Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

well I hosed up my kotr and overslept so I lost in the first round when I should have coasted to the finals in epic :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm dying.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I have two UR Mark Henry's but I can't combine them. One's a bald one I got as a drop, and the other one has dreads and I got him in a KOTR.

One might be the PCC version, which is technically a different version, like how ladder UR Paige and regular UR Paige can't combine.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Genericide posted:

If some of those details are slightly wrong, we're in the same KOTR.

might've been. I lost in the final and my avatar is Mr Perfect, other dude (who lost 2 games all tourney) was using Ultimate Warrior.

and my reward for getting smoked in the final? Undertaker. I'll take it.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Amazon updated my 360 pre-order to "estimated delivery December 5, 2014". Checked a few other places and it seems like a number have greyed out their 360 pre-order capabilities specifically. This game might do well?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

Amazon updated my 360 pre-order to "estimated delivery December 5, 2014". Checked a few other places and it seems like a number have greyed out their 360 pre-order capabilities specifically. This game might do well?
This MIGHT be a bit of a small sample size, but I am buying a PS4 for this game.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Nice that Graves gets to be in a game when his career got cut short so early (not sarcastic). Can't imagine the royalties are gonna be that great, though. I wonder if you can set him as a manager... or whether you can make managers in general?

Either the body models are weird or there's some perspective error with the camera on that angle - you get the same effect on Graves' torso there that you got on the previously released Hulk Hogan pic (the one with the feather boas). The ribcages seem distended.

Anyway, nice detail on the turnbuckles, and Zayn's face seems on-point. All of them do.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is there a confirmed report on Graves retiring?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Almost certain Meltzer reported it, said they still wanted to keep them around for backstage stuff, besides the fact that firing someone after career ending concussions would be a very bad PR move. I think it was around the time of the fan Axxess (or however they spell it) event.

There's probably some objective metric by which they decide who's had enough concussions and who's good to get back into the saddle. Wonder what they have him doing. If he kept up on his mic work there's no reason he couldn't be a Lefort-style manager

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I still say they should have him be like Solomon Crowe's manager, they both like skeevy assholes who will mug you in a dark alleyway.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I read something from this week on Graves being at an NXT Live event to pump up the crowd. Hopefully he can be a manager and do some behind the scenes things too.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

I never knew I wanted to see Vader bodyslam someone out of an office window so bad until now. :stare:

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Last year some friends and I tried playing MDickie games and it was one of the most hilarious experiences of my life. They weren't good, but they were so weird and broken that funny poo poo kept happening and we couldn't stop. I'm happy he's still making games.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I think my favorite part is when the referee, after being smacked around by Vader, continues trying to count out the guy that just got thrown out a loving window.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

AlmightyPants posted:

Last year some friends and I tried playing MDickie games and it was one of the most hilarious experiences of my life. They weren't good, but they were so weird and broken that funny poo poo kept happening and we couldn't stop. I'm happy he's still making games.

This is pretty much MDickie in a nutshell. His games aren't great but in terms of sheer insanity they are the best.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

WWE Games Twitter posted:

#WWE2K15 Fact: None of the DLC is on disc with the exception of Sting (Pre-order), Hogan (Hulkamania Edition), Accelerator and Season Pass.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Congrats to 2K I guess?
The last gen versions should have gone to press by now, right? But I guess they can just release a 20 gig day one patch.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ugh I am on supercard tilt.

Legend KOTR semifinals,

My team: Max Epic pro (Booker T + Austin tag), Bray, Legend pro (but low level) Eddie, Legendary Natty
His: 3 trash, Epic Pro Warrior, Epic Pro diva.

His diva and my tag team auto-wins, and I win any combination of singles that isn't his warrior vs. my Bray, which he beats in 2/4 stats (and ties in another).

