Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Additional add-ons: Good.

Paying to unlock stuff on disc: Bad

Four legs: good

Two legs: bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

AlbertRayon posted:

DLC stands for downloadable content. Why is any of it already on the disc?

They can make more money that way. That's seriously the answer to all of the DLC questions.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

They can make more money that way. That's seriously the answer to all of the DLC questions.

Also, it's on the disc already so there isn't this big file package to download once you buy it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Absolutely no one gives a gently caress about DLC whining. It is a toy you are choosing to buy and you're not out there murdering capitalists, so suck it up. Buy it or don't. You're wasting valuable thread space that can be used to talk about important things, like Supercard.

PunkBoy posted:

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to having to download several gigs of DLC, but apparently people still care whether it's on the disk or not. :shrug:
This is fair though. Sometimes we forget that some people don't respect themselves enough to have good internet. Me, I could download a gig in a minute or two so have at it.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
It all depends on the circumstances.

If, for example, they'd announced that Universe Mode was going to be sold as day-one DLC, with all its content on the disc, that's bullshit. If they announced an upcoming NXT mode (as an example), but the arena, wrestlers, videos, unique commentary lines, etc. are on the disc but none of the framework surrounding NXT mode is, that's quite a bit more understandable- it could easily be that they put all that stuff on the disc so anyone who didn't own them could play online and easily see someone who was playing as them.

If someone delves into the code and discovers roster spaces allocated to wrestlers on the disc- let's say the Ascension- but no actual assets, then if they whine they're an idiot- the spaces there weren't cut out, they were put in in anticipation of the future DLC so that things would work properly.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

cams posted:

Absolutely no one gives a gently caress about DLC whining. It is a toy you are choosing to buy and you're not out there murdering capitalists, so suck it up. Buy it or don't. You're wasting valuable thread space that can be used to talk about important things, like Supercard.

drat right. Do we know what the other rewards are for this weekend yet? I got the notification on my app but the preview isn't up in game yet for me?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sky Shadowing posted:

It all depends on the circumstances.

If, for example, they'd announced that Universe Mode was going to be sold as day-one DLC, with all its content on the disc, that's bullshit. If they announced an upcoming NXT mode (as an example), but the arena, wrestlers, videos, unique commentary lines, etc. are on the disc but none of the framework surrounding NXT mode is, that's quite a bit more understandable- it could easily be that they put all that stuff on the disc so anyone who didn't own them could play online and easily see someone who was playing as them.

If someone delves into the code and discovers roster spaces allocated to wrestlers on the disc- let's say the Ascension- but no actual assets, then if they whine they're an idiot- the spaces there weren't cut out, they were put in in anticipation of the future DLC so that things would work properly.
Nope. If they want to charge you 4.99 for each individual wrestler and 19.99 per game mode, so it goes. Buy it or don't. When you complain about it on the internet as if you are entitled to their product, you are dumb.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

IcePhoenix posted:

drat right. Do we know what the other rewards are for this weekend yet? I got the notification on my app but the preview isn't up in game yet for me?

One of the developers said "everyone else involved in the cell are the rewards below those two" so I guess more Orton and Cena.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

triplexpac posted:

DLC isn't like the Wrestlemania feed cutting out halfway through the broadcast and holding you up for more money. You can still enjoy all the modes and features of WWE 2K15 you just can't play as our waifu Paige or some indie geeks.

I still maintain that half of the diva title scene is not an acceptable thing to cut out of a game and hold ransom with the season pass (that doesn't give you all DLC), it definitely feels more like a subtraction than an addition.

As for being able to download CAWs of the extra download characters, I hope that'll be possible but I do worry that they're going to make the movesets of the DLC wrestlers unusuable without owning the DLC. It was often the case with 2k14 where you had to buy the season pass to be able to download characters with any moves, entrances or attire from DLC. Add to that the new gen meanin that the movelists will be pretty sparse to begin with, and making similar CAWs could be tough if there's no 'close enough' finishers etc.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 23, 2014

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If they don't have custom finishers nerfed to poo poo this time around then it might not be a big issue. People were happily playing with Big E CAWs with that Canadian something or other that's a sit-out shoulder gutbuster or whatever

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

pressedbunny posted:

To put it in terms you may find more sympathetic, imagine you ordered WrestleMania at the normal, full PPV price (what is it, $60 or so for WM in HD now?), but then once the show is on you find out that the feed cuts out during the middle two matches on the card until you pay another $20. You'd cry bullshit, right?

