Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Look at this loving big drat hero here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Wow, hour long Shitstorm! Makes this Monday better.

Rule of Rose is a game I'd like to see finished so I can see their reactions, but I absolutely do not fault them for just having a taste seeing as how the gameplay is so insufferable.

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.

Compendium posted:

Wow, hour long Shitstorm! Makes this Monday better.

Rule of Rose is a game I'd like to see finished so I can see their reactions, but I absolutely do not fault them for just having a taste seeing as how the gameplay is so insufferable.

It's one of those games actively hampered by the combat, much like in recent memory; Murdered: Soul Suspect. I hate that developers (or publishers) feel that every game has to have some sort of combat gameplay to sell.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rueish posted:

It's one of those games actively hampered by the combat, much like in recent memory; Murdered: Soul Suspect. I hate that developers (or publishers) feel that every game has to have some sort of combat gameplay to sell.

...but if there's no combat, it's a non-game, like that horrible Gone Home thing.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It would still have puzzles and that's enough to make it a game I think. (I've never figured out how to get into your fathers locked drawer in gone home :()

I've really enjoyed the rule of rose videos. That game is just really creepy and interesting. I hope you guys finish it tomorrow but if not I guess there has to be someone with an LP.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

cmykjester posted:

I guess there has to be someone with an LP.

Niggurath made one, it's pretty good and in-depth. Definitely check it out if you're interested in this game.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ugh phone posting and college Internet. And thanks I'll check that lp out after the next video.

Also does anyone else jump at that stinger at the end of the videos? Fucker gets me every time.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
Watching the new Bestfriendvania, Matt I would love to see you and Liam go through either Sin & Punishment game. I absolutely love that series and you talking about it especially made me perk up.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Too bad the coop in S&P is pretty lame

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

straight jerkers posted:

Too bad the coop in S&P is pretty lame

They should play off the same controller, to make it more interesting

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

S&P2 is amazing though and it'd be cool to see them play it. Maybe the most Treasure™ game ever.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Rueish posted:

For me, there's nothing in Murdered: Soul Suspect that works. Rule of Rose has a really strong atmosphere and story despite the gameplay. Soul Suspect is just really dull and incredibly by the numbers for a murder mystery story despite the supernatural twist on it.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

straight jerkers posted:

S&P2 is amazing though and it'd be cool to see them play it. Maybe the most Treasure™ game ever.

I would love to do S&P2. Love it so hard. One of my favorite games from last generation. An actual LP would be kinda tricky, cuz you can never not be thinking about what you're doing.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

I would love to do S&P2. Love it so hard. One of my favorite games from last generation. An actual LP would be kinda tricky, cuz you can never not be thinking about what you're doing.

You could always have the other knuckleheads around cutting up and yammering to the mic and poo poo talking while you concentrate. Y'know i'm not sure if that'd be better or worse for your concentration.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is unfortunate that there is no new friendcast yet so my work hours go by faster.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z87-AYIvrw

You rang?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thank you, based Woolie.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Beef Waifu posted:

It is unfortunate that there is no new friendcast yet so my work hours go by faster.

Wasn't up before I left for work this morning. Guess I'll just sit here and listen to wizard rap.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I find it funny how they think the vergil sorcerer things are dudes, ain't ever seen a dude with dem curves.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 22, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think that's the first true Dark Souls moment for Woolie, when he killed himself with the fire ox.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nalesh posted:

I find it funny how they think the vergil sorcerer things are dudes, ain't ever seen a dude with dem curves.

You need to hang out with cuter boys.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tae posted:

I think that's the first true Dark Souls moment for Woolie, when he killed himself with the fire ox.

So what you're saying is that the true Dark Souls begins here?

...I'm not sorry. :colbert:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

So what you're saying is that the true Dark Souls begins here?

