Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.
Chasing down fully manned harassers while swapping seats back and for to my halberd is best in life.

Until some AP Vanguard comes tearing around the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

lol @ cantflimflammthezimzam or whatever this idiot is called

[TELL] cantflimflamthezimmzam 10/10 way to be auraxed shotgun BR100 baby

Sounds like you got owned pretty hard to me :smugdog:

Reuben Sandwich
Jan 27, 2007

Nakar posted:

Cobalt is the only server that stands the remotest chance. Connery is almost completely out of this I believe and Miller has choked at every opportunity against every server. From a challenge standpoint we kinda have to hope it's them, although winning by default because Miller somehow edges them in points would be hilarious.

Still I wouldn't expect Cobalt to be easy, they're capable of actually learning and they were starting to adapt late in their first Smash with Emerald. On the other hand, weren't they NC for that while we were VS?
I'd have to see the battle tomorrow but my thoughts would be picking Amerish over the faction. Cobalt is all about the air redeploy of PS2 which fits Hossin more than Amerish. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cobalt 70% Miller simply because of the air redeploys on bases that are hard to defend.

Looking back, if AC/AOD don't take Ymir, the whole battle with Cobalt looks very different. But it has so far been the only battle where Fara hasn't specifically called out sloppy gameplay, which shows the quality of players.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This is Connery's 3rd match in a row where they didn't reach full strength (277 in this case) until 30 minutes after match start.

This is Emerald's 3rd match in a row where they were at full strength (287 in this case) in under 15 minutes from match start.

There is no more important block of time in the entire match than the first 30 minutes, ESPECIALLY the first 15.

MuffinMan posted:

Chasing down fully manned harassers while swapping seats back and for to my halberd is best in life.

Until some AP Vanguard comes tearing around the corner.

Speaking as an AP Vanguard, this is actually the best thing

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth
Are there VoDs of the ConnerySmash yet? I want to see the destruction over a good cup of tea :allears:

vvvv Thanks!

e: Poonanners is loving amazing. I've never heard a nerd so positively hyped about 500 videogamenerds smashing into each other.

VenusInFurries fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 26, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

VenusInFurries posted:

Are there VoDs of the ConnerySmash yet? I want to see the destruction over a good cup of tea :allears:

http://www.twitch.tv/planetsidebattles/profile/past_broadcasts

It's split into two because Fara crashed, this is the official one

http://www.twitch.tv/cptmurphey/b/581789304

From Murphey's POV in the GOON squad (operating in the south under Ender, with DA/BRIT), featuring 1000% more screaming golden sunderers than the official stream

And Snuggles didn't save his because he is a butt

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
So I'm trying to play this from Euroland.

The ping on Emerald is... not great. I assume I just have wallow in my inherent inferiority as a Euro on US servers?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

The ping on Emerald is... not great. I assume I just have wallow in my inherent inferiority as a Euro on US servers?

Ping is never great no matter where you are. It doesn't matter that much.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...

Epic High Five posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/planetsidebattles/profile/past_broadcasts

It's split into two because Fara crashed, this is the official one

http://www.twitch.tv/cptmurphey/b/581789304

From Murphey's POV in the GOON squad (operating in the south under Ender, with DA/BRIT), featuring 1000% more screaming golden sunderers than the official stream

And Snuggles didn't save his because he is a butt

For mine use this instead http://www.twitch.tv/cptmurphey/c/5368479
Otherwise there's 40 minutes of me dicking around in the warpgate prior to start.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

VenusInFurries posted:

e: Poonanners is loving amazing. I've never heard a nerd so positively hyped about 500 videogamenerds smashing into each other.

Between PooNanners and Segfault314 there was 0% chance of us losing

Bad ping will give you a handful extra bullshit deaths per hour in a game where you die so much that death loses all meaning and illusions of fairness.

Playing without goons is a much crueler fate. We have a lot of Emeraldians playing from Euroland, a lot of them extremely high performing players. You'll be fine, JOIN US

Edit - Good news everyone!

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 26, 2014

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TR don't know poo poo. TR don't know shiiiiiiiiiit

I'm tempted to just record a bunch of footage of TR weapons being used by someone who isn't bad and cut it all into a montage set to the Kiss My rear end song, showing forum posts whining then footage of not being poo poo with a weapon.

