Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

News is that Skullgirls on PS4 will support PS3 sticks, but not PS360+ or other custom boards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I'm probably missing something obvious but how is a PS360+ in PS3 mode any different from any other PS3 stick?

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I'm probably missing something obvious but how is a PS360+ in PS3 mode any different from any other PS3 stick?
http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/22/7040253/skullgirls-encore-ps4-supports-ps3-arcade-sticks-madcatz

- "Any stick that reads as a Generic USB GamePad or Joystick will work," Bartholow said in an email to Polygon. "This covers MadCatz TEs, which are the majority of what the fighting game community uses right now, as well as many other smaller brands and custom options such as the GodLike Controls' Cthulhu boards.

- Bartholow says any device that identifies itself as a DualShock 3, instead of something more generic, won't work with its driver. The popular PS360+ board and Inpin PS2 to PS3 adapter will not work for this reason, Bartholow says.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

PS3 sticks can identify themselves as generic USB devices

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

It sucks that it can't be used with the PS360+ since that is what I use in both my sticks, but it's cool that they got this working.

Guess I need to save up for a TE2 or something.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Huh weird. I wonder if it's possible for them to add a mode for that in the firmware? I actually thought there was already a 'generic USB' mode you could select by holding a button with those boards.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Fruitsnacks posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/22/7040253/skullgirls-encore-ps4-supports-ps3-arcade-sticks-madcatz

- "Any stick that reads as a Generic USB GamePad or Joystick will work," Bartholow said in an email to Polygon. "This covers MadCatz TEs, which are the majority of what the fighting game community uses right now, as well as many other smaller brands and custom options such as the GodLike Controls' Cthulhu boards.

- Bartholow says any device that identifies itself as a DualShock 3, instead of something more generic, won't work with its driver. The popular PS360+ board and Inpin PS2 to PS3 adapter will not work for this reason, Bartholow says.

Anyone know if this would include the older Toodles board?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Maybe? They point out that the Cthulu board will work.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

News is that Skullgirls on PS4 will support PS3 sticks, but not PS360+ or other custom boards.

The other big news is that they're willing to let other devs use their drivers for free.

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

So just out of curiosity, do we have a prerelease or hype thread for Mortal Kombat X? I know the thread for MK9 was a pretty good one, so I was wondering if some enterprising goon had started one.

I did the MK9 thread, I might do one for MKX but I haven't really been paying a whole lot of attention to that game so it won't be for a little while yet.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

MKX is a goodly while off yet. There just isn't much out there except for people going crazy on speculating what character is/is not in the game, not much to base a thread off of just yet.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Oh my god the salt tonight on streams has been just euphoric.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Drowning Rabbit posted:

It should in theory since that one identifies as a generic USB controller. To test it just jam it into your PC and see what you get identified as. It sucks that the newer boards and the Inpin won't work. The generic blue PS2->PS3 will work but the build quality on those means they vary a bit and can have some lag, I have two and one of them is lagless while the other one vary sometimes but I think it's because the soldering on the internal board is really poor.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Future PS360+ updates may end up supporting the PS4.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.

uncleKitchener posted:

I doubt it, they'd have to release a new board with bluetooth (like the hori hrap http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/189004/hori-hrap-v4-announced-compatible-with-ps3-and-ps4/p3) and the latest revised board (which brings down the xbox 360 input delay) doesn't have bluetooth as far as I know.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

uncleKitchener posted:

The newest update supports it now, but only for 8 mins at a time. The board fails the bluetooth checkin and disconnects the controller. It would require a bluetooth module to fix it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Also DOA5:LR coming out on 2/17/15. Surprised its so soon.

edit:

quote:

The updated, supposedly final iteration of Dead or Alive 5, known as Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, will reach the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360 on February 17, publisher Koei Tecmo has revealed.

Alongside the wealth of fighters and stages included in Dead or Alive 5, Dead or Alive 5 Plus and Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, Last Round introduces two new fighters and new stages, including "The Crimson," a remixed Dead or Alive 2 stage where players battle their way across tin rooftops before plummeting onto a busy Asian street to continue the fight. Like all of Dead or Alive 5's best stages, The Crimson features "several all-new over-the-top Cliffhanger events" for those times when you just have to toss your opponent off a building.

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will feature a $30 price tag on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and a $40 price tag on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. However, PlayStation 4 owners can download the free Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: Core Fighters for a test drive featuring four fighters and limited gameplay options, with the option to purchase additional pieces of the game later. Xbox One owners can purchase access to Core Fighters for $5, or they can play a free demo that lacks Core Fighters' DLC options.

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 23, 2014

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

So long as we're talking about the PS360+, what's the version that has a one frame delay on 360? I'm having a lot of trouble getting that result in Google for some reason.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Sarchasm posted:

So long as we're talking about the PS360+, what's the version that has a one frame delay on 360? I'm having a lot of trouble getting that result in Google for some reason.

version 2.10 fixes it, so assume all the ones before it.

