Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Eiba posted:

The people who didn't abruptly die are the most interesting parts... Rose/Roxy? Are they the only kids still alive? Besides whatsername. Not-Vriska.

Rose is pretty dead, though she might be alive enough to get out some last words. Aranea was getting choked pretty hard by HIC. I think the only kids left at this point are John, Roxy, and Dirk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL DOUBLE-BATTERED FOUR-PIECE gently caress WITH A SIDE OF SWEET POTATO FRIES DID I JUST loving WITNESS

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Neither Gamzee nor Rose got the Heroic/Just screens like the other three did. They're still okay (for now).

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

..........Everyone died. Mostly.

I hope to god John Ret-cons this poo poo.

And I need a kill list STAT.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Akett posted:

Rose is pretty dead, though she might be alive enough to get out some last words. Aranea was getting choked pretty hard by HIC. I think the only kids left at this point are John, Roxy, and Dirk.

Terezi wasn't Dead I think

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Y'know, almost kind of worth it to see Caliborn's "That nerd just beat the poo poo out of me" stare. That kid's not going to take that lying down!

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

pandaK posted:

Welp, time to reread Homestuck

HHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! :argh:

Grouchio posted:

..........Everyone died. Mostly.

I hope to god John Ret-cons this poo poo.

Does this mean John lost his most-frequently-dead title?

Edit: VVVVV They already have going to be. Timeloops.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Rose Spirit posted:

Neither Gamzee nor Rose got the Heroic/Just screens like the other three did. They're still okay (for now).

It's not known if Gamzee is proper god tiered or if he's just cosplaying. I don't know if this fucks with Canon proper because now who raised Caliborn/Calliope?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
:stare::catstare::jebstare::stonk::staredog:

Fancy Hat! posted:

Y'know, almost kind of worth it to see Caliborn's "That nerd just beat the poo poo out of me" stare. That kid's not going to take that lying down!

Also, "How ironic, that your very demise would be in the proximity of some horses."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Rose Spirit posted:

If Gamzee's wasn't a Just death I don't know what is.

Is he even a real God Tier though?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

pandaK posted:

Welp, time to reread Homestuck

I read the whole thing this year while I was transitioning between houses, and now I might be doing it a second time because 1 month on 9 months off means that I don't actually know who half of these characters are.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Hussie doing what Hussie does best.

Also lol at anyone who didn't immediately check the site when the first post after this thread get 15 replies is spoiler tagged.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Rose Spirit posted:

We're still not sure if Gamzee was ever actually God Tier or if he just has the horrible outfit through shenanigans and he was only still alive because he's a goddamn murder clown and they are literally impossible to kill.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm gonna need that update SLOWED DOWN so I can properly process this in the morning.

This better get fixed.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Aradia's still around.

You don't see her because she was busy in Tumblr looking for reactions like these.

Edit: can you help her find some? Because if we're getting these kinds of reactions, just imagine how #allmyfeels is going to take it.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 25, 2014

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I'm as sure this is going to get reversed as I was of the Trollocaust on the meteor.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
You know, for such a huge goober John can really lay out a pretty massive beating. Where did that come from? :stare:

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

We're still not sure if Gamzee was ever actually God Tier or if he just has the horrible outfit through shenanigans and he was only still alive because he's a goddamn murder clown and they are literally impossible to kill.

If Terezi is still around, I'm pretty sure Gamzee will still be haunting her like an insane spector. If she IS dead, theres no real reason for him to be alive anymore, or atleast in any narrative way that I can make sense of.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Gamzee killed Karkat
Arenea tried to kill Jane, but Jake took the shot and died
Aranea killed Jane anyway
Kanaya killed Gamzee
HiC killed Kanaya while blowing everything up
Jack and PM killed Dave (Why were they fighting?)
Arenea killed Terezi when Terezi tried to come at her for some reason
HiC stabbed a vengeful Rose with her trident, but Roxy teleported her away (not dead yet, but pretty bad off)
HiC started strangling Arenea
Dirk's gonna be confused when he gets back.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

People who are for sure not dead: Condy, Rose (no DEAD screen yet), Roxy, PM/Bec Noir, Caliborn and John.

