Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W424
Oct 21, 2010

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Who is the guy next to Mandela?

King Diamond lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:

ABC actually used this as B roll in their coverage of that storm.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

This is how Victoria likes him now

e:f,b

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Haruharuharuko posted:

I am sitting here behind my desk actively wiping tears of laughter away from my face and there is not a person in probably a 30 mile radius that I could possibly explain why without sounding like a crazy person.

:blush: I don't get it.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Beach Bum posted:

The previous pictures are references to Seinfeld

In one episode he forgets the name of the woman he is dating, but he knows that it rhymes with a part of the female anatomy.

At the end of the episode he keeps coming up with the wrong name by guessing, and she leaves. As she makes it out to the street he figures it out and shouts out her name: "DOLORES!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vq5-dRYp-c - Better answer

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Beach Bum posted:

It's ok, Seinfeld wasn't funny, there's really nothing to get.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Memento posted:

It's ok, Seinfeld wasn't funny, there's really nothing to get.

I just want you to know, if you ever wondered whether you're alone in the world, you're not.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Morgan Freeman

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Funny Seinfeld comes up, I just went to the walk-in clinic and there was a little toddler named Seven there. My guess is it's either a Seinfeld reference or the parents were trying to be unique.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Jose Valasquez posted:

Morgan Freeman

Ha ha, them black guys all looks the same! :911:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't know if you're taking the piss but Nelson Mandela did vaguely look like Morgan Freeman (it's mostly the hair) and also Morgan Freeman played Nelson Mandela in the movie Invictus which is what the joke is.

I never really can tell with this thread anymore.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Toriori posted:

Funny Seinfeld comes up, I just went to the walk-in clinic and there was a little toddler named Seven there. My guess is it's either a Seinfeld reference or the parents were trying to be unique.

Did they look like Trekkies?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

syscall girl posted:

Did they look like Trekkies?

Something something Aatrek joke

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Nobody says clitoris like that anyway.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Toriori posted:

I thought Seven was the kid towards the end of Married With Children.

Yep. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0642324/

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Toriori posted:

Seven was also the name of the little kid that was added to Married... With Children for a single, painful season.

Edit: ^^ Guess I let it sit too long before I hit submit.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Toriori posted:

If you left the clinic without teaching that kid to say "what's in the box? WHAT'S IN THE BOX?" you're a monster

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Whaddup.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Toriori posted:

Dude, we have just established that Seinfeld isn't funny.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Frostwerks posted:

Dude, we have just established that Seinfeld isn't funny.

I will fight you.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
That show sucked balls and there wasn't a single funny loving moment in it during its entire run

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

That show sucked balls and there wasn't a single funny loving moment in it during its entire run

When you're right, you're right. And you, you're right.

Equine Don posted:

I will fight you.

Come at us bro. Seinfeld sucked, Jerry himself has some talent as a comedian but it's pretty clear no one else on that show had any, considering all the success (lol) they had afterwards.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I won't fight you

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Memento posted:

Come at us bro. Seinfeld sucked, Jerry himself has some talent as a comedian but it's pretty clear no one else on that show had any, considering all the success (lol) they had afterwards.

Jerry's own material sucks balls, and his acting was not good. Larry David was the real talent but the show was afflicted by the gay 90's trends of glib saccharin sarcasm that made Friends &c so loving insufferable.

I might be biased because I read Seinlanguage in jail and wow that was excruciating.

Kramer had some good moments and George was Larry's stand in afaik, so he went from being a minor sociopath to killing his fiancé and trying to profit from it. And they all ended up in prison so things turned out all right.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Seinfeld was an objectively funny show.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

trapped mouse posted:

Seinfeld has some great moments and lines but I find the show as a whole pretty much painful to watch. I get that the characters being all terrible people is kind of the point, but it's done a bit too well. (I have the same problem with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for what it's worth.)

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

trapped mouse posted:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dewgy posted:

Seinfeld has some great moments and lines but I find the show as a whole pretty much painful to watch. I get that the characters being all terrible people is kind of the point, but it's done a bit too well. (I have the same problem with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for what it's worth.)

Sorry that you can't like what are some of the funniest shows on television I guess

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dewgy posted:

This but for some reason I find Seinfeld tolerable where It's Always Sunny just makes me turn it off. I mean I get it's objectively well-done comedy but I'm just not able to tolerate people like that on-screen.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone give their unique and insightful opinions on Seinfeld for the next five pages.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I was a big Seinfeld fan, but I hadn't seen it in a few years.

I've caught it in syndication recently, and it has not aged well. Especially the earlier years. The Jerry-George rapid-fire conversations which are usually the biggest part of the episode are grating as often as they're entertaining. I think the first few seasons don't really hold up at all.

I've also realized that I think Elaine is way funnier than I ever gave her credit for. Her character makes me laugh more than anyone's when I watch it now.

Captain Lavender has a new favorite as of 02:44 on Oct 24, 2014

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Arguing about personal taste again, good job guys.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Sorry that you can't like what are some of the funniest shows on television I guess

I actually do feel kind of bad about it. I know it's got quality moments, just totally rubs me the wrong way. Luckily I have friends and the internet for the highlights. :shrug:

Captain Lavender posted:

I was a big Seinfeld fan, but I hadn't seen it in a few years.

I've caught it in syndication recently, and it has not aged well. Especially the earlier years. The Jerry-George rapid-fire conversations which are usually the biggest part of the episode are grating as often as they're entertaining. I think the first few seasons don't really hold up at all.

I've also realized that I think Elaine is way funnier than I ever gave her credit for. Her character makes me laugh more than anyone's when I watch it now.

Like this!

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Picnic Princess posted:

Arguing about personal taste again, good job guys.

Do Goons ever stop doing that? We're all the guardians of what true humor is.

More of those crowd pranks from Japan (includes the smoke room).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SABmz153dLA

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Erebus posted:

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone give their unique and insightful opinions on Seinfeld for the next five pages.

wait this works?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Elaine in the later years was objectively incredibly fine.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

oldpainless posted:

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Never liked Seinfeld, but I like Curb Your Enthusiasm. I think because that kind of comedy works better in a more realistically acted way, not all broad and sitcom-y with a laugh track and wacky bass riff transitions.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

oldpainless posted:

She was always incredibly fine Julia Louis-Dreyfuss just insisted on some of the worst hairstyles of all time for most of the show's run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Memento posted:

lol OK dude

• Locked thread