Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Is it coming to these uncivilized English-speaking lands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Ratoslov posted:

Is it coming to these uncivilized English-speaking lands?

Last I looked it was.

I'm loving in. Of course I'm in. Why wouldn't I be in. Never gonna let go of me chinagame.

ArdanSortek
Jun 19, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

Its that time again.

Time to post.

Moon Light Blade

PvP video of a beggar vs lots of things
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLUYPhszwdk

Beggar skills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro5qjBwnVFw

ShienWei skills, which is spear and bow. Should be Divinity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj0oKz8MJQQ

A ShienWei leveling up, shows music and pve
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zk-CtAkqiA

Flight skills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfA3VNAa_pc

Scholars? Get out your umbrellas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3ANPw2xzOc\

Stealth missions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5tirNcQkUU\

CARTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7V17grSUK8

This looks really nice and they have a spear! Any idea if the combat is as ping-dependent as Wushu?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Luthience will be testing things later on today.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Nat played through some of it on the Chinese servers and said that boss combat actually takes skill to fight instead of being an HP wall (!!!) but that also combat is somewhat ping dependent. No clue if it's as bad as Wushu where the server just takes in the first command it receives so you're literally hosed if you have higher ping but it's there.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I thought this wasn't technically out in China yet?

E: I am so there though.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 25, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Kylra posted:

I thought this wasn't technically out in China yet?

E: I am so there though.

She has a chinese friend who helped her get into the CBT.

I'm done with MMOs even though I'd love to try it, I just don't have the time for them anymore and have basically only been on my handhelds for the past 2 months. At least Monster Hunter isn't ping dependent for SP :shobon:

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I have no time either, but this could lure me to get less sleep, I suppose.

Eliirae
Mar 30, 2011
Another chinagame that maybe won't be bad this time around? I'm in.

Assuming it gets translated and brought overseas before the internet explodes or something equally ridiculous.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Haquer posted:

Nat played through some of it on the Chinese servers and said that boss combat actually takes skill to fight instead of being an HP wall (!!!) but that also combat is somewhat ping dependent. No clue if it's as bad as Wushu where the server just takes in the first command it receives so you're literally hosed if you have higher ping but it's there.

please do not disparage my airtanking abilities :(

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

There's skill based combat and then there's whatever the gently caress yanman was.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

kznlol posted:

please do not disparage my airtanking abilities :(

Flute set ended up being 100% better at single target air tanking since it doesn't need rage to stay in the air permanently. The spam (and spam utility move you could use after 3 spams) also hit like a truck because loving internal sets.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
So are we jumping on the china version, or waiting for the enlish one?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

getting a QQ account for most people would be rather painful

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

getting a QQ account for most people would be rather painful

http://www.imqq.com/

Same QQ we are discussing?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yes.

Here is the problem

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
As a member of mainland china :china:, i can help anyone get a QQ account who is willing to paypal me the cost of a sim card. I might even have a spare lying around that I can use to get a QQ.

edit: i can also get you one of those lucky cats that wave their paws

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 26, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I want one of those fuckin lucky cats.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

randombattle posted:

There's skill based combat and then there's whatever the gently caress yanman was.

autism

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

randombattle posted:

Where the skill ranged from stand still to purple cloud to so impractical you needed an ancient set to air tanking to tent wall.

ArdanSortek
Jun 19, 2011
More videos of clans, their skills and basic combat guides in Moonlight Blade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anNeG1aAshQ

In chronological order

1st clan: TaiBai (Sword)
2nd clan: ShenWei (Spear/Bow)
3rd Clan: Beggar (Drunken Fist)
4th Clan: Tangmen (Hidden Weapon/Puppetry)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23s30SWMHw4

5th Clan: ZhenWu (YinYang Sword) - This game's version of Wudang, with an interesting take on Yin and Yang.

An english subbed video about the combat system:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBwg1DuzhZ4

ArdanSortek fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 26, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Saradiart posted:

Where the skill ranged from stand still to purple cloud to so impractical you needed an ancient set to air tanking to tent wall.

Hey that last boss was super easy we did it with like 6 people! Man we told Delamore to give it one more chance..

