Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Easy win for Felice, lol at Gilbert pretending that would go to a 3rd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Too much mental for Heather

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Hetch Clark: only Brazilian in the show.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I don't think I've seen Daly say or do anything since talking about how she used to be depressed

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I just watched a commercial hyping Neil Magnu as a reason to tune in to FS1 on Saturday. UFC 2014, folks.

Edit: Bec got a raw deal with this Tecia situation.

Carla as well, her path to the belt possibly goes Torres-Penne-Calderwood now. Small wonder she wasn't thrilled about it.

Also maybe things have changed in the last few years but is Daly really all that good? I remember seeing her get absolutely handled by Lisa Ellis in Bellator a few years ago. Was kind of surprised to see her ranked #5.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Normally I can at least find a superficial reason to root for one side, but in this one I wanted them to both lose somehow.

Lloyd Boner posted:

I don't think I've seen Daly say or do anything since talking about how she used to be depressed

This. Interested to see her fight.

Actually it feels like all the more interesting fighters have been taking a back seat to CLARK HERRIG DRAMA, and not just in this episode (where it was understandable).

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Hollandia posted:

Normally I can at least find a superficial reason to root for one side, but in this one I wanted them to both lose somehow.

Actually it feels like all the more interesting fighters have been taking a back seat to CLARK HERRIG DRAMA, and not just in this episode (where it was understandable).

Thug Rose has been basically a piece of scenery since episode 1.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I was wondering what she was up to.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Nah, she did more damage to Clark during practice than Herrig did during their fight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hollandia posted:

Daly's last two losses are to the current Invicta 115 and 125 champs. The impression I had of her from the Honchak fight is that she has all the skills but sometimes trouble putting it together. It was a long time ago, and I didn't know either fighter then, and I didn't take notes, but I remember feeling that while she was thoroughly Honchaked, she was never entirely out of the fight and that right up until the final buzzer was a threat to the #1 fighter in that division. I'm not sure what her weight situation is. I think she's one of the bigger fighters in the house, and she doesn't look lean (though it can be hard to tell with women - I train with an female amateur boxer who works like mad and watches her diet religiously, and she still has jiggly arms), so that might end up working against her as easily as for her.

I'm cheering for her until she goes up against Jojo or Rose because she looks like she beats up rich sorority girls in pubs to pass time on a Saturday night, and "lalala" has managed to make herself even more annoying than Herrig (who I'm warming up to a bit) or Clark (who didn't come across so bad this ep).

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Most of her screen time has been devoted to "everybody hates Heather Clark" but at least she's spoken on screen. I can't recall a single time that Aisling Daly or Alex Chambers have said anything since the first episode.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

colonel_korn posted:

Carla as well, her path to the belt possibly goes Torres-Penne-Calderwood now. Small wonder she wasn't thrilled about it.

Also maybe things have changed in the last few years but is Daly really all that good? I remember seeing her get absolutely handled by Lisa Ellis in Bellator a few years ago. Was kind of surprised to see her ranked #5.

Daly was everyone's last pick and was ranked #5 lol

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
That was a loving awful stand up in round 2. I don't think it would've made a difference, but drat dude.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

CommonShore posted:

I'm cheering for her until she goes up against Jojo or Rose because she looks like she beats up rich sorority girls in pubs to pass time on a Saturday night,

Yeah, this. Bec is also cool.

E: do any TUFs go into the training / prep stuff more? Or is it all 100% reality drama?

Hollandia fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 24, 2014

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Hollandia posted:

E: do any TUFs go into the training / prep stuff more?

Nah, except for weight cuts when someone's about to miss. They don't think people are interested in training, which is unfortunate because I think it'd make the show 1000x better.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

TUF Live was awesome because they really had no choice but to focus on the training. It also had the best human interest story in TUF history. Shame the format didn't stick.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Hollandia posted:

I'm honestly shocked that there is a person in the world who convinced me to cheer for Felice Herrig

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
This episode gave me some idea as to why there are so many injury withdrawals in the UFC. "If you're not injured, you probably aren't trying hard enough."

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I really hope Irish (Scottish? English?) lady with short hair and depression absolutely destroys annoying lady with the terrible eyebrows. She's just a loving awful person and I hate her face.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Ariza posted:

I really hope Irish (Scottish? English?) lady with short hair and depression absolutely destroys annoying lady with the terrible eyebrows. She's just a loving awful person and I hate her face.

