Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

johntfs posted:

I'm waiting for the inevitable moment when Moloch's army marches into Sleepy Hollow and the only defense against is the Colonial Historical Society's Re-enactors.

Only if Crane gets a speech where he states that their battle will be one reenacted for the ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mr. Fowl posted:

I liked how this episode they expanded on the re-enactments a bit. It's good to know that Crane has fully committed to the hobby--he needs something to do when he's not saving the world.

Well, for one it makes him confortable. More importantly, though, he could hardly claim to want his clothes for a re-enactment if he then didn't show up to any of the local societies.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
I particularly liked Crane's reaction to finding Abby not breathing after he pulls her out of the water. He doesn't even consider there's anything he can do.

Lefty Lugubrious
Apr 30, 2006

Well I don't think CPR was a thing back in his day.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Lefty Lugubrious posted:

Well I don't think CPR was a thing back in his day.

Yeah that's what Croisquessein meant, and I thought it was a really nice touch as well. Something I wouldn't have even thought of but ends up being a nice way to have Han Solo Nathan Drake Indiana Jones Hawley save the day. Definitely something that a less competent show probably wouldn't have even thought about.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hawley is most definitely "Nathan Drake: Surfs Up Edition".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Does Hawley's boat-crib ehave any walls? Can it you live there during a New England winter?

Abraham got friendzonned and tries to be a Nice Guy. Henry hates his parents. Moloch really does go for the easily-manipulated immature types. We saw that Pestilence wore samurai armor in the season 1 Roanoke episode, so I'm hoping his human form has a dakimura and sexy anime figurine collection.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Moloch and his army of petty assholes are really commentary on bureaucracy and how dumb asses fall upwards into positions.

The idea is hilarious to me and you can't tell me otherwise.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

Koalas March posted:

Katrina killed her. She says Mary tripped on a root and bumped her head but if that was true why would her spirit be so focused on drowning? Why didn't Katrina the nurse check her vitals or attempt any help at all? Katrina is shady and with the list of lies Ichabod rattled off and his continuous monologues about trust idk why anyone would trust her.

A million times this. I don't trust Katrina at all. She's a super spy and the first note she sends is a love letter? Unless that was supposed to be code.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Tupping Liberty posted:

A million times this. I don't trust Katrina at all. She's a super spy and the first note she sends is a love letter? Unless that was supposed to be code.

She is a super-spy, which is why her first letter is a love note. Katrina is not going to send off stuff that would prove that she's just there to spy on Abraham and Jeremy. They'd stick her in the binding ritual as soon as they found the note. Instead, that was a trial run. If it gets through, Katrina knows that method works and that she can send notes with actual, incriminating intelligence. However, if a jealous Abraham(and/or a smug Henry) comes in clutching the note, she knows that method failed and says something like "Oh, Abraham/Jeremy, darling, I'm sorry. It was a moment of weakness. I feel so lonely here, so isolated. I never knew where you or Jeremy are and it feels me with uncertainty. I just wish you would trust me more, confide in me, so that we can build a real relationship based on trust. Like the one I hav-, had, with Ichabod/your father..."

johntfs fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 24, 2014

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's also clear that Katrina is driving a wedge between Abraham and Henry.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gonz posted:

Hawley is most definitely "Nathan Drake: Surfs Up Edition".

As a straight man i can say without any hesitation, He is one handsome bastard. Totally got his Drake on.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
http://youtu.be/ba8dtjlj-M0

Oh Jesus, John Noble's amazing. :allears:

They're actuly cutting local TV-quality ads for Parish & Cipher Attorneys.

I love this show. I loving love it.

E: I want this to be canon so loving much. I want to believe that Henry's spending his off hours filming lovely SCTV-style comericals for his fake law firm to drum up new damnation business.

Please FOX, let this be a thing.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 24, 2014

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That's great and I'm so happy that John Noble managed to land on this show. He's a perfect fit.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I loved the MOLOCH WILL RISE flash at the end, as well as the scrolling list of legal "problems." Brilliance.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Koalas March posted:

Katrina killed her. She says Mary tripped on a root and bumped her head but if that was true why would her spirit be so focused on drowning?

Tupping Liberty posted:

A million times this. I don't trust Katrina at all.
This was what I thought after the episode too. The main characteristic of drowned ghost woman is that she drowned and was kind of obsessed with her drowning and wants to drown others for revenge. Katrina's story was "oh, she didn't drown, she bumped her head accidentally." So we've got two conflicting stories, but only one of them is from a person whose only function in the series so far seems to be to show up and lie about things.

Remember, it was Katrina's own coven, the supposed good guys, who trapped her in Purgatory. They said it was for her involvement with Ichabod... which is probably at least partly true, but eternity in Purgatory seems like a pretty harsh punishment for just that. I'm beginning to suspect Katrina is into some darker poo poo than we've been led to believe. (which is really saying something)

Seems more likely that she decided that Mary needed to be removed from Ichabod's life, met Mary at the riverbank as shown, and Mary suddenly found herself dragged into the river by magically animated underwater plants.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 24, 2014

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
She also pretty casually says "oh ps, I need to use black magic to kill Mary for good. Which I can do now with no problems despite explicitly saying earlier that my powers were weakened post-purgatory."

