Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I have three or four of those 25,000 unlock skills, mostly on weaksauce weapons, and I'm dying to know what all of them do!

I'm almost positive that it's always Evil's Bane. You need to unlock the one on the Master Sword before the rest can be done, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

I'm almost positive that it's always Evil's Bane. You need to unlock the one on the Master Sword before the rest can be done, though.

Yeah they all just set the damage of whatever weapon they are on to the max 500. Not very interesting or necessary to grind for. I haven't even bothered trying to unlock the Master Sword one.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, Volga's level 3 weapon is seriously an easy quest. Slaughter time fun time!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah they all just set the damage of whatever weapon they are on to the max 500. Not very interesting or necessary to grind for. I haven't even bothered trying to unlock the Master Sword one.

That's terribly boring, especially since at the time you're going to be earning them, there's not a lot left to do.

I always put whatever I have of EXP +, Rupees +, Materials +, Slots + and a VS ability when I unlock level 3s, which I suppose is not the wisest choice, but it sort of works for me.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Man, Volga's level 3 weapon is seriously an easy quest. Slaughter time fun time!

Wizzro's level 3 is even easier than Volga's, and is probably the easiest in the entire game. It's a "rack up KO's" quest.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Wait, the max is 500? When I heard the Legendary skill boosts your weapon strength by 300 I had hoped you could have weapons with a total strength of 720. But then again I gave up on unlocking Evil's Bane like 3000 kills in because Sword Link is the most boring Link so I guess it doesn't matter to me either way.

Bicyclops posted:

That's terribly boring, especially since at the time you're going to be earning them, there's not a lot left to do.

There's Hero Mode, because Koei loves putting in difficulties designed for 100% maxed out characters. Kinda wish there was a difficulty between Hard and Hero because the gap between the two is huge.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
The way I see it, Evil's Bane only exists so you could (theoretically) use any level of weapon as an end-game weapon. So if you really like the level 1 version of Link's basic sword you can go stick Evil's Bane on that to make it viable at max level in Hero Mode or whatever.

Though I also don't have it yet, so I don't know for sure the effects! But it's something like that, right?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

Wait, the max is 500? When I heard the Legendary skill boosts your weapon strength by 300 I had hoped you could have weapons with a total strength of 720. But then again I gave up on unlocking Evil's Bane like 3000 kills in because Sword Link is the most boring Link so I guess it doesn't matter to me either way.

Don't listen to me I haven't actually gotten any of them. All I know is they all boost the damage higher.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

"You need to unlock the power of Evil's Bane before KOs count towards this" requirement the Master Sword has, doubt it's the same skill as Evil's Bane though.

It is and isn't. Evil's Bane sets the Master Sword to base attack of 500. The skill unlocked via this is called 'Legendary'. It sets a weapon to 300 baseline. Stars on a weapon increase the damage further, so the max a normal weapon can get is something like 450 base. Only a weapon of that quality probably has decent skills too-unlike the Master Sword. Still, also consider how long you've had the Master Sword as the primary beatstick of DOOM.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 21, 2014

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Bicyclops posted:

I really hope they start clarifying information about the Amiibos soon. There was a lot of talk awhile back how they'll require you to erase the save data from one game to interact with another, that the Smash Brothers data takes up so much space it can't store anything else, yadda yadda, and if that is true it will be bad, because I want my Nintendo friend to come along with me on a journey in all the games, not just one.

This is literally the first time I've heard of this.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Bloodly posted:

It is and isn't. Evil's Bane sets the Master Sword to base attack of 500. The skill unlocked via this is called 'Legendary'. It sets a weapon to 300 baseline. Stars on a weapon increase the damage further, so the max a normal weapon can get is something like 450 base. Only a weapon of that quality probably has decent skills too-unlike the Master Sword. Still, also consider how long you've had the Master Sword as the primary beatstick of DOOM.

I think you're still likely to only use rank 3 weapons because I'm pretty sure rank 1 and 2 weapons can only have so many slots.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I'm speaking of hearsay. If I were to guess, I imagine 'Legendary' can only spawn on the higher weapons ANYWAY.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Bloodly posted:

I'm speaking of hearsay. If I were to guess, I imagine 'Legendary' can only spawn on the higher weapons ANYWAY.

Nope. I've got like 4 LV1's with the drat thing on it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bloodly posted:

Nope. I got it on Tier 1 and 2 weapons.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

a cartoon duck posted:

There's Hero Mode, because Koei loves putting in difficulties designed for 100% maxed out characters. Kinda wish there was a difficulty between Hard and Hero because the gap between the two is huge.

100% maxed out characters to do Hero mode... And literally no incentive to actually do it. I mean, you get what for doing Hero mode? An achievement? Oh boy, an achievement!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Finally got a hookshot :woop:

Link's second 8-bit weapon is A candle on a stick :haw:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Alright I'm doing square B2 now, the 'Roayalty Quiz'. Who are you supposed to kill for the 3rd one? Who is the 'Royal Commander'? I'm guessing Zelda, but really I have no idea. :mad:

This mission sucks.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

Alright I'm doing square B2 now, the 'Roayalty Quiz'. Who are you supposed to kill for the 3rd one? Who is the 'Royal Commander'? I'm guessing Zelda, but really I have no idea. :mad:

This mission sucks.