I haven't noticed it at all, honestly, and would still recommend one- I have 2 of the old version in my stick

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
DoA5:LR news, US release date is Feb. 17th and 19th for the EU and JP. Digital copies of the game will be $39.99 for the PS4 and Xbone, the PS3 and 360 will be $29.99. The PS4 and Xbone will be getting boxed versions and boxed collector's editions, prices haven't been given for those yet(probably 60/80). The Core Fighters F2P version will be returning for PS3/PS4 and Xbone, additionally the Xbone will have a $4.99 version of Core Fighters that also includes: Hitomi, Tina, Jann Lee, and Bass, on top of Kasumi, Hayate, Hayabusa, and Ayane. The base game will include over 300 costumes.

http://shoryuken.com/2014/10/23/dea...turning-stages/

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/dead-or-alive-5-last-round-launches-in-the-west-on-february-17-2015-all-dlc-content-transferable.4990/

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Seriously?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gonna buy that hakan

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ibuki will complete her transformation into her final raccoon form

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

uh sorry that dudley is amazing

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
British Bulldog Dudley loving owns

but lol @ Cammy just having animal ears stuck on

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Might explain this.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
she's a fox alright! mrowwww!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
1) Everything but Cammy and ryu own, sorry

2) I thought people stopped hating anything with animal people in it just because of furries like 5 years ago.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

zangief will probably be a bear with bright red underwear

please consider how much you want to see a talking bear piledrive potato people when thinking about how important this costume pack is

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I'm going to have sex with Fox Cammy. THat's just the way it is. The Hakkan super animations with that costume are going to be extremely good

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Stop sexualizing fox tits

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I thought Cammy liked cats. Of course, she does already have a cat costume.

And Ryu not being a dragon is weird as his name is literally dragon.

How much you want to bet that Gief won't be a bear and Balrog won't be a buffalo just to gently caress with people

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Balrog will be an ape of some kind and then everybody will be really uncomfortable

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

How much you want to bet that Gief won't be a bear and Balrog won't be a buffalo just to gently caress with people

fei long needs to be a dragon obviously

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
if there are no iconic jamaican animals then deejay better be a large marijuana leaf

it's not like capcom doesn't do pure racial stereotypes so dhalsim is probably going to be an elephant or something

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Cody better be a sloth, so I can make him nap all the time. Also I want hedgehog Rolento.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Because Ken has all the fire moves, so he'll be dragon. Or maybe Fei Long yeah that works too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

So Akishop (the guys that make the PS360+ board) have been posting on SRK, and were asked:

quote:

Would it be possible to update the PS360+ via firmware to identify itself as a Generic USB Controller instead of a DualShock 3 to get it to work with Lab Zero's driver for PS3 controllers on the PS4?

quote:

I am sure it will work with a small firmware update, should be nothing special. As soon as we are able to test the game we can work on a solution.

So that's a good sign, at least.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Endorph posted:

Balrog will be an ape of some kind and then everybody will be really uncomfortable

You know, you joke about it but this is capcom we're talking about so there's a good chance they would actually do that.

Oh God.

Jeffrey posted:

if there are no iconic jamaican animals then deejay better be a large marijuana leaf

it's not like capcom doesn't do pure racial stereotypes so dhalsim is probably going to be an elephant or something

Dee Jay should either be an Iguana with a blunt or a stuffed Bob Marley Banana.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
How many hitbox users do we have in here? I am really considering one now, but I am kinda concerned about adapting to do motions with buttons. My left hand is my weaker one by a lot and and I don't know how well it will take to adapting to the change. I switched to an oversized actuator with a tight spring in my JLF a few months ago and it never loosened up a little like I expected it to, and my execution has gone to poo poo as a result of it. I've tried using other peoples sticks and they feel way too lose which makes it even worse. I might get a new stick and try that first but I am really tempted by the hitbox

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nodoze posted:

How many hitbox users do we have in here? I am really considering one now, but I am kinda concerned about adapting to do motions with buttons. My left hand is my weaker one by a lot and and I don't know how well it will take to adapting to the change. I switched to an oversized actuator with a tight spring in my JLF a few months ago and it never loosened up a little like I expected it to, and my execution has gone to poo poo as a result of it. I've tried using other peoples sticks and they feel way too lose which makes it even worse. I might get a new stick and try that first but I am really tempted by the hitbox

Please try someone else's before you spend the money on one.

Unless you're a Tekken player then 420 hitbox all day errday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Nodoze posted:

I don't have any idea on how sticks work but wouldn't you use a tighter spring with a smaller actuator to avoid false inputs and a looser spring with a larger actuator to allow for more sloppy inputs?

• Locked thread