Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

MrDru posted:

so I wanna get revved up for hell in a cell Sunday and I wanna know what some of psps favorite hell in a cell matches are!

HBK vs. Taker from Bad Blood 97 is amazing, as is Lesnar vs. Taker from No Mercy 2002.

I have fond memories of Jericho vs. HHH from Judgement Day 2002, but I haven't re-watched it since the PPV aired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

What is all that footage of Goldberg in tiny glasses being interviewed by the car from originally?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

oldpainless posted:

What if Big Daddy Cool did a big suplex?

Well, how big of a suplex are we talking here?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Legacy vs. DX was a really good cell match that doesn't get enough attention.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Forget Hell in a Cell, Punjabi Prison matches for life yo. :colbert:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

"bah gawd its full of stars...."

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

"Longer than you think, Dad! Longer than you think!"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

BGrifter posted:

Forget Hell in a Cell, Punjabi Prison matches for life yo. :colbert:

Looks like someone forgot about the Kennel from Hell.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I actually liked both Punjabi Prison matches. They had a fun ruleset that made sense and the cage looked cool.

However it probably looked like poo poo live.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

MrDru posted:

so I wanna get revved up for hell in a cell Sunday and I wanna know what some of psps favorite hell in a cell matches are!

In addition to most of the classics already named (Bad Blood 97, KOTR 98, No Way Out 2000, Lesnar v. Undertaker, Edge v. Undertaker, HHH v. Undertaker), the six way at Armageddon 2000 is very entertaining, Batista v. HHH at Vengeance 2005 and Batista v. Undertaker at Survivor Series 2007 are both good and some of Batista's best matches.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Triple H vs Cactus Jack from No Way Out 2000. it's not as good as their hardcore match at Royal Rumble but I think it's one of the top Hell in a Cell matches.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I had a really hard time enjoying Hell in a Cell matches when I was younger, because stupid Mick Foley set the bar so high. I was expecting guys like HHH or Jericho to go flying off the top too, and was disappointed with anything that wasn't that crazy.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

coconono posted:

I actually liked both Punjabi Prison matches. They had a fun ruleset that made sense and the cage looked cool.

However it probably looked like poo poo live.

I liked the parts of the match I could see through that ridiculous cage. It's up there with TNA's electrified cage for bad ideas though.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

to be fair the electrified cage was something done by japanese hardcore promotions well before TNA did it

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

...the six way at Armageddon 2000 is very entertaining...

I haven't seen this match probably since it first aired, so I forget how the gently caress they explained why a pick-up truck full of hay was at ringside other thank to provide a safe place for Rikishi to fall.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I haven't seen this match probably since it first aired, so I forget how the gently caress they explained why a pick-up truck full of hay was at ringside other thank to provide a safe place for Rikishi to fall.

McMahon drives it in trying to tear down the cell and stop the match (because putting 6 top stars in the cell is TOO dangerous) before foley has security remove him.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Spikeguy posted:

"Longer than you think, Dad! Longer than you think!"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Vince brought it down to the ring mid-match. The whole buildup was that he did not want the match to happen, he thought it would hurt his precious superstars. So he brought the truck down to try and rip the door off the cage and set them free!

Or something like that.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Vince was against the whoel idea because it would injure all his top starts so he brought the truck out in an attempt to pull down the cage.

To pull down the cage on top of the 6 stars he was trying to protect.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Hell in a Cell with Foley and HHH would've been such a great way for Mick to go out. My friends and I were devastated when he lost. drat shame Mick came back a month later for one of the worst main events in Wrestlemania history.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wasn't one of those top stars an incoherent and immobile British Bulldog who ran around for months yelling "title shot"?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

HHH, Rock, Angle, SCSA, Taker, Rikishi. Bulldog was in the 6-Pack Challenge earlier in the year though.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Hell in a Cell with Foley and HHH would've been such a great way for Mick to go out. My friends and I were devastated when he lost. drat shame Mick came back a month later for one of the worst main events in Wrestlemania history.

had he actually retired then he might be somewhat mobile by this point :(

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

oldpainless posted:

HHH, Rock, Angle, SCSA, Taker, Rikishi. Bulldog was in the 6-Pack Challenge earlier in the year though.

