Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

He already apologized for that.

To Phil.

rofl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Wezlar posted:

If he meants to suggest that he is worse than DSP because he's black, then it's racist. If he's saying the only difference between him and DSP is that he's black then it's not racist.

It is not a thing you should say to someone in general though.

Ok that was basically my take on it.

systran posted:

this is the worst loving discussion this thread has ever seen, please go back to BB/PP talk

It's really not? We're just talking about something that happened like normal humans?

And yeah, Viscant definitely had better burns in the pre and post and he won the match. LTG must be fuming.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I watch WNF occasionally, I had literally no idea who Lowtiergod was until like last week when this "feud" started.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

systran posted:

this is the worst loving discussion this thread has ever seen, please go back to BB/PP talk

I broke 1500pp which means I can't play people in the reddit steam group anymore :lol: (I've only played with one person from that group)

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Nice, I guess I can't play you then either. I'm here to have fun, not to get trounced with 4+ hit combos and crossups and all that stuff

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
LTG is an idiot, one look at any of his YouTube videos confirms that. He's like one of those really bad online players that finally picked up on fighting game mechanics and actually improved to be a competent player. But then kept all the idiotic and scrub mentality those players have.

I don't think he's a regular "offline" at all so it was kinda surprising that he got so much coaching from people there.

Anyway, steering this back to game chat... Can anyone weigh in on what makes Poison so good? Like, I can kind of see it since her zoning game seems super strong, but I guess I don't see what makes her that much better than the rest of the cast outside of the top tier. From what I've tried, her fireball game is really good but once I gently caress up and they get in, it's pretty hard from there, which I guess is the point. Her crouching fierce as anti-air seems to trade more often than not too, but when it hits, cancelling it to a fireball for pressure is pretty satisfying. I've just started messing around with her so I guess I'll try to get more time in and see what everyone's talking about.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
There's going to come a time when you forget what happened here, and you want to untuck my shirt out of your mouth...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Constellation I posted:

Anyway, steering this back to game chat... Can anyone weigh in on what makes Poison so good? Like, I can kind of see it since her zoning game seems super strong, but I guess I don't see what makes her that much better than the rest of the cast outside of the top tier. From what I've tried, her fireball game is really good but once I gently caress up and they get in, it's pretty hard from there, which I guess is the point. Her crouching fierce as anti-air seems to trade more often than not too, but when it hits, cancelling it to a fireball for pressure is pretty satisfying. I've just started messing around with her so I guess I'll try to get more time in and see what everyone's talking about.

Poison is still relatively unexplored, so people are talking more about potential than anything else right now. I picked her up for fun, before I realized PC was unplayable and went back to my SF hiatus, but I can see where they're coming from. She's got good zoning, decent damage and outstanding corner pressure. Her throw is great and it sets up a relatively safe HP fireball meaty (+1000 on block). From there you can threaten with an airborne overhead (comboable if they're crouching, IIRC), her flip kick (can cross-up with some setups), go for frame-traps/throws or just back down and spam more fireballs. Her BNB gets you a hard knockdown. If you spend a bar, it leads to an ambiguous air-reset, it combos easily into U1 and if you're near the corner, you can get a hard knockdown and extra damage.

However, she has awkward buttons and they're not great in footsies. Mind you, I played Rose for two versions of the game, so that might be coloring my perception. I also feel like she has a hard time dealing with pressure, but that's to be expected from a zoning character.

Poison is really fun, you guys. She also blows up online tendencies hard between her meaties and her overhead.

Excalibur_Z
Oct 2, 2004
The only thing I know about LowTierGod is that he is a terrible fraudulent scrub, from Bebop's descriptions in IRC. He was not incorrect.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
When I think "hard time dealing with pressure" I think of a character with one of the fastest backdashes, an invincible backflip, a 3f jab, and a meterless fully invincible cancellable 4f reversal.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 24, 2014

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
ur wrong poison is real bad defensively

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

When I think "hard time dealing with pressure" I think of a character with one of the fastest backdashes, an invincible backflip, a 3f jab, and a fully invincible cancellable 4f reversal.

Look, I don't believe in DPs.

(You're right, I guess that feeling is more about being stuck in the corner than getting pressured mid-screen. Her DP angle is a bit awkward tho.)

EDIT: also, I feel like this discussion happened before.

Dias fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 24, 2014

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
poison's pirate costume makes her top tier

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Waynebo posted:

Bullshit, her Yazuka wife outfit makes her top-tier. Also, always pick characters based on their clothing.

vvv EDIT: nah, I mean for blowing up corner pressure, I mostly did cr.HP/st.MP? to swat jump-ins. Her cr.HP is good but sometimes it feels like it should've hit the guy in the air but it didn't, the hitbox is kinda weird.

Dias fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 24, 2014

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Dias posted:

Look, I don't believe in DPs.

(You're right, I guess that feeling is more about being stuck in the corner than getting pressured mid-screen. Her DP angle is a bit awkward tho.)

EDIT: also, I feel like this discussion happened before.

Stop spamming DPs. She has other great anti-air moves.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Tae posted:

It's an age old battle, but the community teeters between black and african american constantly.

It's an individual thing. I have a a black friend who doesn't like to be called black and prefers African-American. I have another black friend who hates the term African-American and prefers to be called black. I just change what I say depending on which one of them I'm hanging out with.