No Diva match? I win
No Warrior selected in singles? I win
His Warrior matches vs. Eddie? I win
His Warrior loses or ties vs. Bray? I still win

I lost 2-0 :mad:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I call bullshit already. Note that they say 'Season Pass', which means the three story packages + Paige are on the disc. If the extra moves and other wrestlers—the content not included under the seaosn pass, which is a stupid notion unto itself—aren't on the disc from launch then they'll be having to force everybody to download that data anyway for the sake of online compatibility.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

People still care about what DLC is or isn't on the disc? It's not like you'd get it for free either way, it was earmarked to be sold to you months ago.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
There is a marked difference between a company bothering to pretend they've gone to some extra effort to get additional money from you and a company which doesn't even respect its customers enough to pretend not to gouge them. If you hand over £45, $60 or however much for a game disc, you expect to be able to make use of everything on that game disc. Being asked to pay an additional £20, $40 or whatever in order to be granted access to parts of a disc you already bought is an ongoing outrage.

Publishers and developers could make all the content, take it all off the disc and make everybody download it wholly and you know what, that would at least be far less of a slap in the face. As it is it's just a plain, direct insult to the people who these companies rely on: holding areas of the disc to ransom and pretending it's some kind of service.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Oh cool, this discussion.

People who complain about DLC in any loving way other than just going "I'm not going to pay for that" bug the poo poo out of me. Yes. They are trying to get more money out of you. It is a video game, no one gives a gently caress about your outrage at being charged more money for it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Just pretend this is the old days, and you paid $60 for the shareware version of WWE 2K15 and if you give them another $30 you can unlock the rest!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Just pretend this is the old days, and you paid $60 for the shareware version of WWE 2K15 and if you give them another $30 you can unlock the rest!

But only if you promise to give it out to all your friends and tell them how great it is.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

pressedbunny posted:

Being asked to pay an additional £20, $40 or whatever in order to be granted access to parts of a disc you already bought is an ongoing outrage.

The fact that you frame the concept like this shows your disconnect from the reality of how games are made and pretty much invalidates your entire argument.

You'd buy it if it weren't ON the disc? Even though there's a 99.999% chance the content was done at the same time as the game development in the first place, because that's how software development from pretty much every developer that hires people on a per-project contract basis works, you do realize right?

The fact that it's on a disc shouldn't come into the argument. Additional content is a design strategy. You suckers keep paying for it. They'll keep making it.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i can't believe that dlc has been a thing for like eight or nine years now and its something people still argue about

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I pay for DLC on games like the WWE ones because I know I will be using it enough for it to matter. If I'm only popping in WWE to play through the single player once and occasionally play multiplayer with friends, then I wouldn't be paying for it. But since I really enjoy creating my own shows and feuds in Universe, its worth it to have the extra characters, moves, and everything else that comes with them.

It seems especially stupid to complain about DLC in a game like WWE 2K15, when if you don't want to pay for it, you can pretty easily find a pretty good CAW via other people's creations online. Same could be said for not paying for additional feuds and just downloading created storylines online. With the amount of free content made available through their creation tools, the WWE games would actually be one of the last games I would be complaining about locking some content away via DLC.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

New People's Challenge is Ambrose v Rollins

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Sockser posted:

New People's Challenge is Ambrose v Rollins

Those midcard geeks? Why not give us the real main event!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to having to download several gigs of DLC, but apparently people still care whether it's on the disk or not. :shrug:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Holy hell how did I never know that Supercard used the accelerometer to alter the display of your cards? AFK, shaking my phone to make Seamus dance.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It's not that DLC exists, it is how it is dished out (or rather, ransomed) that is the issue.

Telex posted:

The fact that you frame the concept like this shows your disconnect from the reality of how games are made and pretty much invalidates your entire argument.

You'd buy it if it weren't ON the disc? Even though there's a 99.999% chance the content was done at the same time as the game development in the first place, because that's how software development from pretty much every developer that hires people on a per-project contract basis works, you do realize right?
Not wishing to go all "my uncle owns Nintendo and he told me the N64 2 is coming out next month!", but I do personally know a lot of people in the games industry, including publishers, developers and press. Hell, I've even helped cover a couple of events for a certain large games site. So yes, I am fully aware of how these things are made and why they're made as they are. That does not make these practices okay and it does not mean not liking such practices is unjustifiable.