But :effort: Also I know people will just be delirious about it. Maybe if I do do it I'll set the render quality low just to gently caress with people.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
Took a break, came back upset to see there's only the loving Valkyrie and a lovely pistol - but wait, there are new guns that are kill based on other guns and I'm apparently already stage 4 or some poo poo on all of them?

Are any of these worth getting/preferable to anything you can buy? I've been told the Vanu AR and LMG are fantastic and worth it. Is anything else? I'd like input on all factions. I'm like stage 3-4 on most of them and it's just a question of getting maybe 50-60 more kills on a few guns I already own and have tricked out across all factions.

Sharks Dont Sleep fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Oct 26, 2014

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Leal posted:

TR don't know poo poo. TR don't know shiiiiiiiiiit

I'm tempted to just record a bunch of footage of TR weapons being used by someone who isn't bad and cut it all into a montage set to the Kiss My rear end song, showing forum posts whining then footage of not being poo poo with a weapon.

But :effort: Also I know people will just be delirious about it. Maybe if I do do it I'll set the render quality low just to gently caress with people.

Realtalk, though, isn't the Merc like the best and most wonderful carbine in the game? It's like ballistic sex.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Cabbit posted:

Realtalk, though, isn't the Merc Lynx like the best and most wonderful carbine in the game? It's like ballistic sex.

It sure is.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Cabbit posted:

Realtalk, though, isn't the Merc like the best and most wonderful carbine in the game? It's like ballistic sex.

I'd say Pulsar C > Merc > Lynx.

Merc might be the chosen 600/173 tier gun but the Pulsar C has equal or better stats than it in every single category in exchange for 33 RPM. Lynx is also amazing but 167 > 125 due to headshot mechanics.

I'm only sad that I can't Aurax it a second time now that I've switch to LA almost full time.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Of all the tanks. An AP-Magrider with a Saron has the easiest time with Harassers.

One AP + a salvo will happily kill them while Magburn lets you lunge at them faster than they can really hope to react.

They're basically food, which makes all the harassers I was seeing lately a great joy.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Blinks77 posted:

Of all the tanks. An AP-Magrider with a Saron has the easiest time with Harassers.

One AP + a salvo will happily kill them while Magburn lets you lunge at them faster than they can really hope to react.

They're basically food, which makes all the harassers I was seeing lately a great joy.

Hungry hungry hippos, but with tanks

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Took a break, came back upset to see there's only the loving Valkyrie and a lovely pistol - but wait, there are new guns that are kill based on other guns and I'm apparently already stage 4 or some poo poo on all of them?

Are any of these worth getting/preferable to anything you can buy? I've been told the Vanu AR and LMG are fantastic and worth it. Is anything else? I'd like input on all factions. I'm like stage 3-4 on most of them and it's just a question of getting maybe 50-60 more kills on a few guns I already own and have tricked out across all factions.

TR Aurax guns are Nice
Vanu Aurax guns are Pretty Good (Battlegoose bumped up to "Sweet")
NC Aurax guns are Junk (Fortuna jumping the trend and sitting at "Boss")

I have the most experience with the NC weapons, and they're terrible except for the Fortuna which is a buttkicker.

E: Ok before people go :spergin: on me, they're usable, but easily outshined by other weapons. The Tempest is a Cyclone with more recoil, and the GODSAW is a default SAW with no attachments except HVA and Exmags. And ain't nobody want HVA on no SAW.

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 26, 2014

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Oct 26
Daily sale: Sandy Scrub Camo
Members sale: Liberator C150 Dalton

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Kinda, but at least for the time being it's not going to be worse than the ping on Euro servers, Cobalt in particular. I play an average of ~45 minutes a day, very much off-peak, and I still spend around half of that time at 250ms+. (Used to be <100 until about a month ago.)

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

"DPS" when talking about TR carbines is an instant trigger of "poster has no idea what they're talking about." Kind of like "GMO" and "chili."

Epic High Five posted:

That guy spent an entire 20+ minute fight at West Pass a few days ago whining about "crutch rear end NC running to their n00b Ravens"...

From the seat of his PPA harasser, that he never left for even a moment the entire fight. Getting blown up and immediately pulling it again and parking it in the same spot, with the same 2-3 MAXes all just waiting for him to appear to blow him up again.

He stopped talking poo poo to me after I killed him a whole bunch, now he just ignores me :(

My favorite Connery Moment(TM) recently was somebody complaining that Ravens are overpowered due to being able to efficiently kill their PPA Magrider. No mention of AI power, ease of use, anything just... "it kills me, nerf it."

