Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Finally, Seth Monahan's reign of terror is over

Also what does Enny being awesome have to do with Slim being awesome

e: lmao Seth isn't even up for MVP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

AlleyViper posted:

St. Louis vs. Not-Anahiem: 23-99 (.188 )
St. Louis vs. Anaheim: 5-2 (.714)

Must keep resting players. Must resist using all starters.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
I am leading the league in runs scored, on pace for 946. That would be the lowest total to lead the league in Dimaggio history, and this would be just the second season ever where a team failed to score 1,000 runs.

Death to the clowndick offenses.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

gyroball posted:

Weldon Bush is pretty drat cool.

Weldon Bush supports #gamergate

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
poo poo now I've lost chip morandini for 18 days. Between this and Jerry drew's deathlabrum tear I think? it's been a rough year for my pitchers. All my non-Dotel relievers are poo poo too, :sigh:

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Elcano's 12th CG of the season gives him 78 for his career, 2nd all-time and 19 behind Lew. His 3rd shutout of the season is his 30th, also 2nd all-time and 1 behind Lew.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
I hope Deivi defects to either New York or North Korea

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I'm basically convinced the 4/100 rating point chance of him wanting to test the market is gonna hit after S31

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Creek had been on pace to set the single season WHIP record but a 1.6 WHIP in his last three games has changed that. Now he's on pace to set the #2 mark, with Omar DaSilva on pace to claim the top spot.

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

:stare:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

He's made of steel, I tell ya! Not Chip Steele, actual steel

Damaso Perez is now a Cy Young candidate. Cla Walsh: not a Cy Young candidate. Winzzzzz (and also innings)

Max Lugo is a Gold Glove nominee and also has a .300 SLG this season. I always thought that if I couldn't get that out of him, no one could (because I didn't think anyone else would give him money and enough playing time)

e: oh and two guys who I drafted are up for Silver Sluggers, both for other teams. Welp

uublog fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 23, 2014

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

uhhhh

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Yeah Deivi owns.

Although I can't help but wonder if the heavy usage is going to make his decline hit harder when that eventually comes. I thought that had been pointed out with some pitchers before but I can't remember which ones.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I was gonna try to get Jerry to 300 this year but he was just so bad for the first month of the season. :(

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Is there some kind of post-championship injury curse I'm not aware of? Because jeeze, Barker, Duchscherer, Crosby, Matthews, Bailey and now Macbeth all getting hurt in the same season...ugh.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Devo posted:

Yeah Deivi owns.

Although I can't help but wonder if the heavy usage is going to make his decline hit harder when that eventually comes. I thought that had been pointed out with some pitchers before but I can't remember which ones.

Lew didn't drop off dramatically until 39/40, but that's just the easy comp

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

I'm on a six-game winning streak, outscoring Cory J. Lidle and Art 43-13, seven straight quality starts (the last one by David Lopez, who improved to 14-2, because lol) and this is all since Chip went on the DL. How is any of this happening.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Lew didn't drop off dramatically until 39/40, but that's just the easy comp

Lew is kind of what I'm talking about. When he did finally start to decline he blew off in giant chunks compared to the other guys in the top 5 career innings list who usually got less per season. Maybe there was a training budget issue there though too; I haven't investigated that closely.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Devo posted:

Lew is kind of what I'm talking about. When he did finally start to decline he blew off in giant chunks compared to the other guys in the top 5 career innings list who usually got less per season. Maybe there was a training budget issue there though too; I haven't investigated that closely.

I had him in S20 at 20/20, traded him to BOS at 20/20, and S21 was with Trenton at 20/20 for what that's worth

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
We have some bad news: Bubba Saberhagen at the Low A level will be out about 92 HBD days stemming from his recent injury [Foot, ligament strain].

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

If I had to compare my offense to something I think it would be a bar urinal filled with stale piss and cigarette butts

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

Devo posted:

If I had to compare my offense to something I think it would be a bar urinal filled with stale piss and cigarette butts

I don't know that pretty offensive I think you need to downgrade. Maybe you are the floor covered in pee.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

My A+ team won its last 21 games to finish the season, so, that's wild

::Blows noisemaker::

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

Is there some kind of post-championship injury curse I'm not aware of? Because jeeze, Barker, Duchscherer, Crosby, Matthews, Bailey and now Macbeth all getting hurt in the same season...ugh.

Yeah, let's add Stu Roosevelt to the list, why the hell not

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

And the 34th start of the season is the one that finally doesn't go at least 7 IP. Decent streak.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

91st win of the season means I've already got my HBD-career-best record. Hat tip to the 12-game winning streak stimpy ended yesterday (with 4 runs on 2 homers in 5 IP off Cla, gently caress that bullshit. Yes even when I'm getting incredibly lucky I'm still pissed about something)

Suffice it to say, I did not expect this team to do like anything and now they're 3 games behind Jeff for the division and might win 100

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

The A+ playoff brackets never filled out

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

ThatsMyBoye posted:

The A+ playoff brackets never filled out

Yeah I was wondering about that

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Ticket submitted

+ There were missed regular season games. Support pushed them through and the bracket should pop relatively soon

ThatsMyBoye fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 27, 2014

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Why the gently caress is JT Matthews garbage

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Two stupid key injuries down the stretch are going to do me in. God loving drat it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Great time to go 2-8 over your last 10, Salem!

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade
I am going to make the playoffs. I don't even know what the gently caress.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Oh whoa 1st trip! Hell yeah, congrats

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Still 3 games behind Jeff with 12 to play. It's probably gonna come down to our last series in Santa Fe. Holy poo poo I don't understand this game (in a good way)

I've got 2 more @ EB, 4 vs. gardenald, and 3 @ Ivan before that (all below .500), and Jeff's got 2 more @ gardenald, 4 @ stimpy, 3 @ scrotos (stimpy/scrotos obv both above .500) so yeah

Let's loving do this y'all. Chip's off the DL, MVP Alex Mendez passed the 503 PA threshold, itsfuckinghappening.gif

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I've chewed on it before but I think after 14 seasons the lease is finally up on Tropicana Field and the Snowbirds are moving to greener pastures.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Oh, and this is literally the first time in Jeff's 18-season (as of now) reign over the south that someone other than ivan or scrotos will finish 2nd. Ivan in S11, then, incredibly, scrotos from S12-S21, and Ivan again from S22-S28

:holymoley:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

lol Derrick Graves is 4 for 13 in save opps

SAVES

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

AlleyViper posted:

Why the gently caress is JT Matthews garbage

a trade I won, hooray

also I am sad that I'm not going to sniff the playoffs this year but I've probably got about 3 more years out of this team before they all get overpriced and jeff signs them all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

The Metropolitans are going to win fewer games than they did last year, Chip Steele got hurt, and somehow I hired a coach that made all of my players' baserunning go down :sigh:

• Locked thread