Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The official name of Tarquin's group is the Vector Legion.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Brannock posted:

Tarquin is already a heel, so it'd be a face turn.

I KNEW there was a word for it!

Harl37
Oct 13, 2005

So very tired.
There's a new strip already.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0966.html

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Belkar doesn't buy Durkula's obvious ploy and neither do I. :colbert:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Who What Now posted:

Well if you did after the gloating evil look he gave Roy behind his back, we'd be pretty worried about your vision.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Holy poo poo, new comic already?

Two in the same week...I don't know if I can handle it. It's all too much. I can't even remember the last time Rich was feeling this okay.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Zoe posted:

Holy poo poo, new comic already?

Two in the same week...I don't know if I can handle it. It's all too much. I can't even remember the last time Rich was feeling this okay.
That's my secret, Cap. I'm always okay.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

So that's what he snuck off to do last strip. Checking the local temples to make sure there wasn't anyone high level enough to do it before he made the offer.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Colonel Cool posted:

So that's what he snuck off to do last strip. Checking the local temples to make sure there wasn't anyone high level enough to do it before he made the offer.

He terrified the appropriately levelled gnome priests into hiding.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Colonel Cool posted:

Calling it now: Durkula thinks he's in the clear, but it just so happens that one of the high priests has just/will come back from a pilgrimage.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Regalingualius posted:

Calling it now: Durkula thinks he's in the clear, but it just so happens that one of the high priests has just/will come back from a pilgrimage.

"You're in luck! One of the acolytes was cleaning one of the back storerooms and found a Rod of Resurrection with one charge left!"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Who What Now posted:

He must have either dumped a bunch of points in sense motive and/or finally did something useful to the party and picked up undead as one of his preferred enemies.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

A.o.D. posted:

He must have either dumped a bunch of points in sense motive and/or finally did something useful to the party and picked up undead as one of his preferred enemies.

Wait, I thought he had 'preferred enemy: everyone'?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

my dad posted:

Wait, I thought he had 'preferred enemy: everyone'?

Humanoid most likely.
:goonsay:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Ha, videogame jokes, nice.

Durkula's bluff is pretty clever (knowing that there aren't any high-enough level clerics around).

Before, I was thinking that he would be against resurrection, to the point of making Roy promise not to kill him without consent (which would put Roy in an ethical bind). Even ROY was surprised that Vampire-Durkon offered. Now though, Durkula's basically given Roy permission to off him if they do end up finding a suitable cleric (not for a long time, though).

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 24, 2014

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I have this weird hunch that Redcloak might be the one to do it in the end.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Rumda posted:

Humanoid most likely.
:goonsay:

Preferred enemy: yes please

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

A.o.D. posted:

Before the end of the last book he all but stated outright he had chosen undead as his preferred enemy.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

It makes sense considering he spent months stuck in a city where the only thing he was allowed to kill was undead.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Ooooh Durkon is clever. What else could a deity with no clerics want?

He's back in northern god territory now.
Very sly.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Colonel Cool posted:

It makes sense considering he spent months stuck in a city where the only thing he was allowed to kill was undead.

Yeah, went looking for the strip, it's soon after this book starts actually.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0957.html

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I expect he'll get away with it here, but it'll bite him in the rear end when they hit the Dwarven City which has High Priests of Thor and Odin on site. Cue some Death and Destruction for us all...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ikanreed posted:

Ooooh Durkon is clever. What else could a deity with no clerics want?

He's back in northern god territory now.
Very sly.

I hope this is it because the Order setting off a Vampirocalypse in the North without even realizing it would be great.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

I imagine that Belkar's business in the city involves lots and lots of anti-vampire magic items. Especially something that protects him against Domination.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ponsonby Britt posted:

I imagine that Belkar's business in the city involves lots and lots of anti-vampire magic items. Especially something that protects him against Domination.

good call

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

With everyone expecting Durkon to kill Belkar it'd be an amazing turnaround if Belkar ended up killing Durkon and then dying to something else instead.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Such as Roy's sword.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

My Lovely Horse posted:

Such as Roy's sword.

And in the end it really was dealing with Belkar that keeps Roy out of Heaven, just like the angel tried to warn him.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

My Lovely Horse posted:

It'd actually be a really good idea on Reecloak's part to use a True Resurrection or even a Miracle to cure and raise Durkon, if for no other reason than to strip him of all the bonuses. And to make him more susceptible to death effects.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Who What Now posted:

It'd actually be a really good idea on Reecloak's part to use a True Resurrection or even a Miracle to cure and raise Durkon, if for no other reason than to strip him of all the bonuses. And to make him more susceptible to death effects.

Don't those take hours to cast?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Ponsonby Britt posted:

I dunno, seems like this would take an uncharacteristic amount of common sense and forethought on Belkar's part. But I guess he really has been developing a lot lately, and he's been hanging out with V...it'll be a big step for the little guy but maybe he's finally ready to try and come up with a plan for dealing with an enemy beyond 'abruptly stab in the face'.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Zoe posted:

I dunno, seems like this would take an uncharacteristic amount of common sense and forethought on Belkar's part. But I guess he really has been developing a lot lately, and he's been hanging out with V...it'll be a big step for the little guy but maybe he's finally ready to try and come up with a plan for dealing with an enemy beyond 'abruptly stab in the face'.
Even if it's just "make sure I can abruptly stab him in the face".

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Shwqa posted:

Any revive spell takes 10 minutes, but Miracle is a standard action.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Shwqa posted:

Zogundar posted:

Any revive spell takes 10 minutes, but Miracle is a standard action.

Nothing says that the body needs to be present during the casting, only touched at the end of the casting. So with proper timing he could pull it off?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zoe posted:

He's been Dominated a few times lately and forced to do things harmful to himself. He doesn't need to be smart to recognise that pattern and try to keep it from happening again.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

My Lovely Horse posted:

Thinking about it, Hel's plans will probably clash with The Dark One's, since they both want to tamper with the deity hierarchy. Which means their High Priests will have to clash at some point, and reviving Durkon is a surefire way to 'defeat' Hel's High Priest.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I am sure we'll be seeing Helga at some point. Loki would help out his mother with whatever her plan is.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Johnny Aztec posted:

I am sure we'll be seeing Helga at some point. Loki would help out his mother with whatever her plan is.

You've got it backwards; Loki is Hel's father. Also Fenrir's and Jormungandr's.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Roland Jones posted:

Yeah, that is right. I probably shouldn't post in the early hours in the morning after work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Roland Jones posted:

Also Sleipnir's mother. Loki is, uh, a bit weird.