LA-LA-LA-CAN'T-HEAR-YOU
I'M RUBBER YOU'RE GLUE TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE

God she's loving annoying. Maybe one of the most grating people on TUF that I can remember, and I watched the Junie Browning season. It's baffling that they try to play her out to be the good guy in the confrontation, and I refuse to believe that nobody has called her out on being a five-year-old.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

lol http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Heather-Clark-Lisa-Ellis-Point-to-Angela-Magana-as-Bullying-Leader-on-TUF-20-76147

quote:

Both Clark and Ellis believe that The Skrapettes have also gotten to the coaches on Team Melendez, resulting in preferential treatment.

“We got a little bit different coaching experience than the other girls because we weren’t part of The Scrapettes,” Clark explained. “With their sexuality they were able to -- not so much with Gilbert -- but with some of the other coaches they really pulled them in and put them against us a little bit.”

But yeah basically it seems like Team Melendez got really cliquey with Magana/Bec/Rose/Hill/Kagan on one side and Clark, Ellis and Torres being left out.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Hobojim posted:

LA-LA-LA-CAN'T-HEAR-YOU
I'M RUBBER YOU'RE GLUE TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE

God she's loving annoying. Maybe one of the most grating people on TUF that I can remember, and I watched the Junie Browning season. It's baffling that they try to play her out to be the good guy in the confrontation, and I refuse to believe that nobody has called her out on being a five-year-old.

Angela Magana is a treasure and her yelling at Heather will forever warm the cockles of my heart.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

colonel_korn posted:

lol http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Heather-Clark-Lisa-Ellis-Point-to-Angela-Magana-as-Bullying-Leader-on-TUF-20-76147

But yeah basically it seems like Team Melendez got really cliquey with Magana/Bec/Rose/Hill/Kagan on one side and Clark, Ellis and Torres being left out.

If more than half the team is together and one of those fighters you cited as "left out" is a person who lost early AND left the team, I don't think the problem is with the fighters being too cliquey.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Be that as it may, Magana comes off as down right repulsive.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

lmao "repulsive" okay.

Also,

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
all magana has done is be rude to heather. i don't have a problem with this. and if she's done more than that, then it's nothing of note. repulsive?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
In the preview highlights reel they already showed Aisling Daly collapsed in a sauna, with other girls looking concerned. So she definitely had a tough time with the cut, whether she made it or not.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Has rose done loving anything? My dad adores her and Pat Barry but was put off after a few episodes saying she was just a talking head of, " I want to hurt people"

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

She injured Heather Clark after Clark tried to slam her on the mat while rolling, it was a p cool moment

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Too strong a word I guess, maybe off putting would be better. It's her demeanor not really any specific thing she did. Tons of screen time so far that really was about nothing except her putting down Clark.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Felice's footwork looked really good while they were standing. Or at least good enough that it stood out to me in comparison most WMMA fighters. I'd have to go back and watch how she really used it but she looked very light on her feet and smooth.

Edit: Magana was grating but I'd probably be pretty loving grating too if I was missing out on ice bath time because some fucker who rode a stationary bike for a couple hours was in it.
Edit2: However the ladies' inability to get behind Heather for her fight and what looks like the inability to accept Teisha onto team Pettis is stupid and really awful. I got upset when the guys from the GSP/Kos were giving Nam Phan poo poo for jacking off in the shower before his fight, and all this was way worse.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 24, 2014

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Edit: Magana was grating but I'd probably be pretty loving grating too if I was missing out on ice bath time because some fucker who rode a stationary bike for a couple hours was in it.

I agree that it would be annoying, and telling someone off for it is certainly acceptable and even encouraged, but telling someone off in a very stilted awkward way, then jamming your fingers in your ears and yelling like a three-year-old is really dumb and bad. And then she repeated her performance in front of the team and the coaches on the mat later when the team brought Heather over so they weren't talking behind her back. Maybe I'm being too harsh on Magana, but I can kind of feel for Heather in that situation. There's no way to win an argument against that kind of stupidity, and her laughing it off like any sane person would made the team apparently hate her more. Not that she didn't deserve the hate, I'm sure.

quote:

Edit2: However the ladies' inability to get behind Heather for her fight and what looks like the inability to accept Teisha onto team Pettis is stupid and really awful. I got upset when the guys from the GSP/Kos were giving Nam Phan poo poo for jacking off in the shower before his fight, and all this was way worse.

