Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm reaaally tempted to go an max out Hawkeye now though. Speed shot is crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

skipdogg posted:

That's the truth. I have 43 roster spots and 28 of them are 3/4 star characters I'm holding on to trying to get covers.

I'm up to 47 roster spots and there are at least a half dozen characters I don't have any covers for. It's well past ridiculous.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

So, the person who's in first place in my pve group? Yeah, their highest level character is a 50 and everything else is 45 or below. How is that even possible?

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Oct 21, 2014

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Does he have the 3 star Cap needed for the essential nodes?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Regrettable posted:

So, the person who's in first place in my pve group? Yeah, their highest level character is a 50 and everything else is 45 or below. How is that even possible?

New players get really easy pve matches so they can just grind forever. They'll have it worse next go around though.

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

I'm finally starting to turn the 3* corner. My first 3* character I was able to get fully covered was (luckily) the Hulk. I currently have him at 4/5/4. It took me a lot of ignoring my other characters, but I dumped any and all ISO into leveling him and he is now finally 166. I find that it has made PvP much easier as I can now get into at least the top 100 of most events without a ton of effort, thus earning another 3* cover . I think most people tend to just hit the skip button when they see a level 166 Hulk. He is a total green making GBS threads machine and when I pair him with the likes of Daken, it proves to be a pretty good combination.

I also have a lvl 127 Psylocke at 5/2/3 hopefully eventually at 5/3/5, 121 Black Panther at 5/3/2, 104 Punisher at 5/1/3, and GSBW at 5/0/5. I mix and match those with OBW, Daken, MNMags, CStorm, Astonishing Wolverine, Thor, and Ares with good results. OBW + Ares was my go to combination for awhile.

My advice for newer players is find a good 2* combination that does good burst damage. Ares + OBW I found to be very good at that. Kill the enemy(ies) that had green powers first, and then Onslaught the poo poo out of the rest. It also proved pretty good as my defensive team when I stopped playing for the night.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I used to hate hulk until xforce came along and turned all those green tiles he shits out into a 8k nuke that gives me 16 green ap to xforce with

In theory I believe a 5/0/5 hulk is actually better than 5/3/5 because theres no chance he'll ever use his red and it keeps his health low enough to trigger angers more regularly

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

I use his red all the time with good results. I just have to make sure there are 10 or fewer green tiles on the board and if I have some green tiles saved up, I can easily 1 shot someone with 4k health.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I stay away from fully covered Hulks, and also from any Black Panthers that have all 3 colors covered. BP always seems to gently caress my world up.

I've been seeing a lot of Dino's in PVP, I don't think people understand that yeah he has a lot of health, but has almost no attack ability at low levels and few covers. Dino chomp doing 300 damage is nothing. Might take a minute to down him, but he's not scary

My PVP team tends to be Ares/Thor + AWolvie/Daken + OBW. I heavily favor Ares over Thor, and AWolvie over Daken (the red is brutal). Ares + Strike Tile generators + OBW extra hits usually makes quick work of the opposing team. I'm still in 2 star land though. Ares/Storm/CMags is a great offensive team, but poo poo for defense.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Marvel Puzzle Quest

What happens when you combine the match-three puzzles of Bejeweled with the colorful combat of Marvel superheroes? There are countless realities with different combinations of the two, but here and now, the best we’ve got is Marvel Puzzle Quest. Designer Casey Malone was giddy with excitement about the game’s one-year anniversary, particularly its events with fan-favorite characters Deadpool and Devil Dinosaur. Still, he somehow found the energy to answer our questionnaire.

The A.V. Club: If an alien species discovered your game as the only remnant of human civilization, what would they learn about us?

Casey Malone: Well, first they would learn that Earth was populated by colorful, fearsome warriors who loved to match three things together in order to fight their battles. They would also learn about whales if they unlocked Deadpool. Learn about the fearsome whales that ruled the land.

AVC: What wine pairs best with your game?

