Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Apocron posted:

Can apps become universal? I'm just wondering what the chances are of my iPad copy of the world ends with you becoming playable on my phone.
In your specific case, the chances are almost zero because Square Enix were cunts who went out of their way to make TWEWY iPhone version not playable at all on the iPad. They did this by "requiring device flash" even though it is absolutely never used.

In theory what they did is against Apple's guidelines but they will never face sanctions for it.

Sorry, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I appreciate the comments about Terra Battle and I'm going to keep playing it but I still have this dread when playing these games about "when is it going to gently caress me" or "how are they going to get paid". Perhaps it's the neurotic in me.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Rexicon1 posted:

I appreciate the comments about Terra Battle and I'm going to keep playing it but I still have this dread when playing these games about "when is it going to gently caress me" or "how are they going to get paid". Perhaps it's the neurotic in me.

No, that's a perfectly rational thing to worry about and it's why a lot of people, including myself, tend to stay away from free games of that nature. I don't like having to worry about the economics of my leisure time activities beyond flat fees or purchases.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Victorian Gentleman posted:

Under you my battle cats code is: l0g4l

Used your code, mine is bpuvz

Meep
Oct 7, 2000

Klungar posted:

Used your code, mine is bpuvz
Just used your battle cat code, mines qwzft.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Meep posted:

Just used your battle cat code, mines qwzft.

Used! Mine is: uxuij

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Before people start complaining here's my bcc (battle cats code}: 5k2x9

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also random Battle Cats tip: check the game every hour or so as stages randomly get a bonus multiplier on treasure drops.

No idea if its like PAD where it's divided by groups but Brazil currently has the bonus (for me).

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

There was a old battlecats thread. Does anyone have the link?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I'm in Canada, is 'The Battle Cats' what you guys are talking about? I never see anyone use "the" in there and want to make sure I'm not downloading a scammed game.

e: Jesus nvm this is certainly the game.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 22, 2014

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

VelociBacon posted:

I'm in Canada, is 'The Battle Cats' what you guys are talking about? I never see anyone use "the" in there and want to make sure I'm not downloading a scammed game.

Yeah that's the one. It recently renamed itself to include the "The" which is why most of us just say Battle Cats.

PONOS is the developer and it has a red icon with a white cat face.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Shwqa posted:

There was a old battlecats thread. Does anyone have the link?

I've been looking for it. Might have fallen into archives.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Rexicon1 posted:

There is a decent thread here that's pretty informative, and an IRC channel on synirc (#terrabattle) that's decently active if you want to talk shop.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Bogart posted:

I've been looking for it. Might have fallen into archives.

I started it and it's not in my bookmarks so it's definitely archived.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

Is there a goonclan for Game of Thrones: Ascent :cripes:

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

uh zip zoom posted:

Is there a goonclan for Game of Thrones: Ascent :cripes:

Im not even sure how much being in an alliance helps you on your quests. I had to stop playing because the quests are getting ridiculously harder and i refuse to pay real money for equipment.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

Roman Reigns posted:

Im not even sure how much being in an alliance helps you on your quests. I had to stop playing because the quests are getting ridiculously harder and i refuse to pay real money for equipment.

being in an alliance has made those ridiculously hard quests easy, and I've been able to make all kinds of legendary/peerless items without paying money, it's just I hate the people I play with.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Anyone (still?) playing OTTTD? I found it rather fun but I am completely stuck on Surrounded Again (21). Can't even get past the second or third wave, help.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Battle Cats code is 6ycsv if anyone still enterin them

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Monster Strike now out in English!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monster-strike/id906287108?mt=8
https://app.box.com/s/fefmzf8nf9vuockeicuk

I wrote down some stuff when playing the JP version months ago, and while it's out of date most of it still applies
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MIoyg9armWeXFy3A5JPyg7m0h7NSIzIor9pSv8odNOY/mobilebasic

Translation of Japan's current reroll list, not sure how well it aligns with what's available in the English gacha

quote:

S tier:
Aladdin
Water Spirit Tequila
Belphegor
Yggdrasil
Red Riding Hood
Zeus
Arthur (now a waifu)

A tier:
Sakamoto Ryouma
Napoleon (now a loli)
Tokugawa Ieyasu
Beethoven (somehow not a waifu)
Hunter King
Strike
Alice
Fairy Prince Gimlet

B tier:
Uesugi Kenshin (unsurprisingly now a waifu)
Agnamute X
Corsair (warplane turned waifu)
Heracles
Athena
Agnamute (separate from X)
Harley X
Satan
Loki
Odin

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Opal posted:

Anyone (still?) playing OTTTD? I found it rather fun but I am completely stuck on Surrounded Again (21). Can't even get past the second or third wave, help.