And, so...

quote:

The fact that it's on a disc shouldn't come into the argument. Additional content is a design strategy. You suckers keep paying for it. They'll keep making it.
... Is missing the point.

This content is made. When is irrelevant; it would be nice to think a developer focuses solely on the primary content and only begins working on the additional content after the game has shipped, but we all know that's not how it works. How it is delivered to the player is what is important.
Making it an actual download, even if the content was finished long before the game shipped, treats the customer with at least a base level of respect. You paid your money for the game disc, you got everything on that disc; if you wish to pay more money to recieve extra stuff, here's that option.
Not bothering to even humour the consumer and instead just putting everything on a disc and locking parts of it away to be released later at an additional fee is holding parts of the game to ransom. In this instance the developer and publisher are treating the consumer with contempt; it is saying that the customer is too stupid to know that they already have the data sitting in their disc tray so let's gouge them for extra cash so they can use something they already own.

Thankfully for myself and anybody else within the EU, advertising laws here are changing so publishers have to clearly inform consumers that some data is being locked off, rather than it being pitched as additional data to add on. Similarly, 'free to play' games will shortly no longer be able to be advertised as such if they include micro-transactions. North America is going to remain hosed in both regards, though.

To put it in terms you may find more sympathetic, imagine you ordered WrestleMania at the normal, full PPV price (what is it, $60 or so for WM in HD now?), but then once the show is on you find out that the feed cuts out during the middle two matches on the card until you pay another $20. You'd cry bullshit, right?
Now imagine you paid your $60 for the WM HD feed and then a message pops up saying you have the option to pay another $20 to see two more matches as a post-show bonus.
In both cases, those two matches are going to happen regardless of whether you pay to see them or not. The same people will get in the same ring and have the same matches they were always booked to have. The difference between the two instances is that in one version the WWE is trying to strongarm you into paying even more for something you've already bought and in the other case they're offering to sell you something extra. Same matches, same show, same time, different tact and delivery method. One feels like an outrageous slap in the face, the other seems like a pleasant consideration.

Now replace 'WWE' with '2K', 'WrestleMania' with 'WWE 2k15' and swap 'matches' for 'modes' and 'characters'.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

You need medication.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

pressedbunny posted:

To put it in terms you may find more sympathetic, imagine you ordered WrestleMania at the normal, full PPV price (what is it, $60 or so for WM in HD now?), but then once the show is on you find out that the feed cuts out during the middle two matches on the card until you pay another $20. You'd cry bullshit, right?
Now imagine you paid your $60 for the WM HD feed and then a message pops up saying you have the option to pay another $20 to see two more matches as a post-show bonus.

DLC isn't like the Wrestlemania feed cutting out halfway through the broadcast and holding you up for more money. You can still enjoy all the modes and features of WWE 2K15 you just can't play as our waifu Paige or some indie geeks.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

pressedbunny posted:

In both cases, those two matches are going to happen regardless of whether you pay to see them or not. The same people will get in the same ring and have the same matches they were always booked to have. The difference between the two instances is that in one version the WWE is trying to strongarm you into paying even more for something you've already bought and in the other case they're offering to sell you something extra. Same matches, same show, same time, different tact and delivery method. One feels like an outrageous slap in the face, the other seems like a pleasant consideration.

Now replace 'WWE' with '2K', 'WrestleMania' with 'WWE 2k15' and swap 'matches' for 'modes' and 'characters'.

Except it's never the first scenario and always the second. You already know what you're paying for with WWE2K15 upfront, and that's a disc with some locked content on it. It's not like you're going to fire up the disc and be surprised, or you shouldn't be, since the locked content is public knowledge that should be a factor in any rational person's decision to purchase or not.

To use your analogy, this would be WWE saying, prior to you purchasing Wrestlemania, that those two matches are only available to someone who pays the extra $20. If that's distasteful, don't buy Mania.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
You're all gonna buy it anyways.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gas. new thread for games without card and DLC chat ty

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

epitasis posted:

gas. new thread for games without card and DLC chat ty

Just wait for 2k15 to come out on Tuesday and we will all be complaining about different crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.
DLC stands for downloadable content. Why is any of it already on the disc?