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ravenfood posted:

She also pretty casually says "oh ps, I need to use black magic to kill Mary for good. Which I can do now with no problems despite explicitly saying earlier that my powers were weakened post-purgatory."

maybe she needed to use the black magic to strengthen her currently weakened powers. Or her powers weren't strong enough so she had to use the black magic.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

Well, we see her trapped by Henry and Abraham, and she doesn't seem to want to be there (at least before she decided to stay and act as a mole), so it seems she really is weakened when she's there, and we hear Henry talk about the wards he's using to contain her. But after she arrived fresh from Purgatory she might just have needed a bit of a warmup and then she'd be good, if not for being abducted by Headless and all. So probably a combination of bad timing and lack of use, she seems to have it together now.

Robot Hobo posted:

Seems more likely that she decided that Mary needed to be removed from Ichabod's life, met Mary at the riverbank as shown, and Mary suddenly found herself dragged into the river by magically animated underwater plants.

An episode ago I'd have said you were reaching but now I can totally believe she'd be willing to do that.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah I think the show is heading in that direction as well, we already seen a few hints that not everyone on the side of good is really all that good, the masons were really shady and if they weren't killed off so quickly I am sure we would have found out some more seedy poo poo about them.

edit: I mean its kinda clear since the theme of this season is new allies who are bit iffy. We have Franklinstien's monster, rogue adventurer Hawley, and foreboding Sheriff.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 25, 2014

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Hawley is the definition of mercenary. Hawley is therefore a Hessian.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Just rewatched the John Noble viral ad. I love the intentionally terrible editing on like, like how there's signs that they had to edit out him cackling manically after he says "I'll go to WAR for you."

It's just beautiful.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Croisquessein posted:

An episode ago I'd have said you were reaching...
Yeah, me too. This show moves fast.

mr.capps posted:

the theme of this season is new allies who are bit iffy. We have Franklinstien's monster, rogue adventurer Hawley, and foreboding Sheriff.
It's not limited to the good guys' side. Team Moloch currently consists of an ancient man-child who is literally breaking down into tears because daddy yelled at him, a guy who would almost certainly turn on anyone who harms the woman he loves (which is constantly almost happening), and a guy who's been dragged in by blood-contract but absolutely does not want anything to do with these assholes. Every one of them has their own agenda and is just barely going along with Moloch's big picture in the first place.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Robot Hobo posted:

Yeah, me too. This show moves fast.

It's not limited to the good guys' side. Team Moloch currently consists of an ancient man-child who is literally breaking down into tears because daddy yelled at him, a guy who would almost certainly betray everyone if they harmed the woman he loves (which they almost do, constantly), and a guy who's been dragged in by blood-contract but absolutely does not want anything to do with these assholes. Every one of them has their own agenda and is just barely going along with Moloch's big picture in the first place.

The war between heaven and hell will be contested by two sides who are vying to outlast the other side's comedy of incompetence.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

Robot Hobo posted:

a guy who would almost certainly turn on anyone who harms the woman he loves (which is constantly almost happening),

We've got a couple of those on Moloch's side. One is too cowardly to turn on Moloch but is secretly working against him, the other might not be fully aware of what Moloch's ultimate plans are for his lady and might not agree with the situation he ends up with. What does it mean to be the "shard" or whatever? After he's promised her the throne of a queen Moloch might just end up putting her in a boiling cauldron with a bunch of other ingredients, who knows.

E: I assumed you were talking about Irving with the blood contract thing, if not, there's another one who's not on board.

E2: just caught the Parish & Cipher ad, holy poo poo. "Son's doll accused of murder? Got food poisoning from sin eating?"

Croisquessein fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Oct 25, 2014

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Henry might have his work cut out for him if he ever has to try a case against this guy.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

nine-gear crow posted:

Just rewatched the John Noble viral ad. I love the intentionally terrible editing on like, like how there's signs that they had to edit out him cackling manically after he says "I'll go to WAR for you."

It's just beautiful.

Yeah, they got all the schlocky effects from terrible lawyer commercials and John caps it off by using his eyes to convey the feeling he's reading everything from a badly placed teleprompter / gopher holding up the script on cue cards.

Ravenfood posted:

Henry mentioned earlier in the episode that he had placed wards around the house to prevent Katrina from using her full power and talked about strengthening them if necessary. When Mary teleported Katrina to the river to drown her, she was removed from the effect of those wards and so was able to cast the spell effectively.

"...A grimacing lemon caricature! That should do the trick!" Ichabod's dialogue is priceless.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Double-jug

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ichabod Crane: Toaster Supreme.

Edit: Ahahahaha trying to remember superheroes.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 28, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Superman is... Peter Parker?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

If I spent all my time in a cop car, I'd probably gently caress around with the breathalyzer all the time too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I won! :D

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So tonight's episode is a crossover with Hannibal?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
One Smokey Bear...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Video gaaaaaames!

Ichabod play the game.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Tonight in plot summaries that make you sound like a crazy person: Daniel Boone wore a coonskin cap to cover scars from a Wendigo attack.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Fox if you're gonna make side videos, please have Ichabod play Assassin's Creed 3 and just go to town on it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"He preferred beaver pelt" I'll bet.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This show's imagining of a Wendigo is really cool. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

This show's imagining of a Wendigo is really cool. :stare:

They generally have pretty good creature design.

• Locked thread