Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Positronic Spleen posted:

I don't understand, Dragon's Dogma has almost nothing in common with Dark Souls.

It's got similar (but better, imo) combat and a world made for exploration but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

botany posted:

The devs explicitly promised the buyers steam keys, and the "1 million people" thing was posters pointing out that if you're going to give in and hand out steam keys to everyone who bought the game through Groupees, you should probably work with Groupees to automate that process rather than individually email back and forth with every single customer. People in that thread have actually been incredibly level-headed for the most part, the crying seems to be in your imagination.

The promise was done by Groupees, not the devs according to the thread. The dev however agreed to it verbally and never got further word. It's discussed later in that Steam thread. Either way, when entering a business transaction, ALWAYS GET IT WRITTEN.

To their credit, Groupees is pretty poo poo and before Facebook had their "forbid them from posting on your wall" I tied it to my account to save an additional login but then found my page flooded with Groupees poo poo.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hav posted:

Yeah, but Sid Meier. Sci-fi Civ. C'mon.

Other people are joining non-existent dots and I don't think that Firaxis bothers swatting every bad assumption.

quote:

Miller: That’s an easy answer, but I think even if
we had the Alpha Centauri IP available I don’t know if we would’ve decided to do a sequel to it. I mean this is really such a different game, and if you look back at Alpha Centauri and how it’s a companion to Civ 2, or is it Civ 3? It’s a very good companion to those games but I think what we brought to the table with this game is what we’ve learned in the decade since we made that.

I think fundamentally Beyond Earth is a much more optimistic perspective on our future in space. I mean, in Alpha Centauri you get to a planet on the Starship Unity and you’re already at each others throats. It’s kind of a pessimistic way to start everything, but this is a much more optimistic view. And of course there’s conflict, but we wanted to present this aspirational product, and that has influenced a lot of the decision making.

And of course we love Alpha Centauri, we pay homage to that all over the place in this game, but it is a very different game. I’d even, I mean you could say spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri, because we built this game for fans of that game, but it’s different enough that I don’t even think that you can put it in the same [lineage]. It’s a Civ in space, that’s about it. Beyond the winks and nods.
It seemed like they swatted it pretty good, right there.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

That's too bad. A new and updated Alpha Centauri is desperately needed. :(

And who cares about perspectives on the future — I want to drive around in atomic-powered PSI buggies killing worms, dammit!

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Tippis posted:

That's too bad. A new and updated Alpha Centauri is desperately needed. :(

And who cares about perspectives on the future — I want to drive around in atomic-powered PSI buggies killing worms, dammit!

Maybe it'll get closer to it after an expansion are two come out. It kinda happened with Civ 5.

Ultraviper
Jul 26, 2007

I won the 100th Concurrent WOL Jabber Award and All I Got Was This Lousy Title!

Malek posted:

The promise was done by Groupees, not the devs according to the thread. The dev however agreed to it verbally and never got further word. It's discussed later in that Steam thread. Either way, when entering a business transaction, ALWAYS GET IT WRITTEN.

To their credit, Groupees is pretty poo poo and before Facebook had their "forbid them from posting on your wall" I tied it to my account to save an additional login but then found my page flooded with Groupees poo poo.

The agreement was through email. Which is written, not verbal.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Ultraviper posted:

The agreement was through email. Which is written, not verbal.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/327260/discussions/0/619569340994222690/#c619569341029137736 posted:

There was no written agreement, they asked us to be in a bundle, we said OK then. At no point did we agree Steam keys would also be included.

We are really not the bad guys here - we supplied the game to them and that was the only thing they originally asked for. They asked for Desura keys once it was live, which we sent.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/327260/discussions/0/619569340994222690/#c619569341029733149 posted:

@Groupees - no - it was never agreed. I've even just checked through my email log this evening, and there was no email from me ever agreeing to Steam keys.

This is all a complete shock.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/327260/discussions/0/619569340994222690/#c619569341029956145 posted:

Thomas - the only message I got from Thomas was "Hi,

I'm the CEO of Groupees. Thanks for joining the Remute bundle. The Groupees community has asked if we can supply Desura keys to buyers. Would you be willing to do this? Definitely makes things more convenient for everyone if you're updating builds from time to time. Just let me know either way if you can.

Thanks!
Thomas"

And we sent the Desura keys then - a few thousand if I recall. There was a mix-up that the keys expired early, but we replied with a new key to anyone who asked, and will of course continue to do so. We did everything Groupees asked of us.

From a developer perspective this has all come as a huge surprise, we never had any idea Steam keys were expected.