...I'm not sorry. :colbert:

im sure your parent are tho

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hey Matt I just finished the non dlc parts of the MGR playthrough and I gotta ask, what parts of the game did you two go in blind for? It seems like a lot of it if not all you knew beforehand, while pat seemed to be genuinely surprised at a lot of syltuff, or at least played dumb really well while you nudged him towards secrets and stuff.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm gonna miss Rule of Rose, it's such a good game. Watching it after a first playthrough makes everything so much better (plus you don't have to get through the crappy combat), especially all the foreshadowing and early hints.
Speaking of which, I do like all the speculation the two threw around, and I love it when a game makes you WANT to speculate. They actually guessed a couple things right too.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

HGH posted:

I'm gonna miss Rule of Rose, it's such a good game. Watching it after a first playthrough makes everything so much better (plus you don't have to get through the crappy combat), especially all the foreshadowing and early hints.
Speaking of which, I do like all the speculation the two threw around, and I love it when a game makes you WANT to speculate. They actually guessed a couple things right too.

:ssh:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
My heroes. :allears:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Man, the Guacamelee playthrough just got twice as good. It's just too bad they didn't realize the newest feature in Super Turbo Championship edition was specifically added to facilitate coop, and that's that you can switch worlds only for your character so as to not bother the other player. Liam even does it a bunch without noticing.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Captain Invictus posted:

Hey Matt I just finished the non dlc parts of the MGR playthrough and I gotta ask, what parts of the game did you two go in blind for? It seems like a lot of it if not all you knew beforehand, while pat seemed to be genuinely surprised at a lot of syltuff, or at least played dumb really well while you nudged him towards secrets and stuff.

The first hour or two is blind. That's it. To the average person, the rest might sound like we didn't know what was going on, but now when I listen back to it, it all sounds so painfully obvious.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I figured as much. When you guys were just shooting the poo poo over the Denver stuff I had a feeling you were kinda going through the motions(also Pat just absentmindedly flipping into the customize menu and buying exactly what he needed). :v:

I would love to see you guys just, like, blind play something you're really hyped for. It's too late for Bayo 2 of course, but it'd be interesting to see you learn a game you've really been looking forward to. Or you could try like Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus do, where Chip knows the ins and outs of the game, and Ironicus hasn't seen anything about the game and is just there to have his mind constantly blown by it.

Granted you might've done this before and I just haven't seen it because I'm still slowly making my way through your back catalog(and getting further behind since you put out so much stuff every day/week)

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Captain Invictus posted:

Or you could try like Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus do, where Chip knows the ins and outs of the game, and Ironicus hasn't seen anything about the game and is just there to have his mind constantly blown by it.

The thing with Chip specifically is he puts in an insane amount of effort practicing, doing multiple takes that he'll edit in periodically, and showing off all the secrets and lesser known stuff, so as a result they only release 1-2 videos a week, if that. Though you're right that the "one is familiar with the material, one is new to it" formula is solid.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Man when Matt started going on about Skeleton Warriors it was nagging me in the back of my mind that that concept was familiar to me. Now that I watched the video with him and Woolie playing that ps1, I finally realized that I watched the poo poo out of that show when I was a kid.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TriffTshngo posted:

The thing with Chip specifically is he puts in an insane amount of effort practicing, doing multiple takes that he'll edit in periodically, and showing off all the secrets and lesser known stuff, so as a result they only release 1-2 videos a week, if that. Though you're right that the "one is familiar with the material, one is new to it" formula is solid.

Well I more meant like, "one guy actually knows how to play/has beaten it already while the other has no clue about anything".

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Woolie's Japan antics and Matt's JOKAH! have me interested in checking out Kamen Rider. Where do I start?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Well I more meant like, "one guy actually knows how to play/has beaten it already while the other has no clue about anything".

See: Geop+Vicas' Jolly Co-operation LP of Dark Souls.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Woolie's Japan antics and Matt's JOKAH! have me interested in checking out Kamen Rider. Where do I start?

Kamen Rider W. It's one of the best, and it's where JOKAH is from, too.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
THE HYPEST KILLER ROBOT SIMULATOR ON YOUTUBE

FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/shitstorm-3-shittribution-five-nights-freddies/

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I still need to play this game, in part because I live pretty close to a Freddy's Frozen Custard and every time I hear about this game I imagine a survival horror game set in a lovely fast-food-and-custard diner.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man this is so loving good, 25 minutes in and it's just amazing :allears:

Make Woolie and Liam give it a try too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

That game is the worst case of a game being shocking, not scary. It's literally nothing but you trying to stop jump scares.