Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

Verdugo posted:

If only Valve wasn't so big, our death threat would have been OK!

Blacklist the poo poo out of these guys, holy crap. I want Gabe to publicly post something cliche like "You'll never work in this town again!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Too bad I already sold my PA cards... I helped them get like $.04

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Valve just need to quit being such pre madonnas, tbh. :v:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

al-azad posted:

Blacklist the poo poo out of these guys, holy crap. I want Gabe to publicly post something cliche like "You'll never work in this town again!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgoDvnebHRw

Or similarly, Gabe stares a PC screen with the dev's profile and twitter posts thoughtfully, stands up and strolls over to his windows and gazes out at his empire before hitting a button to call in his fixers and says "This....murderbeck. Destroy him."

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Valve should create like 3 or 4 companies to compete with them! Grrrrr monopolies

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Wow, that Legend of Korra game looks brutally hard. No wonder the game is getting Godhand style reviews.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Ekster posted:

Don't spoil your kid or he'll make death threats at a succesful billionaire he's almost completely dependant on for any sort of success in his line of work.

Spare the Steam. Spoil the Child.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Hey look, F.E.A.R. Online launched today. Just in time for :spooky:Halloween:spooky:

quote:

Sadly, it's ruined by pay-to-win weapons. A real shame. Maybe this will get better over time, but right now, give it a miss.

quote:

I went in here with high expectations giving the F.E.A.R title was dissapointed with final outcome feels like a janky pay2win rip off game definatley not worth installing

quote:

There is no permanent way to buy a character (that I saw) only rentals. Meaning you have to keep paying for the enhancements your used to as each character has a different number of enhancements available. The crafting system looks lackluster at best, and at worst appears designed to draw you into buying resource packs.

Nothing says spooky like gear rentals and cash for guns! Gonna put this on the list for tonight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

al-azad posted:

Ever heard "The best revenge is living well"?

Gaben got his revenge a long, long, loooong time ago.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah he's really living large.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Tezzeract posted:

Wow, that Legend of Korra game looks brutally hard. No wonder the game is getting Godhand style reviews.

The difference is that Godhand was actually a good game buried beneath a few poor decisions and an unfriendly, non-polished presentation that reviewers didn't like, where Korra is not a good game at all. Being difficult has very little to do with how badly it's reviewing.

It's a licensed game that isn't Lego though so I mean what were you expecting

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat I love Godhand.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Babe Magnet posted:

The difference is that Godhand was actually a good game buried beneath a few poor decisions and an unfriendly, non-polished presentation that reviewers didn't like, where Korra is not a good game at all. Being difficult has very little to do with how badly it's reviewing.

I wanted Anime Alien: Isolation Revengeance.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Maybe it'll be like the show and be terrible for a long time, and then when it finally starts showing some ounce of quality it'll be taken off of Steam and then disappear forever.

Inevitablelongshot
Mar 26, 2010

Valve was founded in 1996 which is totally post-Madonna. Dude needs to get his pop culture facts right

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
They should be happy Gabe's not breaking out the knives.

postin on page 420 :420:

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Tezzeract posted:

Babe Magnet posted:

The only thing making it hard is health-sponge enemies and weird tells for attacks. And the camera. gently caress that camera. Most dangerous enemy in the game.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Gabe Newell Must Die.

Orv
May 4, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Gabe Newell Must Die.

He does bare a striking resemblance to an orc.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Orv posted:

He does bare a striking resemblance to an orc.
Gabe Newell with a Nemesis system.

Strengths:
Owns a completed copy of HL3. If you kill him it's lost forever.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lemon Curdistan posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433980119/announcements/detail/221000653392938218 :psyduck:

Payday 2 is promoting Keanu Reeves' new action flick with a free new character (Keanu Reeves' character) + skill tree. I can't decide if that's the more shocking news or if it's the fact that said film is actually reviewing well and contains the 100% unironic line "they killed his dog, and now he's out for revenge." :psyduck:

Didn't they say last year that they were working on a a lady heister character? Whatever happened with that? Is this going to come out before that? (I assign no moral imperative to this issue, I just thought she looked cool)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Didn't they say last year that they were working on a a lady heister character? Whatever happened with that? Is this going to come out before that? (I assign no moral imperative to this issue, I just thought she looked cool)

Still happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We6Lhu11ZmM

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Is Gods Will Be Watching worth a look at $5?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ArfJason posted:

Gabe Newell Must Die.
Nice destroying your posting career in the Steam thread.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Dreamfall Chapters first episode just released. It would be great to hear some impressions.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Palpek posted:

Dreamfall Chapters first episode just released. It would be great to hear some impressions.

Dammit, now I've got no excuse to put off going back to play Dreamfall past that awful stealth puzzle :sigh:.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is Gods Will Be Watching worth a look at $5?

I enjoyed the music, graphics, and presentation of the game along with the "universe" it builds, but the puzzles can be quite challenging with random chance bullshit factoring in. This wouldn't be a problem except you cant really save in the middle of a level; when you die you start from the beginning.

If you don't mind those negatives and want to enjoy a cool, atmospheric scifi game, I say its worth your $5.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Palpek posted:

Really frickin' great, if they keep up the quality it could easily surpass TLJ and it defintiely rivals Telltale's output (I think it surpasses TWAU and TWD Season 2 already). It's also pretty lengthy if you just take your time and explore, took me about six hours or so.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Apparently the Steamworks Partner site added an Emergency Red Phone in case of fire, flood, or the Early Access banner taking longer than usual to get removed from your game after you released on a weekend:

(Not my shot)

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Croccers posted:

Gabe Newell with a Nemesis system.

Strengths:
Owns a completed copy of HL3. If you kill him it's lost forever.

Yeah, well that nemesis system is a bitch for that guy, isn't it?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Kins posted:

Apparently the Steamworks Partner site added an Emergency Red Phone in case of fire, flood, or the Early Access banner taking longer than usual to get removed from your game after you released on a weekend:

(Not my shot)

Hahahahahahaha oh amazing.

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011
Gabe Newell Must Die(t).

Seriously, I'm worried about his health.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Which Payday 2 DLCs should I buy while they're on sale?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Jesus, that was quick! Five Nights at Freddy's 2 is on Steam Greenlight and is practically guaranteed a quick and painless path through.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Drunk Tomato posted:

Which Payday 2 DLCs should I buy while they're on sale?

The Gage Mod Pack is the only real must-have. Get any of the others if the weapons appeal to you as they all range from good to great, and remember that you don't need a DLC map pack to join a DLC map game, only to start one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Kins posted:

Jesus, that was quick! Five Nights at Freddy's 2 is on Steam Greenlight and is practically guaranteed a quick and painless path through.

Management spends all that money on new animatronics, and security gets their doors taken away. Typical :rolleyes:.

You just know there's going to be one of those things that won't fall for the fake Freddy Fazbear head.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Payday 2 is promoting Keanu Reeves' new action flick with a free new character (Keanu Reeves' character) + skill tree. I can't decide if that's the more shocking news or if it's the fact that said film is actually reviewing well and contains the 100% unironic line "they killed his dog, and now he's out for revenge." :psyduck:
Wait, they killed his dog? Man, I gotta see Keanu get his revenge.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If the game doesn't end with a big throw down between these guys and the old ones I'll be disappointed.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

http://store.steampowered.com/app/281690/

This just came out, and it's from platinum. Anyone has any info on how it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Reviews are very bad, people on the WEB say it's okay but don't expect much

• Locked thread