Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
No surprise about the Greyjoys but the mention of benching Bran is making me doubt his inclusion again. But Leaf's CV does say she'll be in Season 5 (although the director info is wrong), so I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Greyjoys cut, figuratively and literally.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
They're not going to skip right to Bran being a tree trunk, I'd say 'benching' just means giving him as few scenes as possible, like maybe two or three.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
With clever editing they could have one or two Bran scenes all season and people wouldn't realize how little they were there.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

In It For The Tank posted:

No surprise about the Greyjoys but the mention of benching Bran is making me doubt his inclusion again. But Leaf's CV does say she'll be in Season 5 (although the director info is wrong), so I dunno

So far we've only heard Hodor's actor not filming for season 5, and everyone's extrapolated that Bran was cut too. I expect him to show up at least once or twice.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

Fruity Gordo posted:

They're not going to skip right to Bran being a tree trunk, I'd say 'benching' just means giving him as few scenes as possible, like maybe two or three.

They could easily "bench" him for a season and still have him show up now and then. Just give him a "Luke goes to Degobah to train with Yoda" type deal. Every 2.5 episodes show him learning something about the old ways and magic. "You mean I can see through trees? Show me how!"

They can easily make that take up an entire season.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Maybe one of the producers has a funny accent, and that when they said Bran is getting "benched", he's actually getting "branched".

Interesting news about the Greyjoys - given that their main purpose seems to be conveniently providing a massive fleet for Dany to invade Westeros with, I wonder how that gap will be filled?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

webmeister posted:

Interesting news about the Greyjoys - given that their main purpose seems to be conveniently providing a massive fleet for Dany to invade Westeros with, I wonder how that gap will be filled?
They pretty much already filled that. Daario mentioned the Second Sons capturing a fleet when they were war councilling after taking Meereen.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I will be very disappointed if the Iron Islanders get cut because Victarion and Moqorro were my favorite conversations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It's hard not to draw conclusions about future books based on what the show is doing, but maybe Aegon and Euron were just cut for general brevity and not because of where their plotlines are ultimately headed in the books. I can't imagine Aegon is going to be completely irrelevant to the books since everything seems to indicate we're going to see a second dance in Westeros when Dany arrives.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I really don't think Victarion has a chance of happening. Maybe Euron next season somehow, maybe.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Lycus posted:

I really don't think Victarion has a chance of happening. Maybe Euron next season somehow, maybe.

I'm not going to get my hopes up after Stoneheart.

Rosscifer
Aug 3, 2005

Patience

Frostwerks posted:

Greyjoys cut

In the show it looks from Tywins letter like it only takes a couple episodes for news to get from Westeros to Meereen. If the fighting pits are episode 9 then Euron could decide to steal a dragon at the beginning of season 6 and still send someone to Meereen quickly enough to get back in sync with the books.

Rosscifer fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Oct 24, 2014

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Game of thrones season 5: Bran"s branching plot.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
If the Greyjons end up cut for good I wonder how they tie up Balon's insurgence. They did Moat Cailin last season but that seems to be it, maybe in the last episode in the last season there will be an after-credit scene where Balon sits in front of his fireplace wondering what it was that he wanted to do. Something about thrones?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

BillBear posted:

Euron's waaay too important to cut and is late game by the looks of it. If they cast Mads Mikkelsen for him I would probably poo poo myself.

Coincidentally I saw him play a sky pirate in the Three Muskateers last night!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Rosscifer posted:

In the show it looks from Tywins letter like it only takes a couple episodes for news to get from Westeros to Meereen. If the fighting pits are episode 9 then Euron could decide to steal a dragon at the beginning of season 6 and still send someone to Meereen quickly enough to get back in sync with the books.

That um... isn't what I was getting at.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Will the show ever resolve the leeches? Two is not three!

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
Maybe they will just cut Euron and Victarion and replace them with Balon and Yarasha. Why can't Yara be the one to bring the fleet to Meeren? Balon can easily do everything Euron does (talk about stuff for a bit, then sit around doing nothing).

