Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Up-a-date numero two.

Just indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
That was satisfying to watch, at least.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
SNOP

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Bell_ posted:

I love it. I'm sure there's going to be more passengers.
All of the fans who got heart attacks from this update.

EDIT: OH NOT AGAIN!!!

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
^^^^ :D
rip Aranea.
That was far less ambiguous than Jack vs Vriska.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
well that happened

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Never thought I would be rooting for the Condesce, but here I am.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"Lol" if you are not always rooting for Condy in her struggles against the teenaged coffin cloggers.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Well, that was certainly fun to watch.

Goodbye Areana, you will not be missed.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Certainly do not "RIP", you crazy wannabe mastermind.

Hussie should have had Dirk arrive at the same time John did, and had them both state John's line, IMO

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
The watermark is always watching.

Always judging.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was weirdly visceral. Like, people have gotten stabbed and cut in half and poo poo but I don't think we've seen anything as brutal as the Empress just straight up snapping Aranea's neck like a fuckin laughssassin

Martini Mice-Cream
Feb 17, 2011
Finally a JUST death that's not ambiguous and actually makes sense since a person was acting on their own free will and not being controlled by another.

I guess since this means Aranea got her neck broken, lost the ring, and engulfed in a lake of fire, she's dead for real this time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So what's the official status on all of the Jack Noirs we know of

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Martini Mice-Cream posted:

Finally a JUST death that's not ambiguous and actually makes sense since a person was acting on their own free will and not being controlled by another.

I guess since this means Aranea got her neck broken, lost the ring, and engulfed in a lake of fire, she's dead for real this time.

im holding out for her popping back into the afterlife so meenah can make fun of her

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Action Shakespeare posted:

im holding out for her popping back into the afterlife so meenah can make fun of her

Meenah is going to smack her when she pops in. Count on it.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Action Shakespeare posted:

As she falls into the fires, you can see her eyes turn back into :ghost:GHOST EYES!!!!!!!!:ghost:

Edit: Forgot to make the point I was making. So, yeah, no. Her ghostself is dead, too. Well, more than she was by way of being a ghost.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Bec Noir (Beta Kids' Jack): With PM guarding Jade's corpse. Just killed Dave.
Jack Noir (Alpha Kids' Jack): Sent to the outer ring by Jade before she was mindjacked by Condy. Currently imbued with weird Caliborn/English powers, and probably under Lil Cal mind control even though it hasn't been specifically stated yet.
Slick Spades (Trolls' Jack): Has entered the Alpha session and is currently rocketing towards the action.
Jack Noir (Caliborn's Jack): Assisted Caliborn in defeating the Black Queen. Presumably was betrayed and killed by Caliborn afterwards, but nothing confirmed yet.

There's also the Jack from the Beforus Trolls' session, but presumably he was killed or blipped out of existence by the scratch.

AceO
Sep 23, 2010

Pierce, I can see you're really upset about this. I think you ought to sit down, take a stress pill, and think things over.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

A2 jack (spades slick) killed the universe he was in, got saved and cyborg-part'd by hussie, escaped from hussie's mansion's reality through the fifth wall, into doc scratch's destroyed mansion in the green sun, and then through scratch's clock and out into the furthest ring with the remaining members of the felt, ms. paint and ?aurthor, and now he's flying to the within-sight B2 skaia

B1 jack (bec noir) was being chased by PM through the furthest ring and arrived a couple minutes ago, but then they both went doggy crazy with bec-inherited jade-love after she got killed and they just killed dave in the last flash.

B2 jack got jailed in prospit before getting getting english'd by lil cal and cutting out his eyes and screaming at jane and jake, but then jade sent him to the furthest ring and he's flying back too.

caliborn's session's jack wears a white robe and killed calliope's dream self and has never had any implied importance but who knows.

AceO fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 26, 2014

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

paranoid randroid posted:

"Lol" if you are not always rooting for Condy in her struggles against the teenaged coffin cloggers.

word, I unironically love space fishwoman seahitler :swoon:

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
What was Aranea's motivation again? Something like, she wanted to gently caress up the timeline so bad that it would become a beta timeline dead end and everything would just sort of stop?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bobulus posted:

I honestly thought you were. Doesn't he have a username really close to yours? I'm really confused now.

He does not post here, and hopefully does not read here.

thanks alot assbag posted:

What was Aranea's motivation again? Something like, she wanted to gently caress up the timeline so bad that it would become a beta timeline dead end and everything would just sort of stop?

Aranea had the power as the whatever of whatever she is to turn a doomed timeline into the Alpha timeline. She wanted to create a timeline where Lord English did not have the ability to come into being (by definition a doomed timeline) - specifically by not creating a new universe - and then force it to turn into an Alpha timeline.

This would've required a lot of people to die and bad stuff to happen but she saw it as a net good to stop English's existence.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Aranea had the power as the whatever of whatever she is to turn a doomed timeline into the Alpha timeline. She wanted to create a timeline where Lord English did not have the ability to come into being (by definition a doomed timeline) - specifically by not creating a new universe - and then force it to turn into an Alpha timeline.

This would've required a lot of people to die and bad stuff to happen but she saw it as a net good to stop English's existence.

