Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
It's going to be late December and the cops will say "he's obviously dead!" and then shake hands, smoke cigars and promptly plop backwards in piles of OT cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
I've been rooting for Frein since I heard about it, the same with Dorner. I don't understand all the hatred. Also, I think they both are innocent.

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
That cop he killed unwittingly died for our sins and entertainment, frein is gods instrument in the second coming and God is high as gently caress

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Whatever happened to the motive talk? Apparently a cop had an affair with his brother's wife or something? That all got swept away.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
:can:
so, do you folks think this will effect the gubernatorial elections coming up?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

pentyne posted:

Watch The First 48.

Basically unless someone is killed by someone they know, the cops have nothing to go on and just drag people in and try to browbeat them into confessing. The detective even freely admitted that a random killing is almost impossible to solve without a lucky break.

For the rest of them they start at the family and work outwards to friends and associates hoping someone says "Well yeah his buddy mentioned about getting back at him" so they can lean on someone hard.

i love that show. the best part is how detectives in every city have a go-to guy for pretty much any crime thats committed. "alright ten people got gunned down, lets go talk to larry he probably knows whats up"

i am also amazed at the sheer number of loving dumbasses who willingly walk into an interrogation room without being dragged there in handcuffs and start blabbering even after being told they have the right to shut the gently caress up

i was kinda keeping my fingers crossed that frein was leading all these cops deep into the woods so 100 of his militia buddies could jump outta nowhere and mow them down but oh well

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

PoconoHermit posted:

Yeah they were definitely Mules or Gators. They looked brand new. The Rook must have gotten hung up on a stump or something. Still can't believe that someone I played Duke3d modem games with in junior high has pulled this off.

Surprised that no one has bought you a custom Pooper Scooper commemorative title yet. Is that something you'd be averse to?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

also still cant stop laughing hysterically @ deploying that rook thing in the loving wilderness

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Alas Boobylon posted:

omg

http://news.yahoo.com/eric-frein-sightings-wilderness-ninja-outfoxed-1-000-164430311.html

Frein has used a home-field advantage, long-term planning, and survival skills to resemble a “wilderness ninja,” a term some use to describe a rare breed of native scouts who can, in essence, morph into shadows.'

lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i05w4-t7LvI&t=7s

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
Cops locate Frien when a big jack-o-lantern leaf bag screeches with laughter as they walk by

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Alas Boobylon posted:

omg

http://news.yahoo.com/eric-frein-sightings-wilderness-ninja-outfoxed-1-000-164430311.html

Frein has used a home-field advantage, long-term planning, and survival skills to resemble a “wilderness ninja,” a term some use to describe a rare breed of native scouts who can, in essence, morph into shadows.'

lmao

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

Jesus Christ.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

:can:
so, do you folks think this will effect the gubernatorial elections coming up?

no, since there is near universal agreement among politicians that the search should continue no matter the cost

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
This man hunt is dumb as gently caress. Stop hunting him and he will come out of hiding. Predator 101.

Put snipers half a mile from the tree line every 3 miles. When he ventures out. Boom; headshot.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

haljordan posted:

also still cant stop laughing hysterically @ deploying that rook thing in the loving wilderness

Yeah it's the best

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i could while away the hours
smelling forest flowers
if i only had a frein

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
I like watchin' the lawman hunt down Frein
And all I can do is just sink a jeep for you
and stay out of their view
But it's not sane, It's not sane

I just want some one to say to me
I'll always be there when you stake
Ya know I'd like to keep my cheeks dry today
Find me some Luvs and I'll have it made

And I don't understand why I sneak all day
And they start to complain that there's no Frein
And all I can do is dodge a Rook to stay awake
And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape
escape...escape...escape...

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

you irl posted:

no, since there is near universal agreement among politicians that the search should continue no matter the cost

I'd suggest voting straight republican because it's easier to deal with a greedy rear end in a top hat who likes to waste money just because he's a greedy rear end in a top hat instead of a democrat who's wasting money because he supports a nanny state that thinks it knows what's best for you and makes you constantly doubt yourself

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Yaldabaoth posted:

I'd suggest voting straight republican because it's easier to deal with a greedy rear end in a top hat who likes to waste money just because he's a greedy rear end in a top hat instead of a democrat who's wasting money because he supports a nanny state that thinks it knows what's best for you and makes you constantly doubt yourself

yes, clearly the party that spearheaded the whole "make the cops look like stormtroopers" policy is the one that will lead us out of this wilderness :jerkbag:

at least the D's still have some aging hippies in there somewhere

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Mr. Horrible posted:

yes, clearly the party that spearheaded the whole "make the cops look like stormtroopers" policy is the one that will lead us out of this wilderness :jerkbag:

at least the D's still have some aging hippies in there somewhere

That's just it, there's near universal agreement that the republicans are assholes who must be opposed so any front against them will be near united. Meanwhile a lot of democrat supporters are like a woman who hooks up with a guy she likes who then becomes abusive and controlling and she lives in denial about this, so any resistance against the democrats will be sporadic and prone to infighting, giving them the freedom to impose their nanny state agenda on everyone

Basically I'm saying people need an external enemy who's so horrible that there's no doubt they must all unite against it and the democrats aren't horrible enough for the role

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Yaldabaoth posted:

