Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
This glorious disaster of interpersonal relationships and motherfucking apocalypse is my new favorite comic.

I've been wondering how Alison's imagination-to-life things work, and then I remembered that she hosed up the red-to-green curtains when she was working with a dog next to her and holy gently caress that's clever. Current theory: the central cause of the apocalypse was Mr. Trianglini wishing with all his heart that his son would fail explosively and have the worst day ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Either that or a depressed anime nerd teenager was pretty much constantly imagining the world burning down (with a side order of zombies, cyborgs, and sexy snake bitches).

Realtalk it's all his mum's fault for leaving those tapes behind.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Maybe it's just Weird poo poo Happening because of Pasqualo and Aurora's weird Evil/Good Not-Quite-Human relationship, like they've said a few times.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Either that or a depressed anime nerd teenager was pretty much constantly imagining the world burning down (with a side order of zombies, cyborgs, and sexy snake bitches).

Except Katie knew all this was going to play out with the zombies and apocalypse, ultimately leading to some of the best reaction shots in the comic. She got the bunker and disappeared just in time, and claims she knew it was Aurora in particular that was going to cause trouble but didn't do anything in time because of Pasq's relationship.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Speaking of Katie, we still don't know who caused that fire in the school.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

horriblePencilist posted:

Speaking of Katie, we still don't know who caused that fire in the school.

Oh yeah, that was a plot point that was mentioned a bunch early on, I don't think anything has been done with it though.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Oh yeah, that was a plot point that was mentioned a bunch early on, I don't think anything has been done with it though.

It's possible it was just something bad that happened, unrelated to the main cast in any way, but then again, this is It Hurts!!

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Considering Katie went into hiding after the fire, there's a good chance the fire didn't break out at random. Maybe Pasqualo's mom had something to do with it?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Pretty much either way works. That remaining a mystery's no big deal. It's not like they're going to have a chance to bring a fire inspector out to finish the job because the world ended.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Renaissance Robot posted:

It's all that dang anime, I tell you what. Watch End of Evangelion just one too many times and you get it stuck in your head and end up bringing it into reality the second you meet some wish-granting-god-being.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Chronojam posted:

Pretty much either way works. That remaining a mystery's no big deal. It's not like they're going to have a chance to bring a fire inspector out to finish the job because the world ended.

no but they might find evidence of the cause considering they're rebuilding the entire school.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Alopex posted:

This glorious disaster of interpersonal relationships and motherfucking apocalypse is my new favorite comic.

I've been wondering how Alison's imagination-to-life things work, and then I remembered that she hosed up the red-to-green curtains when she was working with a dog next to her and holy gently caress that's clever. Current theory: the central cause of the apocalypse was Mr. Trianglini wishing with all his heart that his son would fail explosively and have the worst day ever.

You mean the ones in the auditorium? They were green because she wanted them to be the same color as Trisssh's skin.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

No offense to Gob, but I'd be ok with Yusuke Murata redrawing his comic, he's got experience in drawing cyborgs and characters who are awesome and don't give a gently caress.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Unfortunately I think any change to the art would mess up the "holy poo poo this is literally exactly how middle schoolers act" beginning.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

reignonyourparade posted:

Unfortunately I think any change to the art would mess up the "holy poo poo this is literally exactly how middle schoolers act" beginning.

I'm not sure it was intentional, since you can see Gob's art skills developing over the course of the comic, but it is pretty effective. Especially the pastel colors and the 'typography' for the early titles. :allears:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Actually going back it looks like Aurora was the first to see that fire. http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=050-fire-alarm

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Actually going back it looks like Aurora was the first to see that fire. http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=050-fire-alarm

And made sure to pull the alarm while having a :keke: face.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wicker Man posted:

And made sure to pull the alarm while having a :keke: face.

Sometimes they do bad stuff, but they're good kids.

Except Mark.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Those last few panels are so great :allears:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
No loving way, I officially gave up plot speculation but earlier today I totally out of nowhere wondered when the penguin crackers would return.

It's been what, a little over a week since the talent show?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
They're such loving goofballs.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I like this comic but some of y'all take it way too seriously.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

This is not untrue.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Who 'dat?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Except Mark.

I wish Mark would come back so he can get his idiot skull punched out again :skeltal:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It Hurts is a good comic that I enjoy reading.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

I ship Peeplops and Mr.Jones as my official couple.
Also I never read anything before the apocalypse and don't really plan too.

Literally Kermit posted:

This is not untrue.

Friendship is for the weak.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

I love that so much! Can I pretty please put it on my site? If so, how would you like to be credited? Do you have a link to more of your art?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Gobolatula posted:

I love that so much! Can I pretty please put it on my site? If so, how would you like to be credited? Do you have a link to more of your art?

Address the check to Scare E. Cave. care of K. T. Frog.

Also Gob, have you read the entire thread? Doesn't matter, give me a sec to dig up the animated art he's done of Poop.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Gobolatula posted:

He's all yours. :tipshat:
And no, I don't really have a place where I upload art.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
(c) S. E. Cave donut steals

Although as someone pointed out, he done hosed up that last one. :mad:

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Literally Kermit posted:

(c) S. E. Cave donut steals

Although as someone pointed out, he done hosed up that last one. :mad:
Oh yeah!! Those are great and I'd love to put them on my site if he gives me permission to do so!

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Gobolatula posted:

Oh yeah!! Those are great and I'd love to put them on my site if he gives me permission to do so!

Yeah, you can post those if you want. Go for it.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Oh man, I followed a link from the general webcomics thread to here, and decided to give this comic a try because I needed something new. I wasn't really feeling it at first, but I wanted to at least make it to 100 to see the fabled "poo poo going down" the OP warned me of.

I am now fully caught up, and man I didn't expect to be so emotionally invested in these loving losers.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Gob, could you make the frontpage http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/ show some picture and say that new readers should click the "first" button, and not show the latest comic? New readers wouldn't get spoiled then. Also, Scarycave's gifs aren't animated unless you click on them.

edit: vvvvvvvvvvvv ok, is it a Firefox thing ?

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Oct 25, 2014

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Hogge Wild posted:

Gob, could you make the frontpage http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/ show some picture and say that new readers should click the "first" button, and not show the latest comic? New readers wouldn't get spoiled then. Also, Scarycave's gifs aren't animated unless you click on them.
They're animated from the getgo for me.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

"Kermit"
"Piggart"

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Hogge Wild posted:

I'd say no, because I've got the same issue and I'm using chrome.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hogge Wild posted:

Firefox has no issue here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'd say no, because I've got the same issue and I'm using chrome.

Same.

• Locked thread