Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
acksplode
May 17, 2004

Reverse Centaur posted:

I would go as far as to say the TLOU MP DLC is lovely and not worth buying at all. It just spreads out your points allotment.

Look at this scrub who's don't know what an Enforcer is. Who's gonna wonder how I downed him from across the map with 4 shots from a goddamn pistol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
The only DLC I got for TLoU on PS4 was more maps. What is wrong with that?

I wasn't a fan of the MP in general, I liked Gears of War a lot more, but when I played with a bunch of goons, it sure was enjoyable and satisfying using voice comms and set classes/healers/supporters.

edit; I see it is about buying guns and poo poo. Well, that doesn't stop something like

and dominating the score charts.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 22, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Reverse Centaur posted:

I would go as far as to say the TLOU MP DLC is lovely and not worth buying at all. It just spreads out your points allotment.

Haha, this is the craziest loving post.

Anyways, The Enforcer is amazing, and worth the price (especially silenced), perks like Agility and Bomb Expert are also worth the price. The scoped weapons can be skipped, I'd say, but I hear the Variable Rifle is pretty popular these days.

You can probably score most of that stuff for less than $15 total, and it all adds to the experience if you're dedicated to the MP. I got most of it with the season pass, but I probably would've bought it all regardless.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
If anyone wanted to hear John Cena perform Dylan Thomas, you just got your wish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFmvelEjtKU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Wait, are goons trying to suggest if you don't buy the DLC MP addon weapons you are a scrub?

I mean, I guess if you are dedicated enough to the MP the extra weapons are probably more fun, but nothing worth investing over. Unless I am missing something huge?

I got the Plat and had no issue loving up people in mp. It is mostly communication, not any sort of shiny weapon you spend real life money on.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Scyron posted:

Wait, are goons trying to suggest if you don't buy the DLC MP addon weapons you are a scrub?

I mean, I guess if you are dedicated enough to the MP the extra weapons are probably more fun, but nothing worth investing over. Unless I am missing something huge?

I got the Plat and had no issue loving up people in mp. It is mostly communication, not any sort of shiny weapon you spend real life money on.

Literally nobody is saying that. The DLC adds fun and variety to what I consider the best MP experience out there. Trust me, though, I've destroyed many a pubbie using a Revolver as my primary weapon.

edit; you may be an internet scrub if you get sensitive over sarcastic comments though.:clint:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Oct 22, 2014

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

a shameful boehner posted:

I've literally never played an Assassin's Creed

Me neither but I grabbed the pirate one on a whim when I picked up my TLOU version PS4 and it's a lot of fun, but it's been usurped by Shadow of Mordor. The boat poo poo is worth the price of admission alone.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Scyron posted:

If you don't buy all the DLC weapons I will personally come to your middle school and pants you in front of all your friends

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

MrLonghair posted:

So is Omega Quintet (demo up, PS+ exclusive I think), until you figure out the combat system which is great, totally what Compile Heart should be doing - building systems and selling them to people who can make better games. I'd buy it just for the combat system if I wasn't busy with everything else and awaiting GTA5.
If that's true and it's actually fun I hope IFI localizes it, I can't read moon.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It's done it, I hate you Diablo 3. Every single sudden controller vibration throws me into fight or flight mode. I keep thinking a demon is starting to invade. :smith:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Playing a monk is worst for that since every skill seems to vibrate the controller. I've developed a Pavlovian response to horns and vibrations as well. :(

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

People play Diablo with the sound on? You don't just like, listen to a podcast or something?

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
How else am I supposed to know when to cower in dread when the loving nemesis is inbound?

Also, who says I can't do both?

Also also, I must hear the din of battle and carnage.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
So has anyone grabbed Shadow Warrior? It's on PSN now. I've heard great things about it, but I wonder how well the controls translated from PC to the consoles.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I played Diablo 3 last night for the first time in about a month and the RNG was in a good mood. I got a Helm that multiplies the effect of any socketed gems by 96%. I stuck a Royal Diamond in it for around 23.5% cooldown reduction on my Crusader.

Then I got two seperate drops of Cuisses of Akkhan but I can't tell which one is better. I have enough set items now that I could really really use a Ring of Royal Grandeur, but the game never wants to drop one for me.

Does anyone know how the access the new Greater Rifts they have added?

