Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh boy, got into the finals of my epic kotr, gonna use the weekend to grind cards on easy one point matchups to level up my new cards! :toot:

*gets Brie Bella*

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

GB888 posted:

2K gave out some information for the 360/PS3 NXT mode, "Who Got NXT". Sounds sorta interesting.

http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/wwe-2k15-who-got-nxt

So it's very obviously a reskinned 2k14 Wrestlemania eras mode with a reskinned Undertaker streak mode to finish. Yeah, seems about what you'd expect for the last gen :effort: ports. Is this the first screenshots we've seen of the 360/ps3 models?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm glad that Fire Pro Wrestling Returns is such a great simulator that it accurately simulates Scott Hall getting gassed after three seconds and getting DTs at the end of matchees

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

So it's very obviously a reskinned 2k14 Wrestlemania eras mode with a reskinned Undertaker streak mode to finish. Yeah, seems about what you'd expect for the last gen :effort: ports. Is this the first screenshots we've seen of the 360/ps3 models?

The 'Rivalry' mode is pretty obviously the Attitude/WM mode as well, though? It's not a shock that that stuff's there. I'm actually a little bummed the 'battle SuperCena' thing isn't in the next gen versions, considering I really liked the Streak mode.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
New XB1 and PS4 footage featuring Cesaro's apron suplex, Luke Harper's Tope, Bray Wyatt's Sister Abigail, and Orton & Batista's RKO-Bomb.

Daniel Bryan's model appears to have been improved. Also 2K confirmed the game will be 1080p on both plaforms because that matters to five people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK51MZLseMc

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 25, 2014

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

character models look great, but the hair and animations still need to catch up

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Beardtista

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Perhaps more than that, Jim!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Oh man you can do the Batista Bomb/RKO thing from Wrestlemania :3:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I don't want to buy a PS4 to play a WWE game (because that's a ridiculous thing to do) but 2k14 was a legit good video game, enough to make me think that they got their poo poo together post-THQ.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

2k seems a lot more willing/financially able to put more stuff behind the games too so I hope they continue to get better

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Fat Lowtax posted:

I don't want to buy a PS4 to play a WWE game (because that's a ridiculous thing to do) but 2k14 was a legit good video game, enough to make me think that they got their poo poo together post-THQ.
I am justifying it to myself by saying that I was gonna buy a PS4 EVENTUALLY, and I want to play 2k15, soooo

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Another people's championship another weeknd of waiting for network.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

New XB1 and PS4 footage featuring Cesaro's apron suplex, Luke Harper's Tope, Bray Wyatt's Sister Abigail, and Orton & Batista's RKO-Bomb.

Daniel Bryan's model appears to have been improved. Also 2K confirmed the game will be 1080p on both plaforms because that matters to five people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK51MZLseMc

I get the feeling someone in the marketing department is not a Daniel Bryan fan.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Wonder who they got to record the NXT commentary. Probably Cole and King, but still

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
:bang: I just accidentally fed my max pro ur Paige to an uncommon Tyson Kidd instead of the epic Naomi I just pro'd :bang: :suicide:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mayostard posted:

:bang: I just accidentally fed my max pro ur Paige to an uncommon Tyson Kidd instead of the epic Naomi I just pro'd :bang: :suicide:

Pay it forward. It might not be perfect but they do seem really generous with how much XP they give you when you feed cards up the chain.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Oh my loving god yes. gently caress the barbershop window, imagine if Shawn threw Jannetty through the office window?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Fat Lowtax posted:

I don't know. They seem really reluctant about letting any info out about the game. ("Want to know the full roster? Buy the game!") I find it kind of worrying.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I really want to get 2k15 but I'm always worried about the first year of a sports game on a new console. There's almost always something weird about it.

edit: also there's no way I'll spend as much time playing it as I do Supercard

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 25, 2014

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My main hangup with getting 2k15 is that apparently Tyler Breeze won't be in it, meaning I can't make my Derek Zoolander CAW perfect.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Regarding the whole DLC Debacle, It's not so much that the DLC is on the disc or off the disc, it's that it all feels like content that should be in the full game. It's like getting a football game and having to pay extra to play as the Bears, Seahawks, Chargers and Colts, and having to pay extra for common offensive and defensive plays as well as the stadium for your home team. It would just feel like an incomplete game.

When we all imagined DLC for wrestking games, we pictured it being a way to patch in new guys that made their debute AFTER the game was released. But that has never happened, and it never will. Game comes out in November, new guy debutes after Wrestlemania, and then we have to pay extra for them as DLC in the next game if we want to play as them.

