Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

JadeRaven posted:

Fantastic job tonight Goons. We managed to go 8-1, only losing to this loving guy and his team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C-aVfvge70 I think I'm okay with him being better at robots than us. I'll loving live with that.

To defeat him we must become like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

In that case the only sane conclusion I can reach from that is it's better to just lose.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

JadeRaven posted:

Fantastic job tonight Goons. We managed to go 8-1, only losing to this loving guy and his team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C-aVfvge70 I think I'm okay with him being better at robots than us. I'll loving live with that.

This is Warlocke's mental image of himself owning the trolls.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

JadeRaven posted:

i lost to this guy on stream way back when, and then played his video over my stream and we all made fun of him and i felt better.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Mindblast posted:

In that case the only sane conclusion I can reach from that is it's better to just lose.

Yeah I think I'm ok with just letting that guy have his cbills.

JadeRaven
Nov 12, 2008

Kaninrail posted:

Yeah I think I'm ok with just letting that guy have his cbills.

I'm totally taking his lunch money though.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
He's also apparently the kind of guy who likes to argue in youtube comments so I guess that says it all.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It's called a DAIBO! It's not a PVC PIPE!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
In other news I might actually master a chassis for once; I just bought a third Hunchback (I now have a -4G, -4SP, and -4J) continuing the tradition of me piloting lovely mechs.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

:psyduck:

JadeRaven
Nov 12, 2008

Kazvall posted:

It's called a DAIBO! It's not a PVC PIPE!

His mother is actually still super pissed that he took apart her broom to make that video.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
MechWarrior.jpg

It's close enough to Halloween I guess.

Biscuit Hider
Apr 12, 2005

Biscuit Hider

TeeMerk posted:

MechWarrior.jpg

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

TeeMerk posted:

MechWarrior.jpg

Attention whores will always find an excuse to post all their cosplay pictures, despite the fact no one asked for them.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

TeeMerk posted:

MechWarrior.jpg

Maybe it's the lack of sleep, but I can't stop laughing. I'm pretty sure it's not the lack of sleep.

God damnit days like this I love the internet.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You need 3 variants to elite a chassis. I'm not that interested in the -4H (it's basically identical to a -4G) and the -4P plays similarly to the -4G I already have. The -4G, -4SP, and -4J actually play differently from each other.

It's kind of like how so many of the Shadow Hawks are redundant because they have almost the same hardpoint/weapon loadouts - with the Hunchback you basically choose one of -4g, -4h, or -4p and then get the other two variants.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

WarLocke posted:

You need 3 variants to elite a chassis. I'm not that interested in the -4H (it's basically identical to a -4G) and the -4P plays similarly to the -4G I already have. The -4G, -4SP, and -4J actually play differently from each other.

It's kind of like how so many of the Shadow Hawks are redundant because they have almost the same hardpoint/weapon loadouts - with the Hunchback you basically choose one of -4g, -4h, or -4p and then get the other two variants.

Except that the 4P is arguably the best hunchie, but as with your reasoning of not getting the cn9-A I will just say,"Good Luck Man!"

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I accidentally bought one of those back in the day. It's tolerable as a missile thrower when the lrm balance pendulum swings it's way but now that the 4sp has 10 tube shoulders its worthless.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

TeeMerk posted:

MechWarrior.jpg

I know that at least one dev posted a picture in there

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

TeeMerk posted:

MechWarrior.jpg

:eyepop:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Number19 posted:

I know that at least one dev posted a picture in there

Your offspring is way too cute.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Great Beer posted:

I accidentally bought one of those back in the day. It's tolerable as a missile thrower when the lrm balance pendulum swings it's way but now that the 4sp has 10 tube shoulders its worthless.

It has the biggest hunch of all the hunchies. It's a horrific thing.

Also I'm still traumatised by when it was a trial mech and we ran a full team of them, because it in no way has the heat sinks for all it's weapons stock.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Fil5000 posted:

It has the biggest hunch of all the hunchies. It's a horrific thing.

:psyduck:

It barely has a hunch at all compared to the 4G/H or 4P.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I like the 4N the best but it never made it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

TeeMerk posted:

I like the 4N the best but it never made it.

Sarna.net posted:

The 4N Swayback combines the qualities of the 4H and 4J. First used in 2920 it carried an Autocannon/5, a pair of LRM-5 launchers and two additional medium lasers in the right torso while carrying one ton of reloads for both autocannon and missile launchers in the left torso, making the 4N capable of direct fire and indirect fire support.

