Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
The 9999 bans are a bunch of theives I think.

Dunno about those 30+ year ones though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Zoness posted:

More recent than your post?

I already looked at the videos and it's definitely shady looking, but so does Jorge Iramain's shuffle from 2012 worlds and ultimately nothing happened in either case so v:shobon:v.

It was actually only 5 whole minutes before my post but yeah, I really do need to get up to date it seems. :wtc:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

It was actually only 5 whole minutes before my post but yeah, I really do need to get up to date it seems. :wtc:

Well I was more establishing the point that this stuff is moving really quickly in light of recent events more than making fun of someone's inability to look at tweets.

That said if you look at the cases with what's presented main difference seems to be who champions the players being accused. A lot of well-known personalities are defending Boetccher which while it might seem inaccurate has a nonzero impact on how people process what evidence is presented.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Entropic posted:

The DCI ban list is weird. There are multiple people with bans that last until 2049 or 2055 or 2099. Are those supposed to be lifetime bans and they're just inconsistent in how they enter them? Then there's also people banned until 9999-12-31

Heh look at wizards being optimistic that their game will last until TYOOL 9999 :smug:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wizards of the Coast believes in the age of digital spiritualism and want to offer these poor souls a chance of repentance in the year 10,000 with their cyborg bodies.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Chill la Chill posted:

Heh look at wizards being optimistic that their game will last until TYOOL 9999 :smug:

It's 10000AD.
The thieves have already been banned from every store in Earth, Mars, and the rest of United Sol System.
Their only safe harbour is Magic Online.
The draft (Return To Return To Return To Ravnica 2: Eclectic Boogaloo: The Revenge flashback draft) goes well, onto game 1.
At turn 3, they time out, and file a reimbursement report to Wizards.
The promise is that all the issues will be fixed in the next version, and they get their tickets back.
A tear rolls down the man's face, hiding in the corners of his smile.
"After all this time, it's still the same."

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Joke's on them because....hehe wait for it.... *grunts* haha this one will be good..

MODO!

E: God drat Sephiroth you did it better too :eyepop:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Honestly at big tournaments they should just have judges/3rd party shufflers shuffling decks. Seems like it would avoid the problem entirely with little disruption.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Yawgmoth posted:

Honestly at big tournaments they should just have judges/3rd party shufflers shuffling decks. Seems like it would avoid the problem entirely with little disruption.

I believe you can ask a Judge to shuffle a deck, but I'm not sure how common a practice it is and/or the RELs at which it's possible.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Yawgmoth posted:

For... every game in every round and every shuffle?

I crack a fetch... JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE.

The shuffle rules assume people aren't twits because when people are twits magic isn't fun to play. However, as it turns out, magic players, well...

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Cernunnos posted:

Vintage Masters in paper at the World Championship.

Called it (sort of). That's going to be really fun for whoever gets to do it :).

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

My first round opponent at the only GP I've been to (Miami) asked a judge to shuffle his deck every time he needed it, and they had no problem. He had some sort of hand condition that presumably made it hard to do on his own.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Zero_Grade posted:

My first round opponent at the only GP I've been to (Miami) asked a judge to shuffle his deck every time he needed it, and they had no problem. He had some sort of hand condition that presumably made it hard to do on his own.

This works if like, a few people do it, sure. If everyone asks a judge to do it events are going to need a lot of judges.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Yawgmoth posted:

I don't think that's logistically feasible, Yawgmoth.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Attorney at Funk posted:

I don't think that's logistically feasible, Yawgmoth.

What are you talking about? Doesn't everybody have their own religiously fanatical army willing to do whatever they want available at the drop of a hat?

:v:

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Cernunnos posted:

What are you talking about? Doesn't everybody have their own religiously fanatical army willing to do whatever they want available at the drop of a hat?

:v:

Not a terrible description of the judge program.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Yawgmoth posted:

Deck randomization has been compleated.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
So on non-cheaty talk, how do you all decide what deck to take to events? There is an IQ coming up next weekend in modern format and the prizes are pretty good.

