Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

The Argarok summon is much, much stronger than the Manhandla one and juggles the poo poo out of captains, not to mention it's a solid keep clearer.

The Fairy, as you say, is pretty much useless against enemy captains outside of the basic combo. I mean, you can try the BBBY combo, but the bombs might either miss entirely or they might all hit and do a zillion damage.

Oh argorok is definitely stronger, but manhandla isn't as useless as it looks was my point. Its seed barrage hurts if it hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

RyokoTK posted:

So?

They won't do anything. They might spawn raid captains, in which case they'll most likely just get snarled up against your own captains and not do anything anyway.

The proximity of one keep to another is almost completely irrelevant. If it's not your base, and if it's not a keep you need to keep to complete the mission, then it's almost completely meaningless.

It turns out that the keep they spawn in is randomized, so the next time I played they spawned in and took over an enemy keep. This made things a lot easier for me.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I'm going to offer what I know is a controversial opinion: Ganondorf sucks and is unfun.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm going to offer what I know is a controversial opinion: Ganondorf sucks and is unfun.

I'm going to poo poo on the floor and rub your face in it.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm going to offer what I know is a controversial opinion: Zelda sucks and is unfun.

Looks like you made a typo, but I totally agree, man.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

larchesdanrew posted:

Looks like you made a typo, but I totally agree, man.

You both made typos, sorry. The only sucky, unfun character is Zant. The rest are all cool and/or strong.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

chumbler posted:

You both made typos, sorry. The only sucky, unfun character is Zant. The rest are all cool and/or strong.

I could make a strong point for Agitha but gently caress does Zant suck. I dread seeing missions that are limited to him :sigh:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Agitha is less fun than Zant. Get Zant his level 3 weapon and he's fine, if not great. Agitha still sucks no matter what.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Zant might be bad, but I think he's a blast to play. Among the roster of regal, composed, and intimidating characters, he's just this absolutely unhinged wacko whooping and howling as he flails around like the madman he is.

And every now and then he flails around so much he gets dizzy and falls over.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Which mission is it that gives Darunia his rank 2 mission? There's some missions I need to beat with him and it feels hopeless with his current selection of levels. He's overall my least favorite, I think 😭

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Zant is great at everything except for killing Giant Bosses. Agitha can often whiff her basic B combos because they are that god damned slow and everything she does stops her dead in place.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Zant is great at everything except for killing Giant Bosses. Agitha can often whiff her basic B combos because they are that god damned slow and everything she does stops her dead in place.

Also Agitha has really annoying VO and I'm pretty sure she takes more damage then any other character. When I play her it feels like I lose more hearts to most things, and against her she seems to die faster then any other character.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Don't even try to hit things with her light attacks. Don't even think of them as attacks. They're just a little dance you have to go through to summon a tornado or a big beetle, and you shouldn't attempt it if there's an enemy up in your face that you haven't launched yet

Edit: kind of like with the summoning gate, except in that case if there's an enemy in your face you drop a strong attack on it.

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 24, 2014

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Kaubocks posted:

I'm going to poo poo on the floor and rub your face in it.

Not that this post deserves it, but I decided I should at least explain why I don't like the Dorf so far. I want to like him, but things bother me, including

- The linearity and slow speed of his weak combo.
- How punishable he is while charging his meter, especially compared to pretty much every other meter character in the game.
- His Strong Attack is strong and cool but also slow and entirely vulnerable, which is rough when the move is a point blank AoE thing.
- His YYYX feels like it has less range than the animation.
- His YYYYX takes forever to drop the ball down.

I do like his special and his weak point smash a lot, both have pretty huge coverage.

As far as Zant goes, his meter gimmick is probably worse but it feels like it's safer to charge it, use it, and recharge it while in the thick of battle. His weak combo also has better coverage around him than Ganondorf's. For Agitha, her weak combo is really slow and immobile but her beetle enders are really strong and I like both the YYX and YYYYX combos for taking out The Imprisoned's toes without being in range of the stomp damage.

Edit: Someone mentioned Zelda, she seems pretty okay to me. The Wind Waker is a lot of fun and pretty different from a lot of the other weapons. I guess the Rapier is a bit boring but they can't all be super unique I guess, and it does at least have the charges that make her strong finishers sorta variable going for it.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
How to play as Ganondorf:

1. Enter a keep.
2. YYYYYX one time
3. Kill Keep Boss
4. Repeat

His strong attack is best for dealing with a single captain, or for clearing keeps that don't have a captain in them.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Shadowlyger posted:

How to play as Ganondorf:

1. Enter a keep.
2. YYYYYX one time
3. Kill Keep Boss
4. Repeat

His strong attack is best for dealing with a single captain, or for clearing keeps that don't have a captain in them.