That's just it, there's near universal agreement that the republicans are assholes who must be opposed so any front against them will be near united. Meanwhile a lot of democrat supporters are like a woman who hooks up with a guy she likes who then becomes abusive and controlling and she lives in denial about this, so any resistance against the democrats will be sporadic and prone to infighting, giving them the freedom to impose their nanny state agenda on everyone

Basically I'm saying people need an external enemy who's so horrible that there's no doubt they must all unite against it and the democrats aren't horrible enough for the role
The democrats have literally the same agenda as the republicans: get reelected aka keep your donors happy.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

haljordan posted:

i love that show. the best part is how detectives in every city have a go-to guy for pretty much any crime thats committed. "alright ten people got gunned down, lets go talk to larry he probably knows whats up"

i am also amazed at the sheer number of loving dumbasses who willingly walk into an interrogation room without being dragged there in handcuffs and start blabbering even after being told they have the right to shut the gently caress up

i was kinda keeping my fingers crossed that frein was leading all these cops deep into the woods so 100 of his militia buddies could jump outta nowhere and mow them down but oh well

A surprising number of detectives freely admit they try to convince the suspects to not demand a lawyer because once a lawyer gets involved they can't get people to talk as easily/falsely confess/incriminate themselves.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/eric-frein-lookalike-stopped-cops-20-times-manhunt/story?id=26353799

Looks like the James Tully story got picked up by Good Morning America. Maybe now he'll start being treated like a human being rather then a rabid dog that every rear end in a top hat cop is desperate to shoot on sight. At this point it would be more practical for the police to just drive him back and forth from his home to his job and save themselves dozens of hours lost stopping him and interrogating him.

You know, this massive manhunt makes me think that Frein hosed out to another state and is just living off the grid, occasionally calling in from burner phones/having friends report that they saw him in the area making the police freak out and rampage all over the town looking for him.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Yaldabaoth posted:

there's near universal agreement that the republicans are assholes who must be opposed

Yaldabaoth posted:

And the 2016 GOP presidential nomination goes to:

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pentyne posted:

You know, this massive manhunt makes me think that Frein hosed out to another state and is just living off the grid, occasionally calling in from burner phones/having friends report that they saw him in the area making the police freak out and rampage all over the town looking for him.

We can only hope.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Mr. Horrible posted:

And the 2016 GOP presidential nomination goes to:

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Now you get it!

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
the cops have repeatedly stopped this poor fucker who walks 5 miles a day, at the last id check somehow he managed to get his ribs beat up for some reason.

http://6abc.com/news/pa-man-mistaken-for-suspected-cop-killer-frein/360876/

acab

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Frein would want you to read threads.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Harry in Rio posted:

the cops have repeatedly stopped this poor fucker who walks 5 miles a day, at the last id check somehow he managed to get his ribs beat up for some reason.

acab

whoa crazy cant believe this hasn't been posted before!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I wonder when the town will get fed up and hold a town meeting to vote to kick out the cops only for the cops to bust halfway through the wall on the ROOK only to get stopped because its a lovely tiny piece of construction equipment.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
stay safe diaper sniper

also

VendaGoat posted:

Jesus Christ.

PoconoHermit
Oct 25, 2005

Fire in the hole, Internet!

VanSandman posted:

I wonder when the town will get fed up and hold a town meeting to vote to kick out the cops only for the cops to bust halfway through the wall on the ROOK only to get stopped because its a lovely tiny piece of construction equipment.

OOOHHH YEEEEEAH!

Seriously though, you are incorrectly assuming anyone in this town can agree on something besides hatred for NY and NJ folks.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

VanSandman posted:

citations are down, cases are being dismissed, local bakeries are booming, whats to be fed up about?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
i know someone who knew Frein before all this poo poo happened and they say a lot of what is being reported about him is bullshit like the survivalist stuff. They are also pretty sure that Frein has been dead/captured(lol) for at least two weeks and is going to be dragged out just before the election to give Corbett a boost for the elections :tinfoil:

PoconoHermit posted:

Seriously though, you are incorrectly assuming anyone in this town can agree on something besides hatred for NY and NJ folks.

accurate for most of NEPA

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

haljordan posted:

Since the rook moves in straight lines, it cannot catch Frein, a white knight

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

Fellis posted:

i know someone who knew Frein before all this poo poo happened and they say a lot of what is being reported about him is bullshit like the survivalist stuff. They are also pretty sure that Frein has been dead/captured(lol) for at least two weeks and is going to be dragged out just before the election to give Corbett a boost for the elections :tinfoil:

Lol, Corbett is gonna need more than a dead diaper sniper to save him this election. If they're keeping frein on ice, it's so the police can keep pulling in OT while playing lazer tag in the woods.

Secret Machine fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 22, 2014

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hope Frein is either laying in wait to shoot some more, or is literally out of the country by now

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Murderion posted:

Since the rook moves in straight lines, it cannot catch Frein, a white knight

Checkmate :smug:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Fellis posted:

So Corbett will get credit for capturing Frein but won't get blamed for him shooting two cops?

Conspiracy logic is weird.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Cuck the police

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Lazyfire posted:

So Corbett will get credit for capturing Frein but won't get blamed for him shooting two cops?

Conspiracy logic is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Harry in Rio posted:

acab

This poor dude is going to die before this is all over. I put the over/under on bullets in his corpse at 27.

• Locked thread