Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
To be honest, I'm more surprised it took so long to get to this cliche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I read this series for the faces. This chapter delivered in spades.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Get ready for some more Shafttilts.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-01/nisekoi-manga-gets-2nd-tv-anime-season/.79421

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

So (and just to be that guy, I suppose), how well did the first season do? Did it help boost the manga or was it a success on its own in the BD / DVD camp? After Medaka Box and it's apparent crushing failure, I don't know what's up anymore with WSJ.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Huh, I wonder how far they'll go. Chapter 100, maybe?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Wark Say posted:

So (and just to be that guy, I suppose), how well did the first season do? Did it help boost the manga or was it a success on its own in the BD / DVD camp? After Medaka Box and it's apparent crushing failure, I don't know what's up anymore with WSJ.

The anime discs sold modestly (roughly ~6Kish average), but manga sales shot up like a rocket. From 1.5 million total volumes in 2013 to almost 2.5 million in the first half of 2014. The anime absolutely did its job and then some.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Super Jay Mann posted:

The anime discs sold modestly (roughly ~6Kish average), but manga sales shot up like a rocket. From 1.5 million total volumes in 2013 to almost 2.5 million in the first half of 2014. The anime absolutely did its job and then some.

Wow, good for them.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

BlitzBlast posted:

Huh, I wonder how far they'll go. Chapter 100, maybe?

If they do like they did before and pick from like 50 chapters of stuff, they'll probably end with the Amnesia arc? Regardless of what they do it'll be a non-ending of course. I'm completely fine with that, and if they stick to any sort of order we'll get the one about Chitoge's Mom right near the start.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The Ruri faces.

I'm dyin' over here.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Nisekoi.txt

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

"Is it maternal instinct to be drawn towards failures?"

:drat:

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I have to say, the supporting characters are far more interesting than the main characters of this manga. Then again, if everything was about the supporting characters, they wouldn't be so interesting anymore. Maybe a short spin-off?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I found that in rom-coms, the main character's male sidekick almost always have the more interesting relationship. If the sidekick is lucky enough to have a non-doomed relationship at all, of course.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Ch-142--Animal?id=209861

Oh god, those eyes.... those eyes.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I have conquered my fear of the gorilla. :allears:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I knew this chapter was going to be gold as soon as I realized it was a Marika chapter.

Raku you are terrible at naming things.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Raku you are terrible at naming things.

Apologize to His Excellency, Hameln right now. :colbert:

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Man, Komi is actively taunting us with one of the few interesting plotlines of "Marika and her horrible sickness" at this point.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm glad there's been some good chapters; first more Ruri and now cute animals!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Compendium posted:

I'm glad there's been some good chapters; first more Ruri and now cute Marika!
My work here is done.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Marika's ok, but the crocodile won my heart over, sorry to say.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
It's Onodera's turn at the plate this week. About what you'd expect; the faces are as usual the best part.

I want to slap ever character in this and yell to just get on with it already, but such is the nature of harem stories I suppose.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Onodera's mom is still awesome.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kosaki's mom is the best.

Kosaki remains terrible.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yeah that chapter was a dud. Onodera is awful without the rest of the harem to bounce off of.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Didn't this exact chapter already happen like 100 chapters ago?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

my main man wants the traditional girl but that american pussy is too strong.

just started watching this show because of shaft and its pretty funny so far. hopefully it won't turn bad but that's harem shows for you

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

http://mangafox.me/manga/nisekoi/vTBD/c144/2.html

So Raku knows that Onodera loves him now. Progress!

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I almost thought that chapter was going to accomplish something at one point. How quickly I forget.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

And that's the mixed bath shenanigans checkbox over with.

Whenever I read a new chapter, I'm always amazed by just how many romance cliches there are.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Hey, at the end they managed bodily contact with each other without either of them freaking out in embarrassment!

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Irisize posted:

I almost thought that chapter was going to accomplish something at one point. How quickly I forget.

Noob. :D

The central conceit is the polygon. That can't resolve, or there is no story.

Although, I'm getting a bit bored overall. There's no longer a sense of conflict anymore, and Raku, who never had that much personality, seems to have gone completely bland.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

buzmeg posted:

Raku, who never had that much personality, seems to have gone completely bland.

He was a relatively rambunctious punk(calling most of his father's underlings "teme~", for example) for a house husband that wanted to say "gently caress all dat Yakuza poo poo" and he also had MAD ENKA SINGING SKILLS (was that anime-only? Can't remember).

Also, why is he so dead-set on Kosaki? Her only good qualities is that she's vaguely cute and demure. Pretty much any other member of his harem is better/more interesting. poo poo, her mom and little sister are way more interesting and... maybe I should stop. Rom-com/Harem clichés can get obnoxious after a while.

Reminds of the time I was reading an old manga. Can't remember the name, but it was basically about a 20-something salary man who has to deal with the whole office moving into his lovely apartment for a while when suddenly a teenage girl coming in to live with him. I remember how, even while it was little, it portrayed a budding romance in an uncharacteristically un-clichéd way. I kinda liked that manga and I'm kinda mad that I forgot about its name.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

He's been crushing on Kosaki his entire life, the rest of the harem has only recently popped in.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Also, not to mention, it has not yet been three years since the chronological start of the story. When that timetable is passed will Raku go steady. But with who, that is the question.

Personally I believe he will know that everyone in his harem loves him by the third year. He will just have to choose.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The writer lets the readers vote, the entirety of Japan breaks out into riots.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

The writer lets the readers vote, Y-san ensures we get a Marika ending
Fixed. I would be totally OK with it, too.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Also, why is he so dead-set on Kosaki? Her only good qualities is that she's vaguely cute and demure. Pretty much any other member of his harem is better/more interesting. poo poo, her mom and little sister are way more interesting and... maybe I should stop. Rom-com/Harem clichés can get obnoxious after a while.

Doesn't every harem series always have the MC be focused on a docile, kind of quiet semi-subservient traditional Japanese girl while the other options are mixed Japanese, aggressive, or really quirky in some way?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Keitaro in Love Hina was pretty fixed on Naru from the start, wasn't he? I haven't really read much harem manga, so that's my only reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

pentyne posted:

Doesn't every harem series always have the MC be focused on a docile, kind of quiet semi-subservient traditional Japanese girl while the other options are mixed Japanese, aggressive, or really quirky in some way?

You'd think so, but the truth is...

• Locked thread