was pizza T-shirt guy. THINK ABOUT IT! :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010