Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm aware. Just sayin'.

Edit: Also, I couldn't think of a Monty Python reference in time.

It's a fair cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Aww, Henry crying at the end because dad is mad at him :(

Well I liked this a lot, lots of stuff happened in this. Everybody's relationships are changing; Henry is going off script and attacking his parents directly, his position as Moloch's favorite is shaken, Headless is going all softie regarding Katrina, Crane is starting to wtf regarding Katrina, IchAbbie is starting to look more likely, and Hawley is safely removed from being Abbie's potential love interest which I am glad about.

And next week I think we get a Wendigo? Cool!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I'm not sure I'm gonna like where all the ~relationships~ are going (mostly I want less Hawley and more Jenny? I mean I wanted more Caroline, but hey, what can you do) but this show still has all the right stuff.

Also, has anyone picked up the comic? I just caught a glimpse of it, and, well,

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
We're gonna be seeing a lot more Hawley this season. (And since I'm biased towards Matt Barr, I honestly have no problem with this.)

Next week looks like it's gonna be a fun ride. :)

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Skinwalker next week. Looks like our thread title is coming true.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

Let it be Paul Revere please but seriously, I don't hate Hawley, he's just too surfer dude for this show. They're pushing how cool he is really hard. I hope he becomes more like comic relief and less rival hot guy. I do kind of like the interaction but in-your-faceness could be toned down.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Croisquessein posted:

Let it be Paul Revere please but seriously, I don't hate Hawley, he's just too surfer dude for this show. They're pushing how cool he is really hard. I hope he becomes more like comic relief and less rival hot guy. I do kind of like the interaction but in-your-faceness could be toned down.

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same place. I don't hate the character and the actor is fine, but what he brings to the show isn't really something that it needs. First time this show has had a recurring element that I'm not totally down with. :(

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Paradoxish posted:

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same place. I don't hate the character and the actor is fine, but what he brings to the show isn't really something that it needs. First time this show has had a recurring element that I'm not totally down with. :(
Yeah, I think I'd like him a lot as a semi-regular character like Noble was in S1 without being in every single episode.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

He's definitely the sort of character that's too easy to overuse. This show hasn't disappointed me yet so who knows, but I'm not looking forward to him showing up in every episode.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I wouldn't mind Hawley so much if Franklenstein was given equal screentime.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Skinwalker dude looked like he had a modern haircut, unfortunately. Maybe next time, Paul Revverewolf :sigh:

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I like the theme of how all the Horsemen are insecure manbabies who can't follow simple instructions. Abraham caused a 250 year delay by going after Ichabod while he was supposed to do apocalypse stuff and now Henry is trying to "accidentally" kill Abraham's prisoner, who is apparently a super valuable "Hellshard".

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I love the idea that Crane basically hires cosplayers and Revolutionary War fans and tells them he does a ton of re-enactments and needs appropriate period wear.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asehujiko posted:

Abraham's prisoner, who is apparently a super valuable "Hellshard".

I am hype for this because it means Katrina's set for a Horseman role :neckbeard:

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Asehujiko posted:

I like the theme of how all the Horsemen are insecure manbabies who can't follow simple instructions. Abraham caused a 250 year delay by going after Ichabod while he was supposed to do apocalypse stuff and now Henry is trying to "accidentally" kill Abraham's prisoner, who is apparently a super valuable "Hellshard".

I loved the last scene with Henry. It reminds you that John Noble is essentially playing a resentful teenager with HUGE daddy issues, kind of like Conner in Angel, except he looks like John Noble.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

johntfs posted:

I loved the last scene with Henry. It reminds you that John Noble is essentially playing a resentful teenager with HUGE daddy issues, kind of like Conner in Angel, except he looks like John Noble.

Yeah, the feeling I got was that he was despearately looking for something to replace the parents he never had, and Moloch was the closest thing so he'd convinced himself that Moloch cared about him in some capacity beyond what job he could do. He had that idea slapped out of his head and now he's alone again. John Noble mentioned in the sleepycast that Henry is basically a kid who can operate as an adult but without the experience or maturity of one.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Boldor posted:

I'm wondering what the consequences of Washington Irving not existing in this show's universe are (but otherwise things are as similar as possible; all other major authors do actually appear to exist in this fictional world).

