Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I've started collecting Heart Containers since it's as good of an excuse as any to replay older stages and get materials. Also I don't have any more weapons or costumes to unlock, so gotta use these items on something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Finally got Darunia's rank 3 weapon thanks to some of the advice posted here. Ignoring Ganondorf and focusing on capturing the keeps helped a lot. Also, for some reason the Manhandla stalks never appeared.

I also beat the rank 3 baton mission on my first try. That was way easier than any other rank 3 mission, even though the baton sucks / I'm bad with it.

Anyway, does anyone know where the Skulltulas that complete the giant bosses illustration are? I only need one more - one of them was on the square directly to the left of the starting square, but I forgot where I got the second one. I've gotten all of the other Skulltulas around that area but none of them were for the giant bosses illustration.

Dunban fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 23, 2014

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Oxyclean posted:

On that subject, I'm still hoping the new weapon is Link's Spinner. Give it dark element so link can have access to every element.

Nah. Fierce Deity Mask would be a better dark element weapon for him.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shadowlyger posted:

Nah. Fierce Deity Mask would be a better dark element weapon for him.

Wonder if if Fierce Deity is used they will give him the beam sword ability? Could always mix some elements of it with the Skyward Sword beam sword if they need additional stuff for it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm missing one puzzle piece on the picture with Sheik/Ruto/Darunia and it's driving me nuts because they all have materials I need.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
All I've got only one weapon left on the adventure map, and its lanas level 3 summoning gate. I took a crack at it last night using Ruto p2 and ended up losing the A rank by 8 seconds. :saddowns:

Gonna just play it using Lana when I get off work tonight. I'm not sure why I tried to cheese it in the first place, I love the summoning gate.

Around when should I go deal with ghirahim? He's really out of the way, I feel like I should just be capping keeps while waiting for the call for help.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

Around when should I go deal with ghirahim? He's really out of the way, I feel like I should just be capping keeps while waiting for the call for help.

Do not kill Girahim, he is there purely to waste your time. Unleash some summons on him, ideally killing the Dinolfos with him, and then book it for the guys you actually have to kill. If you just deal a bit of damage you don't have to worry about him at all because your allies will kill him for you.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Do not kill Girahim, he is there purely to waste your time. Unleash some summons on him, ideally killing the Dinolfos with him, and then book it for the guys you actually have to kill. If you just deal a bit of damage you don't have to worry about him at all because your allies will kill him for you.

Okay, thought so. I lost like 30 seconds the first time I tried when I moved Lana up to the far NE keep and parked her there. It's the only safe spot, but it's also too far to go and stay in the time limit.

I didn't kill ghirahim with ruto, but I did spend a little time whittling him down and offing his buddies.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm doing a mission near the upper right that has both a heart piece and container for Midna, and having trouble getting an A, which I need to unlock the panels next to it. It's on Death Mountain and you are fighting Darunia, Sheik and Ruto. Right after you start, two gold cuccos spawn in one of your keeps and start fighting, and if you don't stop them, they take over the keep. Meanwhile, Ruto is coming up the east side, Sheik up the west, and the Western keep is spawning high morale Dinolfoses.

The first time I ignored the cuccos and they took my keep, which wasted my time. While I dealt with them, Dinolfoses and Sheik busted through my keep on the other side of my home base. The second time, I killed the poes immediately south of the base then went to my keep to deal with the cuccos. It trapped me in the keep and those loving chickens took forever to kill. I was over time by like, 30 seconds. Is there a better strategy for this?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I'm doing a mission near the upper right that has both a heart piece and container for Midna, and having trouble getting an A, which I need to unlock the panels next to it. It's on Death Mountain and you are fighting Darunia, Sheik and Ruto. Right after you start, two gold cuccos spawn in one of your keeps and start fighting, and if you don't stop them, they take over the keep. Meanwhile, Ruto is coming up the east side, Sheik up the west, and the Western keep is spawning high morale Dinolfoses.

The first time I ignored the cuccos and they took my keep, which wasted my time. While I dealt with them, Dinolfoses and Sheik busted through my keep on the other side of my home base. The second time, I killed the poes immediately south of the base then went to my keep to deal with the cuccos. It trapped me in the keep and those loving chickens took forever to kill. I was over time by like, 30 seconds. Is there a better strategy for this?