Yeah, that would have been an interesting variant. I'd take that over the -4H, I think.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The thing everyone is forgetting about the HBK-4J: if you take the missiles out, it has no hunch at all. It just mirrors the LT geometry onto the RT (and keeps the internal hp buff!).

The HBK-4P is a piece of poo poo because of ghost heat, it used to be my favourite robot but there is literally no reason to run it now because the only thing the 4P does that the 4J doesn't is fire 7-9 medium lasers, which triggers ghost heat and fucks you over hard. Just get a 4J instead, play a hunchless hunchback. I'm competing in the Hunchback category in the tourney and have actually been running the 4P for the first time in many many months and god damnit gently caress you Paul for loving over this mech that used to be so much fun.

WarLocke posted:

Yeah, that would have been an interesting variant. I'd take that over the -4H, I think.

The 4N would have been loving awesome, and PGI pretty clearly agrees because the cashmoney hunchback is based on the 4N...

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

aniviron posted:

The HBK-4P is a piece of poo poo because of ghost heat, it used to be my favourite robot but there is literally no reason to run it now because the only thing the 4P does that the 4J doesn't is fire 7-9 medium lasers, which triggers ghost heat and fucks you over hard. Just get a 4J instead, play a hunchless hunchback. I'm competing in the Hunchback category in the tourney and have actually been running the 4P for the first time in many many months and god damnit gently caress you Paul for loving over this mech that used to be so much fun.

Yeah, the -4J can carry 6xML without a hunch so I don't really see what the -4P has over it (well, 3 more lasers but as this guy said it's hard to leverage them).

Sam Hall
Jun 29, 2003

WarLocke posted:

Yeah, the -4J can carry 6xML without a hunch so I don't really see what the -4P has over it (well, 3 more lasers but as this guy said it's hard to leverage them).

Sometimes you want to shoot lasers over the terrain instead of into the terrain, and the positioning of the 4Ps hardpoints on the shoulder instead of at crotch level helps with that.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

My favorite Hunchie will probably forever be the 7xSL 2xML -4P. I was drumsticking before it was cool.

My second favorite would be LRM10x2 LLx2 MLx2 -4SP. I think I put it together during a fairly low period for SRMs, Raven -3L night terrors, etc. Going fast is overrated, but you could always XL it instead.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

I had lots of fun playing with goons in groups tonight. Thanks for all the tipsy robot shooting, goons.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Number19 posted:

I had lots of fun playing with goons in groups tonight. Thanks for all the tipsy robot shooting, goons.

Goons drinking? At games?!? You is silly.

McDeth
Jan 12, 2005
SO whose fat rolls do I have to suck on to find out where goons congregate for this game? I checked the Comstar TS since it was mentioned earlier in this thread but couldn't find any rooms specific to SA and it's not mentioned in the OP anywhere.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

McDeth posted:

SO whose fat rolls do I have to suck on to find out where goons congregate for this game? I checked the Comstar TS since it was mentioned earlier in this thread but couldn't find any rooms specific to SA and it's not mentioned in the OP anywhere.

check your pms

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

Only a king can make this face.
I too am gay would like to play this game with goons.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

McDeth posted:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANOUNCEMENT

:siren: Page 25 :siren:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I just want to shout out to my J.O. bros from tryhard company last night. Something about 4 losses in 7 hours of play made this game fun.

Also, always have 3 lurmcrows.

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels
What's the tryhard fit for a lurmcrow?

I slapped one together without putting any thought into it and it's already been a lot of fun, when you're in the mood to chill with lurms.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Random Number posted:

Also, always have 3 lurmcrows.

Goons using LRMs?!?

Also finally settled on an Atlas build that works for me; it's basically a Zombie Truckernaught++. :black101:

n00n3r
Jun 18, 2012

Raised by Hamsters posted:

I slapped one together without putting any thought into it and it's already been a lot of fun, when you're in the mood to chill with lurms.

You're doing it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

WarLocke posted:

Goons using LRMs?!?

Also finally settled on an Atlas build that works for me; it's basically a Zombie Truckernaught++. :black101:

I mean, that's just a truckernaught with an lrm 10 instead of an ECM. So yeah, it'll be alright... I just can't understand not filling those missile points with either SRMs or lrms.

• Locked thread