Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
There was a girl who did an awesome Serenity music video to the Foo Fighter's DOA, but it seems to have been taken off YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
All of my friends are gaga for Firefly and Serenity, but I just can't get into it.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I pretty much hated Firefly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's all poo poo. Firefly fans are the worst.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Wow, Firefly was a long time ago.
About back when arguing and scoring 'internet' points in the AMD v intel debate was valid. HCC probably didn't get the memo, too busy with puberty or some poo poo.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
In retrospect, my friends probably recommended it because they're huge Nathan Fillion fangirls. He looks like a dad or a high school science teacher. I don't get the appeal.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
It had some decently witty dialogue and the idea of a space western was novel. It's been hosed into fanboyism but I like it anyways.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 220 days!)

Get busy (and otherwise) and stop posting for a few days and the shitposting continues. Imagine that. :allears:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
You mean that ironically right?
I got busy, didn't post for about a year, come back and find you the biggest arsehole in AI.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Impromptu trip to ikea.

I hope my relationship can survive this. :allears:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
They'll love you for it, you'll just hate yourself.

I'm having instant noodles for dinner, indo-mie mi goreng, I hate myself already so I'm cool with that. Go ikea shopping I say!

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 25, 2014

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

The coolant in my car is this rust colored thick stuff.

I rubbed my finger in there and got a pasty residue with a strong metallic smell. Gonna flush that poo poo out and put some new in there loving ASAP. :stonk:
The old owner probably didn't have any of the scheduled maintenance done so I should start from the top and do every item listed on there.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

Impromptu trip to ikea.

I hope my relationship can survive this. :allears:

I'm afraid to move in with a partner because I'm pretty stubborn about interior design. Just let me make all of the decorating decisions and no one gets hurt.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Well, I know I'm working on the XJ when I bust out the sledgehammer.

drat rear wheels aren't breaking bond with the drums. Time for a love tap or two.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Liquid Communism posted:

Well, I know I'm working on the XJ when I bust out the sledgehammer.

drat rear wheels aren't breaking bond with the drums. Time for a love tap or two.

Just rust, or is there a groove in the drum?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

Well, to be fair, VWs aren't fantastic, even without the chronic unreliability that seems to plague the US market stuff. I don't really understand what people see in them.

Once again: I don't give a poo poo. You don't like them. Good for you.

I do. I'm not making you like them. What buisness of yours is it what I like and what I don't like.

I like AMD despite their inherent weaknesses. I don't care what HotCanadianChick thinks about them, but if I was being loving smug about what he liked and what he didn't and how that reflected upon him as a person, you can be DAMNED sure I'd expect to be called out on it

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Fucknag posted:

I think he meant the alloys have corroded themselves in place, not that he can't get the drums off.

That comes next.

CommieGIR posted:

I do. I'm not making you like them. What buisness of yours is it what I like and what I don't like.
If that's how you react to what I said, no wonder people like to push your buttons.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 25, 2014

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

If that's how you react to what I said, no wonder people like to push your buttons.

Its nothing against you, and you are not pushing my buttons.

You also didn't basically call me blind and a masochist for my personal preferences

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 25, 2014

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CommieGIR posted:

Its nothing against you, and you are not pushing my buttons.
It's cool, I'd prefer it if we're still friends because my mate's A3 is loving broken again, for about the fourth time this year, and I may need VAG-specific advice if he can't fix it himself.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

It's cool, I'd prefer it if we're still friends because my mate's A3 is loving broken again, for about the fourth time this year, and I may need VAG-specific advice if he can't fix it himself.

Its a new Audi/VW. Its not the same :colbert: Audi after 91 is dead to me.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 25, 2014

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Fucknag posted:

Surface rust binding the steel wheel to the drum face. I live in the land of salt and woe. Came off with a couple good raps from the 8lb sledge.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Tusen Takk posted:

buttcoins and open sores

Hehehehe

CommieGIR posted:

my liking VW into my 'blind ignorance'

I still like VW

Not to defend Commie, and it's totally ok that you like VAG, but you need to understand that many of us have suffered at the hands of their products and have a 'never again' attitude regarding them, PTVWOD (Post Traumatic VW Ownership Disorder) if you will.

Also, a portion of VW enthusiasts are responsible for what is arguably the worst car forum on the Internet.

Viggen posted:

Get busy (and otherwise) and stop posting for a few days and the shitposting continues. Imagine that. :allears:

Yes, but the overall volume is much higher when you're here and actively not talking about worthwhile stuff like that Sonnet that is a steal. :colbert: Also something about rock throwing and glasses houses seems appropriate?

