Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Zoness posted:

Outlast with the Abzan Tease.

:pusheen: Abzan just jumped from tier 4 to tier 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Why can we not just have a vintage masters in paper with new cards close in power level but not functional reprints.

Grey lotus - sac for 2 mana of any color.
dual lands - fetchable dual pain lands
pain moxes - deal a point of damage when they come into play.
ancestral - make it 1U or pay life

lonequid
Sep 26, 2004

Last fighter of the Euro Conversion Resistance League

:cry:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

^^ Haha what a loving scumbag, he deserves another 4 years for that post.

Nissir posted:

Might have missed it, but what were you rolling over delver decks with online?
Not the person you were asking, but I just got my rear end handed to me hard by GR Tron.
Trying to set up a quick clock and play around pyroclasm just was not effective. Once they get sundering titan or wurmcoil online you are pretty screwed.
Game 2 I got stuck with 2 shattering sprees in my hand I couldn't cast because of a sundering titan. It felt incredibly hopeless.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 24, 2014

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Wow, I didn't know the DCI can literally send you to Wizard Prison.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

I feel like this post is really unfair to nasty criminals.

And especially unfair to people who actually take real sabbaticals.

The only song I have in mind for this is Party Rock.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 24, 2014

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

redstormpopcorn posted:

Spazkaban

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The DCI banlist page was way more fun when it listed the reason for each ban.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Entropic posted:

The DCI banlist page was way more fun when it listed the reason for each ban.

I dont even see humphries listed on it. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dci/suspended

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Bugsy posted:

I dont even see humphries listed on it. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dci/suspended

Well, it hasn't been updated in like two months. I don't know what the turnaround is on updating the database relative to actually making a decision.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Nissir posted:

Might have missed it, but what were you rolling over delver decks with online?

Norin Soul Sisters! The dumbest deck you didn't know you weren't playing!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

what did he do?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

redstormpopcorn posted:

He can't even activate his activated abilities :(

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

vOv posted:

He can't even activate his activated abilities :(

The first time they tried to lock him away, they accidentally also imprisoned a bunch of innocent people with the same name.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Everyone he played against had the unfortunate luck of never getting any lands in their opening hand and having to mulligan a lot. Then when he got a match on camera people noticed he was actually peeking at the cards and shuffling non-lands to the top of his opponent's deck.

I wonder if the next rules change will move things back to "you get to cut your own deck after your opponent shuffles it", the way it used to.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

He got caught shuffle cheating from this past weekend's SCG Open and Modern IQ.

http://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/2jsuue/suspect_shuffling_at_worchester_scg_standard/

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Jabor posted:

I wonder if the next rules change will move things back to "you get to cut your own deck after your opponent shuffles it", the way it used to.

There's no way. It's much easier to mark your own deck for a single cut (read: draw the card you want every game) than do what that guy was doing.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Someone said that they'd gone back through recordings and he's been doing this for at least 5 years.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

oh I see it was this guy. But wait is his last name Charles or Humphries?

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
This image.

Did he really get a four-year suspension? Did he NOT realize Bertoncheaty already ate through the DCI's patience for cheating?

Edit: Also, I think I understand why Wizards didn't drag their feet on this punishment. Apparently internet bullies were threatening him and his girlfriend. A lot of people were ready to digitally lynch this rear end in a top hat before the DCI suspended him. I mean, people were ready to call his base to get the military to fire him.

Veyrall fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Oct 24, 2014

moravec
Apr 24, 2007

The fourth law of robots is screw you, I'm outta here.
He seems like exactly the kind of person who could move into a second career with Mike Long and the Bring the Fresh crew, now that he's retired from Magic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGPL3QJsv9A

or maybe shuffling techniques and misdirection can translate into being a pick-up artist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSstwmpN_qY

moravec fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 24, 2014

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
wtf happened on 3-7-09 to the 4 from Arizona, suspensions lasting till the year 9999.

Some big cheating scandal?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Pyronic posted:

wtf happened on 3-7-09 to the 4 from Arizona, suspensions lasting till the year 9999.

Some big cheating scandal?

