Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Sergio Aragones

The Lighter Side of Air Travel

Don Martin Dept.

:stare: Don Martin was really loving messed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Selachian posted:

The current Phantom and his son are both named Kit Walker. That said, I'll believe they're actually transferring the mantle of the Phantom when I see the current one dead and Kit Jr. putting on the purple suit.
Almost all of the Phantoms are named Kit Walker.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

His Divine Shadow posted:

There's that preachy annoying as gently caress nemi I've come to know.

You misspelled Piraro.

nemi is rarely preachy. This is an outlier.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Indolent Bastard posted:

Can't someone just eat the stupid Hockley kid and it would be fine by this world's definition of law? Why is this even an issue?

Because people thought it was a herbivore who did it, and they are not allowed to be violent towards either their killers or each other. If they cannot flee for their lives they must simply accept that they are going to be violently murdered, as otherwise they will go to jail for killing a fellow being.

Anyway this is stupid as hell because it still doesn't get the teacher off the hook for allowing a massive bullying problem to exist, and yet this twist is obviously supposed to absolve any and all "good" characters from blame. (Also, how the hell do they know it's the kid's account? This is so stupid.)

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Roland Jones posted:

Because people thought it was a herbivore who did it, and they are not allowed to be violent towards either their killers or each other. If they cannot flee for their lives they must simply accept that they are going to be violently murdered, as otherwise they will go to jail for killing a fellow being.

Anyway this is stupid as hell because it still doesn't get the teacher off the hook for allowing a massive bullying problem to exist, and yet this twist is obviously supposed to absolve any and all "good" characters from blame. (Also, how the hell do they know it's the kid's account? This is so stupid.)

Coney googled it! Duh!

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
I gave up on reading Kevin and Kell early on, but also have to skip half the thread for people obsessing over how apeshit it is. I have so much free time now.

Bleeker is going old-school.

Pickles: Earl asks his daughter if his mustache is sexy.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Apartment 3-G

I'm not a PR expert, but isn't it the publicist's job to know how to be a publicist?

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

:allears:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Apparently Marciuliano wrote in the script that the device Alice holds up in the second panel is to be unrecognizable as anything specific and the artist could do whatever he wanted, so Keefe based it on the flux capacitor from BTTF.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Yes, yes. Give into the meddle.

Rex Morgan MD

Well, well, well. Looks like someone's gonna be crawling back to ol' Niki.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

That's a fine job you're doing colorist.

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Everyone in this strip is so ashamed of the writing that they can't even face the readers anymore.

Pibgorn

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

BigDave posted:

:stare: Holy poo poo, they're doing it. The Phantom, baddest of the bad-asses, didn't die in a blaze of glory or after a epic battle.

He died in the jungle after getting bit by a poisonous snake.

If that isn't the perfection of anti-climatic, I don't know what is.
There is absolutely no way that is actually happening, unfortunately.

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

I'm not a PR expert, but isn't it the publicist's job to know how to be a publicist?
No, that's Margo's assistant's job. Margo's job is to pretend to be in charge for five minutes until she gets bored. Then she'll either go back to one of her other businesses and pretend to be in charge there for a while, or start a new one.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

"It's my duty as a cartoonist to write a storyline about the problem of teenage bullying," says Bill Holbrook, and writes a story in which the victim's been faking it all along for the attention and rivalry.

SOMEBODY'S HELPING!

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Holy poo poo

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Manuel Calavera posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm

Does anyone remember Toonsylvania? Mike Peters created a segment on that show called "Night of the Living Fred", about a family of zombies. Here's an episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3cYmsoAGa8

I dunno. Seeing Peters' zombies made me remember it :shrug:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I loving hate Dilbert so much. It's not funny anymore, it's just mean-spiritedly making GBS threads on everything and anything its butt can get in range of.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I called it a week or two ago - this strip will be renamed to "Bernice" any time now. Who the gently caress is Luann?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (August 20, 1927)

Peanuts: Yes, it's that time again. (October 25, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way: And speaking of gunplay... (December 4-5, 1925)

The tilde landed on the right letter today, so he must mean business.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

"I'm only going to express these concerns to you after you have spent hours working on what is actually a pretty impressive and creative costume because i am incapable of just being encouraging of my son and the way he chooses to have fun"

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

sweetguts posted:

"I'm only going to express these concerns to you after you have spent hours working on what is actually a pretty impressive and creative costume because i am incapable of just being encouraging of my son and the way he chooses to have fun"

Seriously. I know people like this, and can't stand them. They could be viewing the most beautiful, perfect in all respects "thing", yet they focus on finding something, which could be (and usually is) incredibly minutely, "flawed" about it, and then inflating that to stupidly huge proportions. It's like their hobby or something. They can't loving breathe if they're not worrying constantly about something, too. I had a project manager like that. He'd completely disregard the 99.999% perfectness of the project and focus in on the 0.001% like it was going to end the loving world.

