Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

8th-snype posted:

I can't even...

I need the highres version so I can Photoshop a dick in his hand instead of the camera.

asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Spedman posted:

This landed in my email inbox, getting promoted by 500px as looking at the work of pro-photographers:
https://500px.com/adrian_sommeling

I have no idea how to even do that to a photo, its like a modern day lovely version of Normal Rockwell.

olympus supremacy

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
I like how every image title has a smile or winky face so you know he doesn't take himself too seriously ;)

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
"f/22 and be there"

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

HPL posted:

"f/22 and be there create the moment later"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Despair posted:

olympus supremacy

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I do miss the terrible photographers thread :smith:

Please Soundmonkey, can we?!?

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Spedman posted:

I do miss the terrible photographers thread :smith:

Please Soundmonkey, can we?!?

http://www.uglyhedgehog.com

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Every thread is the terrible photographer thread.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

8th-snype posted:

Every thread is terrible.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

8th-snype posted:

Every photographer is terrible .

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
You guys shouldn't sign your empty quotes

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

8th-snype posted:

shouldn't post

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I agree with No Gravitas, most people shouldn't post.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
Hey you guys think if I tell Canon it's my birthday they'll let me keep this?

because seriously this thing rules

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I decided to replace the screen protector on my my LCD. After all, I still had 2 spare pieces from the twin pack I bought a while ago. It was a bit of struggle to find the edge of the old protector to peel it off - had to use a scalpel to get it started.

Now read that second sentence again. :smith:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

It'll buff out.

Edit: you have a screen protector for your camera's LCD? :raise:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
A scratched LCD is a sign of experience and expertise as a shooter. Scratches are badges of honour.

A scratched lens front element is similar. A scratched lens back element is either a sign of carelessness or that you get into some really odd situations.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

ExecuDork posted:

A scratched LCD is a sign of experience and expertise as a shooter. Scratches are badges of honour.

A scratched lens front element is similar. A scratched lens back element is either a sign of carelessness or that you get into some really odd situations.

My lcd screen is just smudged to hell 24/7. A badge of bad skin.

edit: keeps the leatherette on my ME Super in great condition though :thumbsup:

Hokkaido Anxiety fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 25, 2014

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
I was waiting outside a yogurt place in Norfolk tonight and I'm 99% sure AIZENSK8R and his wife walked by. We had a brief conversation about the dog I was sitting with (up visiting my sister, she's dogsitting for a friend, I was stuck with the dog outside while family got yogurt within).

Post your Dorkroom missed connection itt.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I was waiting outside a yogurt place in Norfolk tonight and I'm 99% sure AIZENSK8R and his wife walked by. We had a brief conversation about the dog I was sitting with (up visiting my sister, she's dogsitting for a friend, I was stuck with the dog outside while family got yogurt within).

I nearly threw the shitcamera off a cliff.

Really regret not doing that.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Santa is strapped posted:

It'll buff out.

Edit: you have a screen protector for your camera's LCD? :raise:

The GF5 uses a touchscreen, so I knew it was going to get all kinds of crap on it.

ExecuDork posted:

While I agree with that, a peeled LCD is a sign of user stupidity.

I am now not exactly sure what is going on. I have a suspicion that the screen protector is actually there and is so thin and a perfect size match for the screen, that when I try to catch a corner to peel, I am getting the touchscreen caught. Not sure what to do.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

Pompous Rhombus posted:

That was a real encounter. I was walking back to my car and for whatever reason felt compelled to comment on the dog. I wish you had said something. It's funny that you remember what I look like. If you are still in town, say hello, and I'll buy you a drink.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Not as close as yours, but I missed hanging out with Sludge Tank by a couple of days. Revolucion and I had gone into the tunnels that Hobart Creek flows through in downtown Hobart, Tasmania about a week before I was on a plane heading back to Canada. Sludge Tank returned from an Antarctic adventure within a day or two of my departure.

Nobody will ever visit the flat barren flat empty flat cold flat winter wasteland (that's flat) of Saskatoon.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I'll come to Saskatoon if you pay me.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Dorkroom Missed connections: I'll come to Saskatoon if you pay me.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

Dorkroom Missed connections: I'll come to Saskatoon if you pay me.

thy will be done

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Usually I hear it as "I wouldn't go to Saskatoon if you paid me."

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
http://missymwac.tumblr.com/post/100920131855/how-to-sell-your-photography-workshop

daspope
Sep 20, 2006

Scientists hate this guy!

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

I, too, enjoy outright lying to my customers

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Please trigger warning anyone using the phrase "one click at a time"

Eugh.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Hey do you guys want to take my new workshop?

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Name it "one click at a time" and I'm there

e: or "Expose yourself"

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

8th-snype posted:

Hey do you guys want to take my new workshop?

Will it take my business to the next level?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Will it take my business to the next level?

Your level to a whole new business even! Sign up now! Only three chairs left! BYOC! (bring your own chair!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

try it with a lime posted:

I'll come to Saskatoon if you pay me.

I just explained this whole sequence of events - post your missed connection, Saskatoon, flat flat flat - to my GF and she had 2 responses:
1. We can host some Dorkroomers, but the pay will be in meals cooked from recipes in the Julia Child cookbook (butter! more butter! seriously, good stuff).
2. "I gotta get a membership"

EDIT: How many of the non-Canagoons even know where Saskatoon is? For that matter, how many of you Eastern Bastards (may you ever freeze in the dark) know where 'Stoon is?