Prize Payout:
1st - $400, Modern Masters Booster Box, Qualification for a StarCityGames.com Invitational, 6 Points, IQ Playmat, Top 8 Pin
2nd - $200, Modern Master Booster Box, Qualification for a StarCityGames.com Invitational, 5 Points, IQ Playmat, Top 8 Pin
3rd-4th - $100, 1/2 Khans Booster Box, IQ
Playmat, Top 8 Pin
5th-8th - $50, 1/4 Khans Booster Box, IQ
Playmat, Top 8 Pin
9th-12th - 1/4 Khans Booster Box, IQ Playmat
13th-16th - 1/4 Khans Booster Box, Dice Bag

I have 4 decks, affinity, GR Tron, UR Delver, and Burn. I have played affinity the longest, tron 2nd, burn a bit (mostly as a test deck) and delver I just jumped on the treasure cruise bandwagon to see what it is all about. My favorite deck, independant of a meta is Tron. I honestly don't know what I should play, but I really would like to do well in this event.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

gang sines posted:

Deck randomization has been compleated.

"Ew, the judge got oil all over my sleeves!"

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Well what do you expect when handing your deck to a magic player!

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Zoness posted:

The case in point is that it's possible to accidentally shuffle in a shady-looking way and that's why punitive measures for cheaters are hard to deal out fairly and efficiently. I agree that the 2:35 shuffle looks pretty bad, but it's also somewhat plausible, and realistically a LOT of people have awful shuffling habits.
One I noticed I got a sneak peak accidentally while side shuffling years ago, I now compulsively look over my left shoulder while shuffling, so even if my hands look shady by accident it is very clear I can't see the cards.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Aaaaaaand my LGS snap closed on Wednesday due to some sort of contract fuckery. So much for having an FNM less than a 40 minute drive from home.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Yes, that Feldon.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Look at that flavor :swoon:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

SharkTattoos posted:

Look at that flavor :swoon:

That kind of thing is why I don't dismiss "MtG is a storygame" out of hand. That card tells an entire story by itself.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Well poo poo, now I have to build a red commander deck. Red sucks in commander...........

That is like the Vorthosiest card that ever Vorthos'd

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Red reanimator is a strange thing, but here it is! I'm surprised it doesn't exile the creature.

Edit: I saw these pop up on Facebook, but apparently they're from this coming Monday's DailyMTG update that got posted early.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
http://www.twitch.tv/ggslive

$50,000 TCGplayer.com MaxPoint™ Series Championship October 24th - 26th 1pm

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

BJPaskoff posted:

Red reanimator is a strange thing, but here it is! I'm surprised it doesn't exile the creature.

Edit: I saw these pop up on Facebook, but apparently they're from this coming Monday's DailyMTG update that got posted early.

i really like that it doesn't, ball lightning every turn!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
It's an amazing example of a good color pie bleed.

BJPaskoff posted:

I was surprised too, but they're clearly trying to make it more analogous to Twinflame-type effects than to Shallow Grave ones, even if in practice it ends up evoking the latter quite closely as well.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Cactrot posted:

i really like that it doesn't, ball lightning every turn!

Surely we can be more creative than that. With a Faithless Looting, anything is possible!

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

I noticed on the Suspended list that Ricky Sidher has a 6 month time out. Does anyone have the story on that?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

BJPaskoff posted:

I really like that you can make imperfect robot clones of the same thing forever. It's maximum tragedy.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Lieutenant rule is neat, guess there will be one in each colour/box.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Ramos posted:

Surely we can be more creative than that. With a Faithless Looting, anything is possible!

I'm sure there are better targets, it's just that Ball Lightning is one of my favorite cards from back in the day.

Edit: why even loot? Just run Wheel effects all day.

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 24, 2014

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.

Sam Stoddard posted:

Two of our mistakes in Theros block were Thoughtseize and Courser of Kruphix
Hm. They don't usually admit this sort of thing until the cards are out of Standard, do they? (At least not if the cards have avoided being so unhealthy as to eat a ban.)

He's also more down on Miracles and says we might not see them again, while MaRo's said they were popular and he thinks they'd come back.

Sleep of Bronze fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 24, 2014

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

What a beautiful design. Holy poo poo.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

He's like, the perfect missing piece to make my monored EDH deck do what I want it to. He makes Trash for Treasure playable!

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Could that go into the control slaver vintage decks? Can get back any artifact by grabbing a dead welder and having it weld itself. Or target Myr Battlesphere in the yard over and over to get a ton of Myr tokens into play. Dying to both bolt and decay seems bad, but to my somewhat vintage ignorant self there seems to be some potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Is there a creature that can untap Feldon and give you three mana when you reanimate it?

• Locked thread