Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Petitioning Games Workshop Limited :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
someone give that turbonerd a fuckin' swirlie

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

BULBASAUR posted:

If you really dig into the rules, the Dreadclaw is pretty good. Its better than a drop pod for an assault squad, but worse than one for a suicide shooting squad. At least in the HH books you need to think of it as a 1st turn flier that can assault turn 2 and not an armored deepstrike cylinder.

I dunno. I mean, it gives them marginally better protection because they can hide inside the hull of the vehicle, but it's really not all that hard to bring down (being AV12 and all) and it doesn't have Inertial Guidance, so you can't really DS all that safely near things. Its actual functionality is not awful, but being that it does almost exactly the same job as a Drop Pod but trades out the gun for the Melta Strike thing (which isn't melta and isn't strong enough to hurt a lot of vehicles >.> ) for more than three times the cost. If it'd been ~70pts maybe (it's definitely worth more than 35 due to being mobile), but 100pts is an awful price for a disposable transport. It costs almost as much as a Wave Serpent, for god's sake.

Post 9-11 User posted:

AbusePuppy is that Taylor Swift at a nerd shop?

:stonk: I... I have no idea. I guess I've become important enough to deserve another custom av? Thanks, somebody!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Looks like it's a video game store.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I don't know why anyone anywhere thinks online petitions do anything.

krushgroove posted:

This thread tends to not like really enthusiastic people on YouTube sometimes?

I've always been a fan of them, although I haven't watched any of their videos in quite a while. Their painting videos are really helpful too. One of my group's players watches all of their narrative campaign videos, I've been meaning to catch up.
It's not that they're enthusiastic that bothers me, I just find them incredibly annoying. Most battle reports are just spent cringing as the guy behind the camera tries to be funny and fails really, really hard. My favorite was one of the "banter batreps" I think, and the guy kept making bad jokes and looking at the other guy and he just looked really confused then the camera would pan over to these two 12-14 year old kids in the corner who just look like they don't want to be there. If you want battle reports on Youtube, Striking Scorpion 82 is the guy to go to. He doesn't try to be funny, he just has really beautiful armies on really beautiful tables and doesn't tell you much more than he needs to. The production quality is really good, with music and slides inbetween shots saying what's going on.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Speaking of battle reports, you should post one! :orks: :orks101:

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

Ghost Hand, call up FW and tell them their release schedule is awful. I don't want to buy Solar Auxilia until the book is out, but I also want to start Ultramarines. It's cruel to release them both.

They gotta get out ahead of the writing. The writing has been outpacing the models. Either way no one is happy. Or you just wait for them to release all at once...?

Either way someone is unhappy I suppose!

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

NTRabbit posted:

I've noticed that every Youtube content producer and every web comic artist has goons that hate them and are more than willing to tell you all about it if you bring up that you like them anywhere on the forums :v:

Except for Kate Beaton anyway. So far.

People are going to hate my video blogs when I travel to WHW in about a week then :P

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Genghis Cohen posted:

Where are you getting 'demolisher cannon' from? I don't see one there. If it's any comfort most FW transports are overcosted. I really like the idea, in huge games, of those Gorgon super-heavy transports, but the points cost is a joke.

Forgeworld has gotten better with their transport rules. The Gorgon is pretty bad, but the Spartan and 'Angry Tractor' are pretty good for their points.

AbusePuppy posted:

I dunno. I mean, it gives them marginally better protection because they can hide inside the hull of the vehicle, but it's really not all that hard to bring down (being AV12 and all) and it doesn't have Inertial Guidance, so you can't really DS all that safely near things. Its actual functionality is not awful, but being that it does almost exactly the same job as a Drop Pod but trades out the gun for the Melta Strike thing (which isn't melta and isn't strong enough to hurt a lot of vehicles >.> ) for more than three times the cost. If it'd been ~70pts maybe (it's definitely worth more than 35 due to being mobile), but 100pts is an awful price for a disposable transport. It costs almost as much as a Wave Serpent, for god's sake.

If you dig into the rules there’s more to it than that. It’s a flier with zoom and supersonic, so it has a 4+ jink the turn it lands. If the CSM version chooses which mode it lands in (the 30k one deploys in hover mode) then it’s 6s to hit and a 4+ jink on an AV12 3HP flier on turn 1 anywhere on the board. That’s way better than a drop pod for an assault squad and the internal guidance doesn’t matter (since you’re a skimmer that can move after deepstriking in). The heat blast weapons are all hot garbage.

The thing that limits it, in my mind, is how far you can move before you disembark troops. Is it just 6 inches?

If yes, that means you’re forced to drop ~24” away from your target, move within 6”, take a turn of shooting, and then turn 2 move 6”, disembark 3”, and then assault hopefully 6". If it’s more than 6” movement before being able to disembark? Then it’s a lot better.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

It doesn't have Supersonic, although as a flyer it can still move in Zoom mode if it wants to (except for the turn it arrives, when it is forced to Hover.) 4+ Jink is obviously still some protection, but it's not great, especially in the current environment.