And since she was a Serket, without half the class of Vriska, this was all ultimately just one giant ego-trip for her anyway and she was happy to throw any good intentions to the wind once the spotlight started drifting away from her big boring face.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

And since she was a Serket, without half the class of Vriska, this was all ultimately just one giant ego-trip for her anyway and she was happy to throw any good intentions to the wind once the spotlight started drifting away from her big boring face.

Yeah she's awful. It's hard to be worse than Vriska, but drat if she didn't manage it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah she's awesome. It's hard to be better than Vriska, but drat if she didn't nearly manage it.

ftfy

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
As an avid reader, allow me to explain Vriska's character in Homestuck through the following detailed analysis: *faaaart*

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

As an avid reader, allow me to explain Vriska's character in Homestuck through the following detailed analysis: *faaaart*

ftfy

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Regy Rusty posted:

Aranea had the power as the whatever of whatever she is to turn a doomed timeline into the Alpha timeline.

Sylph of Light. So she had the power to heal fate.

Theoretically.

Based on her assumptions and no actual evidence at all.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

As an avid reader, allow me to explain Vriska's character in Homestuck through the following detailed analysis: *faaaaat*

ftfy

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Regy Rusty posted:

You can't beat a Serket in a bad plan off, they're simply the best there is.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really don't remember anything that happened a year ago and I have no desire to go back and find out.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I really don't remember anything that happened a year ago and I have no desire to go back and find out.

Considering everything just got exponentially more hosed, it probably doesn't matter too much.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There's still glitch artifacts around, too.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Aranea was the hero we needed, but not the one we wanted.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Something to think about: We've seen a John zap in from a time when he's actually learned to control his displacement, and Dave and Jade were both present, and that John didn't seem to freak out about his friends being still alive or try to interact with them at all. Since this is definitely a John from later on if he knows how to control this, if they stay permadead it'd be pretty uncharacteristic of him! So I'm guessing they're all gonna wind up okay.

:shrug: I'd be pretty entertained by seeing a "John unfucks everything" flash animation though, to be honest.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

nerdbot posted:

Something to think about : We've seen a John zap in from a time when he's actually learned to control his displacement, and Dave and Jade were both present, and that John didn't seem to freak out about his friends being still alive or try to interact with them at all. Since this is definitely a John from later on if he knows how to control this, if they stay permadead it'd be pretty uncharacteristic of him! So I'm guessing they're all gonna wind up okay.

:shrug: I'd be pretty entertained by seeing a "John unfucks everything" flash animation though, to be honest.

Dirk must help him do it though. He's pretty good with those sorts of sequences

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Also, since the last troll alive is also the best troll (Terezi) I hope she gets to do some cool poo poo.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

nerdbot posted:

Also, since the last troll alive is also the best troll (Terezi) I hope she gets to do some cool poo poo.

Solux and Aradia are also alive.

And have no intention of dying!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Triskelli posted:

Just managed to catch up with the thread, HOLY gently caress. This is everything I've been missing and more.

That said, I think the past two updates kinda drive home how empathetic Caliborn is. Not sympathtic, gently caress no, and he gives zero fucks about anyone else but man does he have a lovely life when you get down to it. It's a miracle that he's a functional being in the first place, and even more amazing that his sister was well-adjusted.

But I mean think about it, from birth this little rear end in a top hat has been locked in progressively larger boxes, from his shared room to his Sburb session to wherever the gently caress he is now to the finite universes he infects. And in all that time he has loving no one to talk to, or at least anyone on "his side". He's biologically predisposed to hate the gently caress out of his sister, and I personally think he shouldn't have known she existed for his brain to be "right". Then once he kills her she's replaced by a mute unkillable clown and some rear end in a top hat on the other side of a screen who keeps (rightfully) calling Caliborn a little shithead. Then he has his Sburb quest which is designed to be hard as balls and Caliborn picks up a crew of dumbass green torsos. Now he's done and stuck inside a giant Lil' Cal head (brrr) and some blue rear end in a top hat pops up, calls the only constructive thing Caliborn has ever managed lovely anime and then beats the ever loving poo poo out of the green skeleton kid. And until I'm proven wrong I think this might be the first time anyone has laid hand on the fuckheaded little shitstain.

...how the gently caress was Caliborn NOT supposed to become Lord English? The universe doesn't seem to have given him much of a chance to change. The only real confidant that he has that we know of is Crowbar, and I don't trust a mafia don in a jester outfit to be giving reliable life advice.

Yeah, Caliborn is a prisoner of causality. It's a prison partly (mostly) of his own design, but he's a prisoner none the less and it's a pitiful existence when you think about it.

But remember: John was never supposed to be there. John's nerdy beatdown is not part of the sequence of events Caliborn was meant to go through on his way to becoming Lord English. I'm not sure if what just happened is going to cause him double down on becoming Lord English, or rethink his life and try to do something different.

Burkion posted:

Solux and Aradia are also alive.

And have no intention of dying!

Well, Aradia doesn't. I don't think Sollux gives a gently caress one way or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
I gotta give John some props. Pushing the villains assault rifle into the air so he sprays the roof and then delivering impractical fist justice is a sweet classic action hero move.

Edit because I don't really think this deserves spoilers, all you fuckers are following this thing religiously already anyway.