But as I've said, we're a nice bunch - just email us.

And so on. Either the dev is lying or groupees jumped the gun on them. Either way, the dev should have requested a full written contract (e-mail or not) before agreeing just verbally and saying "OK."

Malek fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 23, 2014

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Drifter posted:

It seemed like they swatted it pretty good, right there.

_every_ bad assumption.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Malek posted:

And so on. Either the dev is lying or groupees jumped the gun on them. Either way, the dev should have requested a full written contract (e-mail or not) before agreeing just verbally and saying "OK."

Pretty sure the dev is lying / incompetent, given that the Groupees representative posted multiple times "yes we asked you to provide steam keys, you explicitly agreed, we have the emails where you did this and I've just forwarded them to you, also we contacted you multiple times about this and you ignored us".

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

botany posted:

Pretty sure the dev is lying / incompetent, given that the Groupees representative posted multiple times "yes we asked you to provide steam keys, you explicitly agreed, we have the emails where you did this and I've just forwarded them to you, also we contacted you multiple times about this and you ignored us".

if I was groupees I would probably be pissed at him as they appear to be. from a customer viewpoint though he had agreed to help out groupees buyers with keys even before all the back and forth with groupees happened so I don't really care. guy seems kind of naive but it looks like he's trying to do right by his customers which is what's important to me.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Awesome! posted:

if I was groupees I would probably be pissed at him as they appear to be. from a customer viewpoint though he had agreed to help out groupees buyers with keys even before all the back and forth with groupees happened so I don't really care. guy seems kind of naive but it looks like he's trying to do right by his customers which is what's important to me.

After being publicly called out by the store he was selling his product at (Groupees) you mean, right? He's probably incompetent, not malicious; but given that steam keys are free, he's VERY incompetent.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Did anyone get one of those free XCOM keys from that GMG Golden Joysticks vote?

I did the vote, got the email telling me to claim my copy. I followed the steps, linked my Steam account, it said my key was on the way.

This was a week or two ago. I just got an email telling me "don't forget to claim your key!!" but when I go through the process it says they're processing my request and I should get my key soon.

Anyway I was fine with waiting for it, it just annoys me that they now spam me telling me to claim my key when I've been TRYING to do that.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Malek posted:

I think you skipped over some:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/327260/discussions/0/619569340994222690/#c619569341040776726

quote:

I have forwarded you the email from Christian where he asked specifically if you were ok with providing Steam keys and the reply was yes. If you misunderstood, well ok, but to suggest we did something wrong here is simply unfair. That said, we appreciate you agreeing to provide Steam keys to supporters of the bundle and the game.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/327260/discussions/0/619569340994222690/#c619569341040776726

Groupees posted:

It's tough for everyone, and we all make mistakes. If you make a mistake, own it and don't put it on others. That's not right. You were told about the banner, specifically, and you said that was fine and agreed to give Steam keys. That's all in emails. Also, post promotion, we contacted you multiple times about the Steam issue and you never replied to any of the emails, never suggested you did not understand or attempt to address this, rather you simply ignored the emails. And now, in a public forum, you post this nonsense, intimating that we did something wrong here when in fact we did no such thing. Sorry, but that's not ok. Our community supported you, and whether you understand it or not, your presence on Steam is a huge opportunity over time for which you should be grateful and focusing on that. I would strongly encourage you to discontinue replying in the manner that you have. It's unfair, unseemly and unproductive. Focus your energies on your game and future games. That's what everyone would like to see.

Seems like they were actually asked if they wanted to give Steam keys.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hav posted:

_every_ bad assumption.
Heh.
I forgot the fanbase, you're right.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

triplexpac posted:

I did the vote, got the email telling me to claim my copy. I followed the steps, linked my Steam account, it said my key was on the way.

This was a week or two ago. I just got an email telling me "don't forget to claim your key!!" but when I go through the process it says they're processing my request and I should get my key soon.

Anyway I was fine with waiting for it, it just annoys me that they now spam me telling me to claim my key when I've been TRYING to do that.

Yup - got mine. Took a week or two though after I voted.

the email was from helpdesk@greenmangaming.com

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

triplexpac posted:

I got mine pretty quickly but initial email I received did mention that it could take a week or two.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Kragger99 posted:

Yup - got mine. Took a week or two though after I voted.

the email was from helpdesk@greenmangaming.com

Ok thanks! I've sent them an email, maybe they'll clear it up.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
The Shopkeeper just released http://store.steampowered.com/app/324610/ which appears to be a cute drawn CYOA Point-and-Click. There's a few guys in the thread that love these type of games and it's fairly cheap at under 3EUR. I haven't found much information beyond the store page, other than a single dev note discussing multiple paths.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mokinokaro posted:

It's got similar (but better, imo) combat and a world made for exploration but that's about it.