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

MrBims posted:

Will the show ever resolve the leeches? Two is not three!

Maybe next season we'll have Bolton Father-Son-Bonding over massacring Iron Born, followed by Balon tripping over Theon's dick and falling into the sea.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Maybe they will just cut Euron and Victarion and replace them with Balon and Yarasha. Why can't Yara be the one to bring the fleet to Meeren? Balon can easily do everything Euron does (talk about stuff for a bit, then sit around doing nothing).

In the 'previously on GoT' clips they'll show Daxos talking about how shade of the evening is drunk by sorcerers and stains their lips blue, then when Yara returns to Pyke Balon will inexplicably have blue lips.

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!
http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2014/10/2/acting-aboard-an-armada

So maybe we are getting Tyrion's boat ride down the river after all.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Odoyle posted:

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2014/10/2/acting-aboard-an-armada

That boat looks way too small to be the Shy Maid. It'd have to be big enough to house, what, 8 people long-term?

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
There's plenty of boat riding in AFFC & ADWD it could be anything.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Odoyle posted:

I think I read on Watchers that the river boat part is being turned into a Tyrion/Jorah scene, so if this has reinvigorated your hope about seeing Aegon and Connington, you might want to kill that hope.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Whatever happens I'm fine with so long as goddamn Pycelle gets waxed in a delightful manner. I hate, hate, HATE that character and that wrinkly old motherfucker has been a major character for four loving seasons and by god, he needs to loving go. Please, somebody kill this annoying, old, useless piece of poo poo. Although, cutting that scene with him and Tywin fishing at King's Landing was not a good idea; that was a legitimate good scene and once someone pointed out the symbolism, a thematically sound one too.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Frostwerks posted:

Whatever happens I'm fine with so long as goddamn Pycelle gets waxed in a delightful manner.

I'll be legit upset if they don't use the Epilogue of ADWD as the closer for Season 5.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
That's a great regular episode ending, but for the whole season? Part of the reason it's so awesome in ADWD is that Varys finally appears after his abscence in AFFC and ADWD. He will certainly make an appearance in the beginning of S5, diluting the impact.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Anonymous John posted:

That's a great regular episode ending, but for the whole season? Part of the reason it's so awesome in ADWD is that Varys finally appears after his abscence in AFFC and ADWD. He will certainly make an appearance in the beginning of S5, diluting the impact.

Well, two major characters are murdered with no foreshadowing and the white raven comes with news that winter has arrived, so I think it will have an impact regardless of whether Varys appears earlier.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Not getting to see a literal violent retard burning male prostitutes on the sea and catching swords with his hand just to bury an axe in someone's head is a tragedy.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

TOOT BOOT posted:

Well, two major characters are murdered with no foreshadowing and the white raven comes with news that winter has arrived, so I think it will have an impact regardless of whether Varys appears earlier.

Am I crazy or did they show a white raven in season 1 or 2?

cosmic gumbo fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 25, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

two major characters

In the show: one minor named character and a character whose existence almost no one remembers.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

BlindSite posted:

Not getting to see a literal violent retard burning male prostitutes on the sea and catching swords with his hand just to bury an axe in someone's head is a tragedy.

Who is this?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Am I crazy or did they show a white raven in season 1 or 2?

The White Raven heralds the change of seasons, not specifically the onset of winter. The one in the earlier season was the beginning of autumn.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Regy Rusty posted:

The White Raven heralds the change of seasons, not specifically the onset of winter. The one in the earlier season was the beginning of autumn.

Game of thrones Music Video set to Dream Theater's A Change of Seasons

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Frostwerks posted:

Who is this?

A great misrepresentation of our lord and savior Victarion.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Odoyle posted:

It would be crazy to cut the trip down the river, Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now but in Westeros is a pretty drat easy path to some good TV.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Frostwerks posted:

Who is this?

The only Greyjoy metal enough to be worth the family motto. :black101:

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Ozzy Ironbourne?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

BlindSite posted:

Well, yeah.

• Locked thread