You know you can get Wrestlemania for only $9.99, right?

All this DLC talk just makes me think anyone who gets the PC version (when/if it actually comes out) is just going to find some way to mod or crack the hidden content that doesn't get them banned from servers. Yeah it's pointless to bitch here about content being held back, but it pisses enough people off that someone's going to screw with it. Watch Dogs is a good example of that.

triplexpac posted:

Those midcard geeks? Why not give us the real main event!

I'm looking forward to the day when an elderly Jim Cornette cuts a scathing promo about Cena and Orton both in their mid 60s "sucking wind" in a cage match.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

AlbertRayon posted:

DLC stands for downloadable content. Why is any of it already on the disc?

digitally-licensed content

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

why buy DLC for a wrestling game when you can just download CAWs of everybody

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

oatgan posted:

You can't get the signature/finisher moves with a CAW download.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Tonfa posted:

You can't get the signature/finisher moves with a CAW download.
Also the entrance and everything that goes along with it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

cams posted:

Also the entrance and everything that goes along with it.

People watch entrances?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

oatgan posted:

All the best CAWs are on XBox and I have a PlayStation :smith:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm curious which side most of the 360 community goes to. PS4 or Xbox One.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

89 posted:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ps4

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
PS2 Emulator

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

89 posted:

considering Sony is outselling Microsoft 2-1 on current gen I'm guessing PS4

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Was playing Halloween Havoc on 2k14 and I did not realize it was possible to grab guitars from the audience and hit people with them.

I'll say this for the game, it keeps surprising me.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Can't do the shuffle, tho. The "grapple" is a guitar uppercut that looks kinda dumb. Best to running strike with it

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Maxwell Lord posted:

Was playing Halloween Havoc on 2k14 and I did not realize it was possible to grab guitars from the audience and hit people with them.

I'll say this for the game, it keeps surprising me.

You can drag your opponent towards the crowd member with the guitar he'll hold it up so you can ram the opponents head into it. Works with the soda cup, crutch and title belt in the crowd too.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

considering Sony is outselling Microsoft 2-1 on current gen I'm guessing PS4

yeah ps4 is definitely going to have the edge this year when it comes to custom creations. the reason the 360 had so many good CAWs was just because it was the more popular console that people defaulted to buying multiconsole releases on, which is the role the ps4 is basically filling now

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Yeah, this is gonna be the most one-sided PCC yet.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

cams posted:

:aaa:

I have zero chance of winning that but oh my lord.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I find it surreal that they release the old versions of the game first. It was understandable with some of the earlier games but this is a year after the launches. The only reason I can think of is them wanting people to double dip.
It'll probably work because the fans are idiots.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

They were pretty up-front about their reasons? There's stuff on the next-gen consoles that won't be on the last-gen versions coming out next week and they needed the extra time for polishing those sections of the game.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Lodin posted:

I find it surreal that they release the old versions of the game first. It was understandable with some of the earlier games but this is a year after the launches. The only reason I can think of is them wanting people to double dip.
It'll probably work because the fans are idiots.

Old version was done first because it probably is just a brush-up job on 2K14? Maybe the new-gen versions needed more time in the oven? Not everything is a Rube Goldberg device of intrigue and mystery.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

cams posted:

I hope so, considering Ambrose beats Rollins in three out of four stats.

smashpro1 fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 24, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

cams posted:

This thing owns but the rest of the rewards suck so I'm probably just going to use the one point matches to farm cards.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
For those too lazy to check the game, here is the rewards breakdown: http://imgur.com/a/YHxTT

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
The five people who win 2 copies of that Ambrose better make him their champ, because the pro version avatar is loving awesome.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

It would have been nice if the game gave me a duplicate of one of the Legendaries I already had from my latest King of the Ring, but nope. Erick loving Rowan.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the card game is a mental disease

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

epitasis posted:

oh man the actual king of the ring tourney is finally about to start thank god

I actually like the KOTR format because I don't have to look at it more than like twice a day

anyway I have a super-rare Brock Lesnar at max level so I never lose now it's p cool

I saw a guy yesterday that 200-0 which seems like it should be impossible but he beat me yup

epitasis posted:

Good to know.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
2K gave out some information for the 360/PS3 NXT mode, "Who Got NXT". Sounds sorta interesting.

http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/wwe-2k15-who-got-nxt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

epitasis posted:

Your series of posts about how much you hate posts about the card game are super informative and fun, keep it up.