CM: I don’t know anything about wine. I like to have a nice Jarritos when I play, which is a Mexican soda. I like the mango. Not to harp too much on Deadpool, but I think that would go nicely with a chimichanga while you play.

AVC: What’s the weirdest idea that came up during production but didn’t ultimately make it into the game?

CM: Oh man, that’s a tough one because every time we have a weird idea that doesn’t make it into the game, we don’t throw it out. We go, “Maybe later, in the future.” Like, Deadpool is really weird, we had a lot of crazy ideas that we just couldn’t do because the game is multi-platform—PC, iOS, and Android. We wanted to have Deadpool, like, mess with your iOS notifications and make it look like he opened the App Store but he hadn’t, stuff like that where, unfortunately because we’re multi-platform, just didn’t work. We had a huge whiteboard of crazy Deadpool ideas.

AVC: If your game had a super-deluxe version that cost $1,000, what would be in the box?

CM: Devil Dinosaur. Like a mini actual living Devil Dinosaur. If I had to release a fantasy collector’s edition, it would come with like a My Pet Devil Dino who hung out with you. You have to train him, though. We can’t do everything for you.

AVC: If you had the power to add an extra button to the controller that served a single function specific to your game, what would it do?

CM: I would want it to insta-kill Bag-Man [a common Spider-Man variant]. Spider-Man Bag-Man’s up in a fight? Press it, and he goes away. He’s no one’s favorite, let me put it that way. He’s not great. We like all our characters, but he’s just as irritating as Spider-Man would be to hang out with in real life, I think. So that’s what the button would do, get rid of him.

AVC: If my resume included a whole summer spent just playing your game, how should I spin it as valuable experience?

CM: First of all, you would have experience managing or supervising a complex, diverse roster of employees, all of whom you needed to make sure got enough attention and got their time in the sun. I think you could really focus on your spatial relations skills, in terms of moving things around to match them with two other things.

http://www.avclub.com/article/new-york-comic-cons-games-teach-us-responsibility--210710

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Even the designer hates Bag-man

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011
If there's a spot in an alliance that is not too hardcore on having to have a high score in every event let me know. I am enjoying this game somewhat.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Yay! I guess.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, you get one of each? That's nice. Think I'm going to hit 365 some time next week.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Days 365-370 are good days for daily rewards

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I now have 5 yellow/5 black covers from tokens/events for the Hood. 0 blue... :what:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

SynthOrange posted:

I'm reaaally tempted to go an max out Hawkeye now though. Speed shot is crazy.
I've got both Black Widow Grey Suit and Magneto Marvel Now! in purple, so either one of those + Hawkeye + a tank like Dr Doom to keep Hawkeye safe = near-endless crits followed by wave after wave of speed shots. :getin:

the trade off is that I spend most of my ISO-8 on purple boosts.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I was absolutely destroying teams in Balance of Power with Storm/MNMags/Hawkeye I had optimal covers on each character and with blue/purple boost it was almost always over in 6 turns or so. Absolutely insane offensive combo. No defensive capability whatsoever though. I'm sure the shield hoppers used it to great effect.

Turn 1:Purple Match
Turn 2:Purple Match
Turn 3: Magneto create 2 (if lucky) blue match 5 combos, Speedshot activates twice, Storm throws down for massive AoE plus stun
Turn 4: Protect Purple tiles with whatever match (try to match blue, usually have at least 5 still)
Turn 5: Protect Purple tiles (again try to match blue if possible)
Turn 6: Speedshot finishes everyone off, if not hopefully you have another Storm Blue to finish them all off.

I was taking down Hulk/Jugg/Venom teams before they had a chance to do anything really.

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 22, 2014

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Never mind

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 24, 2014

Iceman2343
May 7, 2007

I'll take the Job.

I also applied to Wailing Fungus, I'm Iceman2343.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
Blade is coming for Halloween!