Honestly? Just let the cuccoos have the keeps.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The mission for Zelda's 8 bit weapon I don't know how to do without running out of time. The Imprisoned just takes 10 minutes to take down.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

bobjr posted:

The mission for Zelda's 8 bit weapon I don't know how to do without running out of time. The Imprisoned just takes 10 minutes to take down.

That was probably one of the toughest to A-rank. Just remember that a special attack will blow all his toes at once, and that you usually want to save your specials until he's nearly dead because the red shockwaves hurt more and are harder to avoid than the white ones. Just rush in, spam B until you have to dodge away, and repeat. It took about 6 minutes for me to beat him.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Do you mean boring difficulty-wise? Because holy balls I use all of her combos and subsequent element songs all the time, weaving poo poo together and seeing how it goes. Dark into Water Spout, Fire Trap then immediate Special so they don't walk out of it, Dark then Fire Trap, Water Spout into Meteors, it's all so different! Hell, even her standard basic attack combo is great for clearing keeps if you don't want to burn a special or something.

EDIT: Also I wish her lightning aura didn't knock back. It does poo poo for damage and the knockback means it precludes any basic attacks, so I only use it for Devastating maps.

Oh she's definitely powerful and turns the game into a relative cakewalk, no doubts there. Just doesn't feel fun somehow, unlike Darunia, Ganondorf and Lana-with-book. Don't know why, for sure :shrug:

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

The more I think about the Happy Mask Salesman as a potential warrior, the more I like him. His weapon is the mask bag, and all of his attacks oughta be tied to the various masks from the games. I say "games" because OoT actually had a couple that weren't in MM, like the redead mask, and uh..

So anyway! Slapping on masks real quick to do attacks related to them as standard attacks, and some of the more significant masks are combo finishers. Basically, he'd transform into a goron or deku scrub real quick to do related attacks. I haven't decided if I'd like it more for his special attack or his charge 5, but he should definitely pull his organ out of his pocket dimension and play the song of healing for one of those. Throw in the boss masks somewhere for good measure, too. I wanna see Goht charge through a crowd of mooks.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Do people fight normally on Devastating attack missions because I just shoot the bow and arrow with Shiek like a true ninja

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Do people fight normally on Devastating attack missions because I just shoot the bow and arrow with Shiek like a true ninja

Yeah see how well that works out for you when you do the Master Quest and the map rule prohibits item usage.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

You mean play as Zelda and spam the baton 24/7.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

ImpAtom posted:

You mean play as Zelda and spam the baton 24/7.

Spamming the heavy attack on the baton to clear out mooks in devastating levels just feels like overkill. It's like you're taking the Spread gun from Contra into the game. You mow through entire groups of enemies in like two attacks, and get 1500 kills within seconds without trying to.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

In other news, setzeri is still amazing.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
^ That is incredible.

Finished the Master Quest! I'm missing quite a lot of unlockables but I did get almost all A-ranks (save about 10 or so).

I think I can put this game to rest now until the next DLC. Probably got about 100 hours into it by this point... I can't say it was time wasted!

e: never mind it was totally time wasted.

e2: Final mission is the same as before, which was totally disappointing, except this time the recommended element encourages you to use either the rod or the fairy instead of the sword. And there's no damage requirement, so I actually A-ranked this one.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 24, 2014

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hey, you know what mission can go gently caress itself?

Kill 700 spread-out enemies in 10 minutes with two Ghomas glued to your rear end.

That mission can go gently caress itself.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Finally finished off the DLC Cia campaign, the regular Legend campaign, and got the red squares on the normal Adventure Map unlocked. Still slowly fighting my way towards Zant, the Summoning Gate, and the Great Fairy.

So much left to do... :negative:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Welp, I did it. I got all the weapons on the adventure map. Now link can go on his grand quest to unseal the master sword on all the levels I still haven't done. :kiddo:

edit: Actually there's only like 6- tops- that I haven't done. Gonna have to kill a lot of dudes somewhere else. :shepface:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 24, 2014

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

liquidypoo posted:

The more I think about the Happy Mask Salesman as a potential warrior, the more I like him. His weapon is the mask bag, and all of his attacks oughta be tied to the various masks from the games. I say "games" because OoT actually had a couple that weren't in MM, like the redead mask, and uh..