The obvious ones are that the short stories The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Rip van Winkle don't exist. The latter not existing is why Ichabod Crane is referred to as "Captain America" and not "Rip van Winkle", as a metaphor for someone long asleep. (Heh, I didn't realize until I wrote that sentence that both Steve Rogers and Buck Rogers pulled a Rip van Winkle.)

It's likely no one in this world is going to think that people thought the world was flat and Christopher Columbus proved it wasn't. That was fanciful invention of Irving that caught on in the real world; Irving wrote loads of stuff on Spain partly because he served as ambassador to Spain.

Because of that, it might also be the case that other American authors were never inspired to visit Spain, either. Ernest Hemingway might never have been inspired to spend so much time in Spain, so we might not get The Sun Also Rises, which means the Running of the Bulls is not well-known to this world's United States. The Spanish Civil War would still have occurred, and still attracted people, so we still might get For Whom the Bell Tolls though. Let's see ... this world's version of Westeros might be mysteriously missing Dorne (Irving is partly responsible for making sure the world has heard of things like Alhambra).

Someone else has to be thought of as the first major American fiction writer. I'm guessing James Fenimore Cooper.

I can't think of anything else. Random TV episodes and such aren't really all that significant.

I'm probably overthinking this, but this is fun anyway. :v:

hahaha, drunk or xanax post?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like Hawley the previous two episodes, but yeah I was kinda surprised they brought him back so soon again after the last one, but this show is so fast paced it shouldn't be surprising. I think he is a good foil to Crane though when they are butting heads about who is the smartest guy in the room by having them throw fun facts at each other, but I am already getting tired of the "looking out for my own" shtick, I just want the show to hurry up and get past that characterization because we know he will.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mr.capps posted:

I like Hawley the previous two episodes, but yeah I was kinda surprised they brought him back so soon again after the last one, but this show is so fast paced it shouldn't be surprising. I think he is a good foil to Crane though when they are butting heads about who is the smartest guy in the room by having them throw fun facts at each other, but I am already getting tired of the "looking out for my own" shtick, I just want the show to hurry up and get past that characterization because we know he will.

Yep I assume that he will be taking the place of the Captain since he is now on the other side. I also find it funny that Moloch is mad at Henry, when he has helped his cause. Ichabod is loosing faith in his wife and if he no longer has any faith in her she will be easier to turn.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Yep I assume that he will be taking the place of the Captain since he is now on the other side. I also find it funny that Moloch is mad at Henry, when he has helped his cause. Ichabod is loosing faith in his wife and if he no longer has any faith in her she will be easier to turn.

Moloch may benefit, but he still has to keep his guys in line and can't just brush off disobedience because it turned out okay. And Henry did almost get Katrina killed. We can't know for sure if he did it to drive a wedge between her and Crane or if he really wanted her dead.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

bobkatt013 posted:

I'm getting the vibe that demons are too goony to understand human interactions beyond MORTAL DEAD, MORTAL NOT DEAD, MORTAL WANTS TO KILL MORTAL, SIGN MORTAL UP WITH SWEET BLOOD-SIGNED CONTRACT

flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy
I had seen this article on io9 before where the author was an extra on Sleepy Hollow http://io9.com/i-was-an-extra-on-the-sleepy-hollow-set-and-heres-what-1635938942. She mentions Hawley being in the episode she taped so it seems like he'll be somewhat of a regular on the show.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Croisquessein posted:

Moloch may benefit, but he still has to keep his guys in line and can't just brush off disobedience because it turned out okay. And Henry did almost get Katrina killed. We can't know for sure if he did it to drive a wedge between her and Crane or if he really wanted her dead.

Also if Katrina was killed, it would have been a huge setback for Moloch, so he was telling Henry in so many words "DONT loving DO THAT AGAIN!"