Also giant boss weak point breaks, and you usually have enough time to charge back up while they recover. Dorf's BBBY is legit kinda useless, but his BBY is very underrated. It has long range, good damage, and pops enemies up for juggling. He's plenty effective if you just mash out his basic combo, but he can definitely do more. Plus all of his costumes are good.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I thought I recalled his C6 combo being relatively vulnerable just like his Strong Attack, but I'll have to try using it more given the recommendations in here.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

C6 is vulnerable if you're crazy and you use it around an officer or general. If you just walk into a keep and none are around or you see a group of enemies where the tough guys are distracted by your own units, go ahead and swipe that giant fuckoff demon arm. Little tiny baby enemies are so unlikely to attack you and even if they do it's not going to cancel the animation. It can kill 100+ units easy due to its insane range and damage.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Heck, I routinely use it on Captains and poo poo and still get away with it. The chance of getting hurt is outweighed by the sheer damage it does.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Ganondorf is the character you use to wade into huge masses of enemies and just not give a gently caress. If you're trying to dodge all around and not get hit you're doing it wrong.

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008
It's also great on characters that are going through long animations before revealing their weak points if you can time it right. Against Cia, I'd start a combo right when I saw her raise her staff, and if it was the four-Link attack, she'd reveal her weakpoint just in time to get whalloped. And the range was so long her attack couldn't hit me.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Alacron posted:

Ganondorf is the character you use to wade into huge masses of enemies and just not give a gently caress. If you're trying to dodge all around and not get hit you're doing it wrong.

Well if you're trying to get A-rank, getting hit is sort of an issue.

'Dorf is far from the worst character, but his weapon missions were a bit frustrating.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think it would be cool if Ganondorf had his trident from Link to the Past

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that Wizzro is both my favorite and my best character in the Master Quest DLC. His combos aren't really anything special but man just his standard attacks demolish everything, especially captain weak points. I'm still having trouble getting the timing down for his lazer beam combo, I always end up pressing the button early or late.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Does stage difficulty affect exp rates? Because it seems like the easiest way to level grind is to just play some easy mode stages.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Where can I get tons of ReDead Bandages?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Where can I get tons of ReDead Bandages?

The second twilight level in Legend Mode has a lot of them.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

What is Midna's best combo for big boss weak point meters? I can clear crowds with her but bosses can be annoying

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

What is Midna's best combo for big boss weak point meters? I can clear crowds with her but bosses can be annoying

YYX is my method, and I'm pretty sure you can break a meter in one go if your timing is good. That said, I usually throw down a special to make sure I get them before they stand back up.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

mabels big day posted:

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that Wizzro is both my favorite and my best character in the Master Quest DLC. His combos aren't really anything special but man just his standard attacks demolish everything, especially captain weak points. I'm still having trouble getting the timing down for his lazer beam combo, I always end up pressing the button early or late.

You need to get on top of timing the death ray right, it does really good damage and enemies won't block it most of the time since the combo leading up to it pops them up. Wizzro is super strong, just a little on the slow side for me.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I've played several more missions with Ganondorf, gained him 15-20 levels, and earned his third tier of weapon, and I still feel about the same as I expressed earlier. However, I'm starting to think that has less to do with anything related to the Dorf himself and more to do with half the map spots on the second row requiring him and most of those being annoying missions.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you don't like "Attend the festival of Cuccos" you have no soul

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I attended the festival of cuccos and all I got was a B-rank.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Just finished the level 2 baton mission with exactly 4,000 damage, getting me a B.

Not that it matters, because I forgot to search twice to unlock the reward anyway.

:suicide:

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I still haven't found the Cucco Festival Level yet...

I got some serious game time in tonight. I kept playing a level over and over where you fight bosses so I can get silver or gold material drops so I can boost my Sheik even higher.

I love Sheik, she slaughters so much!

This game is addicting!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Speaking of which, how do you raise the odds of getting gold material drops?

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Speaking of which, how do you raise the odds of getting gold material drops?

I've found 2 ways to increase "rare" material drops.

One is to use a weapon that has the skill slot of "Materials+"

Another is to mix a potion in the apothecary (in the bazaar) and use it during battle. There are potions to give a small or a moderate boost to material drop rarity. These potions are expensive (you have to use materials to make them) and each potion is one use only.

So, if you really want some gold materials, increase your chances fighting with a Materials+ slotted item AND drink a materials boosting potion (I believe it costs about 5 silver rarity materials to craft one potion). The more gold skulltulas you have killed the more powerful potions you can make in the apothecary found in the bazaar.

Edit: Lately my Network Links have a gold material as the reward for clearing them. So, turn the network feature on in the options menu (it is off by default for some reason) and if you see a network link with a reward of a gold bag, you get a random gold rarity item upon successfully clearing the level.

Spectacle Rock fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 25, 2014

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Also they have a higher chance to drop in higher difficulties and harder Adventure mode maps

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Finally found the last Skulltula that completes the giant bosses illustration and tried out the rewards map.

Holy loving poo poo.

That was..a bit difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I know gold and silver materials drop like candy during Master Quest missions and the Rewards Map.

• Locked thread