So anyway! Slapping on masks real quick to do attacks related to them as standard attacks, and some of the more significant masks are combo finishers. Basically, he'd transform into a goron or deku scrub real quick to do related attacks. I haven't decided if I'd like it more for his special attack or his charge 5, but he should definitely pull his organ out of his pocket dimension and play the song of healing for one of those. Throw in the boss masks somewhere for good measure, too. I wanna see Goht charge through a crowd of mooks.

His special would just be him grinning as the screen fades to black, and for just an instant before it's totally dark you see his angry face. When the the screen comes back up the enemies are just gone. No corpses fading away or anything.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Evil Mastermind posted:

Hey, you know what mission can go gently caress itself?

Kill 700 spread-out enemies in 10 minutes with two Ghomas glued to your rear end.

That mission can go gently caress itself.

Just kill the fuckers, honestly. It doesn't take THAT long if you can kill them with one Weak Point Smash.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

THE loving MOON posted:

Welp, I did it. I got all the weapons on the adventure map. Now link can go on his grand quest to unseal the master sword on all the levels I still haven't done. :kiddo:

edit: Actually there's only like 6- tops- that I haven't done. Gonna have to kill a lot of dudes somewhere else. :shepface:

The Master Quest, duh. There are missions where you have to kill as many enemies as possible in a short time limit, and getting north of 3000 KOs on some of them is entirely possible.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Shadowlyger posted:

Just kill the fuckers, honestly. It doesn't take THAT long if you can kill them with one Weak Point Smash.

It's funny you say that, after I posted I remember the whole "play Sheik, drop meteors" strategy from before that got me through the pre-Summoning Gate mission.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

So when I turn on the Wii U and boot up the game I can tell it to use gamepad only for the screen by pressing the minus button. Then I turn on the pro controller and have to go to controller settings to make that "P1's" controller. If I turn on the pro controller before the game boots up it's already selected as primary controller, but I am unable to use the minus button to select gamepad only mode on either the pro controller or the gamepad. Anyone have this mild issue and know any solutions (other than the obvious "don't use the pro" or "don't use gamepad only mode")?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can't seem to get Ganondorf's level 3 weapon. Dunno if the stage 2 weapon is too weak, but my attacks ain't doing a lot of damage against Agatha and the Moblin Generals on the map. That wouldn't be a issue except I seem to get hurt for a lot more then usual by Agatha and the Skalknights, getting the dreaded B in HP.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
If your Ganondorf feels weak then you really need to gain more levels. The dude hits like a truck. His struggle is usually avoiding taking damage because he's a big fat gently caress. Do not be tempted to use combos when captains are coming up on you, you're just asking to get smacked. Stick with basic attacks because his BBB hurts quite a bit, and be quick to punish weak points when you can.

Bear in mind that you do have some spacing options with your C4 and C5 combos, but basically the way I've been successful with Ganondorf is to just attack relentlessly, all the time, and use C5 to clear keeps and such.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Rirse posted:

Can't seem to get Ganondorf's level 3 weapon. Dunno if the stage 2 weapon is too weak, but my attacks ain't doing a lot of damage against Agatha and the Moblin Generals on the map. That wouldn't be a issue except I seem to get hurt for a lot more then usual by Agatha and the Skalknights, getting the dreaded B in HP.

How many stars do you have on your weapon? You want to have at least 4 for most level 3 missions, it makes a big difference.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rirse posted:

Best advice is just not to fight Dark Agitha at all. Zant can take her - you don't even need to whittle her down. Just go spend the time you need taking care of other objectives.

As for Stalmasters, they and darknuts are the biggest joke enemies once you learn the trick of whacking them once and immediately dodging behind them. It usually causes them to instantly show their weakpoints.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

mastajake posted:

So when I turn on the Wii U and boot up the game I can tell it to use gamepad only for the screen by pressing the minus button. Then I turn on the pro controller and have to go to controller settings to make that "P1's" controller. If I turn on the pro controller before the game boots up it's already selected as primary controller, but I am unable to use the minus button to select gamepad only mode on either the pro controller or the gamepad. Anyone have this mild issue and know any solutions (other than the obvious "don't use the pro" or "don't use gamepad only mode")?