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The new instance is even worse. Six bosses with instant kill gimmicks. The last one has a one minute long phase where he does huge damage to anyone standing on the ground. The room you fight him in has a very low ceiling. Snail really is something special.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

That Killing Intent thing looks cool as hell. Spend rage to force yourself and a target into a separate instance for a little bit.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Hole Wolf posted:

That Killing Intent thing looks cool as hell. Spend rage to force yourself and a target into a separate instance for a little bit.

That sounds like some of the best parts of swordsman and wushu. I hope it's easy to keep people from running in circles constantly cause it's always the least cool parts of pvp in these games.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

ponzicar posted:

The new instance is even worse. Six bosses with instant kill gimmicks. The last one has a one minute long phase where he does huge damage to anyone standing on the ground. The room you fight him in has a very low ceiling. Snail really is something special.

Dark Souls: Ping-is-King party edition

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I don't see anyone literally vomiting coins at anyone else. Game must be broken.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Oh god, the sphere grid.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

all those people nappin are leveling up afk via meditation

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I'm guessing it's a game by comp sci nerds for comp sci nerds. Look at all those sweet graphs/networks. Kung fu some spanning trees. Jerkjerk will know.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Yup gonna play that game.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm the jewish conspiracy meridian

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Man look how relaxed that girl looks. Makes me sleepy just looking at her.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
wait so what is this game

when can i play it

can i be a school headmaster again

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Overcomplicated meridian poo poo.
Yes.

all those people nappin are leveling up afk via meditation
Yeeessss.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
If you can find me a UI that appears when I click an obscure button hidden in an obscure menu that contains a bunch of silhouettes and strange engrish menus something something blessing jianghu please the follow the lady to the guest room, I'm sold

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

quote:

Experience can also be obtained through performing daily role-playing quest. Each player will be given a random daily quest which involves one of the role-playing experiences, including calligraphy/painting, wild animal hunting, goods delivery, robbery, treasure hunting or assassination. If you don’t like the quest given, you can request the game to change it to another random activity (once per day).

quote:

Certain instances are only accessible during day or night in-game; for example, the first instance which is a solo assassination instance can only be performed at night (in-game)

quote:

The 2 major aspects for character growth in Moonlight Blade Online are character level which increases with “Experience” and meridian system, which requires investment of “Cultivation”.

quote:

Killing mobs in the dungeon or world map does not grant you any experience at all.

quote:

Typically, it only takes about ~10-15 minutes to fully convert these “free” experience/cultivation points. If you are in a party, the meditation process is sped up by 5% per person. If someone nearby is playing musical instrument, the process of absorbing experience and cultivation is further speed up by 20%.

quote:

There are various Inspiration Points in the world map where players can visit and gain "Inspiration". These locations are typically very scenic and offer breathtaking view of the area. Upon discovery of these points, the game will automatically store the Inspiration, which can be converted to either Experience or Cultivation point through meditation anywhere (you do not have to meditate at that location to absorb it). Each Inspiration Point can only be harvested once in your whole game lifetime.

quote:

The painting or calligraphy produced by yourself can be admired (or rather consumed) to gain cultivation point as well.

meridians

quote:

New node activations require "Nodal Points", which can only be obtained through side quest. These side quests are marked on the map, but certain quests can only be activated under specific weather condition or day/night.

quote:

The Skill Meridian network is another interesting feature of the meridian system. It allows you to boost certain battle skills by activation of new nodes. The activation condition of new nodes in Skill Meridian is slightly different from other meridians. It requires player to challenge certain NPC’s to 1-on-1 duel and defeat them in battle

quote:

For example, the 2nd node for ZhenWu Skill Meridian offers 3 options for improving Charged Slash: (1) Reduce charging time by 0.3, 1st hit suppresses the target (2) The sword chi travels forward and generates a strong suction effect (3) damage increase 20%, sword chi stays on the field for additional 1 sec.

tldr you can slot stats and what not into meridians, and you get skill books you slot into them to get new skills, and you can change some skills based on what you unlock

Classes
TianXiang 天香
GaiBang 丐帮
ZhenWu 真武
ShenWei 神威
TaiBai 太白
TengMang 唐门

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
wait this is important and I need to know

:siren:can you level crafts by playing china pvp bejeweled:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I wish the Tang in Moonlight weren't the "haha giant dagger mines" of Swordsman but the music/healing/whatever clan I seem to recall reading about seems cool and maybe won't suck as hard as Shen did.