Team Kos making fun of Nam for that was the gayest thing ever to happen in a show that has previously contained someone eating another guy's jizz, a dude crying that another dude wouldn't let him bang, and a guy with a bleach-dyed curly mop straight from the seventies demonstrating how to motorboat another man's rear end. Seriously, did they want him to just own up and jerk it in front of them? Or were they mad that he was jerking it at all? I really never understood that whole "drama" going on, and it was doubly hilarious that Kos was the one who had to tell them they were being idiots. That's gotta make you re-think your position a little bit.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

colonel_korn posted:

A whiner who was always too hurt to train and two people who lost early not being focused on by the coaches really shouldn't be a surprise.

Hobojim posted:

I agree that it would be annoying, and telling someone off for it is certainly acceptable and even encouraged, but telling someone off in a very stilted awkward way, then jamming your fingers in your ears and yelling like a three-year-old is really dumb and bad. And then she repeated her performance in front of the team and the coaches on the mat later when the team brought Heather over so they weren't talking behind her back. Maybe I'm being too harsh on Magana, but I can kind of feel for Heather in that situation. There's no way to win an argument against that kind of stupidity, and her laughing it off like any sane person would made the team apparently hate her more. Not that she didn't deserve the hate, I'm sure.

They tried being civil and she had a bullshit excuse for literally everything. Magana is weird as gently caress anyway but her fingers in the ears poo poo was pretty clearly a response to the same repeated bullshit from Clark over and over again. She did nothing and then took the ice bath time and tried to make excuses for that. Her knee and everything else seemed fine when it didn't involve training, then it magically appeared to hurt. She acts like a child so Magana treated her like one. Two wrongs don't make a right and all, but who cares.

Heather Clark loving sucks and she looks she walked out of a Spy vs. Spy comic.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 24, 2014

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Why would clark slack on training if her knee wasn't hurt is the part that confuses me. Melendez got 0/5 chael for not giving a speech that brought everyone together.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Clark seems annoying and bad at fighting. Magana could be doing her act towards a literal nazi poo poo and still would not come out looking good.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

canada jezus posted:

Why would clark slack on training if her knee wasn't hurt is the part that confuses me. Melendez got 0/5 chael for not giving a speech that brought everyone together.

That's what I was thinking. It doesn't make any sense at all, or maybe I'm not seeing the up-side, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt because if she's doing what everybody is accusing her of doing she's completely hamstringing herself by not training for no reason.

The ice bath thing is lovely, I don't think anybody can argue that. As for Magana doing the fingers in the ears thing to treat Heather like a child in response to her acting like one, I just don't buy it. If she did it just that once in the tub, okay, fine, maybe, even though that's a completely dumb-poo poo way to handle yourself. But doing it again later on kind of shows that it's just her way of arguing her point.

Again, I'm probably being too lenient on Heather, but sometimes it just seems like the show's being edited to make her look horribly evil and push Magana as a good person for standing up to her or whatever, when Magana just comes across as someone trying to imitate human interaction after watching Christopher Walken movies as her only exposure point.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
People self-sabotaging never makes sense but it happens all day every day. And training is hard.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

So I was a bit curious about Justine Kish and I guess she fought Randa Markos in the RFA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZK_OpnaS2o

Her striking at range and footwork is typical WMMA garbage, but she's got decent Josh Neer elbows inside and throws knees a lot. Good takedown defense and strong in the clinch, but bad grappling IQ as far as exposing her back and getting reversed. She's just about as useless off her back as Tecia Torres.

Also Randa Markos owns really hard. I kind of hope she beats Felice and makes it to the finals somehow, she nearly finished Kish and can land power doubles even late in a fight.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

1st AD posted:

So I was a bit curious about Justine Kish and I guess she fought Randa Markos in the RFA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZK_OpnaS2o

Her striking at range and footwork is typical WMMA garbage, but she's got decent Josh Neer elbows inside and throws knees a lot. Good takedown defense and strong in the clinch, but bad grappling IQ as far as exposing her back and getting reversed. She's just about as useless off her back as Tecia Torres.

Also Randa Markos owns really hard. I kind of hope she beats Felice and makes it to the finals somehow, she nearly finished Kish and can land power doubles even late in a fight.

For Randa to get to the finals she would probably have to go thru Rose or Joanne. I don't think anyone here wants that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tyree posted:

For Randa to get to the finals she would probably have to go thru Rose or Joanne. I don't think anyone here wants that.

Randa is my 3rd choice from that bracket. She's p.cool, just not as cool as Joanne. Def backing her over Felice.

• Locked thread