Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

You can hear Pigma_Micron talking LA Galaxy here: http://slashmls.com/slashmls-s-2-e-35/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So this is a pretty good story.

Two weeks ago MLS referee JC Rivero was arrested for unemployment fraud. Since that arrest, he has had a whistle and a fourth official assignment.

Earlier today in the referee forum I frequent someone apparently noticed this arrest and posted about it. Caused a little bit of discussion.

Hours later, the NYT has gotten wind of it and PRO pretends they knew about it the whole time and suspended Rivero.

On the one hand, I understand that as basically part time employees who don't show up to a central building every day to do an 8-to-5 that it's not totally crazy that PRO didn't know about the arrest. On the other hand, lol some random dude on the internet brought him down.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Emron posted:

The Columbus Crew SC is going to win the 2014 MLS Cup.

CCSC plays at CCSCS, security provided by CSC.

I wish I could make that up.

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER

chaoslord posted:

On the one hand, I understand that as basically part time employees who don't show up to a central building every day to do an 8-to-5 that it's not totally crazy that PRO didn't know about the arrest. On the other hand, lol some random dude on the internet brought him down.

PRO was probably waiting on "innocent until proven guilty" (until this arrest came to light) but it's possible that he didn't even tell PRO.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bio-Hazard posted:

PRO was probably waiting on "innocent until proven guilty" (until this arrest came to light) but it's possible that he didn't even tell PRO.
Maybe the fourth official gave Rivero some extra time to disclose his activities.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Captain Trips posted:

CCSC plays at CCSCS, security provided by CSC.

I wish I could make that up.

And the CSC wear yellow and black as well.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Jermain "My Mom Says I'm Cool" Defoe

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Get this bitchmade baby back to London

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

i can't believe drake ate defoe's mom's fudgebox and we still didn't even make the playoffs goddamn

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
Chivas have made it to more playoff games than Toronto. Prob with less money problems and helicopter parent issues, too.

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Fucitol posted:

Chivas have made it to more playoff games than Toronto. Prob with less money problems and helicopter parent issues, too.

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Money has never been an issue they just spend it like idiots

Go to Sigi or Arena and offer them triple whatever they're making now, problem solved

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Money has never been an issue they just spend it like idiots

Go to Sigi or Arena and offer them triple whatever they're making now, problem solved

Sigi maybe, but Il Bruce is only leaving LA feet first. There's no way he moves to a cold climate after being here this long.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Sigi maybe, but Il Bruce is only leaving LA feet first. There's no way he moves to a cold climate after being here this long.

Mrs. Lieweke....

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

:siren: HOOOOOOOOOLY SHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIITT! :siren:
It's finally here! The SA GOON LEAGUE FINAL!

Who will win the showdown for the coveted Steve Sampson Cup?!

Round 33 - Deadline:Oct 22 9:30PM EDT

In an upset that was bound to happen, I have been beaten. I failed to start Ethan Finlay and the motherfucker scores and has 2 assists for 14pts. And also the Galaxy gave up the shutout to the Sounders. Here are your scores:

code:
Stay Free Last Place	43 - 63		Higuain Chipshots
Apathy FC		51 - 53		the Malachi brunch
And your matchup for the STEVE SAMPSON CUP!:

code:
Higuain Chipshots	v.	the Malachi brunch

Are you creating a league for the playoffs?

http://bracket.mlssoccer.com/

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

SeaTard posted:

Are you creating a league for the playoffs?

http://bracket.mlssoccer.com/

Well gently caress. I guess I am.

League: SA Goon League PLAYOFFS?!
pword: stairs

I really have no idea how this works though.

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

I can't make my picks already of anyone but LA or Cascadia. Heading down to LA tomorrow to see the much hyped Quakes Chivas match

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Cool and good people supporting a good and cool team

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

They're no Boyz 2 Men

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Today's DC United game is being broadcast only in French. No CSN-Washington broadcast, and dcunited.com is just streaming the Canadian coverage. What a bush league TV contract we have.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

I made it late to the Sounders match, so I nabbed the first ADA seat I could find - right in front of the LA Galaxy supporters.

