Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

Every guy I know who has pushed for it(as opposed to simply expressing a preference) has done so because he thought it meant he could gently caress around, and is shocked to learn that its MUCH easier for a girl to get something on the side than it is for a guy.

Then they get petty and drive said girl away.

Wasn't there an E/N thread about this a while back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Finisher1 posted:

Wasn't there an E/N thread about this a while back?

I'm sure there have been many. I avoid E/N tho, it might destroy what fragile optimism I have for humanity.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

gun-shaped pop-tarts

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
I don't have the link, but I know there was a reddit thread about some dude who pressured his gf into an open relationship, which back fired on him wildly. He had been perusing grindr or some poo poo and all the "hot babes" who he had been flirting with all disappeared or wanted nothing to do with him physically while his gf had stacks of dudes waiting to romp around with her. Reddit of all places told him off for being an rear end in a top hat to her about it and telling her she couldn't do it anymore.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

quote:

"hot babes"

I think you have your hookup apps mixed up.

patb01
Jul 4, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm surprised they clarified that Sikhs are not Muslims.

read the comments, they get Sikh and Muslim confused, and argue the usual "it's all the liberals fault" There are a few people TRYING to explain Sikh is not Muslim, but it's like talking to a crazy brick wall.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

1stGear posted:

I think you have your hookup apps mixed up.

I think I see grindr threesomes working out better for everyone though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
There's actually an app called 3ndr now that matches single people up with couples looking for a three-way partner.

I read about it in Rolling Stone.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
How the hell do you pronounce 3ndr?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Threender, most likely.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
The same way you pronounce Dead Maufive :can:

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

karl fungus posted:

How the hell do you pronounce 3ndr?

Ender. What you don't know is that with every swipe you are helping commit genocide of an alien species.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

CeramicPig posted:

I don't have the link, but I know there was a reddit thread about some dude who pressured his gf into an open relationship, which back fired on him wildly. He had been perusing grindr or some poo poo and all the "hot babes" who he had been flirting with all disappeared or wanted nothing to do with him physically while his gf had stacks of dudes waiting to romp around with her. Reddit of all places told him off for being an rear end in a top hat to her about it and telling her she couldn't do it anymore.

Pretty sure it was fetlife or something.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Very innocuous shared pic, but the comments sure turn into... something.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Blind Pineapple posted:

Ah yes Obamacare the root of all evils. I think it went back in time and euthanized my puppy in the 80's.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I don't have screenshots due to :effort:, but I got in an argument with some rando yesterday who was arguing that we shouldn't focus on educating people about rape and instead just give every woman (actually every mentally stable person) a gun. At the end he brought up that Germans had a great educational system but that didn't stop the Nazis. I just gave up after that.

Insult Comic Barbie
Apr 21, 2010

Blind Pineapple posted:

How many people are in a high school class if your town has a population of 302? I'd think being "32 in class" wouldn't be something to brag about in his case. Unless he means he received a grade of 32 in some class...which I wouldn't brag about either.

Edit: I didn't know the 30-something in the pic was young enough to be a "child of Obamacare". drat liberal time travel plots!

Insult Comic Barbie has a new favorite as of 15:18 on Oct 25, 2014

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Insult Comic Barbie posted:

I'd think being "32 in class" wouldn't be something to brag about in his case. Unless he means he received a grade of 32 in some class...which I wouldn't brag about either.
I read that as "there were 32 people in my class".

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Insult Comic Barbie posted:

How many people are in a high school class if your town has a population of 302? I'd think being "32 in class" wouldn't be something to brag about in his case. Unless he means he received a grade of 32 in some class...which I wouldn't brag about either.

Edit: I didn't know the 30-something in the pic was young enough to be a "child of Obamacare". drat liberal time travel plots!

He's literally saying "I graduated with 32 in my class" as in his class total was 32 people.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Imagine living in a town where a tenth of the total population is your age. What the gently caress.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
That's not a town, that's a village or a hamlet. I grew up in a village that had about 700 people in it and it was tiny, it just had one little shop, a primary school, a pub, a post office, a church, a park, and a load of farmland and woods around, and if you wanted to do anything else you went into one of the actual towns nearby. And that was more than double the size of his town.

Riot Food
Dec 29, 2012

Blind Pineapple posted:

Isn't this just a wizard of oz reference rather than lack of geography knowledge, and he's just missed the joke? Or is that in itself :thejoke:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Riot Food posted:

Isn't this just a wizard of oz reference rather than lack of geography knowledge, and he's just missed the joke? Or is that in itself :thejoke:

It wouldn't make sense if it were just a random wizard of oz reference. Also, it's the Kansas City Royals, so they probably just didn't look up where the Royals were actually from.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Stottie Kyek posted:

Heterosexuals Inspiring Pride.

The best part about this one is that someone in the comments in their page wondered why the cucumber had a line across it, so they found the photo they used. It isn't a cucumber, it's a sex toy.

I don't want my pecker pickled by some pussy.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Garrand posted:

It wouldn't make sense if it were just a random wizard of oz reference. Also, it's the Kansas City Royals, so they probably just didn't look up where the Royals were actually from.

Obviously if they had been intelligent enough to actually do the research they would have written "You're not in Kansas City anymore" which is objectively a much better sign IMO. Moreover, I was appalled to learn that Jersey Shore is not in fact set on an island off the coast of France,

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
They are from Kansas City, Missouri.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Obviously it's America's fault for having two Kansas Cities in two different states.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Does anyone else find the name "Washington Redskins" really offensive? It really ought to be "Washington comma District of Columbia Redskins". Thanks, Obama.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Obviously it's America's fault for having two Kansas Cities in two different states.

Thanks Øbama!!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Why are there two Kansas Cities, anyway? Does the border bisect a city, like Lloydminster in Canada, or are they both named after the same geographic feature, like a river, something like that?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Why are there two Kansas Cities, anyway? Does the border bisect a city, like Lloydminster in Canada, or are they both named after the same geographic feature, like a river, something like that?

There's a river. The first Kansas city was the one in Missouri and blah blah whiteys

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Yeah, it does. Then again, they probably wouldn't get nitpicky over the fact the New York Giants play in New Jersey :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

We have two separate Colorado Rivers, what do you think?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Shugojin posted:

We have two separate Colorado Rivers, what do you think?

I think you need more names for things.

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof
Don't even get me started on Atlanta and "Peachtree"

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Marley Wants More posted:

Or Nashville and "Old Hickory"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

That's how I knew what part of the world Dredd was set in, actually.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

That's how I knew what part of the world Dredd was set in, actually.

Mega-City One cuts off in DC in the film version :colbert:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

How to get someone lost in Atlanta: "yeah it's on peachtree downtown"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
I used to live in Peachtree City GA and it was awful the amount of people that would come in asking where to get peaches.
There are no peach trees in Peachtree City.

• Locked thread