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth
Since I bought the second Burster arm with SC, I've made it my sworn mission to kill as many airspergs as possible, whenever they're around. Seems to work fine:

Plus 23k EXP from assists and Air Deterrance badges. Haven't gotten any ragetells yet though.

e: Best moment was when an infiltrator snuck onto my hill, looked at me confused, then I killed him. With my Bursters. Longest TTK I've had in ps2 yet.

VenusInFurries fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Oct 26, 2014

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

VenusInFurries posted:

Best moment was when an infiltrator snuck onto my hill, looked at me confused, then I killed him. With my Bursters. Longest TTK I've had in ps2 yet.

I've done that, was running through a building to get to the roof to kill some air and ran into a Medic who saw that I was a MAX and turned to run away. I stopped and started shooting him in the back at which point he realized I only had Bursters and turned to shoot me. I won, but it was pretty funny.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Had a nice chat with a clueless TR that killed my loving burster max with his banshee before i could kill him, he apparently thought that you need to be point blank to kill things with the banshee and that the AH can't kill infantry beyond 10m. Linked him to that video of that AH killing infantry at 300m and he went all silent, i then explained how to make all your banshee shots be headshots by coming in from directly above.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Only the Fortuna (aurax Mercenary) is worth the grind, and it's actually an incredibly deadly and fun gun

The Gauss Prime is okay but not great, and the GODSAW is a pile of trash that is literally worse in every single way than a zero cert SAW

Not sure about TR

VenusInFurries posted:

Since I bought the second Burster arm with SC, I've made it my sworn mission to kill as many airspergs as possible, whenever they're around. Seems to work fine:

Plus 23k EXP from assists and Air Deterrance badges. Haven't gotten any ragetells yet though.

e: Best moment was when an infiltrator snuck onto my hill, looked at me confused, then I killed him. With my Bursters. Longest TTK I've had in ps2 yet.

I love my bursters w/ exmags. I'm at 2 years now of truly despising enemy air to the point of actively hampering myself and my platoon just to clean the skies.

Air is hardly even a concern anymore, Libs especially (Zephyr is still scary but none use it). Deep old wounds I guess...back when HE was how HE used to be I swore to never allow a skygod to live and welp

Arghy posted:

Had a nice chat with a clueless TR that killed my loving burster max with his banshee before i could kill him, he apparently thought that you need to be point blank to kill things with the banshee and that the AH can't kill infantry beyond 10m. Linked him to that video of that AH killing infantry at 300m and he went all silent, i then explained how to make all your banshee shots be headshots by coming in from directly above.

I'd like to see that video. I've done my own testing with the Airhammer and even on a stationary target, you're looking at an entire mag to kill a squishie as close as 110m

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Sounds like you got owned pretty hard to me :smugdog:

What no he sent the tell, not me.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The airhammer has much better range than anyone gives it credit for but any kill at 300m is just pure luck

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I'm wondering if the infil's recon motion darts are suffering from the same hit reg bug as vehicles do if you fire after reloading. Half of my shots do not "stick" when they hit a wall. The small glowing ball will not be there once the projectile stops moving. There is no motion sensing coming from it. It will not sense the bad guy moving next to it. Feels like this is also the same thing happening to the phoenix as well.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Not sure if it's a bug but I can't get motion darts from ammo packs anymore.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Broose posted:

I'm wondering if the infil's recon motion darts are suffering from the same hit reg bug as vehicles do if you fire after reloading. Half of my shots do not "stick" when they hit a wall. The small glowing ball will not be there once the projectile stops moving. There is no motion sensing coming from it. It will not sense the bad guy moving next to it. Feels like this is also the same thing happening to the phoenix as well.
Pretty much all weapons do, it's just a lot more noticeable on vehicles due to most vehicle weapons having only 1 shot chambered at a time.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I really like when my MAX gets so bugged out my Comets can only hold 12 shots

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

http://www.twitch.tv/planetsidebattles

Cobalt v Miller starts in a couple minutes! Join chat and let's root on Miller!