No matter what happens, my section of the stadium will be partying like gently caress at the end of this match.

BB, if you're here, I'm the gimp in the hot pink Docs.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

NattyBo posted:

Cool and good people supporting a good and cool team

That loving stadium.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Qu Appelle posted:

I made it late to the Sounders match, so I nabbed the first ADA seat I could find - right in front of the LA Galaxy supporters.

No matter what happens, my section of the stadium will be partying like gently caress at the end of this match.

BB, if you're here, I'm the gimp in the hot pink Docs.

Where are the LA supporters? I literally can not see any in the crowd.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

joshtothemaxx posted:

Today's DC United game is being broadcast only in French. No CSN-Washington broadcast, and dcunited.com is just streaming the Canadian coverage. What a bush league TV contract we have.

Note that it is on MLS Live, no blackout. Though it is still in French because Montreal, which, yes, weird.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I'm going to the Revs game tonight. Thank god I'm not the designated driver.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

I think I can safely assume that most fans of MLS are currently fire, earthquakes, or meteorite impact fans for this particular game.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

N: Sounders

V: :smug:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

whypick1 posted:

N: Sounders

V: :smug:
gently caress yeah. Feels good to finally get that Supporters Shield. :getin:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

In other Sounders news, looks like Martins is getting paid.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Soccer is cool and good today

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Benne posted:

Soccer is cool and good today

city lost, barca lost, la lost

agreed

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

After poring over the data, I have concluded a shocking bit of info from this histrionic historic match.

If you note in this screen capture, you can precisely determine at what moment LA failed to equalize:

Wait, wrong clip. This was the one I'm looking for.

I believe the connection is that the San Jose Clash Earthquakes have been playing the long con and are trying to humiliate LA fans at every level of their tifo-unfurling support.

Good show, Eric Wynalda. I knew you still had it in you.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
That world cup gif makes me sick. I just keep imagining what if it was Landon right there. He would put that in the back of the net, tear off his shirt, only to reveal a shirt under that just says 'gently caress you Klinsmann'.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

insider posted:

That world cup gif makes me sick. I just keep imagining what if it was Landon right there. He would put that in the back of the net, tear off his shirt, only to reveal a shirt under that just says 'gently caress you Klinsmann'.

If he was there, he would be on the team, and I don't think he'd be upset at Klinsmann

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

SeaTard posted:

Where are the LA supporters? I literally can not see any in the crowd.

I saw what looked to be a decent number of LA fans in the northern most 200 level section on the east sideline. Didn't see any drums or signs, but I think that's where they normally put supporters unless there are enough to put them in the 300s.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Got back from the game, that was glorious, especially the final goal by Pappa. So glad I made it up from Portland to Seattle win the S.S after seeing them crash and burn last year.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

tk posted:

I saw what looked to be a decent number of LA fans in the northern most 200 level section on the east sideline. Didn't see any drums or signs, but I think that's where they normally put supporters unless there are enough to put them in the 300s.

They were in the 200s, a solid chunk of them, and I even heard them cheer once!

This Supporter's Shield, why does it have a Star Trek communicator on it?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Sorry Qu, I was at home putting a door in the back of my garage. I saw the line-up and when Keane didn't even travel, I just put the game on the garage tv and used it as background noise. There was no way we were winning without Keane there and I have a feeling Bruce didn't give enough of a poo poo about the Shield and wanted Robbie ready for the play-offs. But gently caress man, Leonardo didn't play bad. It was strange.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Was Taters posted:

This Supporter's Shield, why does it have a Star Trek communicator on it?

That's the original trophy.

So weird being at a Revs game where the team's on a hot streak, the weather's nice, there's a big crowd, and the playoff positions are set such that there's nothing at stake in the match. A good night.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I thought the Supporter's Shield was designed by one of the TA merch crew guys a couple of years ago when the ISC was founded?

Congrats to Higuain Chipshots for winning our shitball league. I don't foresee myself overcoming a 5 point deficit when my best chances for points tomorrow are on his roster too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
RIP timbers you were poo poo and then you got a little less poo poo but still mostly poo poo.

• Locked thread