He's another character that goes crazy with strike and attack tiles, as if there wasn't enough of them. He steals AP too, so maybe he'll be the next go to support character everyone uses.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Cool another character that will require people to buy a slot and they will never use because the 3 star pool is so diluted now that the odds of fully covering a character without being a whale is essentially zero.

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe
Applied to wailing fungus, same username.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
GoonStyle has an opening. Sold my whole roster and uninstalled. Had fun with the game for almost a year but I was wasting too much time on it.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

gently caress it. I created an Alliance. Goonery because I'm lazy and uncreative.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 24, 2014

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011
I applied to your goonery as Lordy2

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

There's a space in TJCJR. We're poo poo and never get any good rewards, but it's a little bit of bonus ISO.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

The last PVE was terrible. Entirely too long for a low 40K point top reward. I was top 20 the first 4 days of the event, got the Red Cap cover and then couldn't really care any longer about a 2 star character I don't even need on my roster. Ended up #116 with 83K points (double the amount needed for the final progression reward). Top guy was well over 120K points.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

skipdogg posted:

The last PVE was terrible. Entirely too long for a low 40K point top reward. I was top 20 the first 4 days of the event, got the Red Cap cover and then couldn't really care any longer about a 2 star character I don't even need on my roster. Ended up #116 with 83K points (double the amount needed for the final progression reward). Top guy was well over 120K points.

I got second with 102k and I was only 500 points behind first. I really wanted that X-Force Wolverine.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I quit messing with the previous PVE event once I got my red lazycap because it seemed like a horrible grind just to get a 2-star cover, and of course now that char is required in an event for what looks like an actual good character. D3 are loving sadists, is what they are. <:mad:>

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

You can always drop :10bux: x 3 of real world money on a 10 cover pack and probably pull her :)

Iceman2343
May 7, 2007

I'll take the Job.

Regrettable posted:

gently caress it. I created an Alliance. Goonery because I'm lazy and uncreative.

I joined your alliance as Iceman2343. I bailed on Wailing Fungus as I was still pending after several days.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

skipdogg posted:

You can always drop :10bux: x 3 of real world money on a 10 cover pack and probably pull her :)

I pulled one of her on my first hunt token

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I played this when it first came out and spent some money and got some cool heroes. However I got bored with it and deleted it. Since then I have gotten. A warranty replacement for my old busted phone and we I downloaded this game last night all my poo poo was gone and I had to start over. Is this common? I already put a support ticket out but I know most F2P support is trash.

Before anyone asks I was on Android before and now. It wasn't an OS jump.

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011
The support for this is rather good. I first played this in December and had lost my save for steam sometimes between then and august. I didn't remember my account name or anything the only thing I could provide them with was the receipts of the two times I spent 90 cents on the game in the wintersal and the managed to recover my save while being friendly and rather fast I guess. I mean the whole thing took like 2 weeks but still I had way worse support encounters.

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe

Iceman2343 posted:

I joined your alliance as Iceman2343. I bailed on Wailing Fungus as I was still pending after several days.

I did the same thing! Hopefully he notices faster. I just started last week but I've already hit the point where I have a ton of single 3 star covers and none of them are any good. Is beast worth it? He's the current pvp target

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me

Dr.Magnificent posted:

I did the same thing! Hopefully he notices faster. I just started last week but I've already hit the point where I have a ton of single 3 star covers and none of them are any good. Is beast worth it? He's the current pvp target

Beast is the second worst 3* after Daredevil.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

Beast is the second worst 3* after Daredevil.

I still say Ragnarok is the worst. I actually enjoy playing Daredevil.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I still say Ragnarok is the worst. I actually enjoy playing Daredevil.

Yeah, Ragnarok is terrible unless the computer is using him. Then be prepared for a cascade of tiles and 5 special moves before you get your turn.

e: Goonery still has 2 open slots if anyone needs an Alliance.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, Ragnarok is terrible unless the computer is using him. Then be prepared for a cascade of tiles and 5 special moves before you get your turn.

e: Goonery still has 2 open slots if anyone needs an Alliance.

Applied as tyrshtml