The combat has more to do with a hack and slash or a brawler, and also you can climb on big things to stab them in the eye. Or have someone launch you onto them using their sword. Dragon's Dogma's great.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Speaking of groupees, is anything in Be Mine 15 special?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

I didn't, he responded saying he didn't get any E-Mails as per my post. Just when I went with Groupees (as a customer, not a dev mind you) they pulled some stupid marketing poo poo on me so I'm more than a bit bias against them so I gave the dev (probably too much) benefit for the doubt. Either way, yeah, dev is not the brightest (probably naive / ignorant but curable. Hopefully.)

Also, on that argument, if Groupees sent him E-Mails asking and received no response, isn't it presumptuous of Groupees to think it implies "yes" at no response?

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
Dragons dogma is way more hack and slash. It's pretty good, but the combat is pretty simple and flashy more than precision based like a souls game.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

:spooky: The 31 Days Many Games of October :spooky:

Challenge Games
1. Alien: Isolation
2. Year Walk
3. Deadlight
4. Adventures of Shuggy
5. Atom Zombie Smasher
6. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
7. Infected: The Twin Vaccine - Collector's Edition
8. How to Survive
9. 1953 - KGB Unleashed
10. Burn Zombie Burn!
11. Home
12. Huntsman: The Orphanage (Halloween Edition)
13. Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi
14. Scarygirl
15. I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
16. Closure
17. Alien Breed 2: Assault
18. F.E.A.R. Online

Bonus Games
A. Painkiller: Black Edition
B. The Void
C. Shadowgrounds
D. Haunted Memories
E. Serena
F. The Forgotten Ones

-----------------

19. Ghostship Aftermath

Of all the games I've played for this roundup so far, this one is the most interesting. It's very clearly a passion project that pushes some major boundaries, but also suffers for its ambition. Strap in 'cause I'm going over this one in meticulous detail. It deserves the attention.

Ghostship Aftermath is the story of a two-man crew that comes across a huge derelict spaceship in the middle of nowhere. You are the adventurous one, donning a bulky spacesuit and delving into the ship only to very quickly discover that things have gone terribly wrong. Your partner stays behind to guide you in his impossibly snarky way, but is soon cut off by the ship's AI who warns you that your partner may not be who you think they are. Your job, then, is to survive the perils of the derelict while siding with either the man or machine to bring an end to the deadly infestation aboard. It's an interesting premise, and feels heavily informed by 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The ship itself is a labyrinthine mess of halls and hatches. Much of it is locked down in the wake of the disaster that left it drifting, but it is so huge that the parts still open feel overwhelming. The ship is split into four sections, each with seven decks and plenty of elevators, stairs, and sublevels between them. Here the game feels like an open-world System Shock, with armories and medbays and cargo holds and engineering compartments to explore. Fortunately your allies provide you verbal guidance to your objectives, which you REALLY need to pay attention to because it is quite easy to get lost.

There's a remarkable level of detail in parts of the ship, as well. The halls and chambers can get a bit samey, but smaller elements like debris and signage are worth paying attention to. Of particular note are the computer displays around the ship, which ALWAYS feature readable information. I'm not sure how useful any of it is, but it's a fantastic addition. You also experience the entire game through your suit, which has a HUD reminiscent of the cockpit in Descent. It's a little distracting, but once you get used to the size and locations of useful info it's good for immersion.

Once you get the AI switched back on and the ship warms up, you find out this has roused the monsters that killed the crew as well. You're directed to a weapon which is effective but has VERY little ammo available. While combat is an option, you really need to run from what you can and save your shots for the things you CAN'T run from. I encountered three kinds of enemies as I played. One was slow but prevalent, easy to escape but I always had to be on the lookout for. Another was small and fast but easy to dispatch. And the third was quick and dangerous and had to be dealt with before it tore me apart. The creatures are scattered around the ship, just common enough to keep you on edge every time you turn a corner. I had a fantastic experience after I grabbed the weapon and was moving to another part of the ship. As I got to the airlock to the next section, I heard some kind of creature behind me. I ran and triggered the doors, and when I turned to look I saw the shadows of something lumbering down the hall. The airlock shut just as they were about to cross the threshold. The whole thing gave me shivers.