It would be one thing if we had the entire main roster on the disc, and paid extra for things like a WCW Pack, NXT Pack, or Legends Pack. That feels like additional content. Just the concept of having to unlock Paige by buying a season pass to a bunch of storylines I don't want to play is ridiculous. Like I mentioned, it's the equivalent of witholding the Green Bay Packers in an NFL game by making you buy a $30 career mode where you build up a rookie player from scratch and make him go through spring training by playing stupid loving mini games.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

harperdc posted:

Pay it forward. It might not be perfect but they do seem really generous with how much XP they give you when you feed cards up the chain.

it's based on how much XP the card has in it, and uncommon tyson kidd only has 15 levels (which all have pretty low xp requirements, too) compared to an UR pro having 35 (and from 25-ish on it takes a ton of experience per level). I haven't fed a maxed UR PRo to anything but I did just feed a SR Pro and it gave that card about 27.5 levels.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Astro7x posted:

Regarding the whole DLC Debacle, It's not so much that the DLC is on the disc or off the disc, it's that it all feels like content that should be in the full game. It's like getting a football game and having to pay extra to play as the Bears, Seahawks, Chargers and Colts, and having to pay extra for common offensive and defensive plays as well as the stadium for your home team. It would just feel like an incomplete game.

When we all imagined DLC for wrestking games, we pictured it being a way to patch in new guys that made their debute AFTER the game was released. But that has never happened, and it never will. Game comes out in November, new guy debutes after Wrestlemania, and then we have to pay extra for them as DLC in the next game if we want to play as them.

It would be one thing if we had the entire main roster on the disc, and paid extra for things like a WCW Pack, NXT Pack, or Legends Pack. That feels like additional content. Just the concept of having to unlock Paige by buying a season pass to a bunch of storylines I don't want to play is ridiculous. Like I mentioned, it's the equivalent of witholding the Green Bay Packers in an NFL game by making you buy a $30 career mode where you build up a rookie player from scratch and make him go through spring training by playing stupid loving mini games.

Yea, I totally agree with you. I'm not averse to buying content. I have spent way too much on Rock Band songs, and lately I've been playing the poo poo out of Marvel Heroes. To me, at least, the problem is that for a $30 season pass to not have all the content that's announced is a little ridiculous. I know there's been pre-order content that isn't part of those, but normally, if it's been announced ahead of time, you get it.

I'll probably end up getting it from Gamefly at first.

My only other concern is if 2K were prescient enough to include the custom music option even though the newer consoles couldn't support it yet.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Quasipox posted:

Yea, I totally agree with you. I'm not averse to buying content. I have spent way too much on Rock Band songs, and lately I've been playing the poo poo out of Marvel Heroes. To me, at least, the problem is that for a $30 season pass to not have all the content that's announced is a little ridiculous.
This is how I feel. I'm more interested in stuff OUTSIDE the season pass (except Sid).

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
drat does nobody like Seth rollins apart from me :vince: ... Ambrose is 3 million wins ahead

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VoLaTiLe posted:

drat does nobody like Seth rollins apart from me :vince: ... Ambrose is 3 million wins ahead

Most people just like Ambrose more

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I tried to play a few games while comatose asleep because I needed some KOTR Energy refills, ended up clicking on Rollins, I just assumed everyone had done this.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

IcePhoenix posted:

Most people just like Ambrose more

Also a lot of the prizes on the Rollins side were just given out last PCC

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

incredible bear posted:

I tried to play a few games while comatose asleep

The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

VoLaTiLe posted:

I chose Seth because a second UR Miz is the only reward I could concievably get that has any use to me.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

How does someone have 14,000 points? Even if he's buying a title belt and winning every match, that's still 1,400 matches in 19 hours. And $140.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Sono posted:

How does someone have 14,000 points? Even if he's buying a title belt and winning every match, that's still 1,400 matches in 19 hours. And $140.

I can do >100 matches/hr on a good day. But the truth is probably botting.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

People are botting, they talk about it on the reddit site for supercard sometimes

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Noticed this in the footage from the PS3 version of the game

Full price game, over priced DLC, and now there are advertisements in the match? gently caress that.

Swagger Dagger posted:

People are botting, they talk about it on the reddit site for supercard sometimes

Why would you even use a bot to play this game...

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Because it's incredibly repetitive and there are no meaningful decisions to make inside a match if you've set up your team correctly?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I just got an ad for NHL15 in supercard, so maybe it's a 2k thing.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yeah pretty much all modern sports games have product placement ads on replay screens / arenas. It's really not so bad as the ads are generally located where they would be in real life so it's somewhat immersive.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Were I to venture a guess I'd say that the ads only pop up during replays, as they do irl. That's a feature of other games, as has been mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
What's next for the sake of realism, incessant Network ads?