Try turning the WiiU on and starting the game both with the pro controller. I do that and I've never had to touch the gamepad for anything afterwards.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Regy Rusty posted:

Best advice is just not to fight Dark Agitha at all. Zant can take her - you don't even need to whittle her down. Just go spend the time you need taking care of other objectives.

As for Stalmasters, they and darknuts are the biggest joke enemies once you learn the trick of whacking them once and immediately dodging behind them. It usually causes them to instantly show their weakpoints.

Oh I didn't know Stalmasters work like Darknuts. Of course it doesn't help they rarely appear on maps so I never get to fight them enough to learn their attacks. Yeah the last time I did the map Dark Agatha got killed by a Hyrulian Captain somehow while I was trying to kill the plants. I should try to find some more weapon drops for Ganon before taking this stage on again then.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Honestly? Just let the cuccoos have the keeps.

the keep next to the one they take is my home base, though

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

the keep next to the one they take is my home base, though

So?

They won't do anything. They might spawn raid captains, in which case they'll most likely just get snarled up against your own captains and not do anything anyway.

The proximity of one keep to another is almost completely irrelevant. If it's not your base, and if it's not a keep you need to keep to complete the mission, then it's almost completely meaningless.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Alright, got the rank 3 fairy and summoning gate.

The fairy mission was pretty tough - I did managed to get an A rank on my first attempt (Link being level 76 helped) but I only had 20 seconds left. It took me nearly four minutes to kill Cia; basically the only thing that did any reasonable amount of damage to her were weak point smashes while powered up. Does the fairy have any other decent options against commanders?

Now all that's left is Zant's rank 3 mission. Ugh.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dunban posted:

Alright, got the rank 3 fairy and summoning gate.

The fairy mission was pretty tough - I did managed to get an A rank on my first attempt (Link being level 76 helped) but I only had 20 seconds left. It took me nearly four minutes to kill Cia; basically the only thing that did any reasonable amount of damage to her were weak point smashes while powered up. Does the fairy have any other decent options against commanders?

Now all that's left is Zant's rank 3 mission. Ugh.

Honestly with the fairy I find it best to just use her regular combo against captains and commanders. Doesn't take as long, hits reliably, and gives a water debuff if you hit with the last part. You also have to make sure you're always powered up with her or she doesn't do poo poo. Similarly the summoning gate's best option against bosses is just doing the 3 hit combo, dodge, 3 hit combo, etc. unless you pop out a manhandla. It might have been coincidence, but the poison field from the Y summon seems to make enemies unable to block, which is the perfect setup for the BBY summon. The manhandla is still really awkward to use effectively, though.

Have fun with Zant. That mission sucks and is probably the worst of the level 3s because Zant. You need like 5+ minutes just to kill Ghirahim at the end unless your Zant is seriously overleveled.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

chumbler posted:

Honestly with the fairy I find it best to just use her regular combo against captains and commanders. Doesn't take as long, hits reliably, and gives a water debuff if you hit with the last part. You also have to make sure you're always powered up with her or she doesn't do poo poo. Similarly the summoning gate's best option against bosses is just doing the 3 hit combo, dodge, 3 hit combo, etc. unless you pop out a manhandla. It might have been coincidence, but the poison field from the Y summon seems to make enemies unable to block, which is the perfect setup for the BBY summon. The manhandla is still really awkward to use effectively, though.

Have fun with Zant. That mission sucks and is probably the worst of the level 3s because Zant. You need like 5+ minutes just to kill Ghirahim at the end unless your Zant is seriously overleveled.

Yeah, I mostly used the regular combo though I was kinda hesitant about powering myself up too much because of the damage requirement for A rank. It's hard to see when you need to dodge with her. Anyway, now that I got the rank 3 weapon I don't see myself using it a whole lot anymore.

I know, I already tried it once and my clear time was over 20 minutes. At least I already have the pieces of heart and Skulltulas on that map :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

chumbler posted:

The Argarok summon is much, much stronger than the Manhandla one and juggles the poo poo out of captains, not to mention it's a solid keep clearer.

The Fairy, as you say, is pretty much useless against enemy captains outside of the basic combo. I mean, you can try the BBBY combo, but the bombs might either miss entirely or they might all hit and do a zillion damage.

• Locked thread