All of this combines into a package that should rival the likes of Alien: Isolation... A huge open ship, a variety of monsters roaming the decks, NPCs you can't fully trust, and an atmospheric, immersive environment. And maybe if it was made by a AAA studio it would have been. But as I said, this was very clearly a passion project, and in this case that sadly takes more from the game than it adds.

The game's engine is terrible. There's really no getting around this one, I'm afraid. It looks good to be sure, but everything outside the graphical polish is clunky to the point of being unworkable. The first warning sign was the options. Instead of a menu, it is a QUESTIONNAIRE, to be completed one option at a time. You can only pick one of two resolutions, neither of which were optimal for my displacy (1680x1050). Furthermore, the controls cannot be rebound. If you want to change something that isn't on the quiz, you're out of luck, and anytime you want to change one of those options you have to go back through and make all your choices again.

Within the game, movement is the biggest problem. I know you're supposed to be in a clunky space suit and all, but this ship is HUGE and you tromp around at less than human walking speed. There is a sprint but you run out of stamina quickly and the view shakes so much that I literally got motion sick and had to stop playing. It's surprisingly easy to get hung up on geometry, and walking over debris on the floor can make you pop into the air or wiggle up and down like the game doesn't know where to settle you. The worst part is that this can affect the monsters as well, killing any sort of horror or tension they impart. Remember I mentioned a quick, deadly enemy that attacked me? The first time it pounced at me, it got stuck in the wall and stayed there for a whole 30 seconds, swinging at me impotently until it dislodged itself. All the terror I felt when it first attacked evaporated instantly.

There are other annoyances, like strangely sticky mouse controls that slow way down as you move the view across eye level. Your weapon has a fixed aim at a point that is NOT the center of the screen and that you have to hold RMB to display the actual reticule for. There's no indication of what items can be picked up and interacted with, which can lead to some serious DOOM-style-secret-door-hunting wall humping. The writing is extremely amateurish and the voiceovers do it no favors, taking a lot of wind out of the interesting setup between your partner and the AI (the AI isn't bad though, having a cold, mechanical delivery to very clinical lines).

But perhaps most damning of all is how the huge, open-world nature of the game actually works against itself. For as huge and detailed as the ship is, you're stuck traipsing through it at a snail's pace, struggling to remember where you're going or figuring out how to get there, and desperately looking for things to interact with because they are few and far between. Your first task for the AI is to get one of the ship's reactor's online. If you take the most direct route, you discover that the stairs in the Engineering section are blocked and you have to backtrack to another section to get into the sublevel access. This is after walking the length of the ship and waiting through 3-4 loading screens as you traverse each section. There are entirely too many loading screens as you play, having to sit through one every time you move between sections, decks, or key areas. I think there's something like 4 load screens just getting from your ship to the derelict in the intro, where all you do is put on your suit and exit the airlock.

I honestly wish this was a better game. I think there's a good game in here, buried under a bad engine and suspect design choices. But this goes beyond something like The Witcher 1 or the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R., where a little patience will reward you with a deep and fascinating game. I just can't imagine putting the time in to learn the lay of the ship and how to deal with all the janky creatures. Not when Alien: Isolation hits all the same notes and does them so much better.

20. Hell Yeah!

If you're still reading after all that, let's talk about a weird little platformer before you go. I was worried Hell Yeah! would be the least Halloweeny game on my original list, but it has enough blood and hellfire to count, I think. You play Ash, the skeletal bunny prince of Hell. Your dad croaked and some rear end in a top hat demon took scandalous photos of you so your mandate to rule is in question. The story is dumb and the humor errs on the side of trying too hard, but it's a good enough setup for murdering tons of demons. Which is your goal, killing 100 demons in all kinds of gruesome ways. Your main weapon is a sawblade (they call it a jetpack and I have no idea why) that lets you kill normal enemies by touching them and wear down the big named monsters. Once you wear them down you get a little WarioWare-style minigame to finish them off in some bloody, goofy way.

The platforming is solid, though the emphasis seems more on exploring to find money and secrets for upgrades than on fighting. Combat really is mostly a non-issue since you kill things by touching them and you have a ridiculous amount of health. It's colorful and cute and a little gross and has a ton to unlock, so it's not bad if you want a light platformer with some goofy style.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Malek posted:

Also, on that argument, if Groupees sent him E-Mails asking and received no response, isn't it presumptuous of Groupees to think it implies "yes" at no response?
Absolutely, but as far as I can read, the dev actually gave the go ahead and only after the bundle was done did he not answer Groupees.