I thought it was really shallow, did they update it so that the heroes are more worthwhile than just plopping down in a good spot? That mechanic was a good idea.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
I don't know how it was before but no it doesn't really require you to move them around much except in some rare instances where you need extra backup somewhere. Their abilities are kind of essential though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Finally got 150 cat food and decided to give the rare cat machine a shot.

Hello, World Order Hip Hop Cat. It's actually 4-5 cats.

This game is wonderful :allears:

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

dragon enthusiast posted:

I wrote down some stuff when playing the JP version months ago, and while it's out of date most of it still applies
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MIoyg9armWeXFy3A5JPyg7m0h7NSIzIor9pSv8odNOY/mobilebasic

Translation of Japan's current reroll list, not sure how well it aligns with what's available in the English gacha

Thanks for the heads up. I poopsocked my way to a Zeus and he's pretty fun so far. Is there a pattern of what happens on each day like PAD?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Gegil posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I poopsocked my way to a Zeus and he's pretty fun so far. Is there a pattern of what happens on each day like PAD?

Yes, the element of evo material in the weekday dungeon changes depending on time of day.

Looks like the online co-op doesn't totally require the supported social media apps; as long as you have the invite URL things will work just fine.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Monster Strike seems pretty fun, besides stamina how do they gate you?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

No, I didn't have the Battle Cats thread in my bookmarks, why would you think that?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

How much am I going to hate myself if I don't poopsock reroll for a good starter? Is it to the degree of 'gently caress me i started with a golem' in PAD?

e: I got a dude named StrikeR now, I assume this is the same thing as Strike in your guide?

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 23, 2014

radge
Jan 21, 2005

The new nimblebit golf game actually looks decent.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

How much am I going to hate myself if I don't poopsock reroll for a good starter? Is it to the degree of 'gently caress me i started with a golem' in PAD?

e: I got a dude named StrikeR now, I assume this is the same thing as Strike in your guide?

This is literally the worst. I've never had such awful luck rerolling in games until now. I think I'm on like 30+ tries and I haven't even seen ANY of the people on that tier list.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

Maybe, does he look like one of the dudes on the title screen?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Maybe, does he look like one of the dudes on the title screen?

He's a 5* Light deity with black hair and like a rod or something in his hand. I guess he looks like an unevolved version of the blonde-with-black-streaks guy on the front. He's the 'super rare exclusive' in the legends series.

He was my second pull on this reroll, the first being Yadea.

Clocks posted:

This is literally the worst. I've never had such awful luck rerolling in games until now. I think I'm on like 30+ tries and I haven't even seen ANY of the people on that tier list.

At least you get two pulls per reset and they seem to be guaranteed 4*+ right now.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 23, 2014

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
You might be able to get three rolls by accepting somebody's referral when you start the game, so if somebody here already finished the reroll marathon and wants to bathe in rainbow orbs post your referral link.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

http://static.us.monster-strike.com/invitation/?i=199613854953&p=1&__from=email

I generated this from the email option, maybe it'll work for multiple people using it! :v:

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 23, 2014

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.

Tsurupettan posted:

At least you get two pulls per reset and they seem to be guaranteed 4*+ right now.

I'm daft - where's the second pull? There's the first hatch just after the first boss / evolve tutorial, but where's the other? The "Friend Hatcher" one? I seem to only get rares from that one.

edit : vvv Ahh, thanks! I was too impatient and never played through that part before rerolling. :)

devilmouse fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 23, 2014

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

devilmouse posted:

I'm daft - where's the second pull? There's the first hatch just after the first boss / evolve tutorial, but where's the other? The "Friend Hatcher" one? I seem to only get rares from that one.

After you do the first tutorial pull it's like 'hey! try out your new team!' and if you complete that it gives you another pull.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, there's a sequel to Glyph Quest. Don't mind if I do :)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

After you do the first tutorial pull it's like 'hey! try out your new team!' and if you complete that it gives you another pull.

You don't actually have to finish that quest you can just give up from the menu.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

noirstronaut posted:

Banner Saga is great and anyone saying otherwise should stop.

Thanks!

I was actually here to see if there was a reroll list for Monster Strike, but this was a nice surprise.

My daughter loves Battle Cats, btw. She laughs like a maniac every time giraffe cat rolls up and starts headbanging. My friend code's 7929x, I used MotU's code.

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If you missed getting Hitman GO when it was the IGN Free Game Of The Month last month, it's currently on sale for $1.99.

Also, I seem to recall that Tilt To Live is a game goons like. The devs released a new version, Tilt To Live: Gauntlet's Revenge. It's $2.99.