Adiabatic posted:

It had some decently witty dialogue and the idea of a space western was novel. It's been hosed into fanboyism but I like it anyways.

Agreed. It's fun. But I also thought the Green Lantern movie was fun (albeit it with horribly low expectations) :shrug:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

goatse guy posted:

In retrospect, my friends probably recommended it because they're huge Nathan Fillion fangirls. He looks like a dad or a high school science teacher. I don't get the appeal.

He is ruggedly handsome.

And for everyone else in this thread you all need to look at that cartoon meme thing of the guy yelling 'I don't like thing' and the angel hand delivering the note that says 'okay'.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Mat_Drinks posted:

Agreed. It's fun. But I also thought the Green Lantern movie was fun (albeit it with horribly low expectations) :shrug:

You monster.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

goatse guy posted:

I'm afraid to move in with a partner because I'm pretty stubborn about interior design. Just let me make all of the decorating decisions and no one gets hurt.

Quite honestly, I think my girlfriend brought the wrong person for this trip. I don't live with her nor do I really care about how things look.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

Quite honestly, I think my girlfriend brought the wrong person for this trip. I don't live with her nor do I really care about how things look.

She might want you to help her put poo poo together. Some of the stuff goes together way easier with a second set of hands.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

InitialDave posted:

You should try French government agencies. Which are involved with aerospace. Jesus loving Christ.

Dad and I are currently dealing with the USDA and state health department at work re: our town's water system falling the gently caress apart and that alone is a nightmare, i'm not sure I even want to imagine what you have to deal with.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mat_Drinks posted:

Also, a portion of VW enthusiasts are responsible for what is arguably the worst car forum on the Internet.

Don't worry, I loathe them too...

:smithicide:

I will mention this: most of the 'decent' VW fans seem to be TDI owners, the 'bad' ones seem to mostly stick to the Petrol VW

E:

I put down an offer on a house:

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 25, 2014

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
My friend told me that the getaway car for the wedding would be her late grandfather's 66 Mustang. She did not inform me that it was a legit Shelby GT350H. :stare:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

CommieGIR posted:

I put down an offer on a house:

Right on, and with a garage too! Congrats! I hope you're getting to capitalize on those 3.9-4% interest rates so you pay less money to the man :)

Good lookin' house too.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mat_Drinks posted:

Right on, and with a garage too! Congrats! I hope you're getting to capitalize on those 3.9-4% interest rates so you pay less money to the man :)

Good lookin' house too.

The previous owner must've worked on Volvos:

There is a full set of Volvo rims with tires and a lot of lighting in the garage.
Its got 3 upstairs rooms and 3 rooms in the basement, plenty of space and space to spare for an indoors machine shop and for my two server racks.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
awwww yeeeee splitlevel.

Those not in my snapchatfest missed out on a bunch of box packing and piling up a bunch of nerd toys to sell on ebay. had em for years, but that poo poo needs to go so I can build newer bigger models

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

It's all poo poo. Firefly fans are the worst.

That's just one thing in a long line of nerd things that the fans are the worst.

Firefly is perfectly decent harmless TV and even has some good points (like Christina Hendricks boobs). The fanbois and fangirls are just terrible but come on, pretty much anything that appeals to a nerdier person has a pretty loving bad fanbase. Anime especially altho I'm pretty sure that fanbase isnt nerds, it's seriously creepy mofos.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cat Terrist posted:

Anime especially altho I'm pretty sure that fanbase isnt nerds, it's seriously creepy mofos.
The ones who act how you're thinking, and who watch what you think anime is, yeah, they're often kind of weird.

Generally, if people think of it as a genre rather than a medium, you're going to see some poo poo.

They are, to people like me, what ricers are to people like me.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Mat_Drinks posted:

Not to defend Commie, and it's totally ok that you like VAG, but you need to understand that many of us have suffered at the hands of their products and have a 'never again' attitude regarding them, PTVWOD (Post Traumatic VW Ownership Disorder) if you will.

Absolutely true, I shudder at the thought of another p01550 TDI trouble code.. AKA the most non-vague code ever devised by any company that could be any combination of 15 components under the hood that causes limp mode for no apparent reason other than terrible VW electrical engineering.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

How are you going to push your cars up that hill?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
A winch mounted to the floor would do quite nicely

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

How are you going to push your cars up that hill?

Its perfectly flat. Trick of the camera.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

So..many..Playmates Star Trek ships..my teenaged self is so drat jealous..my employed self wonders if they're for sale..my married self knows poo poo would go do down..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
My date for tonight showed up in a 1989 560SEL with 29k miles on it.

• Locked thread