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Unless it turns out to be amazing I'm probably going to skip Lords of the Fallen. What with Bloodborne coming out in Feb and I've yet to play the DS2 DLC.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SKYMALL SCRILLA posted:

People play Diablo with the sound on? You don't just like, listen to a podcast or something?

D3 has awesome satisfying combat sounds. The game isn't the same without them. It turns into a weird trancelike rhythm for me.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does the player character in Lords of the Fallen smolder with generic rage? That's very important to me in video games.
Pretty much. He also has a Dark Past to atone for. You can tell how Dark it is because it's written all over his face (literally!).

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."

Taratang posted:

Pretty much. He also has a Dark Past to atone for. You can tell how Dark it is because it's written all over his face (literally!).

Guessing a murdered wife? Family? Tribe? Dog?

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
He murdered mankind. Now he must fight the legions of the dead (by his hand) to unmurder them.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Leyburn posted:

I played Diablo 3 last night for the first time in about a month and the RNG was in a good mood. I got a Helm that multiplies the effect of any socketed gems by 96%. I stuck a Royal Diamond in it for around 23.5% cooldown reduction on my Crusader.

Then I got two seperate drops of Cuisses of Akkhan but I can't tell which one is better. I have enough set items now that I could really really use a Ring of Royal Grandeur, but the game never wants to drop one for me.

Does anyone know how the access the new Greater Rifts they have added?

RORG only drops from ACTI horadric caches, which you get for completely all the bounties in ACT1 and then talking to angel-dude. Start one difficulty above the one you usually play on, swap it back before starting a bounty, and then right before you finish the last bounty crank it up to two above; that apparently gives you a higher chance to get legendary drops.

Greater Rift keys drop from normal Rift Guardians. You'll use one, then fight a bunch of monsters in waves until you die, and then you'll get a numbered Grift key. That number is the level of the grift, which is outside the normal difficulty levels. If you finish the Grift in 15 minutes or less, you'll get the opportunity to either (a) get a key for a higher level grift or (b) upgrade your legendary gems (that only drop from grift guardians). The higher level the gem, the great grift level it requires you to finish in order to upgrade it. The whole thing sounds grindy as gently caress but it's a lot of fun, especially with a bunch of people.

There's a Diablo console thread buried in the Blizzard forum. The wife and I are playing on a regular basis, if you ever want to join in (NotECEC on PSN).

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Knightmare posted:

My PS4 wireless worked fine for about a month, but over the weekend my internet was acting up for a few hours (really slow, like 28.8k slow) and now the PS4 can't connect wirelessly anymore because of signal strength or something. Has anyone had this happen? I could wire it I guess but the wireless was fast and smooth before then.

Just over the past few days my wireless connection poo poo the bed. I had to switch to wired.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

jabro posted:

You'll lose Destiny in about a week.

This happened over a month ago.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

psychoJ posted:

So has anyone grabbed Shadow Warrior? It's on PSN now. I've heard great things about it, but I wonder how well the controls translated from PC to the consoles.

I've played it on PC with a controller. It's good.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
I kinda blame Destiny for this, but it turns out that my R3 button was never working since the beginning. :(

I never really noticed in Destiny since you barely press R3 in that game. I've always done the Fireteam stuff from the Options menu. Now I've just noticed it in FIFA 15, since it requires you to press R3 to access EA server stuff.

I contacted Sony support and it looks like they don't send you a prepaid label? It sucks to pay for shipping and be out of a controller for 2 weeks. Anyone else have similar issues?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
My ps4 keeps ejecting discs and refusing to take them. I've tried rebuilding the database and putting it on its side. What the poo poo is the deal

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

FishBulb posted:

My ps4 keeps ejecting discs and refusing to take them. I've tried rebuilding the database and putting it on its side. What the poo poo is the deal

Have you tried un/replugging it? That worked for me last time it did that and the steps you mentioned didn't work

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Fateo McMurray posted:

Have you tried un/replugging it? That worked for me last time it did that and the steps you mentioned didn't work

Yeah I tried that too. It seems like the little rubber foot under the eject button is doing something, which if that's the case is some really boneheaded design nonsense.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FishBulb posted:

Yeah I tried that too. It seems like the little rubber foot under the eject button is doing something, which if that's the case is some really boneheaded design nonsense.

Here is some info on the "manual screw" fix that people had good luck with in the last PS4 thread.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Constellation I posted:

I contacted Sony support and it looks like they don't send you a prepaid label? It sucks to pay for shipping and be out of a controller for 2 weeks. Anyone else have similar issues?

