Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

visual from the new movie. naruto looks fat

Naruto has always looked fat in his stupid Shippuden jacket. That's been honestly one of my biggest pet peeves with the series.

He looked so much better with the Sage Mode trenchcoat, but unfortunately that was accompanied by the series going full nuclear on ninjamagic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Fat_Cow posted:

Makin my way downtown.

This is making me think of the Suzaku spin from Geass. :allears:

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
S-cry-ed ending almost happened. Then eye powers happened, and I bet next issue Sakura is going to do something. Never forget.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Actually that was pretty much the Scryed ending right up to one character pulling their power out of their butt after getting their poo poo stuffed in. Unfortunately it was nowhere near as good since neither of them lost their teeth and stuck their hand into the others guts.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
Sometimes, when you work a muscle group that hasn't seen use for a couple months it works fine for a few minutes. Then right after you use those muscles, when you try to walk normally to be specific, you end up exhausted and trip over yourself.

I'm saying Naruto's hip muscles atrophied because and this is the closest thing to sex he's had in years.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Sakura is gonna teleport between them and get punched by both and die and that will be the end. What a dumb loving comic.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
How convenient that Naruto and Sasuke managed to run out of Chakra at the exact same time.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Thoren posted:

How convenient that Naruto and Sasuke managed to run out of Chakra at the exact same time.

Again--in Scryed, they both ran out of... alter goo? Willpower? Magic glow dust? At the same time, and no one batted an eye, because the fight had a good arc to it. Also, it made more sense that they ran out of Scryed Stuff because they'd been fighting in orbit, while I don't really understand why the two characters with functionally infinite Chakra ran out from ramming a single lightning shaft into a pair of wind balls. Also here Naruto and Sasuke are lightly tapping each other now that they're out of chakra, while in Scryed they were really getting hosed up.

What I'm saying is, go watch S-Cry-Ed. It's good popcorn anime.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

No, go read it, because the manga is crazy in all the best ways :colbert:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I am glad they announced the final movie where Nartuo, Sasuke, Sakura, and everyone is still alive 3 years after this event.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
Apparently in the new movie, Hanabi gets kidnapped and a Konoha Task force led by Naruto & Sasuke goes to rescue her.

1. "Hey Sasuke, Hanabi was kidnapped, go help rescue her". "grumble grumble your whole system is corrupt one day I'll finally kill Naruto and all the kages and create a new world order and reign supreme grumble grumble I hate having to stay here so the whole world doesn't lynch me" "What was that Sasuke did you say something?" "SURE I'd be GLAD to go rescue Hanabi where do I sign"

2. Hiashi's master plan, stage 1: Get rid of the clan's recessive yet omnipresent "get kidnapped" gene

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yo, I know we don't exactly give a poo poo about accuracy in here given how dumb this series is, but that's probably complete bullshit.

Here is the new bad guy for the movie btw

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He looks like an Uchiha, save for the swirly thing on his back which probably makes him a Uzumaki? I think that's what that stood for.

He probably still has a Sharingan.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aurain posted:

He looks like an Uchiha, save for the swirly thing on his back which probably makes him a Uzumaki? I think that's what that stood for.

So, Naruto and Sasuke's child from the future then

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013

Aurain posted:

It looks more like a half moon with a circle in the middle, so he might be a space moon rabbit like Kaguya.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
He doesn't seem to have horns like Kaguya and friends did, though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's just like i've always said. The final boss will be Kaguya's husband, who was not a moon-bunny from what I recall.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1

Beef Waifu posted:

Yo, I know we don't exactly give a poo poo about accuracy in here given how dumb this series is, but that's probably complete bullshit.

It is? Every time I see someone saying "hey this was on the official movie site" and then the copypaste contains Japanese characters, I automatically trust it. I thought I had a foolproof system :argh:

EDIT: It's from this image, and it basically says "Hanabi gets kidnapped, Team 7 + Shikamaru & Hinata are sent to get her back" according to the infallibly eminent Random People on Tumblr

EDIT 2: Also Random People on Reddit

EDIT 3: bonus - image

Triple Elation fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 24, 2014

Thoren
May 28, 2008
It's perfect.