Did feel a little sorry for Henry at the end, especially the way they posed him. It's like he needs someone to respect him because everyone is treating him like a flunky. I still don't know how Henry smelled any sin from Katrina's first encounter with Mary, unless it was Mary's sin to be jealous.

Also noting Katrina seems to be pitying Alexander a bit more than she thought she would.. especially since he literally rode to her rescue. I thought he was just running away for some dick errand for Henry or something.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Binary Badger posted:

Did feel a little sorry for Henry at the end, especially the way they posed him. It's like he needs someone to respect him because everyone is treating him like a flunky. I still don't know how Henry smelled any sin from Katrina's first encounter with Mary, unless it was Mary's sin to be jealous.

Wasn't the sin he found that of Katrina faking a letter from Mary after she died to keep Ichabod in the colonies?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Tripped by butt, Katrina pushed her.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

NeuroticLich posted:

Wasn't the sin he found that of Katrina faking a letter from Mary after she died to keep Ichabod in the colonies?

Katrina killed her. She says Mary tripped on a root and bumped her head but if that was true why would her spirit be so focused on drowning? Why didn't Katrina the nurse check her vitals or attempt any help at all? Katrina is shady and with the list of lies Ichabod rattled off and his continuous monologues about trust idk why anyone would trust her.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So is Morales ever going to come back? It seemed like they were going to go somewhere with him after John Cho Demon Temp told him "EVERYONE HAS TO CHOOSE A SIDE"

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

mr.capps posted:

So is Morales ever going to come back? It seemed like they were going to go somewhere with him after John Cho Demon Temp told him "EVERYONE HAS TO CHOOSE A SIDE"

Morales did choose a side, the left side. As in exit stage left. Specifically as in "gently caress this town, I'm going somewhere safe, like Los Angeles on Jack Bauer day."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Is he not dead? I thought he was dead.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lycus posted:

Is he not dead? I thought he was dead.

Ancitif punched him so hard it knocked him out of the plot. :v:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

They really should've just killed him off in that episode, I thought they did anyway.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

NeuroticLich posted:

Okay, lying is a sin, that makes sense. Even more so when you play back the episode and Henry's eyes blackout only when he brushes past her handwriting.

Morales got scared by Andy Brooks and wouldn't take Abby's calls after their 'choose a side' meeting, dunno if he shows up again.

Wonder why the new sheriff (Reyes) hasn't shown up for the past two episodes..

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Oct 22, 2014

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
man, people keep saying they don't like the new sheriff's character, but I think her being out of the loop a great catalyst for fun stuff.
"Mr. Crane, you say you're a history teacher, but where's your degree?"
"Oh, I must have left it in my other cosplay suit"
*cue Ichabbie going to college*

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

It's more that skeptical outsider is a really, really bog standard archetype for these kinds of shows and it was refreshing that Captain Irving got onboard almost immediately. There's just nowhere interesting for her to go and as long as she's out of the loop her only use in the show is to act as a foil. Personally, it's not that I don't like her, it's that the role she's playing is just really boring.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Its why when she was first introduced I was kinda hoping she'd turn out to be a villain, though I doubt that now.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
Henry Parish - Horseman of Baww

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I liked how this episode they expanded on the re-enactments a bit. It's good to know that Crane has fully committed to the hobby--he needs something to do when he's not saving the world.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr. Fowl posted:

I liked how this episode they expanded on the re-enactments a bit. It's good to know that Crane has fully committed to the hobby--he needs something to do when he's not saving the world.

He felt at home there. I am sure he is the king. However, I could see him being a huge rear end correcting everyone on things that they are doing wrong.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

bobkatt013 posted:

He felt at home there. I am sure he is the king. However, I could see him being a huge rear end correcting everyone on things that they are doing wrong.

I'm waiting for the inevitable moment when Moloch's army marches into Sleepy Hollow and the only defense against it is the Colonial Historical Society's Re-enactors.

johntfs fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

johntfs posted:

I'm waiting for the inevitable moment when Moloch's army marches into Sleepy Hollow and the only defense against is the Colonial Historical Society's Re-enactors.

He did say they are building an army.

• Locked thread