The 6-pack challenge at Unforgiven 1999 was HHH vs. Rock vs. Big Show vs. Kane vs. Bulldog vs. Mankind with SCSA as the "special enforcer" referee.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

oldpainless posted:

Shows how fuzzy I am on all this poo poo over the years.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Wasn't one of those top stars an incoherent and immobile British Bulldog who ran around for months yelling "title shot"?

No, but I was watching Summerslam 1992 from Wembley, and a little kid tells the camera that The British Bulldog is going to win "whether he wants to or not". Exposing the business :bahgawd:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Genericide posted:

No, but I was watching Summerslam 1992 from Wembley, and a little kid tells the camera that The British Bulldog is going to win "whether he wants to or not". Exposing the business :bahgawd:

I remember that. I imagined the kid holding a knife to Matilda's throat in the crowd during the match.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

simosimo posted:

Can we get more of these on the Network, pretty please WWE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eA1ZrmdmoA

PS - If anyone can Avatar size/format this, would be forever greatful.

I still don't know what the new Avatar sizes are allowed to be.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
What were they thinking with the Livewire idea? I remember it seemed like every episode I watched as a kid they were always getting pissy and snippy with the callers and questions. Maybe it didn't happen that often cause I'm going by distant memory but I want to say it did. What did they want people to call and ask them? Might as well have just scripted the whole thing.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Kawalimus posted:

What were they thinking with the Livewire idea? I remember it seemed like every episode I watched as a kid they were always getting pissy and snippy with the callers and questions. Maybe it didn't happen that often cause I'm going by distant memory but I want to say it did. What did they want people to call and ask them? Might as well have just scripted the whole thing.

Are you thinking of Byte This? I thought Livewire was just a recap show

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Are you thinking of Byte This? I thought Livewire was just a recap show

No that was WWF Mania hosted by Todd Pettengill which aired on Saturday mornings. They eventually scrapped that and it became Livewire where they took people's calls. It's the show that JR thing on this page is from.

Byte This was a web show and I guess they did that too but I wasn't watching for most of when this show aired so I don't really have a great idea how it went.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Kawalimus posted:

No that was WWF Mania hosted by Todd Pettengill which aired on Saturday mornings. They eventually scrapped that and it became Livewire where they took people's calls. It's the show that JR thing on this page is from.

Byte This was a web show and I guess they did that too but I wasn't watching for most of when this show aired so I don't really have a great idea how it went.

LiveWire also eventually became a recap show hosted by Michael Cole. It was the only way I got to see what was on Smackdown in 2000 because I didn't get UPN.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The best Byte This was when Matt Hardy called in to call Lita a bitch.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

LiveWire also eventually became a recap show hosted by Michael Cole. It was the only way I got to see what was on Smackdown in 2000 because I didn't get UPN.

That makes sense then. I stopped watching around 99 for a multitude of reasons and my interest in wrestling had been waning for a while so I never saw it transition into a recap show.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

The best Byte This was when Matt Hardy called in to call Lita a bitch.

No, the best was Todd Grisham making fun of a TNA fan who called in to talk about how great TNA was.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

No, the best was Todd Grisham making fun of a TNA fan who called in to talk about how great TNA was.

This was a pretty regular occurrence.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

KungFu Grip posted:

I still don't know what the new Avatar sizes are allowed to be.

"Must be smaller than 150x150 pixels and no larger than 100kB", only place I could find it was in the buy a new avatar page.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I still think Brock vs Taker was one of the best HIAC matches of all time, and it didn't have any huge bumps. It was just a brutal rear end fight.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

All those clips makes me want WWE to bring back a call-in show just for the unintentional comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

The Goldberg episode of Monday Night War was fascinating, as someone who knew almost nothing about him except that he looked like Stone Cold sorta. Holy poo poo, had no idea that him losing the streak immediately led into the Fingerpoke of Doom. And Raw was having Foley win on the same god drat night? All so they could make NWO be the focal point of WCW again? Yeesh. WCW really was good at loving everything up.