An human-looking alien invasion to start out Naruto Z.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Why on God's green earth is Sasuke still in Konoha?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Why on God's green earth is Sasuke still in Konoha?

1. Sasuke technically hasn't been mentioned in that plot. We know he's there, but he might not be involved in that mission.

2. He probably is involved, but what loving series do you think this is where Naruto isn't going to friendship the hell out of Sasuke in these next few chapters.

Remember that only 3 other people know that Sasuke was about to go full Lelouch, when he is friendship no jutsu'd everyone else's last memory of him will be as a savior coming in to save the entire loving world from being ruined by crazy moon mom.

So long as Sasuke(self-interest), Naruto(will never say poo poo), Sakura(still loves dude for some dumb reason), and Kakashi(defers to Naruto, while personally keeping close tabs on him) stay silent, no one else would be the wiser.

Also, shh, Sasuke is going to end up rinneganning a new moon after Naruto and crew find a way to Armageddon the one currently falling one.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 24, 2014

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Sasuke is dressed like a hobo, I'm banking on him being on some journey of self discovery or some poo poo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Triple Elation posted:

"Hey Sasuke, Hanabi was kidnapped, go help rescue her".

"grumble grumble your whole system is corrupt one day I'll finally kill Naruto and all the kages and create a new world order and reign supreme grumble grumble I hate having to stay here so the whole world doesn't lynch me"

"What was that Sasuke did you say something?"

"SURE I'd be GLAD to go rescue Hanabi where do I sign"

I would be very happy with this being Sasuke's character from now on. :allears:

It also makes me sad that this is the closest Sakura will ever come to punching Sasuke in his smug face.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 24, 2014

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

Just realised that naruto wears a knee wrap, for some reason.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Triple Elation posted:

It is? Every time I see someone saying "hey this was on the official movie site" and then the copypaste contains Japanese characters, I automatically trust it. I thought I had a foolproof system :argh:

My bad then, I hadn't seen that anywhere nor had any place of actual note reported on it.

EDIT: The more and more details arise about this movie, the more of a clusterfuck it sounds like it's going to be which is Naruto in a nutshell, I guess.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 24, 2014

Spylde
May 14, 2008

No one loves the sexophone

Scyantific posted:

Any chance we can get an avatar sized version of this?

Here you go. Quick work, but should be fine.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

PIGEOTO posted:

He's taking a cue from Sonic Boom.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

PIGEOTO posted:

All ninjas have a holster on their right leg for kunai/shuriken/other ninja tools.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Spylde posted:

Not the hero the world deserves, but the one it never needed.

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1
To properly experience this .gif you are required to play this in the background and replace all lyrics with "Sasuke, Sasuke"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Spylde posted:

I call this move, The Step-In Caused by Hatred.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I call this move, The Step-In of Hatred.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Flytrap posted:

Sasuke is dressed like a hobo, I'm banking on him being on some journey of self discovery or some poo poo.

Naruto's going to throw 6 rasenshuriken at Sasuke but they'll all mysteriously miss. Sasuke will then walk the Earth and just be Sasuke.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Spylde posted:

Perfect. :allears:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Spylde posted:

They told me I was mad. They said it couldn't be done. They said a man had to move his torso to run. But I showed them. I showed them all.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Spoiler image from the movie.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Spylde posted:

http://youtu.be/XU1MAokrrUk?t=20s

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

PIGEOTO posted:

Since when does he need to be in sage mode to do a normal rasengan?

A: He doesn't

he's never done a rasengan without either being in sage mode or having a clone or the fox, or all three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

This is making me think of the Suzaku spin from Geass. :allears:

You're not the only one who thought this!
I took Spylde's gif and created... Spinsuke.

• Locked thread