Anyway, LTG is trash and Viscant owns.

edit: Poison is really good as long as you don't try to do 1-frame links with her and just stick to zoning, anti-airs, and very basic rekka combos. Also I have no idea what people are talking about in terms of her options under pressure. Her EX DP is amazing as long as you don't try to use it to get out of every bad situation.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 24, 2014

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Waynebo posted:

Diva costume mod is the best :quagmire:

cream of the clop
Sep 24, 2005

serious duck
Shoutout to beobepleoeloopblep on Mike Ross' stream right now blowing it up.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Omega Mode details finally: http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2014/10/23/an-introduction-to-the-usfiv-omega-edition-characters-part-1

A lot of original SF characters info on new moves and what "inspiration" was behind the changes.

Edit:

quote:

Speaking of sumo, you gotta have the salt throw, right? The Salt Toss doesn’t do a whole lot of damage, but what happens if you get a KO with it...?

You fuckin' tease

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 24, 2014

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Like, if you want to give characters new movies and poo poo, you gotta give Ryu his donkey kick from 3s.

Also give Chun her upkicks from ST and remap Spinning Bird to charge back. Yes, I know she technically has her upkicks in her target combo but it just isn't the same. And make her cl.HP into back+HP like in 3s. Basically make her 3s chun with upkicks :unsmigghh:

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 24, 2014

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Gammatron 64 posted:

Like, if you want to give characters new movies and poo poo, you gotta give Ryu his donkey kick from 3s.

I want SFEX tatsu rekkas for ryu :reject:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Soul Illusion. Oh, cr.HP juggle into Soul Throw would be fun too.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Omega Mode details finally: http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2014/10/23/an-introduction-to-the-usfiv-omega-edition-characters-part-1

A lot of original SF characters info on new moves and what "inspiration" was behind the changes.

Edit:

You fuckin' tease

Calling it now: custom win icon will be a salt shaker.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Team Stab posted:

Shoutout to beobepleoeloopblep on Mike Ross' stream right now blowing it up.

I suck and was nervous for some reason and Rolento apparently can't anti-air Ryu.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

ryu's moves out-prioritize everything in the game

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

nothing can beat them, it's so bad, bad game

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Elephant Ambush posted:

Her EX DP is amazing as long as you don't try to use it to get out of every bad situation.

I'm not down on Poison but her DPs are quite bad by SF4 standards! EX has crappy horizontal range, MK/HK are even worse and if you can't/don't FADC her DP is often punishable on block with a full jumpin combo. One cool trick against a Poison with meter is to threaten meaty pressure, back one micrometer out of DP range (this is not far, check it in training mode) and hold neutral to shrink your hitbox. If Poison commits to DP FADC she is DONE. Much better to rely on your other escape options and wakeup DP once in a blue moon.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

It's not great but MK DP is still a 4 frame fully invincible move for 0 meter which is a lot better than what the majority of the cast has. The stuff she gets off an LK DP trade is ridiculous and she can OS into it while FADCing back to safety. The fact she has something, at all times, to potentially make you not do a meaty puts her well outside the "bad under pressure" category without even mentioning her other defensive options which are well above average.

Also EX DP autocorrects nicely so unless you have a perfect safejump or a setup you know makes it whiff, there's always that risk when you try to jump at her on wakeup.

You mention HK DP for some reason which shouldn't even exist. It's ridiculously slow and also throwable. I don't know if there's any reason to use it ever.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
Yeah but it goes straight up in the air.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
On paper HK DP should break up some otherwise solid safejump option selects which adds to the poo poo sandwich of trying to figure out whether she's going to block or backdash or flip or DP FADC or augh I hope I never have to play against a good Poison. It's otherwise useless as far as I know.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LTG probably should have been blacklisted from any events for a few months the moment he threatened physical violence.

The best victory would have been viscant getting a restraining order and showing up at all the so cal events so ltg couldnt. I dont think he really cares that much.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
The best part of the vid is just K-Brad mugging with his monster waterbottle

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

40 OZ posted:

Yeah but it goes straight up in the air.

You don't use her DP as an anti-air. You use it as an anti-crossup. That's why I said you shouldn't rely on it to get out of all pressure situations.

Poison is good and fun. Please play Poison.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

You don't use her DP as an anti-air. You use it as an anti-crossup. That's why I said you shouldn't rely on it to get out of all pressure situations.

Poison is good and fun. Please play Poison.

I'm trying mainge. I am like every other Rose player who saw how she plays and thinks "uhh... could this be a straight upgrade?"

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

SMK Citanul on xbox live. Come get wrecked.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
capcom confirmed furries

cant wait to get my tentacles on that akuma?

Zingih
Jan 2, 2013
Looking forward to bunny girl Ken (USA, usagi is bunny) so yeah get on it Capcom. Better have dick physics in that leotard.

OctoHakan is cool and all but man those costumes seem like a lot of modeling effort.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zingih posted:

Looking forward to bunny girl Ken (USA, usagi is bunny) so yeah get on it Capcom. Better have dick physics in that leotard.

OctoHakan is cool and all but man those costumes seem like a lot of modeling effort.

Hakan makes much more sense, I was thinking Akuma based on the color. Hakan is a much better guess especially since he is a grappler

Sagat a tiger, Adon a jaguar, boxer a buffalo, most of the cast have an obvious animal. I don't know why ryu is a wolf not a dragon. Dan should be a monkey of some kind

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Oct 25, 2014

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how does chun-li have a valid combo in CH cl.hk to hazanshu?
cl.hk is +2 on hit, so that means its +4 on CH right? It has 18 recovery frames that are getting cancelled adding up to +22 frames for the hazanshu at most.
The fastest hazanshu is 23 frame startup.

Is that not how frame data works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Counter hits give +3 frames. When you cancel, you also cancel the remaining active frames.

• Locked thread