Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/327260/discussions/0/619569340994222690/

I was pretty interested in this coming out, but seems like it's one of those games you have to separate from the devs. Too bad.

Seems like there was a misunderstanding between the dev and Groupees. This doesn't seem to be another Paranautical Activity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

actually i just clicked over to the store page and that game looks pretty cool. I'll probably buy it at some point

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that guy seems not insane

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Everybody else in that thread seems to be a self entitled gently caress wad though.

"I spent $1 on a bundle on a game I've already received, I demand a Steam key :cry: and if you don't 1 million people will spam your page and never buy your game again :cry:"

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Acquire Currency! posted:

Yeah that guy seems not insane
Is there a Steam tag for that?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

SelenicMartian posted:

Is there a Steam tag for that?

Well, you see, allowing tags not directly related to the content of the game would pollute the :downswords:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
He might not be insane, but he's apparently incompetent as gently caress.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Ok Alien Isolation is really cool and atmospheric as gently caress and I haven't even seen the titular beast.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Orv posted:

An hour and a half of Lords of the Fallen, a game that badly wants to be the new Dark Souls and probably isn't.

Which I would absolutely stream when it comes out except doing so would turbomurder my computer.

It looks like its going to be its own thing with a pretty loving good Dark Souls-y combat which is weighty with great sound design. It definitely seems easier but then again it never promoted itself as being difficult. So far it seems like it's going to be worth the asking price if you're fine with a purely single player game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lordfrikk posted:

It looks like its going to be its own thing with a pretty loving good Dark Souls-y combat which is weighty with great sound design. It definitely seems easier but then again it never promoted itself as being difficult. So far it seems like it's going to be worth the asking price if you're fine with a purely single player game.

Dark Souls combat doesn't seem very interesting if most fights don't have the potential to be dangerous.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I have nothing against devs copying good combat ideas even if it's just a little bit and not as good as Dark Souls.

Jordbo
Mar 5, 2013

Too bad they missed the whole essence of Dark Souls by having no character creation and no fancy-looking armour :colbert: If you're gonna copy something, do it right!

why would anyone want to play as a old bearded 300 lbs man looking like a space marine, where are my skirts and pointy shoes

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Andrast posted:

Dark Souls combat doesn't seem very interesting if most fights don't have the potential to be dangerous.

Well, you wouldn't be first to assume it's solely the difficulty that makes it interesting.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Too bad Dragon's Dogma will never come to the pc. It's a way better Souls-y game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FuzzySlippers posted:

Too bad Dragon's Dogma will never come to the pc. It's a way better Souls-y game.

Dragon's Dogma was such a mess on consoles too. It would really benefit being on a PC.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Mootallica posted:

Everybody else in that thread seems to be a self entitled gently caress wad though.

"I spent $1 on a bundle on a game I've already received, I demand a Steam key :cry: and if you don't 1 million people will spam your page and never buy your game again :cry:"

The devs explicitly promised the buyers steam keys, and the "1 million people" thing was posters pointing out that if you're going to give in and hand out steam keys to everyone who bought the game through Groupees, you should probably work with Groupees to automate that process rather than individually email back and forth with every single customer. People in that thread have actually been incredibly level-headed for the most part, the crying seems to be in your imagination.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Free gently caress A DOG Games Brought to you by Tourette's poo poo! oval office Syndrome

Thomas Was poo poo! loving Alone https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=HkmGBaPRGyeDF4yK
Cube oval office oval office oval office men https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=wYcMKuUu6RnzCmNN
poo poo! Surgeon Simulator gently caress A DOG! https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=VTDBDu84esfe6SNU
oval office SpaceChem poo poo https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=uFhMnmRAnfEXpTh5 gently caress

A DOG

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I feel kinda bad for them because Life of Pixel was on a couple stores and I probably would have bought it or waited if it hadn't been in that bundle.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010

FuzzySlippers posted:

I don't understand, Dragon's Dogma has almost nothing in common with Dark Souls.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

drat it, I feel like some people lurk this thread just for free games. Was sorta looking forward to trying this game out, too :arghfist:

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Is asking for a VPN how-to for Steam regional unlocks taboo? No, I'm not gonna buy poo poo (and get banned for it), just wanting to play a game earlier.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Ulvirich posted:

Is asking for a VPN how-to for Steam regional unlocks taboo? No, I'm not gonna buy poo poo (and get banned for it), just wanting to play a game earlier.

Learn some patience, goon

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

There is no official word for it but generally you can unlock games earlier via VPN with no consequences. However certain titles will keep checking your region while you play so you have to stay VPN connected during gameplay.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Morter posted:

drat it, I feel like some people lurk this thread just for free games. Was sorta looking forward to trying this game out, too :arghfist:

I actually watched to see how fast those links got taken by lurkers. It was literally seconds. Well less than a minute for all of them. I'm almost wondering whether there's some bots set up to trawl the thread or something.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Morter posted:

If it makes you feel any better, that game is really boring.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Also this thread is visible to the public when the paywall isn't up, I think. So potentially LOTS of people/bots could be watching for links and keys.

UntunedGuitar47
Nov 21, 2008

Palpek posted:

There is no official word for it [...]

Steam Subscriber Agreement posted:

You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account.

Sounds pretty official to me.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
PGS thread is so much lower volume though. I might start posting linkdumps in there and mention the fact here in future.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

UntunedGuitar47 posted:

Sounds pretty official to me.
Yeah yeah TOS is not what they enforce though. They only ban for purchases, not activations.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

duckfarts posted:

Learn some patience, goon

Eh, well worth a shot. If I can wait 15 years for a surrogate, I can wait another 15 hours.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Ulvirich posted:

If I can wait 15 years for a surrogate
So, what game is it?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ulvirich posted:

Eh, well worth a shot. If I can wait 15 years for a surrogate, I can wait another 15 hours.

That said 15 minutes of googling will probably get you a free VPN you can connect to and instructions how to do it.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Beyond Earth, and no, my 15 minutes of Googling did not find it, that's why I asked in the thread.

Edit: That being said, I'm not looking for one, so no need to search one up for me.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

FuzzySlippers posted:

Dragon's Dogma is nothing like Dark Souls and LOTF isn't even out, yet.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Sounds like the new Civ game is no Alpha Centauri.

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.
Using a VPN to unlock a game early is fine (I've done it multiple times with no problems). I know a couple free VPN options were mentioned in the Beyond Earth thread.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Tezzeract posted:

Sounds like the new Civ game is no Alpha Centauri.

Haven't they specifically said it wasn't meant to be?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Scalding Coffee posted:

I had to join the beta to make it work because the client is hosed for me. Steam still thinks it is Tuesday. I deleted that blob thing and it didn't work.

It doesn't work in the web version for me either. :saddowns:

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Apparently his Desura keys have "expired", I just learned I got one from that bundle and it told me it was too late to claim it.

I've never seen that before. Wow.

This is an option when you generate keys for Desura, you can make them last forever or set them to expire at a certain date. I have no idea why he would do this as it's not the default behavior for key generation.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Yodzilla posted:

This is an option when you generate keys for Desura, you can make them last forever or set them to expire at a certain date. I have no idea why he would do this as it's not the default behavior for key generation.

If you buy it and it takes you longer than a few months to put it into the system you're probably trying to sell it, or you didn't want the game in the first place.

I do think that time limit is something that should be known about upfront, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Drifter posted:

Haven't they specifically said it wasn't meant to be?

Yeah, but Sid Meier. Sci-fi Civ. C'mon.

Other people are joining non-existent dots and I don't think that Firaxis bothers swatting every bad assumption.

• Locked thread