Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

And really, a pretty hilarious way to go out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Josh Lyman posted:

And really, a pretty hilarious way to go out.

Child abuse is hilarious? :(

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Was he a big Trek fan?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

IRQ posted:

I don't get it.

Recommending to someone else to buy a fuckin fire phone

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

I don't see a Justified thread anywhere, but the first teaser for the final season is out, and it's beautiful.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I was never a huge Simpsons fan and haven't watched it in years, but when I was a kid in the late 90s, I came across the audio in this clip and thought it was hilarious. I even had my dad listen to it.

I forgot about it after, but lately, it seems to be making a comeback in Reddit comments. Is it actually a thing that I was just oblivious to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_pqnsKWlpc

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

precision posted:

In a black comedy super trainwreck way.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Josh Lyman posted:

I was never a huge Simpsons fan and haven't watched it in years, but when I was a kid in the late 90s, I came across the audio in this clip and thought it was hilarious. I even had my dad listen to it.

I forgot about it after, but lately, it seems to be making a comeback in Reddit comments. Is it actually a thing that I was just oblivious to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_pqnsKWlpc

Everyone I know is very familiar with this clip. "That's bad" and "That's good" are commonly said in a Homer voice between my friends and I. It's one of my more often quoted bits.

Yeah, it's a thing.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, it's a thing.

Oh, that's bad

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Everyone I know is very familiar with this clip. "That's bad" and "That's good" are commonly said in a Homer voice between my friends and I. It's one of my more often quoted bits.

Yeah, it's a thing.
Well poo poo, all my friends in college and grad school must have been uncool.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kerry Washington in Scandal is basically an overacting African American version of Ellen Pompeo in Grey's Anatomy.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Toxxupation posted:

Recommending to someone else to buy a fuckin fire phone

Are they garbage or something? I just thought they were completely pointless to get over a regular android device (like the Fire TV and Fire tablet).

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

Are they garbage or something? I just thought they were completely pointless to get over a regular android device (like the Fire TV and Fire tablet).

Amazon just dropped their price to $.99 (from $99) with a contract. It's only been six weeks.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Amazon has hundreds of millions in unsold Fire Phone inventory.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Thwomp posted:

Amazon just dropped their price to $.99 (from $99) with a contract. It's only been six weeks.

I took a look at the specs, and my GS4 that came out 18 months ago is better in every way except a slightly slower processor and isn't on amazon's lovely locked down android forks? Who did they think was going to buy this?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cardboard Box A posted:

Amazon has hundreds of millions in unsold Fire Phone inventory.

Guess they need a...fire sale!!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Kurtofan posted:

Guess they need a...fire sale!!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

IRQ posted:

I took a look at the specs, and my GS4 that came out 18 months ago is better in every way except a slightly slower processor and isn't on amazon's lovely locked down android forks? Who did they think was going to buy this?

Also the build quality is poo poo and the phone feels cheap, like a chinese knockoff of a smartphone

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Josh Lyman posted:

I've been saying this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVXJmfd3cmg

for 20 years and I'll be saying it till the day I die. Eat poo poo, haters. :colbert:

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

precision posted:

Here comes Honey Boo Hoo. :eng99:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

precision posted:

It's all in how the child takes the hit, really.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, it's a thing.

I'm just gonna link this instead of embedding the whole thing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

oshuaj posted:

I don't see a Justified thread anywhere, but the first teaser for the final season is out, and it's beautiful.

So hype. Why isn't it January yet?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ravane posted:

Here comes Honey Boo Hoo. :eng99:

I thought it was the pedo who came.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

I thought it was the pedo who came.

Then they made him a mod and he left.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
C- Aatrek joke

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I guess most of y'all have gotten tired of Modern Family. I thought I was too but this season has been really good again actually.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IRQ posted:

The same people who bought their inferior locked down tablets, I guess.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

IRQ posted:

All those people who bought (and used) a 3D TV.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

tk posted:

All those people who bought (and used) a 3D TV.

I think I'm missing a joke here.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

3D TVs are a dumb gimmick that pretty much died already. It's for suckers.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I've been thinking about shows that I've watched some of and never finished. Damages: I loved the first season, and than season 2 was so awful that I never returned. Does the show get good again, up to season 1's standards? I'd also be interested to know if the final season had a satisfying conclusion. I believe it was one of those situations where they knew they were ending right?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

LibbyM posted:

I've been thinking about shows that I've watched some of and never finished. Damages: I loved the first season, and than season 2 was so awful that I never returned. Does the show get good again, up to season 1's standards? I'd also be interested to know if the final season had a satisfying conclusion. I believe it was one of those situations where they knew they were ending right?

Season 3 was better than Season 2, and 4 was pretty good. 5 wasn't great, though it did at least have a definitive ending. It really depends on how much you enjoy the seasonal guest actors (Martin Short is excellent in 3, for example). The biggest problem with the show is that they got too wrapped up in the whole "mysterious bits of the future glimpsed throughout the season" motif and kept using it long after it had lost any effectiveness and simply become annoying. Really the whole directing style over time just seemed to ramp up the weird little things that worked in the first season, so by the end a lot of the show felt incoherent.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think season three of Damages was probably my favorite season. Joe Tobin's arc and spiral out of control was great tragic TV.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Deadpool posted:

I think season three of Damages was probably my favorite season. Joe Tobin's arc and spiral out of control was great tragic TV.

Agreed on this - Campbell Scott is an excellent and annoyingly underused actor.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Aye Doc posted:

this is why I haven't watched Transparent yet. once you get the piece of poo poo installed, it doesn't have Chromecast support.

Even their website is terrible. When i tried watching Transparent it told me that I didn't have Silverlight installed. After installing that piece of crap, it obviously didn't recognize it until I tried opening the website in IE and then began streaming it in a horrendous quality, while claiming that everything was in HD.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

oshuaj posted:

I'm pretty sure I stopped watching the show after the season where they're chasing after a bank robber for the entire 13 episodes. I don't know, the sameness of Justified didn't really incentives me to catch up when there's so many other good shows on the air. How do the later seasons fare?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Speaking of Damages the same creative team are making a show for Netflix starring Kyle Chandler. He's not playing an inspirational father figure this time around.

http://www.avclub.com/article/netflix-teases-new-series-bloodline-kyle-chandler--210975

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

3D TVs are a dumb gimmick that pretty much died already. It's for suckers.

You say that but I own a 3D and everyone loves popping the glasses on in a private setting. Starz has 3D movies on demand, the Blu-rays really aren't much more expensive than the standard releases, U-Verse had a 3D channel during/for the last Olympics, and it's a bit of a spectacle in social environments when you can just throw a bunch of music videos up on a Youtube playlist and convert them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

soapgish posted:

You say that but I own a 3D and everyone loves popping the glasses on in a private setting. Starz has 3D movies on demand, the Blu-rays really aren't much more expensive than the standard releases, U-Verse had a 3D channel during/for the last Olympics, and it's a bit of a spectacle in social environments when you can just throw a bunch of music videos up on a Youtube playlist and convert them.

loving lol at 3D conversion being anything other than hot garbage. 3D is good if a thing was shot in 3D (which is, basically, Avatar or cartoons rendered in 3D).

Do you at least have the passive 3D glasses, or are you talking the ridiculous giant shutter goggles?

• Locked thread