Well if it's not Zelda it's the other one...

(It's Impa as established in Legend mode)

I did Wizzro's level 3 today. That was insane. 2500 KOs is my most ever, even for a rack up stage.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

That's the second of the two fights. It ask who the servant of the royal family is, and between Impa and Agitha, it's definitely Impa.

The third one is asking who the Royal Commander is. The choices are Zelda and Darunia.

edit: I suspect the correct answer is "what the gently caress, neither".

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The only quiz question that has ever gotten a chuckle out of me was "Defeat the passionate brother!" in a keep with Darunia and Ruto. :allears:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I dunno, I thought the "Defeat the Twilight Princess" one between Midna and Zelda was a nice nod to when Midna called Zelda that after Hyrule Castle got twilightified.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

THE loving MOON posted:

That's the second of the two fights. It ask who the servant of the royal family is, and between Impa and Agitha, it's definitely Impa.

The third one is asking who the Royal Commander is. The choices are Zelda and Darunia.

It's Zelda.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

It's Zelda.

The answer is still neither, but yup looks like that's what the games looking for. I just gambled on it and oh holy poo poo I somehow got an A-rank with 9,000 damage. Now I can get Links lv 3 great fairy, goody. :neckbeard:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

My favourite one was "Defeat the monster summoner" with the choice between Cia and Lana. Right after I first unlocked the summoning gate.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

The answer is still neither, but yup looks like that's what the games looking for. I just gambled on it and oh holy poo poo I somehow got an A-rank with 9,000 damage. Now I can get Links lv 3 great fairy, goody. :neckbeard:

Zelda is the commander in the same way that the president is the commander in chief. Except Zelda hits the field and shows everyone why she's in charge while presidents usually don't.

Late in legend mode the game also talks about her being the leader of the combined forces.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Suaimhneas posted:

My favourite one was "Defeat the monster summoner" with the choice between Cia and Lana. Right after I first unlocked the summoning gate.

lol that one got me too. I guess they forgot to clarify it as 'no-good, very bad monster summoner'.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm having a lot of trouble playing several characters well--Sheik, rapier Zelda, Ruto, and Fi to start with. Others, like Ganondorf with just the first weapon he gets, or Darunia, I just go Murder Time Fun Time all over the battlefields.

Seems I can only play strong stupid slow characters :downs:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I'm having a lot of trouble playing several characters well--Sheik, rapier Zelda, Ruto, and Fi to start with. Others, like Ganondorf with just the first weapon he gets, or Darunia, I just go Murder Time Fun Time all over the battlefields.

Seems I can only play strong stupid slow characters :downs:

Here is how to play Sheik:

Do her XY attack. Press Y to charge her invincible super shield. Now do her XXXXXY combo and press Y to fully charge your super meter. Now kill everything, cycling those two songs as needed.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

THE loving MOON posted:

I like the "Who summons monsters, Cia or Lana?" quiz.

One does in the story, the other has a weapon that does so, guess which one they mean!

Edit: Refresh pages before posting.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

ImpAtom posted:

Here is how to play Sheik:

Do her XY attack. Press Y to charge her invincible super shield. Now do her XXXXXY combo and press Y to fully charge your super meter. Now kill everything, cycling those two songs as needed.

Wait, the last song charges up your super meter? I... have some silver medals that need replacing.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Regy Rusty posted:

I did Wizzro's level 3 today. That was insane. 2500 KOs is my most ever, even for a rack up stage.

I just did that mission, I managed to get 3100 KOs and the "Defeat 500 enemies while in focus spirit" medal. Super fun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KingEffingFrost posted:

Wait, the last song charges up your super meter? I... have some silver medals that need replacing.

Yep. The song effect creates a yellow square on the ground. As long as you're standing in it you'll regenerate super bar.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

KingEffingFrost posted:

Yeah, the golden square of cardboard she throws down after Light-powered Y song is not only for breaking sweet moves but also to charge her Special bar. Only when you're in it, obviously.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
The move is kinda necessary for playing her, really. She doesn't have much in the way of good screen clearers, so taking keeps is a pain until you realize that you're supposed to be using specials judiciously as Sheik. Spam that poo poo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Just a heads up for anyone who doesn't know: TRU is giving people a free Amiibo with copies of Smash U, so if you wanna get in on that deal you'll probably have to move quickly before all the Links are gone.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Playing this game and I have realized something:

Of all the licenses that get Musou games made about them, why the gently caress has nobody made a Warhammer 40k one? I mean, seriously, what franchise would be BETTER suited to it than friggin' Warhammer, which literally is all about giant hulking tank men slaughtering hordes of enemies single-handed?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Of all the licenses that get Musou games made about them, why the gently caress has nobody made a Warhammer 40k one? I mean, seriously, what franchise would be BETTER suited to it than friggin' Warhammer, which literally is all about giant hulking tank men slaughtering hordes of enemies single-handed?

Cuz it's not japanese

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

My favorite quiz is "Who has blue hair."

Spawns Lana and Wizzro

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Cuz GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Cuz it's not japanese

It's entirely this. Same reason why Mike, from Star Tropics, is not in smash bros, despite being an NES all-star.

• Locked thread