And yeah, you can only move 6" before the guys inside get out. However, as was pointed out to me, when in Hover mode it counts as a Fast Skimmer and can thus Flat Out 18", giving it a reasonable ability to get to where it needs to be. I still really don't like the 100pt price tag, tho.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ignite Memories posted:

Speaking of battle reports, you should post one! :orks: :orks101:

It'll happen! Work's just been a butt this week and I haven't gotten to get to it much yet.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

AbusePuppy posted:

It doesn't have Supersonic, although as a flyer it can still move in Zoom mode if it wants to (except for the turn it arrives, when it is forced to Hover.) 4+ Jink is obviously still some protection, but it's not great, especially in the current environment.

And yeah, you can only move 6" before the guys inside get out. However, as was pointed out to me, when in Hover mode it counts as a Fast Skimmer and can thus Flat Out 18", giving it a reasonable ability to get to where it needs to be. I still really don't like the 100pt price tag, tho.

Sounds like the rules are the same as in the legion books. It would be great at <75 points, I agree, but at 100 its still a turn 2 assault delivery vehicle.

The other options are 150-300 points each, and come in the form of Angry Tractor, Crastus, or Spartan. They are better, but slower and cost more points. With those you're looking at a turn 3-4 charge if they survive. The other option is buying 100 points of additional bodies and foot slogging it across the board. That comes out to be an extra 10 tactical or 6 assault marines. The former are slow as gently caress and the latter are espensive as gently caress.

So, all in all, I think its pretty decent for the price and where it sits compared to the others. It could be better, but for an assault army its basically a 100 point tax that gets you AV12, 3HP, and 4++ before you charge your guys in.

... or you could just get bikes.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Actually I'm kind of interested in these guys.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Navy/ARVUS-LIGHTER.html

As apparently they're pretty cheap fliers and hold 12, I haven't gotten my book yet but I know that they're in there as a 1-3 Fast Attack.

Maybe worthwhile for something, gently caress it who am I kidding, of course I'm going to shove nurglings in there.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
One of the absolute worst models in the game I recall, unless they have changed the rules somewhat. It's a small transport capacity on an essentially unarmed model for a disproportionate price.

Bulbasaur, I have racked my brains and come up with nothing - what is the 'angry tractor'?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hollismason, congratulations, you found the one model with probably the worst rules in the entire game

Genghis Cohen posted:

One of the absolute worst models in the game I recall, unless they have changed the rules somewhat. It's a small transport capacity on an essentially unarmed model for a disproportionate price.

Bulbasaur, I have racked my brains and come up with nothing - what is the 'angry tractor'?

It's when the guy grabs the girls legs and lifts them up like a wheelbarrow but moves them back and forth while slapping her

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
why would you get a flier to move loving nurglings

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Awesome model, not seen the rules for it yet. Would love to play against a mechanicum army.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

why would you get a flier to move loving nurglings

a little transport stolen by nurglings would be pretty cool

cheeky lil fellas going on a joy ride :3:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Genghis Cohen posted:

Awesome model, not seen the rules for it yet. Would love to play against a mechanicum army.

About 150 points, holds 20, AV14 in the front (AV15 against template weapons), and it never gets stuck in terrain. Not sure if its an assault vehicle though.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

About 150 points, holds 20, AV14 in the front (AV15 against template weapons), and it never gets stuck in terrain. Not sure if its an assault vehicle though.

Pretty sure it's naturally 14/12/12 and THEN the flare shield. I also thought it was on the same hull as the Krios. Nope, it's bigger by a good margin.

Genghis Cohen posted:

Just a heads up. AdMech had potential for supreme dickery and un-funness, pick your opponent wisely.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 24, 2014

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Genghis Cohen posted:

Depending on who's playing it, you may not love it so much.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
30k is all really good and mechanicum is probably the best of that so yeah.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
If your legion is battle bros with admech and you use the BRB rules, that means you get to put 20 man tactical squads into angry AV15 tractors that cost about the same as a predator tank.

Pretty cool.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Why would you not stick Nurglings in a flyer, that's the the real question. Why would you not do that. Cause then you would be able to name it " The Vomit Comet" , stick a Herald in there with a Greater Weapon and a Locus for Feel No Pain.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I'd rather put plague marines inside one and name it The AIDS Brigade.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Well I probably won't do that.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
The ebola gondola... that sounds like a conversion for a DE skimmer...

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

Genghis Cohen posted:

It's down to 55(?)pts, making it easily the cheapest flyer in the game, and is available as both a dedicated transport and FA unit. I wouldn't call them fantastic, but there's some very real sleeper potential there- cheap Objective Secured flyers are something to take note of.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
AbusePuppy, I'm sure you get this a lot, but your mom is pretty hot

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Oh I thought that was abusepuppy.