That does suck. I've got a sticky R1 and the rubber is peeling off the left stick on the controller that came with my PS4, but I don't wanna be out of a controller anytime soon. Maybe I'll buy a new one, RMA the old one and then sell it off to someone.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Scyron posted:

The only DLC I got for TLoU on PS4 was more maps. What is wrong with that?

I wasn't a fan of the MP in general, I liked Gears of War a lot more, but when I played with a bunch of goons, it sure was enjoyable and satisfying using voice comms and set classes/healers/supporters.

edit; I see it is about buying guns and poo poo. Well, that doesn't stop something like

and dominating the score charts.

Get the Specter, Enforcer, and Damage Marker. Here's Specter domination.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=756356451090916&l=1735992270939061526

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
So I couldn't resist picking up Garden Warfare for 50% off. It seems like it's a fun little game, and my wife loved playing Plants vs Zombies a lot so the coop seems like a good fit for her.

I missed out on Outlast when it was free so I think I might pick that up next week or whenever it goes on sale.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
EDF4.1 will be February in Japan. January and February seem to be the months for a shitload of PS4 games.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nddF_E3c-BM

Looks like more colors, even gianter robots (that ants can climb on), the return of kaiju-type enemies, and dare I say a smoother frame rate?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 22, 2014

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Looks like more colors, even gianter robots (that ants can climb on), the return of kaiju-type enemies, and dare I say a smoother frame rate?

Boy, I hope so. Frame rate's the only thing I'm wondering about it and none of the crappy game journos who played it at TGS even mentioned it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Diablo 3 is fun but man even cranked up to Expert it gets really, really trivially easy. I'm near the end of Act 3 playing 2-player co-op and I feel pretty much unkillable; I know it gets way more challenging on the higher levels but I wish I didn't have to plow through 2 more acts to unlock them.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

goferchan posted:

Diablo 3 is fun but man even cranked up to Expert it gets really, really trivially easy. I'm near the end of Act 3 playing 2-player co-op and I feel pretty much unkillable; I know it gets way more challenging on the higher levels but I wish I didn't have to plow through 2 more acts to unlock them.

Yeah, I'm a total Diablo noob (never really played before). I had heard it was pretty easy so I put it on Expert at first as a lark, but poo poo dude is it still pretty easy. I've only died a few times so far and usually only then if I've gotten mobbed by a bunch of the special glowy enemies that hit a bit harder than usual. Even then, I've since wised up and haven't died in a while.

On the other hand, it's pretty satisfying to run up to a group of like 20-30 enemies and explode them all at once in a single AoE attack.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Shnakepup posted:

Yeah, I'm a total Diablo noob (never really played before). I had heard it was pretty easy so I put it on Expert at first as a lark, but poo poo dude is it still pretty easy. I've only died a few times so far and usually only then if I've gotten mobbed by a bunch of the special glowy enemies that hit a bit harder than usual. Even then, I've since wised up and haven't died in a while.

On the other hand, it's pretty satisfying to run up to a group of like 20-30 enemies and explode them all at once in a single AoE attack.

I think it's hard to gauge on classes. My crusader owns faces while my mage is running for the hills after fighting a few mobs.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shnakepup posted:

Yeah, I think Diablo 3's biggest problem is gating a lot of stuff that should be available at the start behind progression in the crappy story. At least once you've unlocked difficulties and Adventure mode with one character they're there for all characters (apart from Hardcore ones).

The difficulties are more like Very Easy - Easy - Normal - Hardish - Hard1.

Unless you're playing a Monk with all attack speed bonus skills, in which case it's Easy - Easy - Easy - Easy - Nor..hah, no Easy.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Shnakepup posted:

Hitting a nemesis at the wrong time can potentially cure this pretty fast. My first run through with the crusader, on my way to get master and beyond unlocked I was regularly zoning out on expert. Once in awhile though I would get into a decent elite fight, only to wander into a nemesis with his entourage and get splattered before I knew what even hit me. Back when seemingly half of my friends list was playing this, I ran into some nasty ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I am hoping against hope that Lords of the Fallen is worth a purchase. I don't expect them to equal Dark Souls, but I don't mind if in attempting to rip it off they create a similar game, as I need something to tide me over until Bloodborne.

• Locked thread