Prediction: Caliborn will now go full Lord English while in proximity of the horses, hence why his "demise" will would have been ironic had it not unhappened in the future. (ok that one got away from me)

Also Gamzee got cut in half, god tier or no he's had it (pretty sure that qualifies as "just" if he is, and even a clown can't survive being bisected)

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

One interesting thing I noticed was that, for a brief shot, we saw the environment surrounding the Cal-shaped facility Caliborn is in. Hopefully somebody faster on the screenshot key than I am will rise to the occasion.

Getting all his friends unkilled would be a pretty good motivation for John to learn how to control his extra-narrative existence. I guess that's what he'll be doing next. It was Caliborn's influence on the story (the glitches that prevented everybody from coordinating) that caused the situation to deteriorate to this, as well as John's absence.

Lot of good images, though. Karkat getting so mad he outran a vampire, Dave doing something heroic and dying for it, Jake's pointless noble sacrifice, our first look at some of the Empress' more destructive powers, John beating the poo poo out of Caliborn.

How ironic, that Caliborn's very first defeat would be in the proximity of some horses. What? You didn't follow that? Just think it over. Think it over...

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Eiba posted:

Jack and PM killed Dave (Why were they fighting?)

The dog part of them made them really protective of Jade, and Dave wanted to actually save her but they wouldn't let him near her.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
There's no way that Karkat could outrun Kanaya's vampire speed, where's your consistency Hussie?

edit: beaten by Bongo Bill, I also like how Aranea and HiC's psychic battle had the same ridiculous feeling as this panel

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 25, 2014

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Fucknag posted:

People who are for sure not dead: Condy, Rose (no DEAD screen yet), Roxy, PM/Bec Noir, Caliborn and John.

You people sure have a way of forgetting Aranea, you know, duking it head on with the Condesce, being immortal, and generally a shitlord who just killed two major characters.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

but also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrriBr-46_I&t=449s

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I just noticed Gamzee's left half was frowning and his right half was smiling when he was bisected.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Needs troll horns

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Filthy Haiku posted:

You know, for such a huge goober John can really lay out a pretty massive beating. Where did that come from? :stare:

Ripped from his home against his (informed) will, witnessed the destruction of Earth and all humanity, watched all his friends die numerous times, saw his Dad's bleeding corpse, then got three long years to stew in it during puberty while also dealing with "normal" teenager poo poo. Then he watched his ecto-sister get possessed and kidnap everyone else as everything burned to the ground upon their arrival in the new session. Went on a trek through the afterlife with his kinda-sorta-ex-crush, who he finally realized is an awful murderer, stuck his hand into every point in space-time and became unbound from reality, eventually leading him to Caliborn's place, where he was forced to endure Homosuck firsthand, and to top it all off was forced to view his awful Deviantart account with its impossibly lovely fanart.

All that sorrow, all that angst, all that righteous wrath and hormone-fueled emotional turmoil, channeled through the powers of a wrathful god and given microscopic focus by finding out that this little poo poo is ultimately responsible for all the poo poo he's been through.

Plus, he was raised by Dad, the manliest of men.

Are you really surprised he can deliver a beatdown when the time comes?

E:

Ramos posted:

You people sure have a way of forgetting Aranea, you know, duking it head on with the Condesce, being immortal, and generally a shitlord who just killed two major characters.

gently caress Aranea. (but not literally, like some creepy posters in this thread would probably like to. just.... gently caress that bitch.)

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

At least I finally understand what is so ironic about those drat horses.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Fucknag posted:

E:

gently caress Aranea. (but not literally, like some creepy posters in this thread would probably like to. just.... gently caress that bitch.)

Still alive, kicking, and doing way more than Vriska ever did within minutes. All while being awesome.

Also, she got rid of Jake, all the better.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Also, can anyone explain how they gently caress Aranea was suddenly just casually tossing planets around the incipisphere like so many baseballs?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
You know, I had quite forgotten just how amazingly ruthless hussie can be about these things.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Fucknag posted:

Also, can anyone explain how they gently caress Aranea was suddenly just casually tossing planets around the incipisphere like so many baseballs?