Anyway, it seems like he gave in and wants to fix the situation now, which I believe is the only way to put out the fire. He might even get some goodwill back if he sorts it out fast.

I'm still amazed at how many indie developers are messing up when it comes to bundles and keys. It's as if they live in a bubble and don't look at anything else but their game and do a bit research first. At least network around and talk to other indie devs about their experiences.
I guess they are just blinded by the fact that if they can get on Steam, they'll be "counting their stacks of money" as someone famously said.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I probably shouldn't have brought it up, sorry.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Dr Suntory posted:

After being publicly called out by the store he was selling his product at (Groupees) you mean, right?
no, on the 2nd page of that thread before groupees had posted at all.

quote:

That said though, and bearing in mind our very limited time resources, if you are a Groupees buyer and desperately want a Steam key - email support@supericon.co.uk and we'll talk.

We got our fingers burned badly with Groupees, but we don't want to upset anyone.

now granted, this isn't "all groupees buyers email us for a steam key" like it turned into later in the thread but it's reasonable enough for me considering he still didn't think groupees had even asked him for steam keys at all.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Deep Silver Weekend Sale

Metro 2033 Last Light Redux - $14.99
Metro 2033 Redux - $14.99
Metro Redux Bundle - $24.99

Dead Island Collection (DI, DI Riptide, & DLC) - $7.49

Saints Row Franchise Pack (SR2, SR3, SR4, & DLC) - $13.74
Saints Row 2 - $2.49
Saints Row 3 - $3.74
Saints Row 4 - $6.79

Risen 2 - $4.99
Risen 3 - $33.49

Sacred 2 Gold - $4.99

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

My favourite part is when he edits Groupee's reply to mention emailing him for keys.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Sacred 2 Gold is also part of that Deep Silver sale for $5. If you want an off-beat Diablo clone you could do much worse.

Avoid Sacred 3 like the plague, though.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Gunpoint's 80% off if you missed the Bundle it was in.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.
sorry to dredge up the Rage fury again, but does it have multiplayer? MP Campaign? I know it's not a very good game, but if it has that, it might be fun to drag it out and play with the wife.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

yegods posted:

sorry to dredge up the Rage fury again, but does it have multiplayer? MP Campaign? I know it's not a very good game, but if it has that, it might be fun to drag it out and play with the wife.

It has a co-op horde mode arena thing and you can race cars competitively.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Dragons dogma is way more hack and slash. It's pretty good, but the combat is pretty simple and flashy more than precision based like a souls game.

There's also the part where there's no skill gating, but numerical. I remember getting into a mine and being oneshot by bandits, when an hour or so ago I had killed hydras and ogres.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Azran posted:

There's also the part where there's no skill gating, but numerical. I remember getting into a mine and being oneshot by bandits, when an hour or so ago I had killed hydras and ogres.

There is TONs of skill gating. Those shield bandits are bullshit and probably the only thing you can't really take on early in but that's more a balance issue.

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -

Kibayasu posted:

It has a co-op horde mode arena thing and you can race cars competitively.

I'm pretty sure the co-op mode is a story/campaign missions thing.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

My favourite part is when he edits Groupee's reply to mention emailing him for keys.

Man, I have no sympathy for this rear end in a top hat. At this point, if you put your game in a bundle, people are going to EXPECT a Steam key if you get greenlit. You don't want to give people who supported your game a key? Don't be in a bundle.

I feel like this should have happened to enough whiny developers by this point.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Arma 3 free weekend! But I can't seem to find HOW to install it though. If I click the "click here" in the main page, it sends me to the game page. If I play "Play", it gets stuck in the main page. :(

Mokinokaro posted:

There is TONs of skill gating. Those shield bandits are bullshit and probably the only thing you can't really take on early in but that's more a balance issue.

Haha, look at my rotten luck then. :v: It was also interesting how size/weight affected gameplay.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Even if he truly believes everything he's writing, he's just another idiot dev that can't get it through his thick skull that a situation like this will cost him way more than the imagined money he would potentially get. Will people who feel like they already bought his game in a bundle pay the full price to get it again? No. Might people who are potentially interested in his game get discouraged by lovely PR? Yes. I have no idea what he even thinks he's even fighting for, in moments like this you suck it up to end up being the good guy.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So has there been much talk about Lords of the Fallen lately? It's coming out next Tuesday and looks like what would happen if Dark Souls had a baby with Blizzard's artists. I'm looking really forward to it personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Is bringing up games people were literally just talking about a running joke in this thread or something?

• Locked thread