If they win big, Connery will face us in the Championship match

go3 posted:

I really like when my MAX gets so bugged out my Comets can only hold 12 shots

I used to use the ever decreasing ammo count as a sign of success, as it had a chance of popping with every reload. I think during my best Grinder run I was down to 38 rounds in one arm (down from 52)

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

I'd like to see that video. I've done my own testing with the Airhammer and even on a stationary target, you're looking at an entire mag to kill a squishie as close as 110m

Just did VR testing and while its not 300m i can regularly kill infantry with 7-8 shots at 265m, its still 3 full 9 round mags to kill a max at 300m. Considering render range is 265m on VR thats entirely comparable on live when the AH is as versatile against vehicles. Considering its a shotgun and you can come from above your looking at potentially all head shots against a large cluster coupled with its AE damage.

The original argument was that the banshee needs a loving nerf because it can kill large swathes of infantry in seconds then bug out before any sort of response can threaten you where the AH/PPA takes loiter time to do the same. A RoF/velocity nerf would be the best to prevent instant death and force the banshee to have loiter time.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Arghy posted:

Just did VR testing and while its not 300m i can regularly kill infantry with 7-8 shots at 265m, its still 3 full 9 round mags to kill a max at 300m. Considering render range is 265m on VR thats entirely comparable on live when the AH is as versatile against vehicles. Considering its a shotgun and you can come from above your looking at potentially all head shots against a large cluster coupled with its AE damage.

The original argument was that the banshee needs a loving nerf because it can kill large swathes of infantry in seconds then bug out before any sort of response can threaten you where the AH/PPA takes loiter time to do the same. A RoF/velocity nerf would be the best to prevent instant death and force the banshee to have loiter time.

Oh, VR

There's a lot of people who post here that use the Airhammer a lot, and I'd be surprised if any of them touted the ability of the weapon >130m, which itself is a much longer range than people give it credit for.

265m is too long for a Kobalt, it's gonna be quite prohibitive for a shotgun

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

Broose posted:

Can't speak for this specific problem, but I think something funny is up with recon darts in general again, as well. I've been seeing blips on the minimap as if they're motion tracked when there doesn't seem to be a dart. They supposedly smashed that bug last week, so I don't know what's going on. :iiam:

Also the Phoenix is just a piece of poo poo right now. Every 3rd shot it seems to suffer from ejectile dysfunction lately. What a drat troll launcher. If I didn't get showered in certs today from the farm that pushed me into the daily top 20 kills for a bit I'd probably be a little upset about getting it yesterday.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Oh, VR

There's a lot of people who post here that use the Airhammer a lot, and I'd be surprised if any of them touted the ability of the weapon >130m, which itself is a much longer range than people give it credit for.

265m is too long for a Kobalt, it's gonna be quite prohibitive for a shotgun

Westy had that video where he was killing dudes beyond 150m on amerish--its entirely possible to kill people at 265n but your likely to be traveling fast so you'll end up under 130m. The entire point is everyone is saying you cant kill anything with the AH beyond 110-130m and its entirely possible.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Arghy posted:

Westy had that video where he was killing dudes beyond 150m on amerish--its entirely possible to kill people at 265n but your likely to be traveling fast so you'll end up under 130m. The entire point is everyone is saying you cant kill anything with the AH beyond 110-130m and its entirely possible.

"I totally shot at a stationary target in an open field earlier for five minutes, and that means I know how a weapon works better than people who have been using it on a daily basis for the last two years. #zoewasalwaysbalanced"

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The banshee and the airhammer are more similar than they are different.

They're both bullshit and way more effective than the AI guns have any business being, but I also don't think ESFs should have any AI specialized weapons period so :shrug:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Yeah, I have rarely landed 150m+ kills with the airhammer mainly because the target ends up moving after a few seconds of getting plinked by something.

The only long range AH kills I've gotten that I can recall are when there are a bunch of people in a doorway or a roof and I'm just mag dumping on them from a good distance above.

edit : smash talk
What is going on with Miller and Nason's Defiance. :psyduck:

treizebee fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

treizebee posted:

Yeah, I have rarely landed 150m+ kills with the airhammer mainly because the target ends up moving after a few seconds of getting plinked by something.

The only long range AH kills I've gotten that I can recall are when there are a bunch of people in a doorway or a roof and I'm just mag dumping on them from a good distance above.

edit : smash talk
What is going on with Miller and Nason's Defiance. :psyduck:

The owner of Tryzzub's former account (with Shatter AND the horn) has been identified and reminded by the devs Admins of what he has

He is now apparently spamming the horn like crazy and Cobalt is winning because of it

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 26, 2014

• Locked thread