Supposedly a group of thieves and they finally caught one of them at GP Chicago that year.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Oct 24, 2014

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

The only appropriate level of seriousness about a FREAKING CARD GAME: Serious enough to only consider it worth playing if you can play in competitive events, but not so serious that you care about the integrity of said events.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
lol where the gently caress does he get off comparing himself to 'the rapists murderers felons' of the world for being banned from competitive events for a trading card game for 4 years. I actually sympathized with him for being the unfortunate target of the worst aspects of internet detectivery and vigilantism but not anymore. What a dickbag.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Does he realize he is not going to prison for 4 years, he is just banned from playing competitive MTG.

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

:suspense:

Is this man okay. He sounds like he needs some years off magic. And the internet.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

MiddleEastBeast posted:

lol where the gently caress does he get off comparing himself to 'the rapists murderers felons' of the world for being banned from competitive events for a trading card game for 4 years. I actually sympathized with him for being the unfortunate target of the worst aspects of internet detectivery and vigilantism but not anymore. What a dickbag.

I imagine he was attempting to mock the comparisons that the internet detectives were making about him.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Jabor posted:

Everyone he played against had the unfortunate luck of never getting any lands in their opening hand and having to mulligan a lot. Then when he got a match on camera people noticed he was actually peeking at the cards and shuffling non-lands to the top of his opponent's deck.

The rule should be that if any player pile-shuffles a deck, the other player gets a cut. For example when I use Surgical Extraction sometimes I will shuffle their deck for them after I search it, then I let them cut.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Veyrall posted:

This image.

Did he really get a four-year suspension? Did he NOT realize Bertoncheaty already ate through the DCI's patience for cheating?

Edit: Also, I think I understand why Wizards didn't drag their feet on this punishment. Apparently internet bullies were threatening him and his girlfriend. A lot of people were ready to digitally lynch this rear end in a top hat before the DCI suspended him. I mean, people were ready to call his base to get the military to fire him.

Where'd you see people threatening his girlfriend? She's one of the nicest people I know. I saw people threatening to call his higher-ups in the military to report him for some kind of fraud in the hopes it'd get him in trouble, which is over the line. Only Wizards should be handling his (Magic-related) punishment. I wonder if there'll be an official announcement in today's Mothership update, because the only word we have on this is a now deleted Facebook post.

Vital Signs
Oct 17, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

oh I see it was this guy. But wait is his last name Charles or Humphries?
A great way to tell someone is hiding from something is when they have their Facebook set to only show first and middle name.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Vital Signs posted:

A great way to tell someone is hiding from something is when they have their Facebook set to only show first and middle name.

Actually a lot of people do this to make it harder for potential employers to find your personal Facebook that has pictures of you partying and stuff. Several of my job-hunting friends have "professional" Facebook pages with their last name that are squeaky clean along with their personal one that uses their middle name.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

LanceKing2200 posted:

Actually a lot of people do this to make it harder for potential employers to find your personal Facebook that has pictures of you partying and stuff. Several of my job-hunting friends have "professional" Facebook pages with their last name that are squeaky clean along with their personal one that uses their middle name.

Vital Signs posted:

Just gonna stop this conversation before it goes further and say he 100% did it to avoid harassment.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Looks like Trevor...
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
...got lost in the shuffle.

Shamelessly stolen

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Odd that we didn't harass Alex in the same way and it's even become more of like a sitcom joke - that's Alex for ya! Or is it that unlike Alex this guy has an actual career and girlfriend to harass?

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Alex cheated before it was cool.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So he's clearly admitting that he did it. 4 years seems right. No place for that poo poo in the game.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Vital Signs posted:

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

Odd that we didn't harass Alex in the same way and it's even become more of like a sitcom joke - that's Alex for ya! Or is it that unlike Alex this guy has an actual career and girlfriend to harass?

My guess is that it was no fun to harass Alex because he acted like he was in on his own joke. The self-depreciation with his "Two Explores" handle, jokes about his suspension (which led to lengthening it, in fact), etc. made him kind of impervious to harassment because: A. It didn't seem like he would give a poo poo; B. There was basically nothing anyone could say to him that he didn't already say himself.

I also think that the attitude towards cheaters is different today because of the situation with Alex. Players are tired of hearing reports of Alex cheating from literally every event he plays in, so they're hungry for justice against any cheaters.

• Locked thread