Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pon de Bundy posted:

Bad bowlcut boiz

please this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/blog/16466905/metallica-performing-live-at-blizzcon%C2%AE-2014-10-21-2014

wow valve when are we gonna get this kind of attention

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

REO Speedwagon to play at dreamhack.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

http://youtu.be/dC35wa8ypNg

Smol fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 21, 2014

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Metallica will only be playing cuts from ST ANGER

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

mcvey posted:

was watching the st anger music video after seeing the article lmao. even as a 12 year old who had just purchased the album i was appalled at the horrible decisions they let their mixing engineer use on the drums, that trash can sound.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
Valve will just hire Darude for a gig, all he will do is press play on a 24 hour loop

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

mcvey posted:

Dreamhack Winter Sponsored By Apples iPhone 6 - Featuring a Special Appearance by U2

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
p happy that Valve finally stepped in and said that VAC banned players cant play for their qualifier to DHW. hope lots of other tourneys take that rule as standard. ultimate schadenfreude to see banned pros like robiin crying on hltv about how it's unfair and how hes put in 3000 hours since then

lmaowned

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Jeza posted:

p happy that Valve finally stepped in and said that VAC banned players cant play for their qualifier to DHW. hope lots of other tourneys take that rule as standard. ultimate schadenfreude to see banned pros like robiin crying on hltv about how it's unfair and how hes put in 3000 hours since then

lmaowned

I'm not sure it was Valve that made the ruling? The article says how there was debate about VACbanned players in a Valve funded tournament, but not that Valve said "hey nope." I think it's more likely the Dreamhack organizers said "nu uh."

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Coleman posted:

I'm not sure it was Valve that made the ruling? The article says how there was debate about VACbanned players in a Valve funded tournament, but not that Valve said "hey nope." I think it's more likely the Dreamhack organizers said "nu uh."

hmmm. I didnt read it all that closely, I just inferred because it makes sense. DH has never prevented VAC banned players in any previous incarnation, nor has any other major tourney. I just felt the heavy hand of gaben on this one.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

was watching the st anger music video after seeing the article lmao. even as a 12 year old who had just purchased the album i was appalled at the horrible decisions they let their mixing engineer use on the drums, that trash can sound.

FRANTIC TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK

:suicide:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

The incredibly heavy hand of GabeN

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

its more like a manatee's flipper

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Jeza posted:

hmmm. I didnt read it all that closely, I just inferred because it makes sense. DH has never prevented VAC banned players in any previous incarnation, nor has any other major tourney. I just felt the heavy hand of gaben on this one.
Yeah but between FODDER, emilios ban live on stream and everything else, there's been increased chatter, for lack of a better word, about VAC and cheating. So Dreamhack might've decided to make a stand.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

true fact. Im happy either way. the bad old days of "online irrelevant, only LAN matters" should hopefully fade a bit. probably a few less of these german teams qualifying for LAN in amazing form, crushing all opponents, then getting wrecked by same opponents on LAN

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Jeza posted:

quote:

DreamHack indicated that all CS:GO VAC-banned players were never supposed to be allowed to be involved in any team in the first place, but the organizers of the qualifier, FACEIT, weren't aware of the fact due to miscommunication.

thats from the article.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Awesome Welles posted:

its more like a manatee's flipper

Oh the huge manatee flipper

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Stop being mean to Santa :(

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Just got autokicked from the game for purposefully TKing an rear end in a top hat in game who as abusive on mic. Essentially just asking people why they got up in the morning to play this game and berating them endlessly with a horrible voice.

What the gently caress is wrong with people? Competitive mode is never a good time, cuz half the time, some rear end in a top hat kid needs you to be "AT MY LEVEL MAN"

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Penpal posted:

Just got autokicked from the game for purposefully TKing an rear end in a top hat in game who as abusive on mic. Essentially just asking people why they got up in the morning to play this game and berating them endlessly with a horrible voice.

What the gently caress is wrong with people? Competitive mode is never a good time, cuz half the time, some rear end in a top hat kid needs you to be "AT MY LEVEL MAN"

So instead of just muting him you decided to escalate it even further, good job.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Penpal posted:

purposefully TKing

What the gently caress is wrong with people?

lol

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Anytime you feel the urge to purposely team kill someone in a video game for whatever reason, ask yourself the question whether you would do it in real life, and then don't follow through with your desires because the answer is probably still the same you sick gently caress.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

pandaK posted:

Anytime you feel the urge to purposely team kill someone in a video game for whatever reason, ask yourself the question whether you would do it in real life, and then don't follow through with your desires because the answer is probably still the same you sick gently caress.

What if he's about to steal your F/A-18

I mean that's YOUR F/A-18

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
lol If you don't TK someone who is defusing so you can defuse and get that sweet MVP star.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
once again, from reddit, how to retake B on dust2:
http://gfycat.com/HonorableLegitimateGibbon

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Cole man posted:

What if he's about to steal your F/A-18

I mean that's YOUR F/A-18

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
Am I the only one that Mirage is completely unplayable on Goonmans only? I mean by the later rounds 10-45 fps when I start at consistent 200+

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

once again, from reddit, how to retake B on dust2:
http://gfycat.com/HonorableLegitimateGibbon

id rather smoke tunnels

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

it's like a rave that only invited thin males and thick females

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

A few years old, but finally a place to post this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odVbjYeeCiU

Edit: The "snare" is actually a metal folding chair.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right

mythadile posted:

Am I the only one that Mirage is completely unplayable on Goonmans only? I mean by the later rounds 10-45 fps when I start at consistent 200+

I've only done a few goonmans but the other day on Dust2 was the first time I experienced that framerate issue. Usually running a pretty solid 300fps... by the middle of the match I was in that 20-40 range any time other players got on screen. God forbid anyone started shooting. Never have had any issue like that in MM or on any other 128tick community or ESEA servers. Something with the plugin I guess.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Can someone explain why this game is so bad? My friend recorded these last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1uvYe7KQKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ9w6bHk1w4

:wtf:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Akumos posted:

Can someone explain why this game is so bad? My friend recorded these last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1uvYe7KQKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ9w6bHk1w4

:wtf:

if that first video is from a 16 tick mm demo your friend is a loving moron. the second one is because the head hit boxes are slightly smaller than the model which means you can shoot through the very top of a head and the stupid mushroom hat.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol i just watched more of the first move. runnig and shooting isnt helping hit people either

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

The Flying Fish posted:

if that first video is from a 16 tick mm demo your friend is a loving moron. the second one is because the head hit boxes are slightly smaller than the model which means you can shoot through the very top of a head and the stupid mushroom hat.

Is your skull the shape of a mushroom hat/helmet???

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[starts shooting while rapidly strafing side to side, you can visibly see the bullets hitting the walls wildly] WHY ARENT MY BULLETS HITTING??? GAME IS BROKEN

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Spudd posted:

Is your skull the shape of a mushroom hat/helmet???

no which is why its dumb to complain that it doesnt hit, the mushroom hat is still stupid

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

woodch posted:

A few years old, but finally a place to post this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odVbjYeeCiU

Edit: The "snare" is actually a metal folding chair.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

• Locked thread