Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I vaguely remember those Rhinos in a guy's pre-Heresy Space Wolves army on Bolter and Chainsword in like 2007.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Those Rhinos look like improvised armored vehicles you see in Syria or Ukraine.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Panzeh posted:

Those Rhinos look like improvised armored vehicles you see in Syria or Ukraine.

In a similar vein, the boxiness reminded me of these narco tanks from Mexico.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

I would have no problem letting my opponent field these.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I kind of like the chaos warrior conversions but they need a lot more work.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

parabolic posted:

In a similar vein, the boxiness reminded me of these narco tanks from Mexico.

Needs glyphs and some red paint. Also, more dakka.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

I have no idea what this model originally was, but it's sitting proudly in front of me when i paint.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Plastic Empire halberdier, of course!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Frobbe posted:

I have no idea what this model originally was, but it's sitting proudly in front of me when i paint.

He can be saved (if you want to). It would make a great experiment actually, so send him to me.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Perfectly legit unit filler from those days

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Indolent Bastard posted:

He can be saved (if you want to). It would make a great experiment actually, so send him to me.

You'll go to strip the paint, only to find that there's no actual plastic in there. It's just paint, all the way down.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Now I want to see replica sculpts made from dried citadel paints.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Apollodorus posted:

I have a box of those, still in the shrinkwrap.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Indolent Bastard posted:

I don't think i want to save him. It's from a friends craigslist finds and i think he'll be my painting totem. maybe put a new layer on him each time i'm done using a particular color in my pallette

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Frobbe posted:

There is such a thing as too much blood after all...

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Dark Souls.jpg

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Apollodorus posted:

So the black lump is a feather? Yikes.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
In my heart, it's a pompadour.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Frobbe posted:

I couldn't afford a dreadnaught

This is good.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Hey guys do you know this Infinity game which has amazing models and their the best and

guys?

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Grade A Avatar right there.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Thanks for the nightmare, drat.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Pierzak posted:

Hey guys do you know this Infinity game which has amazing models and their the best and

guys?

Good clown makeup, covers up the gross boob window and replaced it with dick and balls, 8/10.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

This thread brings a warm feeling to the cockles of my heart.
Well you got the 'cock' part right with the wet nurse and other Kingdom Death-related posts :v:

Pierzak posted:

guys?

Are you serious?
I think this should be the next oathbreaker avatar, just like that one lucky goon who got the scrunt one.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Which lucky goon got scrunted?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Was he discruntled?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I wish I could remember. Someone from the oath thread should know who it is though.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Fearless posted:

I have a box of those, still in the shrinkwrap.

No you don't!

(It's from Battle Master :v )

edit: gently caress, i'm wrong. The ten pounds of paint obscuring everything threw me off, the shield looked integral. Jesus.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Silhouette posted:

No you don't!

(It's from Battle Master :v )

edit: gently caress, i'm wrong. The ten pounds of paint obscuring everything threw me off, the shield looked integral. Jesus.

The minis from Battle Masters are just recasts of other GW minis with minor alterations. The only unique one is the canon and sort of the Chaos Knight (he was repurposed from a different unreleased game).

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Shadeoses posted:

Which lucky goon got scrunted?

It's me. I am the scrunt. (Oathbreaker avatars are no longer handed out, so I scrunted myself)

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hummmmmmmmmmm there's just something about this model I can't quite place

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Can you guess what these were being sold as? There were like 5 or 6 lots from the same seller of these.

Cataphractii Terminator Conversions

There was also this thing.

$85
"Imperial guard tank with hook nice conversion nicely paint"

The sellers entire ebay store is incredibly mediocre-to-bad conversions priced from $50-$200. Everything looks like it fell in watery mud.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I remember first looking at that kickstarter for the Kingdom Death game and thinking 'Oh, hell yeah, fantasy X-COM with minis I can assemble and apint myself' - this was the early phase where there were just a few cheesecake minis and that's it. Then I clicked around the site a bit and came across the Wet Nurse and the dickheaded forge god and poo poo. Godfuckingdamnit nerds, why do you have to ruin everything.

Edit, speaking of nerds ruining everyhting.

Drake_263 fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 27, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Ah the Assless Chapter

my favourite marine chapter

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
The chaps are stupid but I feel the faces accurately represent what a woman would look like after being made into a marine. All these pervy weirdos love the idea of female marines, but how many of them realize that post surgery/steroid/whatever treatments you'd basically have Chyna's face with the body of Triple H. That would be the best troll, if GW was just like "Oh yeah, there are female marines, but after genetic modification VIA ancient tech sorcery implant and the cultivation of an entire subdermal exoskeleton all marines are basically genderless and you cant tell them apart."

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

El Estrago Bonito posted:

The chaps are stupid but I feel the faces accurately represent what a woman would look like after being made into a marine. All these pervy weirdos love the idea of female marines, but how many of them realize that post surgery/steroid/whatever treatments you'd basically have Chyna's face with the body of Triple H. That would be the best troll, if GW was just like "Oh yeah, there are female marines, but after genetic modification VIA ancient tech sorcery implant and the cultivation of an entire subdermal exoskeleton all marines are basically genderless and you cant tell them apart."

Not to mention after adding several inches of powered armor on top of all that. But no, deprived nerds gotta have their boob plates.

Kind of like how a friend of mine ordered in a bunch of these hell hounds or whatever - probably intended as offbrand Chaos Warhounds, he used them for more bestial Fenrisian Wolves.

He was less than pleased when he started cleaning them up and realized they came with anatomically correct nuts and sheathes. And yes, I DID rib him mercilessly about having to get his doggies snipped.

Edit: After a quick google search, I THINK they were Barghest Fiends from puppetswar - I could be mistaken though, I didn't think to ask.

Drake_263 fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Oct 27, 2014

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Eh, animals having anatomical correct junk, male junk at least that is, isn't really that creepy or weird. At least, unless they had full on erections or something. I know that Breyer Horses have all of their correct parts since my fiance collected them. Also, the Forgeworld Greater Knarloc is technically anatomically correct in that you have to paint its cloaca which they modeled for reasons.

...and now I probably sound like a weirdo who likes animal junk.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Took me forever to find this but relevant: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/relic-knights/posts/739209#comments

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Drake_263 posted:

Edit, speaking of nerds ruining everyhting.

These are actually old GW models though. I don't know if there were ever studio paintjobs or if they painted them assless back then either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Hummmmmmmmmmm there's just something about this model I can't quite place

For some reason, it really reminds me of that cryonics-obsessed robot from Logan's Run. Trying to remember his name now. Cox, something like that.