Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StateOwned
Dec 30, 2005

this lane closed

Shaggar posted:

using ant is embarrassing.

you are right but there are CERTAIN GOVERNMENT AGENCIES that literally force you to use it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

use the c++ connector for mysql for a bad time

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BONGHITZ posted:

use mysql for a bad time

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

StateOwned posted:

you are right but there are CERTAIN GOVERNMENT AGENCIES that literally force you to use it

ant can import classpath & etc from maven with one weird jar they don't want you to know about

so

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

StateOwned posted:

these government agencies are terrible

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
gently caress developers who make code publicly available without meaningful documentation :argh:

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

gently caress developers who make code publicly available without meaningful documentation :argh:

no, gently caress you, ingrate!

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

ChiralCondensate posted:

no, gently caress you, ingrate!

You're wrong

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

prefect posted:

name & shame plz

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Today I encountered CommentUtilityModel.java in our code and giggled shamelessly as I typed "CUM" and hit Ctrl-Space over and over

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Janitor Prime posted:

You're wrong
No you are! i was being hyperbolic

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

prefect posted:

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
uh the code is the documentation *resumes writing hoon compiler*

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CPColin posted:

Today I encountered CommentUtilityModel.java in our code and giggled shamelessly as I typed "CUM" and hit Ctrl-Space over and over

funy computer

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

uh the code is the documentation *resumes writing hoon compiler*

*writes 4000 character method signature* well you said it should be self documenting

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

next county over is apparently hiring COBOL and RPG programmers to operate the "school district main computer" at $55k/yr :gonk:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brain Candy posted:

name & shame plz

https://github.com/bernd/fpm-cookery

it's a ruby thing that runs another ruby thing to automate creation of rpms, so of course it's a nightmare. but there's so much stuff where you're assumed to either know everything or be happy with whatever the magical defaults are :argh:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

prefect posted:

it's a ruby thing that runs another ruby thing to automate creation of rpms

lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

and i think of shaggar every time i get angry at it

seriously, yospos has broken my brain :psyduck:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

prefect posted:

and i think of shaggar every time i get angry at it

seriously, yospos has broken my brain :psyduck:

no, you had a broken brain to yospost in the first place

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

CAVEATS
No recipe documentation and API documentation yet.

listed in the readme, so clearly you rage doesn't count :smug:

(the project is over a year old)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brain Candy posted:

CAVEATS

i get the feeling that it would all make sense if i were an expert at homebrew

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
which you shouldn't be anyway because gently caress homebrew

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
the other day i compiled a 15 line python script to an EXE because my coworker cant be arsed to install pythong and the resulting folder, exe and dlls, was 130MB

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
why did you write it in python if it needed to run somewhere python wouldn't be installed?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Shaggar posted:

why did you write it in python if it needed to run somewhere python wouldn't be installed?

it sounds like he's a terrible programmer

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

Shaggar posted:

like everything at my job, it was a bait-and-switch

i fired off a ton of applications this month though. shouldn't be here much longer

i'd already be gone if i could stomach living in georgia, but i turned that offer down after a lot of deliberation

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Brain Candy posted:

CAVEATS

documentation would just be out of date anyway, read the tests if you want to know how to use it

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Corla Plankun posted:

i'd already be gone if i could stomach living in georgia, but i turned that offer down after a lot of deliberation

good call

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

prefect posted:

https://github.com/bernd/fpm-cookery

it's a ruby thing that runs another ruby thing to automate creation of rpms, so of course it's a nightmare. but there's so much stuff where you're assumed to either know everything or be happy with whatever the magical defaults are :argh:

lol i did something like this to package mac dependencies into relative dylibs/libraries so people could run my poo poo without installing homebrew themselves

but i basically just did it by overriding everything in homebrew. and i didnt release it to the world because it was a horror

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

a bloo a place with good weather, national parks, and a city full of hipsters sucks because it contains people who disagree with my political alignment

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Luigi Thirty posted:

a bloo a place with good weather, national parks, and a city full of hipsters sucks because it contains people who disagree with my political alignment

georgia has good weather? :confused:

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

goerga sucks

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

prefect posted:

georgia has good weather? :confused:

140 degrees in the shade and 110% humidity 8 months out of the year owns dude

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
last time i was in Atlanta i did get to watch a dude getting mugged at an ATM at 1:30 in the afternoon on a weekday in the middle of downtown as i was eating lunch in a restaurant across the street which was nice i guess

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Stringent posted:

140 degrees in the shade and 110% humidity 8 months out of the year owns dude

I'm from Florida and I say kill em all

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

the cool thing about national parks is they are literally sprinkled throughout the entire nation

also i like snow a lot

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
yo i'm legit impostering right now 'cause i'm super underpaid, do way more work than i get paid for, and know i'm worth way more but i can't even loving process what would happen if i don't get the raise i want

like where would i go? what would i do?

:smith:

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Blinkz0rz posted:

yo i'm legit impostering right now 'cause i'm super underpaid, do way more work than i get paid for, and know i'm worth way more but i can't even loving process what would happen if i don't get the raise i want

like where would i go? what would i do?

:smith:

you would send out your resume, just like you should do today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
also what's the deal with literally every company out there being a "B2B marketing analytics firm""

• Locked thread