Also, yeah 55 point flier is a excellent unit. It's even better when you can take 3 of them as transports, although I have no idea what the rules for Disembark is on those.

Also, since they look like that it's probably a very easy conversion to make them instead of the 60 pounds a piece. Very eager to get my hands on IA13, and the delicious ability of Battle Brothers and mass squads of infantry.

I can't decide though on my theme.

Right now I'm thinking a 3 part mix of Chaos Space Marines , Rabble w/ Tanks, Daemons.Leaning towards Slaanesh and Nurgle.

Nurgle especially because I do have zombies and Typhus. So a Typhus Horde army seems pretty sweet.

The Chaos Space Marines would be super elite expensive units, Typhus some Terminator Body Guards, A unit or 2 of Plague Marines , that would be it. Then the Renegades with giant squads of Plague Zombies and some tanks then some Chaos Daemons to round it out.

Does anyone know of a Forgeworld Slaanesh Character? I don't like Lucius.

Also, this to me is a really good deal on price.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Chaos/CHAOS_RENEGADES/KHORNATE_RENEGADE_OGRYN_WITH_HOUNDS_OF_XAPHAN.html

These loving guys

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Chaos/CHAOS_RENEGADES/RENEGADE_MILITIA_ENFORCERS.html

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 25, 2014

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

Also, yeah 55 point flier is a excellent unit. It's even better when you can take 3 of them as transports, although I have no idea what the rules for Disembark is on those.

Also, since they look like that it's probably a very easy conversion to make them instead of the 60 pounds a piece. Very eager to get my hands on IA13, and the delicious ability of Battle Brothers and mass squads of infantry.

I can't decide though on my theme.

Right now I'm thinking a 3 part mix of Chaos Space Marines , Rabble w/ Tanks, Daemons.Leaning towards Slaanesh and Nurgle.

Nurgle especially because I do have zombies and Typhus. So a Typhus Horde army seems pretty sweet.

The Chaos Space Marines would be super elite expensive units, Typhus some Terminator Body Guards, A unit or 2 of Plague Marines , that would be it. Then the Renegades with giant squads of Plague Zombies and some tanks then some Chaos Daemons to round it out.

Does anyone know of a Forgeworld Slaanesh Character? I don't like Lucius.

Also, this to me is a really good deal on price.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Chaos/CHAOS_RENEGADES/KHORNATE_RENEGADE_OGRYN_WITH_HOUNDS_OF_XAPHAN.html

These loving guys

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Chaos/CHAOS_RENEGADES/RENEGADE_MILITIA_ENFORCERS.html

renegades get 3 point zombies which is pretty great

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Whats the max squad size on that, because if it's 50, yes please.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

Wait, Abusepuppy is Taylor Swift? We have two warhammer players that moonlight as musicians?

Next you will tell me that the one bone guy is literally Robin William's animated skeleton.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

LordAba posted:

Wait, Abusepuppy is Taylor Swift?

No thats Becky.

I've been living a lie; that lie was my mistaken belief that Night Scythes / Doom Scythes were open topped, a belief that lasted for years.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

LordAba posted:

Wait, Abusepuppy is Taylor Swift? We have two warhammer players that moonlight as musicians?

Next you will tell me that the one bone guy is literally Robin William's animated skeleton.

Robin Williams, a well known ham and goon, was entombed into a mighty threadnought. Granted eternal life, he now gains his life energy through posting. This will sustain his tortured soul until the day that, finally, Squats/Scrunts return to 40k.

His mission finally complete, he will then become one with the emperor.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I asked Robin Williams if he played 40k and he told me that he just liked the Miniatures and played Dawn of War. I'm not joking, I did actually meet Robin Williams and ask him this

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
God dammit you people. :cry:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

BULBASAUR posted:

(since you’re a skimmer that can move after deepstriking in).

Wait has this been confirmed by the warham community at large? I know BOLS posted about this a couple of times regarding DE but not sure if this is the rule that people are operating under now.

We (my group) have just started to agree that passengers on my Raiders can fire overwatch when the Raider is assaulted, which changed things quite a lot for my games.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Where has the angry tractor been all my life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

krushgroove posted:

Wait has this been confirmed by the warham community at large? I know BOLS posted about this a couple of times regarding DE but not sure if this is the rule that people are operating under now.

We (my group) have just started to agree that passengers on my Raiders can fire overwatch when the Raider is assaulted, which changed things quite a lot for my games.

I dunno about DE, but under the dreadclaw rules it says you can move after deepstriking

"In the case of the Dreadclaw, unlike other Drop Pods it is not immobile after it has landed (deepstruck)"

• Locked thread