I also worked for a Controller who spent >$25K in resources to find a $1.20 error in end of year figures. It was never found. The CEO fired him when he found out. Whatever.

Non Sequitur

That's not too bad, Wiley.

Dana caught up to the calendar, so here're two Heavenly Nostrils

9 Chickweed Lane 10/25/2003

Nothing to see here. Brooke's using his self-insert to achieve orgasm again.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Christ. Whatever, Holbrook. I'm just happy it's over.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
But he punched the lovely rabbit rear end in a top hat, he didn't loving gore him.

And this does nothing to address how bad the teacher is! "Hurf durf I may be blind but I'm not blind enough to miss the bullying and that's why I did nothing to stop it"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Seriously. I know people like this, and can't stand them. They could be viewing the most beautiful, perfect in all respects "thing", yet they focus on finding something, which could be (and usually is) incredibly minutely, "flawed" about it, and then inflating that to stupidly huge proportions. It's like their hobby or something. They can't loving breathe if they're not worrying constantly about something, too. I had a project manager like that. He'd completely disregard the 99.999% perfectness of the project and focus in on the 0.001% like it was going to end the loving world.

I also worked for a Controller who spent >$25K in resources to find a $1.20 error in end of year figures. It was never found. The CEO fired him when he found out. Whatever.

Jesus Christ. I am not trying to turn this into Business Chat Thread, but this is why I love Chief Dharma so much: it nails all the little details in painting a picture of what a kind, benevolent, but ultimately human superior would be like. The ability to mine comedy out of someone being a decent individual is pretty rare, but the desire to do so is universal.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Helicity posted:

I called it a week or two ago - this strip will be renamed to "Bernice" any time now.

Just like those other strips, Dagwood, and Les Moore.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"If I had yours, I'd outsource it to an engineer in Bangalore who would do better work for a quarter of the money."

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Phantom! OH NOOOO!

:smith::hf::smith:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

Classic Prince Valiant

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

EasyEW posted:

This comic was a groundbreaker, according to Toonopedia.

quote:

...on December 4, 1925, he became the first cartoonist to show dead bodies right on the page

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set just needs to borrow that for a while.

Working Daze is someone's fetish again.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Catchup time:

Cul-de-sac x2

The Creeps x1

Poptropica x1

Heathcliff x2

and there we are, you're up to speed!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

sweetguts posted:

She's right, though. The kid's going to regret that costume like you wouldn't believe.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Theron, Trolling Grandmaster

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Phantom! OH NOOOO!

:smith::hf::smith:

Is this happening? Is this actually actually happening?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nah, he'll be fine when lampshade hat arrives to inject him with some late-stage broad-spectrum anti-snake jungle magic.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

goatface posted:

Nah, he'll be fine when lampshade hat arrives to inject him with some late-stage broad-spectrum anti-snake jungle magic.

If he does die, I find it ironic that he was bitten while tampering with evidence. That was pretty "ends justify the means" of him.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Wanamingo posted:

She's right, though. The kid's going to regret that costume like you wouldn't believe.

And it'll have something to do with Deanna.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

fyr i used the 'report' function to request a title change for the thread to the Mandrake one. if it doesn't change by monday i'll contact a mod directly - anyone know contact details for the bss mods?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

EasyEW posted:

Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo. :stare:

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Haha, oh Theon. This comic is absolutely batshit.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

fyr i used the 'report' function to request a title change for the thread to the Mandrake one. if it doesn't change by monday i'll contact a mod directly - anyone know contact details for the bss mods?
You can just PM them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's a real tonal shift from Boyz'n'Dorgs. A revenge killing in Prince Valiant wouldn't make us blink, but Val "joyfully" murders people all the time.

• Locked thread